Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moods of Blue V

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Rep! : 31

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Very few things were as refreshing to the hyena as a walk through the morning woods. The dew splashed almost imperceptibly under foot, as though the millions of little drops could cleanse away all the foulness of the night and all the staleness of the previous day.

Honestly, she felt a bit of pressure. With the arrival of her new "pet" as well as the company of barbarians that she didn't know as well, she had to constantly project a rough, authoritarian front. Simply put, she wanted respect from the bear and Lethe's men. It wasn't something she thought of on a conscious level, but it was ancient instinct that told her to behave as she did.

"There is plenty of room in the village. I need workers and whores. We will get these from smaller encampments that can't defend themselves from us. I have seen one on my way here."

There was a small question that remained in her head, however. It was a seed of doubt that was beginning to grow into a thorn, a nagging worry in the back of her head that had no grounds in reason. "This does not bother you... that they are defenseless, does it?"

[ EXP: 225 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Rep! : 5

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:41 pm

Once again the group was on the move, fresh for the coming day due to their stay at a very peculiar inn the night before. Even though he'd had his embarrassing moment with Rivers, Lethe didn't make a deal about the incident any further and dropped it as soon as they'd left. Truth be told he was eager to begin some of the more routine duties, such as fighting. Yes, he was very excited for that part.

Lethe and his men moved with a nonchalant attitude that could only accompany someone that was raised in the area. Most outsiders seemed to have a profound fear of the animals and other unknown things that went bump in the forests, and on mornings like this it seemed that everything was out. But there was no fear, only enjoyment.

As they followed Iskra she presented Lethe with a rather peculiar question. Rather, he didn't imagine up to this point that she cared for his opinion on the matter. Whether or not she would like his answer he wasn't sure of, but he was going to answer truthfully and he responded without even taking time to this, "I suppose it does, yes. Well, what they're being ushered into is the problem more than their defenselessness"

The barbarian was a part of a free peoples, and as such valued freedom, so it should have been an answer that wasn't surprising. "It's not my place to question your methods, though. What you do with people to fill your villages and territories with are none of my concern. People that fall under my jurisdiction will be treated different, to be sure, but those that belong to you aren't my business."

He'd responded in the most honest way he could while preserving his place on the chain of command. Hopefully he wouldn't anger her with his response.

EXP: 353
PWC: 353
Other: +1 TEXP (July 31st, 2nd thread)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:58 pm

Iskra's brows furrowed as she processed Lethe's words. Clearly he had some sense of honor and empathy. These things were not uncommon in humans, who tended to like each other in the same way that the hyena clans tended to stick together. This separated them from the parak, or hell-demons as they were more generally known. Those kinds had no conscience... no care of what anyone else thought. They only banded together so that they could perpetuate more violence and strife. While she liked to think she was better than them because she acted according to what was natural, she felt that she could not change what she was, even if it would seem bad by Lethe's standards. It was inescapably in her nature that she would take advantage of weaker, more helpless things. All carnivores were that way, whether onikonjou or not.

"You are my underling..." she began, having trouble gathering the words. "...and I do care what you think... not of me, but of what you are and what's in your nature. Kindness is in the nature of humans. Protection of the weak and innocent. It's not in mine. You might see a safe haven for human women who are escaping the evils of their home villages. I see something to sell. These things cannot be helped."

She fell silent for a moment, as though she wasn't finished thinking.

[ EXP: 269 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:06 am

It was always interesting to hear Iskra's point of view on things. The fact that she wasn't a human was something that Lethe hardly ever thought about, and it was only in situations like this did that fact become an issue at all. She was right in the notion that Lethe viewed this as liberating them from a harsh environment, but she was wrong in thinking he thought that about what she was doing, "Anytime someone is forcefully taken, relocated, and forced to become some sort of commodity ... well, I don't consider that a haven, Master."

Becaus she wasn't a human she tended to have trouble with her words, and sometimes Lethe had to remind himself to be clear in the point he was trying to make, "To put this in terms that are easier to understand, look at it from a morale perspective. People that are enslaved or forced to do something do not perform as well as someone that is given some semblance of a life. It is my simple advice that even once you force these people to become workers or prostitutes that you provide them with a few things ... namely secure working conditions. Better treated whores put out a better product, and a better product can be sold for more and more money." The barbarian explained, having a remarkably civil view of how things should run for someone that was called a barbarian.

"Ensure the quality of clients as well, and you'd have quite the money maker on your hands." he added as if stone cold fact. Truth be told he did have an alternate agenda in trying to push this upon Iskra. Since he didn't agree with what she used her people for, he could at attempt to give them the best kind of lives they could possibility have under those conditions. The last thing he wanted to do was support some sort of horrible civilization that was nothing but slaves and people treated less than human, and it troubled him that at times it seemed like it was going to turn out that way.

"So, where is this village?" He asked, his amber eyes scanning his surroundings.

EXP: 401
PWC: 401
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:38 am

"You needn't talk so loud," she answered matter-of-factly. "Not like it will matter. They're just..." she paused to sniff the breeze. "Just through these bushes."

When she parted the bushes, it revealed a quaint, stone wall made from salvaged ruins of the bygone age. They'd been neatly stacked together, one atop another, and didn't seem like they'd be much of an obstacle to anyone.

There was a gate, however. It was wooden and arched with two lanterns, one atop each of the gate posts, that burned tranquilly away with a blue flame. Holding the wicks that led into the lanterns were two long-haired statues, each depicting a gentle kamikonjou woman. Their poses differed only slightly, one looking up towards the lantern and the other looking outwards, as though to greet anyone who approached the door with her slight, cherubic smile.

Upon the gate was a cheery inscription.

Door wrote:
May our doors forever shelter you you,

May its enchantment bless you,

And may the fellowship that we share,

create happy memories and smiling, magical moments.

The incubus peeked out of the trees, almost shyly before noticing the decor. "It's so cute!"

[ EXP: 240 || +1 TEXP (5th post) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:47 am

Iskra didn't seem overly interested in what he had to say, evidence by the fact she abruptly changed the subject. It was fine, either way, since he had no true saying in the matter. She led them to where their target village was, and according to her senses the people were just through the clearing. Anticipating some sort of resistance, however small, Lethe gave the hand signal to his men ordering them to prepare their weapons. You could never be too sure in situations like theses ... even if there wasn't supposed to be any opposition it was better to be prepared for one than not.

As they came to what Lethe assumed was the entrance to the area, they were met with an arching entrance and words of the old world etched into it. In his many years on this planet (well, about 20, but by his count that was a long time) he'd picked up a few words here and there from people who claimed to have known. Older people were particularly adept at teaching people some words, because it seemed like every so often you'd run across one who would look upon such things with familiarity, and it would gradually come back to them, or they'd have a trinket that seemed to server as a cipher for a word or two.

Using the limited knowledge of the written language that he had, Lethe was able to gather that the message was written in a very cheery and welcoming manner.

Great, a village that was kind and welcoming to wary travelers was the place they were going to ravage, loot, and enslave. As if he needed something like that on his conscience. In response to the incubi's assertion, Lethe shot him a piercing look, "Bite your tongue until we finish here."

He wouldn't be reminded of the type of place this was, and he eagerly looked towards Iskra for orders.

EXP: 352
PWC: 352
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:03 am

Run withered under the stern reproof of what he had come to understand as someone who was one of his masters in this situation.

Iskra wasn't fond of his tone, but before she could say anything, a woman gently cracked open the gate.

She could not have been born long before the dawn. The figure that now looked on them with lively, blue eyes had fair skin, the slight tan color testifying to her agrarian roots, and long, dark hair that hung down well past her waist. It was the perfectly straight, light sort one might expect on an Asian, if, in fact, Asia was a feature of this world. She leaned shyly against the column supporting the gate, half shielding herself with the door. On her fragile visage was an expression of slight, submissive fear. She looked past Lethe... past Iskra... and past the wilted incubus to the barbarians in the bushes. Her sleeve slid down from where her hands rested against the doorpost, revealing a rather nasty scar, the shape of which wasn't readily apparent, though it was a very noticeable flaw in her otherwise perfect skin.

"Can I help you?" she asked so quietly that she may as well have been the breeze whispering.

Iskra frowned and walked forward. "What are you so scared of? Look, I want to talk to the person in charge of this p--"

Her sentence was cut off rather violently. As she stepped closer to the door, the angels seemed to take on a glow of increasing magnitude until there was a flash and the wild spirit was thrown back at an amazing speed. The incubus ducked with his prodigious flexibility, and the matriarch went soaring over his head, coming to an abrupt halt with a grunt in the middle of a tree that, helpfully enough, broke in two and fell forwards atop her. For the moment, Iskra wasn't visible.

The woman gasped, and the crack in the hardly-open gate grew even narrower. "You are all demons?"

[ EXP: 377 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:28 am

There was something about this whole ordeal that made Lethe feel uneasy. Of course there was the enslaving of his own race to be used in shameful and demeaning ways, as well as force men and people strong enough into an occupation that would probably work them to death under certain conditions, but there was also the fact that Iskra was so readily wanting to do these things.

Even back in the forest when the Barbarian King had first met the spotty haired woman in her human form, he had never been able to feel evil on her. In many ways she was pure then - at least to him - and ever since she'd ... Jack. The time that Iskra had been away from him - completely disappeared and with no form of contact - Lethe had never questioned where she had been and what she had done. It was revealed to him later that she was with the demon Jack and had received training (if that's what you wanted to call it) on how to harness her powers, but he had never viewed it as anything more than what she had claimed it to be.

But, what about her (in his view) change in behavior? It was Jack's fault. The reason Lethe was here, following orders that he didn't agree with, having to subscribe to a belief of what he was doing was okay was all because of Jack. That filthy demon. That pompous, pretentious piece of onikonjou filth. Everything about this situation, it's ramifications, and toll on his being was directly the fault of Jack.

The Barbarian King was full of seething hate at this point, his silent yet calm demeanor betraying the rage that was burning within him. All of the emotional conflict he'd had for carrying out this mission and others he was now pinning on Jack. In Lethe's mind, it was his fault and the perceived corruption of his master was his doing. Death would be too good for him.

The narrowed, angry eyes of Lethe would calm when his mater was suddenly sent rocketing back into the brush behind him. Normally Lethe would have reacted to such a thing violently, but it didn't appear that the woman had acted aggressively towards Iskra. In fact it seemed that the building had, and furthermore Lethe's pure surprise at what had just happened caught him off guard.

For a moment, he didn't respond to her question, he simply stared back towards Iskra, motioning towards where she lay to order her men to help her up.

"Uhh ... " Lethe mumbled, what he was going to say momentarily lost to him, "She and he are." Lethe pointed to Rivers and referred to Iskra. "I am not, and neither are my men."

His head tilted at the building, "What was that?"

EXP: 513
PWC: 513
Other: +1 TEXP (July 31st, posted 5 times)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:43 am

The woman seemed to grow much smaller. "This place has been blessed by a kind spirit. None of unpure blood can progress past these guardians."

Though the men moved to help Iskra quickly enough, when they arrived, they'd find that the leaves and boughs of the fallen tree had taken up a peculiar trembling. After a manner of time, the spirit burst forth, in hyena form and driven to a state of madness by her anger.

There was something different about her form, however. She had horns, and in lieu of her normal, spineless form, a number of spikes poked up from her back, splaying with the motions of her run as she charged at one of the statues [Dragon Fragment].

The woman shrieked shortly and closed the door. It wasn't her that Iskra sought, but the damned statue. She leapt atop it, and though both of them sparked with an incredible radiance, she'd braced herself against the force, directly countering theirs with hers, and soon her jaws were about the first one's head.

And so large was her mouth in this form that she was able to get her foreteeth down to the more welcoming of the statue's necks, and took the head with her when she was thrown backwards.

Dizzy, but victorious, she stood to her feet, one paw on the disembodied head of the stone. "Lethe, could you please do something about those statues? I guess I could, but it takes a lot of energy."

[ EXP: 280 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:03 am

For a time Lethe found himself staring at the woman. For someone that lived out in the middle of the woods she sure did seem to be free of imperfections, and she had a figure that wasn't indicative of someone that lived the hard life. Then again, if Iskra had her way this woman and any other woman living here were going to very quickly find themselves in that situation.

And then there was the rage from his master.

She sprang forth from the debris like an angry viper, scaring the small woman in the process, and began to viciously attack one of the perpetrators of her attack. The sight was very much to Lethe's surprise. It's not that he didn't expect her to have this sort of reaction, it's that he didn't expect her to be in such a form. It was a form that he'd never seen before, and it looked more demonic than anything else she'd ever appeared as. Once again it was something he could blame Jack for ... a blind rage and a form that expressed it.

With a resigning sigh Lethe did what he was told, picking up his claymore and delivering a powerful swing towards the remaining statue and what had deflected her. His blade, imbued with the power of ice, shredded the earthen figures and send concrete dust and shards across the surrounding area. As it stood now the barrier that protected those within was down.

EXP: 266
PWC: 266

Last edited by Lydeck on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:15 am

With those obstacles out of the way, she trotted over to Lethe. "Thank you," she growled in an unearthly snarl. Her tongue shot out, and provided he didn't recoil in horror, she'd lick him on the face before stepping on the poem. Her strength and weight made the door into a welcome mat as she made her way in. "I tried to be nice, but I can see that you will have none of that! Very well, then. I'm taking everything! Show yourselves!"

"That's far enough, hellspawn!"

Iskra turned, her blue eyes filled with a particular malice due to the effects that pain had on her psyche.

She beheld a kami standing in front of the main building of the compound. She was in a fighting stance, her wings splayed, apparently to make herself look bigger. She was a full-figured woman, perhaps muddle aged, and possessed of the strange, maternal air of someone who'd watched after many people for a very long time. The other women were nowhere to be seen, but no doubt they were huddling, scared, in the building.

Iskra grinned maliciously, a dark cackle wafting from her throat. "If I have to fight you, it will be much worse for the female creatures you have behind you. If you really cared for them, you would make things easy for me."

The martial artist showed not the slightest hint of fear or intimidation. "This is your last chance. Leave now, while you still draw breath into your loathsome body."

It was obvious that there would be a confrontation. Iskra paced back and forth before the still lady, her head low to the ground and her bestial lips lifted in a snarl.

[ EXP: 222 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:24 am

Was she going to - yes, she did. While Lethe may not have actually recoiled from Iskra's licking, his face had scrunched after the fact. The reaction wasn't due to Iskra licking him, not at all, but instead the form in which she'd licked him. It was a horribly dark and evil looking form, and for a moment he wasn't sure if she was going to eat him for his resigning sigh or what. But he was quite happy with a lick.

And of course this wasn't going to be as easy as just carrying off women ... there had to be some sort of guardian. There was always someone or something that made things harder than it should have been. By plainly looking at this woman she was definitely an kamikonjou, and by Lethe's nature alone he felt no ill will towards her. In fact he probably agreed with her principals more than Iskra's, but there still wasn't a single shred of faltering loyalty to the spotty hyena demon within him.

The Barbarian King grunted, and shook his head, "I'd listen to her if I were you." He announced to the women's defender, "She possesses powers you can't begin to fathom. It's a hopeless fight ... so what do you value more, the women's well being or your pride?"

It was a simple question, one that perhaps should make her stay. Lethe doubted it though, and he turned to Iskra half heatedly, "What would you have me do?"

EXP: 267
PWC: 267
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:40 am

Hardly had Lethe finished his words than the kami was upon the hyena spirit, but not with her body. It was a great and radiant spell that sent a flash over the entire area.

Now Iskra had many weaknesses, but few that she'd known about. It was her first time fighting a kami on such terms, and all she really knew about them was that she had an insatiable lust for their blood and pain.

The spell, and it was a blessing to all others than her, but her in a rather weakened state of affairs, and she seemed hardly able to keep her footing. "You..." she murmured, limping towards the good spirit. She moved easily out of the way.

"Why do you help this creature?" She asked rather demandingly of Lethe, indicating the plainly frightened women peeking out of the windows. "I sense the spirit of purity in yourself. Doing this will go against what you are. Do you really trust this vile thing around these poor women? Look at them! Haven't they been through enough?"

[ EXP: 197 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:06 pm

It wasn't often that Lethe saw Iskra in a position where she either appeared to be outmatched or appeared to be wounded or unable to fend off whatever was attacking her. Hell, this was the first time the young warrior could ever remember her being in such a situation. In a way it was probably ironic that the type of beings that Iskra so sought to destroy and enslave were actually her weakness. Could that have been a partial ulterior motive for what she was doing? There was no way for Lethe to be certain, but he was quite surprised at not experiencing the slightest tinge of discomfort from the kamikonjou's spell. It shouldn't have surprised him, though, considering he'd absorbed Samael's entire being, overcame it, and was half kamikonjou now. Holy magic like that hardly phased him, and he'd built up a partial immunity to dark magic after being around Iskra for so long.

Sadly, Lethe didn't have a ready answer for the kami when she questioned him. The way she phrased the query caused the white haired man to look away and towards the ground as if he was a child being scolded by a parent. The sight was definitely nothing someone would usually see out of a fearsome warrior. But there was good reason for it. To put it shortly, he was embarrassed.

"I ... " he began to speak lowly, beginning to retort towards the woman but pausing as he realized that it was his own honor and pride that kept him here. " .... I have to serve her. She saved my life. My life is hers. A life debt." Lethe spoke in short precise sentences, more a result of his inner conflict than anything else. There wasn't much of a good reason he could articulate that he was doing what he was doing. All of these actions were being done in the name of his honor, but there was no honor in the actions. Quite the opposite, actually. So was he actually shaming himself instead of preserving by following his orders?

The conundrum was too much for him. It was times like this, when he questioned himself and what he was doing so deeply, that he shut it all out and focused it on a single thing. What it tended to be was as wild of a guess to anyone as anything else, but this particular moment it fell on the fact that Iskra wasn't evil. At least to him, and if she was he didn't want to admit it to himself. Her actions were Jack's fault, in his mind, and Lethe had a duty to protect her from this kami and subsequently remove what was tainting her ... and he couldn't do that without defending her now.

The Barbarian King's grip tightened around his blade, and he motioned for his men to stay out of the fight. "I'm sorry." He said to the elder kami with apologetic eyes, "But I cannot allow you to hurt her..."

Twirling his claymore as if it was but a dagger, Lethe moved into an offensive position, stopping the blade as it faced her. He wasn't going to make the first move, instead waiting to see if she balked on her attack, but as soon as she moved towards Iskra or himself the focused warrior would spring into action.

EXP: 619
PWC: 619
OTher: +1 TEXP (August 1st, earned 250 exp)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:56 pm

The kami frowned, an expression of fierce, almost maternal protection giving her glare a potent dose of righteous fury. Eventually, though, that expression was temporarily replaced by faint surprise, recognition, even. For a moment she seemed hesitant to proceed in the battle.

