Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moods of Blue IV

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Rep! : 5

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:36 pm

Perhaps coming here wasn't the best idea right now. It wasn't really so much that he was afraid of the people there, but he wondered the kind of reaction the villagers would have at him and his master walking into the village with a massive bear following them around. It wasn't like seeing armed men was anything new in places like this, so Lethe and his companions wouldn't cause a stir, but a giant bear would.

Lethe decided not to question his leader, though. Worst comes to worst everyone would freak out and attack them and he was positive their combined might to quell anyone pretty easily. Besides, the entire point was to somehow take this area over, right? So maybe them attacking would end up being a good thing.

Salivary glands kicked in as the succulent smell of prepared food met his sense. Iskra was right, whatever they were cooking here smelled delicious. in his lifetime Lethe had been around a wide variety of this land's cuisine, and this particular dish (whatever it may be) reminded him quite a bit of roast. Ahhh, yes ... he'd be quite happy if it was roast, potatoes, and carrots. It had to be cooked all day in a big pot, though, or it wouldn't be the same.

As the group came to the edge of the village Lethe looked back as Iskra, since he had taken the lead on the way there. "You sure it's a good idea to bring big, round, and furry with us?" he asked, waiting for her to take point.

EXP: 283
PWC: 283
Other: +1 TEXP (June 19th, earned 250 exp)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Rep! : 31

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Iskra walked, her arms behind her head and her blue eyes focused forwards as she conjured images of stewed meats in her head. These sort of places usually had scrap-meats as well for dogs. Those had been a perennial favorite for her, and she'd often frequented the kitchen-refuse areas of the Village of the Moon just to find the rare delicacies. Indeed, people who cooked food at home instead of at outposts like these often found uses for the most unlikely of organs and bits.

But outposts were different. She followed her nose forward, salivating at the thought of the meal to come.

The bear bellowed again. It was much noisier than a normal bear as well, and often huffed and puffed and snorted when he walked with his lumbering gait.

"You should ride him. It'll make him look like a mount instead of a wild bear. I don't think anyone will have a problem with him being around if they think he's a pet."

The bear snorted in seeming disgust at the idea, but not enough to make him seem smarter than the average bear.

[ EXP: 211 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Mounting a bear. Riding a bear. The phrase conjured up so many different images in his head, ranging from her description of mating with the bear in the woods to him trying to actually ride the bear like a steed and him ending up with half his body rended from the bear's rage. Neither of those things were anything he wanted to think about, and he quickly shook his head at her suggestion, "I'd rather not."

"I think you rode 'im enough anyway!" One of Lethe's men called up, having heard what Iskra had said and wasn't going to miss the opportunity for an immature joke. Who could blame them though, when you lived the kind of lives professional soldiers did (especially ones from the woodlands), you took every opportunity to laugh in your life that you could. Any day you could have been called into battle and it could be the end of you.

The jest caused Lethe to grin, his usual apprehension for such things lessened knowing that Iskra never got human jokes. Soon they'd come to what appeared to be a tavern. Smoke rose from the back of it which was the obvious source of the delicious food they'd smelled before. "Looks like this is it." Lethe said before motioning towards the bear, "I'll tell them he's my pet, if anyone asks, but he needs to stay outside."

EXP: 253
PWC: 253
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:35 am

Iskra appeared confused at the thought of just leaving the bear outside, and moreover that Lethe would say it was his pet. "Well, it's not your bear, it's mine." The assertion was short. "I'll say what happens to my bear, and I will answer any questions concerning said bear."

It was obvious that she had become annoyed somehow, whether it was at the men cracking jokes about the relationship between her and the bear or Lethe's insistence on it staying outside would be hard to determine, but the scent of food always put her in a more possessive mood.

The bear walked up to the bottom of the steps of the outpost and sat down, groaning at the door in the odd way that beasts who know how to roar often do when they're trying to express themselves without scaring anyone. Iskra walked up the steps past him and knocked on the door.

By the second knock, the door swung open from beneath her hand. A rather short woman with squinted eyes stood there. Her face was concealed behind a layer of white paint, save on her red-stained lips, and she didn't seem as though she could see very well. There were many middle-aged and elderly people who had modern optometry to help their sight before the dawn, so it wasn't unusual to find a person who looked as though they were half blind.

"Custahmahs?" Presumably she was trying to say "customers", but much of her meaning was hidden behind her thick accent and shrill voice. "Good. You come in and buy."

It seemed that once she knocked on the door, Iskra didn't have much further say in the matter. With surprising speed, she found herself seated with a menu before her. Fortunately, there were huge illustrations to compensate for the high illiteracy rate among travelers, and this allowed her to get some idea of what she wanted.

The woman returned to the doorway. "You men, all you men come inside too."

[ EXP: 378 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Lethe couldn't help but roll his eyes at the picking on word choice. He had never actually meant to imply any ownership of the bear. Why would he? There wasn't a single reason he could think of that would warrant him wanting to own such a creature, and especially this particular one. The outburst caused Lethe to shoot a dirty look at the now bellowing forest animal. There was still something about it Lethe didn't like; it was close to the same feeling he got whenever he was near Jack.

Soon a strangely decorated woman appeared through the doors what he had assumed was a tavern. The woman's thick accent made it hard to understand her, but Lethe was able to decipher what she was saying relatively well since he'd been living for some long with the Nogatii to the north, who had their own strange dialect that they spoke with.

She ushered them all inside and the chieftain followed without any resistance. He was quite hungry, after all, since they'd been traveling and claiming land for some time now. He knew his men had jokingly claimed they should eat the bear, but the consequences of doing such a thing would be so dire Lethe hadn't even wanted to think about. Besides, for some reason he could see that animal resisting in an intelligent way.

EXP: 251
PWC: 251
Other: +1 TEXP (earned 250 exp, June 20th)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:05 pm

The little woman seated the rest of the warriors with a surprising indifference until suddenly turning back towards the door.

It was open, and the bear was politely looking in.

One could almost see a little exclamation point pop up over the painted woman's head, though her eyes didn't open any wider than a silken thread from the Village of the Moon.

"What are you doing out there, man? Come, come sit with other smelly men!"

The bear opened its mouth and grunted lightly, a confused look on its face, as though to say, "But..."

"No buts! You no squat outside for free, you buy!"

The woman scooted out a chair for the bear, though after seating the tremendous beast who somehow failed to break the chair, she was unable to push it back in.

She shoved a menu into its paws. "Tell me what you buy."

The bear simply roared in its confused way.

The little woman seemed to lose her patience. "And drop that stupid disguise!"

She smacked him across the muzzle, and in a flash of light, a horned, masked, muscular incubus was sitting where the giant bear had been.

He blinked, confused before looking down and noticing that he was now less... grizzly.

With a nervous smile, he looked around at the men and at Iskra. "Ummm... sorry about this, guys. Let's see... I'll take the honey-baked salmon."

Iskra appeared completely unphased. "I'll take whatever's the cheapest meat you have. Don't worry about my stomach."

The "waitress" looked expectantly towards the barbarians.

[ EXP: 305 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:12 pm

It really shouldn't have surprised him. After all the time he'd spent with Iskra, after all the places he'd gone with her, and after all the different beings he'd run across in his timer with her it shouldn't have surprised him to witness the incubus' transformation. And yet there he sat, eyes widened, staring as the large lumbering bear transformed into a pale muscular man with the unmistakable characteristics of an Oni. He knew there was something he hadn't liked about that bear!

To Lethe's surprise his men didn't react as he figured they would. Normally he'd assume a violent reaction would be the only way they'd respond to such an unknown, but because of the rather humorous way the woman nonchalantly smacked the bear into it's rightful form, they reacted as if they'd just seen a parlor trick. The whooped and hollered in satisfaction, one making a wisecrack asking what else the woman could smack.

With a deep sight Lethe shook his head. Just another day in this life of his, he presumed. The amount of whacky and awkward situations he found himself in would have made for good comical story time sessions with wide eyed children around a campfire.

A light tapping made him realize the feisty woman was growing impatient with him since his comrades had already made their selections. "Oh!" Lethe scanned the menu quickly before settling on a favorite, "Three orders of the steak dinner. 20oz, rare. Potatoes with them all, extra salt."

Now that the decision of dinner was made it was time to deal with this .... person. Looking at Iskra expectantly, Lethe decided to coax the topic, "So, what should we call your new pet?"

EXP: 311
PWC: 331
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:43 am

The woman left in a very big hurry to go fulfill the orders.

Iskra shrugged. "I don't know. Why don't you ask him?"

"Rivers," the toned incubus said, extending his hand for a shake and flashing what would have no doubt been an incredibly charismatic smile were it not for the mast that concealed most of his face. "You can call me Rivers, my last name. Everyone did when I was younger."

He laid back, seeming apologetic for his deception even though nobody else had seemed to mind. "The horns, you see... well, I was visited one night by a spirit from heaven in the form of a ram. I woke up with certain powers."

"I got involved in the supernatural, which I suppose was my downfall. One of my irate ex girlfriends transformed me into a bear." That particular memory seemed to make him very sad, but he quickly cheered up when the food arrived with abnormal speed.

"I was stuck as a bear for awhile, but I figured out how to transform back for short periods of time. I apologize for seducing your boss. She's a wonderful woman."

Iskra appeared to ignore the compliment, munching placidly on a pile of half-cooked organs.

[ EXP: 230 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Would a younger demon equal a child demon? Could demons even be children? The concept of a demon actually having a childhood like a normal human was a concept that had never once crossed the young warrior's mind. On the other hand, this Rivers fellow made mention of being, what he could only assume to be, possessed by a spirit ... or something. Was the man an incubus or a human originally? What does a heavenly visit have to do with gaining horns akin to the demons he saw on his trip to the underworld?

Lethe had a variety of questions he had about this mysterious new member to their group, but he really didn't want to ask.

The mention of him seducing Iskra did nothing to help the new relations between the two or forge any kind of bond. The feeling Lethe found quaking through his body at that mention was something between a stranger bragging about a conquest of your ex girlfriend, or that same person making mention of seducing your sister. It was a strange sensation, and coupled with the odd pleasantness and politeness of Rivers made Lethe unable to stand him that much more.

Head hanging, the broad warrior didn't respond to their new company with much welcome, "Right." Ugh, this man was going to be with them from now on. "Charmed, I'm sure." Lethe said in resignation under his breath.

Food would calm him. That, he was sure of.

EXP: 276
PWC: 276
Other: +1 TEXP (June 21, earned 250 exp)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:22 am

The incubus, being an empathetic soul due to the nature of his possession, smiled, his eyes turning up and a stylized sweat mark dripping down his head. "I'm sorry I mentioned it. Heh. I thought you knew... already... umm... I'll just be quiet now." The honeyed salmon before him was a strange dish, but it emitted a truly wonderful smell. Rivers put his hand up to his face, preparing to pull down his mask so he could eat. "Ah, I am honored b--"

A dark hand reached over and slid the plate away from his spot. Iskra had taken it upon herself to remove his plate from his spot, as she'd already emptied her own with undue speed.

"Ummm," Rivers began, a little perplexed and still hungry. "Excuse me..."

The woman simply snarled a terrible, deep snarl without looking up from her meal. She considered herself the leader of the group, after all, and that had a significant effect on her table manners.

The incubus appeared to give up and just leaned back casually, asking to be left a little bit of meat.

Iskra's blue eyes lifted slightly, but only to study any meat anyone else might have bought. The fish wouldn't last long.

[ EXP: 230 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:04 am

Sometimes, it was an odd thing to watch the way Lethe's spotty haired superior behaved in certain situations. Dining was one of those situations where her true nature tended to show itself much more openly than in other, more subdued, walks of the day. Usually if someone told you you were behaving like an animal it was meant as an insult, but in Iskra's case it would have been nothing more than saying she was behaving true to her instincts. Contrary to what outward appearances might tell you, Iskra was more hyena than she was beautiful woman ... or dashing young man ... or whatever form she happened to be in at the time.

Speaking of which, remembering Iskra's shape shifting abilities in relation to this new 'Rivers' fellow was troubling. Being an incubus he couldn't imagine him disliking that many forms of sexual expression if any, so what would happen when Iskra turned into a man? Could Rivers turn into a woman, or would he be stuck as a man ... or worse, a bear. Actually, he'd rather not go there.

Having completely missed the small stature of the old woman his sense of smell told him his food was coming before he ever saw her. The tray containing his meal appeared to be floating across the ground as the woman held it above her head, and three large platter like plates dropped in front of them, full of hearty meat and potatoes. After seeing the look on Iskra's face and the way she'd just swiped the other's meal, Lethe wasted no time digging into his. He actually had leaned over his food and was using his shoulder to block off any sudden charge Iskra made for his surplus of food.

The barbarian tore through his food with surprising speed, honed in on the decadent feast and savoring each warm bite he took. As he cleared the first plate in under a minute flat, he couldn't help but notice the incubus. for some reason he didn't feel right about Rivers having all his food taken. Gah, why did he care?

In an act that's consideration was betrayed by the apathy Lethe performed it in, he transferred the second steak to his third plate, leaving only the potatoes and carrots on the second plate, and he slid it across the table in front of Rivers.

Lethe said nothing, and tore into the remaining two steaks.

EXP: 447
PWC: 447
Other: +1 TEXP (July 22, earned 250 exp)
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Intermission Update
EXP: 1,821
PWC: 1,821
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:12 pm

The woman thoroughly enjoyed her feast of fish, even though she didn't look at it, and one might have guessed that she didn't taste it at all with the way that she simply inhaled the gourmet dish like a snake on fast-forward.

It was fairly normal for the woman. In fact, it was slower than she might have eaten in her true form, but it was with the same sort of intent.

The incubus's golden eyes teared up almost comically. "...for me?"

Iskra paused mid-reach with her fork.

"I... could never thank you enough, sir... Well, I could. I probably will tonight but..." He carefully sliced a piece of the steak with a knife and chewed. His eyes turned up in the middle and his cheeks drew up with his giant grin. "...it's delicious!"

Iskra frowned. Well, that was awfully kind of Lethe. For a moment, she considered simply raiding the plates of the more slower-eating barbarian company before it occurred to her on a sapient level that she could just order another steak.

"Hey, little woman! Give me one of those steaks! None of those weird white lumps with it, though."

[ EXP: 220 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:52 pm

Making the incubus happy was never the intention of Lethe even if it had been a side effect of it. Most of his reasoning, even if it was flawed, was to show Rivers that Lethe accepted him as a member of the much larger group. Since this demon (or whatever he was) was working under Iskra and was for all intents and purposes going to be a part of the greater triumvirate in the future, Lethe felt it best to at least make Rivers feel welcome. If nothing else it would hopefully create an environment where the incubus could feel most comfortable which would lead to him performing at optimal levels.

It was a rather mechanical way to look at things but being a leader of men such as he was, efficiency was one of the most heralded traits he could see in someone. Even if Lethe didn't necessarily like someone he was with, if that person was useful and efficient in how they carried out their orders or made themselves useful then they would be on the chieftain's good side.

Out of the corner of his eye Lethe watched Rivers eat before returning to his meal. Iskra had ordered some of her own meat, as anticipated, and it only took Lethe a few minutes to finish off the last two steaks he had on his plate. It was a heaping serving of food but it was satisfying and made him feel more energetic. He wasn't like most people in that a lot of people felt sleepy after a big meal, but such a thing simply made him feel even better.

With three plates of food put down, the warrior stacked his plates and slid them to the middle of the table, leaning back and propping his feet up on the table. To his right his men sat, eating their meals at a quick (although much slower than Lethe) pace.

EXP: 337
PWC: 337
Other: +1 TEXP (July 23, earned 250 exp)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:06 am

When Iskra finished, it was with a hostile and tense air about her that gradually melted away as the fullness of her belly registered with her brain.

The small woman came back with a hefty bill.

"What you trade me for food? Quick quick quick, you pay!"

Iskra slowly reached for her purse. Her actions were very deliberate and unhurried. She didn't want to frighten the little woman away or mistakenly think that she was planning to attack as she carefully removed her chained blades and sat them on the table.

Her slowness dissolved as she upended the bag over the little old woman's head. Stuff poured out, more stuff than a purse that size could reasonably expect to hold. It tumbled out until it made a pile bigger than the woman herself.

A small mushroom, the final item that the bag coughed up, bounced off of the top of the chaotic mess.

"Keep the change," the matriarch grumbled, yawning. "This is a tavern, right? We'll just show ourselves to the rooms."

And the demon stood up, following the general scent of fresh sheets up the stairs without another word to anyone.

The incubus blinked. "Bedtime? Already?" He thought for a moment before a blush came over his cheeks. "I LOVE bedtime!"

And he pranced up the stairs.

[ EXP: 257 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:58 pm

So inefficient. It didn't matter how many times Lethe saw the way people exchanged for things, the only thing that ever came to mind was inefficient. The value associated to certain items was about as subjective as anything he could think of. What had a great value to one person may be worthless to another and in situations where you may been trading for vital equipment or supplies stumbling across someone that finds your good worthless is a situation a lot of people would find themselves in in his experience. There had to be a better way in his mind. If he ever had a grand foot hold of power in the world and had influence over a large amount of people, he had the personal idea of implementing some sort of standard currency. He had always thought that melted down precious metals would serve a good purpose here, specifically things like gold and silver. Then you could attach a price on items using those, and everything would have a standard.

Then again efficiency didn't seem to be a rule that this world lived on, and it was something that Lethe never was much a fan of. But, the wonderful dinner they had was paid for and now it was time to resign for the night. The aches and pains of the tall warriors body cried out for rest, and even though he wouldn't show it to his men he was yearning for sleep. Lethe gave a gracious nod to the woman in silent thanks for their meal and followed Iskra in her ascension up the stairs.

As they reached the top there was a long hallway with multiple doors. There was plenty of room for them all, to be sure, but where did he person go. "So, who sleeps where?" Lethe asked plainly, eyeballing the assortment of doors and company he wa with.

EXP: 345
PWC: 345
Other: +1 TEXP (July 25th, earned 250 exp)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:18 am

Something about the bear-come-charming-man's manner seemed to put Iskra in an apathetic, drained mood. Either that, or it was the copious amounts of food she'd just consumed.

"Sleep where you will," she grumbled, immediately walking towards her room and not bothering to yank the door closed. She simply collapsed on the bed, where her body churned back to its hyena state. Once upon the bed, she was immediately asleep, though even in sleep an alertness belied her perpetual, subconscious awareness of her surroundings that was inherit in all things that lived in constant danger of pain far away from the softening shelters of civilization.

The incubus had halted at the door, thinking for a moment before finally deciding. "It's settled then!"

He moved into the room simply and crawled into the bed next to the large hyena, snuggling her like a large teddy bear instead of the thousand pound mass of muscle, bristling fur, teeth designed for no other purpose than destroying flesh, and a bite that could crumble bone with force hardly comprehensible. No, he seemed hardly afraid of the demon despite just meeting her.

Iskra snorted once, shortly, but otherwise continued her nap.

[ EXP: 243 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:11 am

There was probably no need to have ever asked anyway. Iskra never did seem to be the type, to him, to plan over such trivial matters. It's not like animals in the wild ever really considered who was supposed to sleep where, from what he ever saw it was just them sleeping wherever they dropped. Lethe couldn't help but eyeball the incubus as he happily skipped after Iskra, falling asleep next to her intimidating feral form as a child would a stuffed animal. Someone like him probably wasn't afraid of her, and even if she did inflict pain on him for interrupting her sleep he'd probably like it.

"You five split the two rooms here." Lethe pointed to the rooms on either side of Iskra's, ordering his men to take night's stay there. "I'll be here if any of you need me - and you better not need me unless it's an emergency. We leave early tomorrow, so get your rest."

Lethe was to take the room at the very end of the hallway. He would keep his door open, as he usually did in these circumstances, because he was a strangely alert to his surroundings even when asleep. A general had to make sacrifices at times, and this was one of them. Lethe was sacrifice personal privacy to ensure the safety of everyone. Mostly his own men since he knew Iskra could handle herself.

Without taking off any of his gear Lethe plopped down on the bed and rolled to his back, placing his hands behind his head below the pillow and drifting to sleep.

EXP: 288
PWC: 288
Other: +1 TEXP (July 26th, 2nd post)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:20 pm

An hour or so had passed since the company retired to bed. Rivers awoke, both amber eyes slowly opening. The room was dark, though the door had been left open. The window revealed only a vista of stars, beneath which the traffic and labors of crickets and frogs provided more than enough noise to cloak the soft, painfully careful sound of his soles meeting the floor. Iskra was vaguely aware that her current bedmate had tipped off of the mattress; even his light weight produced some vibrations that her body, in its constant state of alertness, perceived.

But she ultimately didn't care. He wouldn't run off. She closed her eyes again, her breath resuming its regularity.

Another door was open as well: the door to his target. The incubus looked left, then right to ensure that nobody was there to observe his progress into the room.

Once inside, he didn't get on the mattress as a normal incubus might be expected to. In fact, he didn't even touch the covers that touched the floor.

Instead he knelt down on the wooden ground adjacent the sleeping Lethe, like a child praying before bedtime, and spread his hands forward, concentrating, chanting imperceptibly.

If the spell was successful, the slightest of winds would stir the room, and the barbarian king would find himself in a very realistic dream, one wherein his greatest desires were fulfilled.

[ EXP: 276 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

[ +1 TEXP (5th post) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:36 am

Chirp, chirp, chirp. The sound of chirping birds, albeit unlike any birds he'd ever heard in the forests, and the smell of salty sea water slowly awoke the slumbering senses of the sleeping barbarian king. Ugh, and there was light. Behind close eyelids he could still feel the pressing sun. Additionally, whatever he was smelling on the wind had also given a salty taste to his mouth, and he grunted and rolled over. Lethe only faintly noticed that he was sleeping on what felt like an extremely luxurious bed, and was stopped mid-roll by what he could only assume was another sleeping person.

Slowly opening his eyes, he was met with the sight of a dark, bronzed skin. He would have been startled if it weren't for the fact he was so ... pleasantly surprised. A methodical rising and falling let him know it was indeed human, and judging by the smooth curves of it's form it was definitely female. The woman was sleeping face first into the pillow, but she had pitch black hair and skin he could only describe as perfection.

Where had she come from?

As much as he wanted to admire her naked body he found himself confused, and he rolled the other direction in an attempt to get out of bed - only to be met with yet another sleeping form. In contrast to the other female, this particular woman had much lighter skin, a creamy peach color, and had curly brown hair. For whatever reason he couldn't remember who these women were, but he felt as if he knew them. Suddenly, the hows and ifs of the situation didn't matter to him, and he simply arched his leg out and stepped around her. He looked back for a brief moment, congratulating himself in his mind for having two women of such .... repute in his bed. What in the hell had he done with them last night? Suddenly Lethe found himself very irritating at not being able to remember, though he had a very stupid grin on his face when he attempted to guess.

Not having a care in the world at the fact he was naked, Lethe made his way towards glass double doors that led to a balcony. They were already swung open, and as he walked out on to the balcony he was taken aback at the sight. For what seemed like a half a mile stretched a bustling city, while only slightly father out an immense ocean extended far out past the horizon. That was the mystery source of the salt: the ocean! The ocean breeze came off the beaches and into .... well, where he was at. It was apparent in having this vantage point that he was somewhere that was very tall ... much taller than any other building.

