Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Before You Head Out (B)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 56
Location : California

PostSubject: Before You Head Out (B)   Fri May 18, 2012 10:34 pm

It would be a pretty nice day outside with the sun high in the noon sky and few clouds if any wafting about the celestial bodies that hung inside the sapphire blanket of the sky. Within the emerald fields that stretched along the land outside of the village, Battouasi would currently be training with his sword and honing his skills. Sweat would glisten off of his body as the individual strands of his white hair would press against his face and the mask that covered the bottom portion of his face. His garbs would consist of white loose fitting pants, a black sash and two sheathes at his waist. One blade would be stabbed into the ground as the other would be in his hand. His body would turn and follow his sword as he performed a ‘dance’ of slashes and thrusts, moving fluidly through the softly flowing grasses. The many stepped movements end with a horizontal turning crescent slash that extends his body forwards. With a deep exhale, Battousai lifts up and brings his blade vertically up so that the broad edge rests against his forehead. With his head down and his eyes closed, Battousai discharges his channeled ki and his body loosens and relaxes before he lowers the blade and stands casual. His head turns to the side as he speaks, “yes, Kautuka?”

255 / 255

-----------------
"I am the Solution."
Jyn'rai Keirosuki [Techs] - Domen'Yun [Techs] - Asei Jyn [Techs]


Last edited by aѕceпxion on Sat May 26, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 19
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Before You Head Out (B)   Fri May 18, 2012 10:51 pm

After leaving my lord's residence, I set his servants to preparing for his departure. I also spent most of the hour since then preparing new marching orders for the Operative Network. As one who oversees development projects as well, Mirage is given her orders to liaise with the Guilds in order to begin working on devising a currency system. I was in no mood to delay on matters. I wanted them already thinking on their own without outside influences and inputs. I am curious to see what they will come up with before we introduce Theden's methods to them. Having finished that, I turn my energy to a brief period of meditation simply to calm my spirit and try to focus on something positive.

Once that is complete, Mirage tells me that one of the messengers from the main house delivers word that preparations have been made and that Battousai's bath is ready as he has been training since I left. I nod to her and leave swiftly.

Within a minute or two, I would arrive in a crouched position within my lord's sensing range. "Preparations are complete, your Will has been set to task, and your servants have prepared a bath for you before we leave for Theden."

EXP: 235

-----------------
"I Will Strike First and I Will Strike Last. Order calls for your neutralization."
Kautuka - Mystic Hybrid | The Art of War
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 56
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Before You Head Out (B)   Fri May 18, 2012 11:07 pm

“We…?” Oh yeah, about that… During his training, as sometimes happens, Battousai had obtained an epiphany on something he wanted to do. Aside from that, he knew that Kautuka worked the most efficiently when alone, so Battouasi would comment, “thank you for that. I think I’m going to have you go to Theden alone in my stead.” Turning around to face Kautuka, Battousai would speak, “there are some things that I wish to complete here, so I feel that it might be best if we were to work alone for this time period.” Deciding to venture an idea, Battousai would speak, “I’ve been thinking of creating a puppet figure head to serve in some aspect at for our alliance, primarily someone to watch over the land we abandoned in Medius. I was thinking maybe an elder in some function that may be a softer and more visible alternative to me… that can be there when we’re not to lead as ‘village leader’ under our guidance.” Battouasi hadn’t put too much thought into it, but he would at least see what Kautuka would say about such a thing as they leading the village from the shadows

216 / 471

-----------------
"I am the Solution."
Jyn'rai Keirosuki [Techs] - Domen'Yun [Techs] - Asei Jyn [Techs]
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 19
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Before You Head Out (B)   Fri May 18, 2012 11:33 pm

So I would be traveling alone on this venture? That was fine with me. When he mentions his plans, I pause for a moment as I consider the consequences of such. It does not take me long to find displeasure with the concept. Taking a fairly deep breath, I would answer him, "My lord, I would advise against placing anyone, figurehead or not, in a position that may question who is truly in command. Selecting and appointing a minister of sorts who would advise you from this softer point of view as well as act as Steward of your domain when matters take you away from the Jun'Jo Territories. They could even be given a sort of governorship over Fort Do to show their position, but it is my opinion, Battousai, that no one ever be allowed to think that you are not our highest leader. We respect and follow you, my lord. A figurehead who tastes power could one day be manipulated by ambitious or chaotic forces into believing that they actually wield power. In my absences, Mirage steps in to oversee the Network and issues orders to the operatives, but there is never a question about who truly leads the Network, thus there is never confusion about the chain of command." This turned out to be a topic that I am unexpectedly passionate about it would seem. I do not reference our former lands as they are too distant from Jun'Jo to be of true benefit in my opinion. Until mass, long distance teleportation is possible again, the Mansion and surrounding lands would be too difficult to defend. It also places my lord's interests far too close to the Core and the threats therein without having ample time to fully build our forces.