"I admired you, Samael, but you've changed into something that I cannot forgive," she said, solemnly. At length, she tilted her head up and bored into the man's soul with her chilling blue eyes. In a rigidly formal and condescending voice, she spoke to him for the last time.

"You have betrayed our race, our cause, and everything that we stand for. For that, I find you guilty based on the undeniable evidence in my possession; and by the power vested in me by our kamikonjou heritage, I sentence you to die."

With that, her hand would come alight with a brilliant force that eventually coalesced into a sword, and the battle would begin with her arm coming down in a furious swing.

Iskra continued to stumble around, almost drunkenly in the background as her race at her own incapacitation built.

[ EXP: 220 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Lethe had a temper. It was one aspect of him that made him a ferocious fighter and feared among his people. When he was sent into a rage almost all of his personal boundaries and censors that he places upon himself were shed for those bitter minutes in combat. And it just so happened that this woman pushed him over the edge. Here he was, apologetic for having to fight her, and she was judging him. Who was she to judge him? Who was she to sit there and cast such a sentence upon him, condescending from some false sense of superiority?

And then she attacked.

"You talk to much!" The enraged king roared, swinging his blade in an upward motion towards his attackers. This was the first time that Lethe had ever gone into combat against a kamikonjou, and as luck would have it his first time would be with someone that was nearly as inexperienced as he was. It seemed that in the years since the dawn, whatever power this woman would have had before it had either dwindled or she'd forgotten it. All of this was shown by the fact that Lethe's enraged swing shattered the weapon she'd created with her holy magic.

With surprising speed Lethe twisted his claymore and slugged her in the side of the head with the flat end, avoiding actually killing her and instead knocking her to her back. The swing, coming from a broad imposing warrior, was strong and would have no doubt fractured the woman's jaw. Had she truly been so blind to his power? Or was she expecting the power of the old Samael?

The woman, clearly taken aback by what had just transpired, clutched her face and crawled away from Lethe the best she could. It would be to no avail though, as even at a slow walk he was going to catch her. "You call me Samael?" Lethe questioned as he walked towards her, his body morphing slowly (normally it'd be instant, but he purposely went about it slowly this time). With each step her grew taller, adding a whole two feet, and his body became broader and more full. Lethe's once snow white hair had turned a pitch black, and his face had lost all it's features, looking more like the face of death itself than a human, and his once brilliant amber eyes were now a blood red. "Samael is dead, wench. He tried to posses me; use me to hunt Oni."

By this time Lethe was upon the kami, and he reached down and picked her up by the throat with one of his bear claw sized hands, "But I dominated him. I took his power, destroyed his consciousness, and banished him from my body. Became more powerful than he could imagine being. And now I'm going to use his power to finish you." Speaking in a cold tone, Lethe's once clenched hand grew flat and became covered in ice. With a powerful jab, Lethe's hand impaled the kami through the abdomen, came out the other side, and gripped her back tightly. "A loving reunion for one you used to admire, isn't it?"

With a grunt, Lethe slung his arm towards Iskra, causing the kami-kabob to slide off his arm and roll to a stop near the hyena demon. Even though she was bleeding, she was still alive and the final kill was up to Iskra.

EXP: 637
PWC: 637
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:16 pm

The bless had been relatively weak. That is, Iskra found herself shaking off its effects in relatively short order and her full awareness and strength came back about when the kami landed at her paws.

She wasn't used to seeing Lethe so angry, but those thoughts went on the backburner when she saw the woman laying there, coughing up her own life and leaving a red stain on the ground before her as she glared at the demon. "You... you did this, didn't you?"

The hyena was past the point where she could answer coherently. Her true nature had taken over, as it often took over at the sight and scent of a class of spirit that was both her ancestral prey and hated predator, so she told her feelings with her teeth. She hadn't eaten anything since the morning.

The angel moved, trying to crawl away, but too weak to. The beast placed a paw on one of her wings and the movement accelerated. This was a source of pure delight to the monster. She inhaled the alluring aroma around the site of her impalement. The feathers tickled her nose. She took one wing into her mouth. It struggled and tickled her tongue. The hunger was acute. Her jaws came together, gently at first until the full infamous biting power of her species pressed down on the bones. There was a sickening crack, then crunching. Warm blood ran into her mouth. It tasted delicious. It was meat, the same kind that she had subsisted her entire life on, but it was from a heaven-spirit and therefore better.

The screams were musical, like a dinner bell, for if any creature could scream beautifully to her, it was a kami. The hyena's weight kept the guardian angel pinned as she swallowed the first wing, feathers and all, before inhaling the second with with great, tearing jerks of her jaw. The beautiful flesh was torn off in great ribbons. The limbs were eaten first. The screams continued. The eyes were eaten out long before death came, and death came only after the beast had torn through the unfortunate woman's ribs and gulped down her heart.

It didn't take her long at all to devour the carcass, perhaps the space of a few minutes, but if there was anything that they had, it was time. Rivers looked slightly sickened by the carnage and backed away, leaving to sit out in the bushes. The women in the compound wept helplessly as their friend, mentor, and guardian was shredded to pieces before their eyes. To all of these things, the demon was completely oblivious. She was elated. The lust to kill and torture angels was upon her. Her breed gave her this purpose, and it was a meaning for her in this world. Feathers still floated down like a snowfall.

Her rationality returned when the once beautiful creature she'd assailed with her teeth was no more than a dark red stain on the stone ground. She licked her jaws and cackled. Her entire face, neck, and chest were soaked in that wonderful blood, the kind that she now wondered how she'd gone her entire life without sampling.

"Lethe, we're done here. Get your men to round those women up and we'll march them to the city. They can have any possessions they can carry."

[ EXP: 628 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:20 pm

As soon as Lethe had thrown the aged kami to the proverbial wolves, his anger had begun to disappear. One aspect of his temper is that it tended to be short lived, and afterward he'd revert back to his normal personality. If one was to look into why exactly he'd gotten so angry they'd have to look no further than guilt. The woman's words, while condemning and condescending on an infuriating scale, were true in their own way. By following Iskra's orders he was becoming something that he couldn't forgive. But what could he do? Her mentioning that just sent him into a frenzy, and the carnage that was happening now partly his doing.

At first Lethe watched as the woman's wings were ripped from her being. He'd reverted back to his normal form, and the more Iskra went the less he could watch. About the time she finished the wings and began on the rest of the body Lethe looked away, ashamed at the situation he'd brought down on someone who didn't actually deserve such a cruel fate. It was a gruesome scene, and besides enforcing just how much of an animal Iskra really was it also scared the wits out of his men. Sure, you probably wouldn't be able to tell a whole lot, but it was scenes like these that made Lethe's men follow Lethe and Iskra without as much as a question.

It took a few minutes for Iskra to finish and the entire time Lethe stared at the ground. When she turned to address him and told him to round up the women, Lethe turned and began towards the door. The Barbarian King didn't even look at Iskra. "You could have at least killed her first", brushing past her and heading into the building. Lethe's men followed with passing fearful glances at the hyena demon.

Inside it wasn't a display that would clear Lethe's conscience anytime soon. It was a host of women all terrified and scared out of their minds, and upon seeing them Lethe shook his head. "Just ... come with us quietly, and you won't be harmed." he managed to say, ordering his men to round them up. A few cried out, while a majority sobbed, and the snow haired warrior turned and briskly left the inside of the building.

Striding past Iskra, Lethe kept his head to the sky, "They'll be out in a few moments."

EXP: 441
PWC: 441
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:44 pm

Thread Gains
EXP: 3,849
PWC: 3,849
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moods of Blue V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue V   Moods of Blue V Empty

Back to top Go down

Moods of Blue V
Page 1 of 1