He was drawn to the site of the city. There weren't ruins, and there wasn't desolation and despair among the people. Everyone he saw was moving with purpose, as if they had a love for their life and a purpose to keep going. Everything was clean, and finely crafted. There was no dirt roads, only stone walkways and thick green grass and ample flora. It was, in short, one of the most beautiful things he'd ever seen. That is, of course, until one of his bed mates awoke. "Mmm, Lord Lethe, come back to bed?"

The barbarian kind reeled around only to be met with the sight of a completely naked woman. It seemed that caramel skinned one had been awoken by him, and was now sitting up on the bed without a sheet upon her. The fairer skinned on, while awake, hadn't moved much and simply looked at him greedily with hungry eyes. The dark skinned one, breasts the size of ripe melons, crawled across the bed towards him. "Lord Lethe?" He didn't have an answer, exactly, but his legs were taking him towards her without him even telling them to.

But wait, what did she just call him?

As the bronzed one pulled him down on the bed, suddenly he didn't care.

EXP: 741
PWC: 741
Other: +1 TEXP (July 27th, 2nd thread)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:25 am

A bead of sweat rolled down from the incubus's eyebrow, rolling past his closed eyes on towards his chin before it fell towards the floor, the salty drop splattering in a puddle created by its predecessors. Drip. Drip. Drip. He kept his heavy breaths silent, bearing the burden of the dream like a mute oxen pulling a plow. The blood rushed through his body, hot and alive, and in this moment he felt purpose.

Rather, though his muscles knotted and swelled as though pulling an invisible burden and his breathing came heavy and hot, he was being replenished.

He had lied to Lethe when explaining his origins.

It was how he lied to every human, lest they judge him for his hellspawned blood.

There once was a demon of dark and devilish desire who killed a pair of kami shortly after the dawn. These kami had an adult daughter who, responding to the strong bonds of blood and caring between her kind, grieved for her fallen parents for weeks and weeks on end. That daughter departed for Terra, and upon landing went on a rampage of interrogations and killings until she confronted the demon in her grief.

And so powerful was her grief that her mind was laid open like a book.

She bore him the child, Run. A child who became a man who cared for his mother and wished to use his inheritly wicked powers for good.

Pleasure wasn't evil, he'd decided long ago. It felt good physically to feed off of it as he was feeding off of Lethe's. It felt good spiritually to know he was letting the kind barbarian see a world wherein all of his desires came true, if only for a fleeting moment...

...fleeting because the hybrid sensed the sun coming up.

It wasn't any light or any sound that let him know that the daybreak would soon come. Rather, the kind of demon that fathered him worked best in the nighttime, and his instincts gave him far-in-advance warning when the great shining sphere would begin its travel across the sky.

The dream was coming to a head anyways, the point of greatest intensity, and too much pleasure often manifest as pain. The session had been long enough. He gently, gently let the lord back down from the vision until he would be safely back in the blackness behind his eyelids.

And with catlike tread, he stood and departed the room.

The light of day found the incubus back in his originally designated room, hugging the form of his master.

[ EXP: 483 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:07 pm

It's funny how when one is experiencing a dream, the line between reality and fantasy because immeasurably skewed. Where certain actions or things appearing out of place would cause you to stop and question your surroundings in the real world, in a dream none of it seemed to really matter. Sure, there may be a fleeting thought as to how you actually got to where you were, or who the people were around you, or why a person you faintly saw was moving so strangely, but inevitably your brain would simple overlook it and continue throughout the dream world. It was almost as if you didn't want to wake, as if unconsciously you wanted to remain in a domain where everything you could ever want had come true and you dreaded the thought of being pulled from it's comforting bounds.

Sure, there were many times ... albeit faint .... that there things were out of place or perhaps acted strangely when Lethe had looked out from the balcony at the city below, but somewhere between being pulled down on the bed and having two naked woman grinding upon his body caused those thoughts of logic to be as fleeting as Jack from a battle. They had an angelic touch and even better tongues. If there was a heaven, Lethe was sure he was in it.

Suddenly, the doors to the bedroom swung open.

Where he had once been greedily enjoying sins of the flesh he now stood fully clothed, dressed in armor he could only faintly identify as dragon scale, being led down the estate hall by someone he could only assume was an adviser. He had never had an adviser back in Dagan, but he'd never before seen such a old man move with such vigor (the adviser, that is). The many had a neatly trimmed white bear, thick glasses, and was dressed in a dark puple and gold tunic, which were the same colors as the war banners he'd placed in forests with Iskra. Interesting. He spoke with a smooth dialect, much easier to understand than the rough ones of the Nogatii, "Beautiful day, isn't it mi'lord?" He had a cheery demeanor, and was rummaging through a series of papers he had in his hand, "Matriarch Iskra wanted me to remind you there's a Triumvirate meeting this afternoon. Big plans on the horizon ... though it's not my place to speculate, of course!"