EXP: 329

-----------------
"I Will Strike First and I Will Strike Last. Order calls for your neutralization."
Kautuka - Mystic Hybrid | The Art of War
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 56
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Before You Head Out (B)   Sun May 20, 2012 11:48 am

The passion would be noted by Battousai and he would understand Kautuka’s words, but he would clarify, “I never meant for Jun’Jo and the domains here, but the mansion we’ve yet to return to in Northern Medius.” It had been the first place they lived together with Yuki, Lightning and Dravec before eventually conquering the area that they were in now. He continues, “but the sentiments of your words make sense. It was simply a thought, not an initiative that I wish to run, but I would seek for you to sent operatives to assure that the mansion area is still okay…” After thinking about it some, Battousai would correct, “or perhaps it would be better to send Jyn, since the people there are more familiar with him. But that would involve me having to call Jyneil back.” Remembering that he left something out with Kautuka, he would advise, “oh, I found a way to separate myself from the others once again without the constant strain on my body.”

191 / 662

-----------------
"I am the Solution."
Jyn'rai Keirosuki [Techs] - Domen'Yun [Techs] - Asei Jyn [Techs]
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 19
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Before You Head Out (B)   Wed May 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Ahh, so it was seemingly more of a sentimental attachment than strategic positioning. Since this seems to be something that he actually desires, I begin to contemplate what true use we could establish for that location. To be honest, I keep drawing a blank until I start thinking of it being able to serve as a sort of research facility. It is large enough to allow for basic experimentation and projects. Also, given the size of the grounds, expansion would not be difficult at all. Still, if a problem arose there, it would take too much time to get a response unit there... unless we utilized the mansion as a sort of starting point for its research, development, and implementation. In thinking about this, I realize something even more interesting and promising. I find a different use for the location that could be most beneficial to my lord and would not necessarily require us to worry about sending troops to protect it. "Lord Battousai, what purpose do you want the mansion to serve? Given its distance from your headquarters and the apparent capital of your territory, it would be difficult to defend. As such, the two uses that I have figured now would be to serve as a research and development facility with a militia detachment there to protect them. Or... given its proximity to the Core and distance from any major or established territories, we could use it as a sort of boot camp or training grounds for your military force. Just a thought to consider while I am in Theden." I would fall silent and wait to hear his response or be dismissed to see to gather intel about Theden's currency system.

EXP: 326
TEXP: 1 (250 words)

-----------------
"I Will Strike First and I Will Strike Last. Order calls for your neutralization."
Kautuka - Mystic Hybrid | The Art of War
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 56
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Before You Head Out (B)   Wed May 23, 2012 8:37 pm

After understanding what Kautuka was asking and suggesting Battousai would have to internally ponder his answer to that question. He hadn’t thought much about what he wanted to do with the land other than to keep an eye on it. Since Jyn had been given people from that one clan of people that they had not kept in contact with, Battousai felt that he should at least check on the status of the area. Hearing Kautuka’s suggestions added a secondary purpose to actually building up the area where Battousai might not have been thinking about doing such a thing. But still, “…there’s no reason that place cannot perform both functions” Battousai would speak. He would continue, “as you recall, it has an underground area; a research facility could be expanded there with the military training camp serving above ground. But for that, the mansion would have to be repurposed…” He would trust in Kautuka and speak, “but I will leave that to our next meeting. For now go to Theden and return here with that objective completed and from there we will move on.”

213 / 875

-----------------
"I am the Solution."
Jyn'rai Keirosuki [Techs] - Domen'Yun [Techs] - Asei Jyn [Techs]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Before You Head Out (B)   

Back to top Go down
 
Before You Head Out (B)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Random little stories that pop in my head at random moments
» NWN 1 Veteran pokes head thro doorway to say hello
» HEAD CANON!
» A Head on a Pike at the Edge of Cormanthor Crossroads
» (7/22) OWL&NEWT Bubble-Head Charm: Class 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shintheory Role-Playing :: DOR :: Roleplaying Board :: Terra Regnum :: Jun'Jo-
Jump to: