Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Operational Mastery I ( Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

Rep! : 26

Operational Mastery I ( Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Operational Mastery I ( Closed)   Operational Mastery I ( Closed) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:33 am

Operational Mastery I ( Closed) Pennybanner2

One part of taking care of business was scoping out just what the area was like. He’d already checked out one of the larger cities in this place. Namely that crazy dictatorial joint that had kidnapped Jay’de. Now he was coming to this place, it was a coastal city pretty nice. Maybe some tits on the beach. And as nice as that thought seemed it wasn’t his main reason for coming here. The main idea about it was scouting this place out as a potential target. Mostly because of the whole deal with the dark King, Mare Maris’s Queen hadn’t shown up at the little take back tournament that had went on while he made his deal with the devil. And whilst some might take the idea of that as an indication that Mare Maris wasn’t interested in getting involved in a war with the Dark king.

Penny didn’t see it like that, much like his suspicion that the dark king had somehow been involved in the formation of that tournament he suspected that there was more going on in Mare Maris than one would have thought. The idea that they didn’t turn up brought up that most obvious point, that they didn’t’ really want to get involved. Although that was just one way of looking at it. There was nothing to say that they weren’t watching with baited breath. The Dark King wanted his goals furthered. So Penny was going to investigate just what he could on Mare Maris. Was it a potential threat to the king?, and through the king his own plans for development?

He walked straight into the city, a brief case in hand that contained the parts of his sniper rifle. He tilted his hat at the guards who looked at him strangely for a moment but didn’t stop him. Would have to find a disguise to fit in, his clothes were generally out of the ordinary for this time. So, first stop. Poor section of town.

EXP: 357
PWC:357
TEXP:+1 ( 250+WORDS)
Active Effects:
MPC STG3 ( Coat Lining effect)

Operational Mastery I ( Closed) Pennyandmittens
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

PostSubject: Re: Operational Mastery I ( Closed)   Operational Mastery I ( Closed) EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Once inside the city Penny was quickly to find himself a disguise. Course couldn’t just kill someone that would have been too obvious. He just snuck his way into one of the crap holes and found himself and old rag robe and hood to wear over his suit whilst walking around. That was one thing about being a bum that he had learned from back in the day. When he had lived in the streets of Onitoshi you quickly learned like all places that people were more willing to ignore your existence. Hell even on earth he had remained in an alleyway for days and nobody had bothered about him. Bums were just part of the background. Things you didn’t see, or rather things that you did see, but filtered out because they were a blip on your sense of social order. This particular sense of it worked in his advantage. He would be able to talk to the other pariahs as if he was one of them.

And well. When you were a bum, and everyone treated you like the background noise. Then they were more likely to talk about things in front of you that perhaps they would have kept lips sealed about in better company.

His first task here was to find out the recent history of this place and just what had been going on in the past year. Anything of particular interest that could lead him towards his next strand of goals. Anything that could be of particular use.

EXP: 270
PWC:270
Active Effects:

Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

PostSubject: Re: Operational Mastery I ( Closed)   Operational Mastery I ( Closed) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:59 am

So what he got from mingling with the local bums was that this place and its queen had been quite active lately despite not showing up. A couple months ago there had been some plague that had hit the city. Then some pyrotechnics and the recovery of some strange pre-dawn artifact. Penny was intrigued. It seemed that a lot more had occurred here than had met the eye, in which case there was a little bit more sense to the Queen not showing face. If this city had been through those testing fires recently then doubtlessly they’d need more time to recover from it. And the last thing you would want to do in a situation such as that would be to involve yourself in another situation that only bred conflict. Particularly if said conflict was with the dark ruler of Medius.

It was food for though none the less as he strolled around the city, trying to gain more information, one particular thing of interest however was a kind of church located near the center point of the city. Back in the day religion had never seemed to be on much of anyone’s mind within Sai City, although considering the advanced level of the city and the highly primitive nature of this time. It was no surprise that they were looking for answers in higher beings. The mad demon knew they existed, or had anyways. The Hogasha, guardians of the realms…and the mysterious Watchers. With this in mind though he couldn’t help but think that this was another form of power resting within these city walls, one that might very well contest with the Queen for the hearts and minds of her people.

EXP: 314
PWC:314
Active Effects:

Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

PostSubject: Re: Operational Mastery I ( Closed)   Operational Mastery I ( Closed) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:07 am

From his wanderings there was now a stark obviousness from this city.

There were multiple powers here and they weren’t all vying for the same interest. Merchants and their guilds held power over commerce. Religion held sway over peoples beliefs. And the crown held both people’s hearts, protection and….well their very lives. But these individual forces to him seemed like they would always be in conflict, one against the other driving for supremacy. And, from what he had learned from within the city it wasn’t all too long ago that people within the church had been directly challenging the decisions of the crown. The rumbles of discontentment. The Dark King didn’t seem to have that problem. Then again he didn’t seem to have the problem of having to share his power with third parties. Perhaps it was because Medius as an actual Kingdom was little more than rubble and ruin.

Its people, living in constant fear for their lives. A struggle to survive. The Dark King less a king to the people and more a king to the monsters which he controlled. To these people a tyrant. But ultimately it seemed an effective Tyrant. And that was something he doubted people would argue against. The disguised mad man stopped for a moment in the street and wondered just what those who knew him would think if they knew that he had agreed to work with the Dark King. Izumi, didn’t think she would have much to say on the matter. At least not yet. Jay’de….might be different. Looks of sadness. Disappointment perhaps.

But, this was the way it needed to be. He had his goals, his oaths, his promises. Hell his job.
EXP: 322
PWC:322
Active Effects:

Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

PostSubject: Re: Operational Mastery I ( Closed)   Operational Mastery I ( Closed) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:19 am

TOTAL EXP:1263
TOTAL PWC:1263
TEXP:3

Items: 3 common items

Last edited by Pennywise on Fri May 18, 2012 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Operational Mastery I ( Closed)   Operational Mastery I ( Closed) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:19 am

The member 'Pennywise' has done the following action : Dices roll

'10 (aka Steal) Roll' : 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operational Mastery I ( Closed)   Operational Mastery I ( Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Operational Mastery I ( Closed)
Page 1 of 1