Lethe was unsure how to respond. Even though what the man was saying to him was inherently foreign, it all seemed so familiar. The barbarian king (perhaps being called a barbarian wouldn't be appropriate at this point) simply nodded in acknowledgement. He didn't ask who the third member was, since a triumvirate was three, because in the back of his mind he already knew.

Before he knew it they were upon the front doors of the estate. They were much larger than he was (which was strange), and before they could push them open they opened by themselves by two guards on the other side. Bright light showered them from outside as it was a very clear day. A stone walkway, lined with lush gardening, led to the bustling city below. As Lethe and his advisor passed through the arch way of the estate, the guards that were no doubt stationed here all saluted him, "General!"

What did they just call him?

Before Lethe could think upon it any further, it suddenly got ... very bright. Slowly, everything began to fade as if he was slipping out of consciousness. Was he sick?

What would be a couple hours later, but would feel like a couple minutes, Lethe's eyes would open. It was morning, and he had fallen into a deep sleep. It was all a dream? How disappointing.

EXP: 708
PWC: 708
Other: +1 TEXP (July 28th, earned 250 exp)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Iskra awoke with a stretch and a yawn that would put the fear of the gods into any sane mortal or spirit.

She scratched behind her ear with one hind leg before hopping off of the bed, her nose curiously to the ground.

Her pet had awoken last night and gone somewhere. She figured his path would tell his story.

Her nose lead her out of the room, around the corner, and right into Lethe's room, where the smell picked up perceptibly. Yes, it was the smell of... incubus sweat. A pleasant scent, really. She sniffed the spot for a few moments before lifting her head and sniffing something in the room.

Perplexed by the familiar peculiarity in Lethe's scent, she poked her nose towards a spot in his sheets and took a few deep breaths, exhaling quickly and inhaling audibly. Sniff. Sniff. Sniff. Whatever it was, she didn't really lift her head from the spot for awhile.

A story was beginning to come together in her head. "What did you dream about last night?" she asked without so much as a "good morning".

[ EXP: 209 || +1 TEXP (5th post) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:43 pm

At first Lethe didn't respond, he simply laid there and rubbed his eyes, recounting the events in his dream and asking himself several times over if it had all really been just a dream. The answer was obvious, of course, but he was no less disappointed each time he came back to that conclusion. It was certainly one of the most vivid dreams he'd had in recent memory.

And then there was Iskra, digging her nose around in places it really didn't belong. She was an animal, though, she he couldn't blame her too much. Instead of pushing her away or anything of that sort, Lethe rolled out of bed and propped up to his feet. His mind was still a little foggy from it all ... that always seemed to be an unintended side effect of intense dreams at night, or at least for him. As for her question, he wasn't exactly sure where to start. "Probably better to ask what I didn't dream about." he began, uncertainty in his voice, "I think it was ... the future? Maybe what I want to happen? We had conquered Mare Maries, I know that much. I was .... General, perhaps governor there? The city was full of life, built up by expert craftsmanship ... no doubt your workers. It was all ... surreal."

The barbarian sighed, "Everything I've ever wanted, I suppose. How about yourself? Did you sleep well with that thing so close to you?"

EXP: 268
PWC: 268
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:28 am

Iskra stared him in the eyes for a few moments. Her expression was perfectly neutral.

She turned, sniffing the ground once more briefly before continuing out of the room with a side comment of, "He was in here the entire time, right there next to your bed. He's going to have a hard time waking up. It's bad."

Her voice was heavy with annoyance. Once outside of the door, she shifted up to her human form without even breaking her stride.

True to her predictions, the dream-invoking man still lay on the bed, his mask covering most of what would have been an innocently sleeping face.

The spirit calmly opened the window curtains. The incubus slept on. She opened the window, allowing birdsong to fill the room. The incubus slept on. She grabbed the bottom of the bed and flipped it, accurately sending the incubus soaring out of the window.

Run's cries could be heard as he fell a full story to the ground.

Iskra poked her head out of the broken glass. "Wake up!"

Having finished that, she walked back out into the hallway, shouting, "Lethe! Get your men awake. It's time to go."

[ EXP: 228 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:58 pm

For some reason Iskra didn't seem overly interested in the dream he'd had, which was confusing considering she'd asked about it. Her agitation level had increased as well, and he felt the need to ask her about it until she mentioned that the incubi had been in his room all night.

In his room.

All night.

Suddenly Lethe felt very violated, and he couldn't help but have a quick run over of his body with his hands. That thing hadn't touched him, had he? He hadn't ... done anything to him, did he? All of these were questions that raced through the barbarian's mind initially, but it hadn't even dawned on him that the dream was a result of their new companion's abilities. Had he realized that he probably wouldn't have felt so dirty about the whole situation, since in truth the dream he'd just had was about the best thing he'd had happen in the past several weeks.

But, there was no sense dwelling on it. Lethe was already dressed so he didn't have to waste any time doing that, and following the directions of Iskra to a "T" he rounded up his men from their rooms and led them downstairs.

EXP: 223
PWC: 223
Other: +1 TEXP (July 28th, 2nd thread)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Downstairs, the little, short woman seemed to still be buried under the pile of loot from the night previous.

The hyena spirit didn't really care to check on her, but she advertised her alive condition by a short shout of "Come again!"

Of course, there was one thing that required immediate attention outside, and that was her pet.

For all intents and purposes, he was fine, though he moaned and cried out about the pain of the fall and the cruelty of Iskra for waking him in such a manner and how incubi needed their beauty sleep. The latter phrase inadvertently revealed his demon heritage and that he'd been lying, but the leader of the group didn't really care.

She pulled him to his feet as though gravity had no more bearing on him than a feather. "Come on. I know you were up all night in Lethe's room."

Her voice was loud and poor-natured, and she didn't care who heard, even the company of men that Lethe led. "Maybe next time you'll ask permission before you do such things. Come on. We've got a lot of ground to cover."

[ EXP: 214 ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:13 am

As soon as Iskra had made her way downstairs Lethe and his men were already assembled and ready to leave. Since they were, for the most part, men of a lesser part of society they didn't exactly travel heavy, and as such didn't require an overly large amount of time to prepare themselves to move out. In fact they had prided themselves back in the village for being prepared and ready to fight in under a minute flat. Not that something like that was much of an accomplishment since they didn't wear any heavy armor or use weapons that took any time to prepare. They had been informed during preparation however, and this was giving them plenty of foresight, that Lethe had big plans for them all. New armor, weapons, and specific training. The ways of the barbarian wouldn't exactly be favorable to the grand plans Iskra and himself had laid out.

That was neither here nor there since it was so far away, and they had more to worry about with the bad mood Iskra seemed to be. Lethe big the woman adieu as Iskra stormed hurriedly by, and he and his men followed outside. That would probably be an action he'd regret, however, when she inexplicable implicated him and Rivers over the night before. The assertion drew a bevy of jokes and laughs from his men, so much so that Lethe had no real way to counter it.

"He was what!?"

It all made sense now. He was responsible for the dream.

EXP: 277
PWC: 277
Other: +1 TEXP July 30th, earned 250 exp)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:47 pm

The incubus, cover blown, blushed a vibrant shade beneath his concealing mask.

"Well, umm... Lethe, sir, you see..." The lone, amber eyes fell towards the ground, afraid to make contact with the steely amber gaze of the barbarian. "I just wanted to... pay you back for being so kind to me. I didn't mean any harm by it. Please forgive me... it's in my nature."

Iskra found her foul mood lifted slightly by the circumstances. It was amusing, the way Lethe seemed so disconcerted by the fact that her pet had spent the entire night in his room. "Is it really that big of a deal? He was on his knees and working hard all night to please you as incubi do." She walked over and petted the horned man on his head, as though to reassure him that there was nothing wrong in what he'd done. "I wouldn't ask anyone to act outside of their nature. After all, I wouldn't want the same to be asked of me. Pleasure is in both of your natures. Embrace it."

And with that surprisingly philosophical statement, she began to walk off with the assumption that the two men and the barbarians would follow.

[ EXP: 222 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
Lydeck

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:56 pm

Lethe suddenly felt dirty. Very dirty.

If it wasn't for the fact that Rivers was an incubus and not a succubus he probably wouldn't have been quite as dismayed by the revelation. Part of him knew that Rivers didn't actually do anything sexual to him, as evidenced by the extremely pleasing and out of the ordinary dream he'd had the night before, but just the notion of it all was enough to disturb him. Add in the fact that he was being accompanied by five of his soldiers and that created a rather troubling cocktail for the barbarian king (no pun intended).

Even after Iskra gave her philosophical view of things, Lethe's men were still chuckling to each other. Piercing amber eyes shot back at them with a stare that would have dropped them if looks could kill. They knew to leave well enough alone since the one they were making fun of tended to not be very forgiving when put into a rage, and after several audible throat clearings Lethe's men had fallen back to attention.

Meanwhile, Lethe just shook his head. This wasn't the way he had been planning on starting his morning, least of all having to kill his men if they would've kept up.

"Right." He finally responded coolly, starting off in her direction "So, where are we going to set off to now?"

EXP: 265
PWC: 265
Other: +1 TEXP (July 31st, earned 250 exp)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moods of Blue IV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moods of Blue IV   Moods of Blue IV Empty

Back to top Go down

Moods of Blue IV
Page 1 of 1