Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gauntlet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

Rep! : 26

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:19 pm

The Gauntlet Jonah
::RP::

There were many qustionable things that Jack had done in the time that they had been allies, but above them all. This was the most ridiculous. Jack had been getting worse as of late, losing control of his emotions and becoming far more easier to predict. It wasn't good for them. But the worst of it seemed to come in this girl. Jonah had seen her go from a captured slave to what you'd think of as Jack's practical queen. So when Jack had left a message that he was heading off to his death, practical suicide in fighting the glutton. He hadn't been surprised at all that he'd left the majority of things to this girl. A kami of all things. Of course it was based upon the condition that she could pass a gauntlet. Proving she was capable of survival in the harsh wastes of Barathrum Regnum. Proving that she could stand among demons and be counted as just as strong as them. Its what it took to be a leader. jonah knew this. He had assassinated the previous leader of fear himself. His intellect and cold ruthlessness had got him in control of his clan. Jack's power made him subservant. But over time. He'd grown a mild respect for the pride demon. And if this was his request. Jonah needed to carry it out regardless of his feelings on the matter.

When he'd told his wife, the leader of sloth about this. She hadn't been too happy. Although the majority of that came in the fact that Jonah was going to be for awhile alone with a beautiful woman who wasn't her. Didn't much matter though. Jonah for a demon. Was completely loyal to his marriage vows. It seemed to have been a source of respect from Jack to him, that Jonah had managed to keep up his pride in his marriage.His eyes moved over to Sera, may as well fill her in on the specifics.

" Your going to be out here for several days, facing it all alone. I can't help you in anyway at all. When the fifth day comes, you are going to have to try and find your way to the Seat of Pride, again...we can't help you with this your going to have to find your way on your own, force the information out a demon...or wander aimlessly...either way".

Jonah shrugged. That was the easy part, the hard part was surviving the journey and the five days preluding to it. He felt though like he should give her due warning on a few things. " Oh yes and, keep your eyes on the skies, theres rumours that a dragons found its way into Barathrum Regnum...its been eating people at an astonishing rate...so...watch out". He stopped in his tracks. " Well this is where we split...last thing, Jack left you this, so you do your damndest to succeed...I won't have him be coming home to a corpse". He stared her down. " And he will return...Anything else to ask before I go? ".

EXP: 538

Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%

Attributes

Strength: Average
Intelligence:Average
Defense: Average
Aegis: Average
Movement: Average
Dexterity: Average

[/quote]

Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

Rep! : 49

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 12:17 pm

.content

She looked around the area and its bleak and barren soil. The question of food and water was irrelevent since in spiritual forms, both Kami and Oni could survive forever without either. She would have to spend five days here with a dragon wandering the area. She looked to Jonah and that pride that was slowly coming back with the regaining of her memories flared. "I will survive this and return. I made sure to train. But Jonah. Jack is dead. I can feel it. There is an emptiness in my heart where he once was. Something tells me he is dead. While traveling the earth, I felt him die. I felt him torn from me." She sucked in a breath almost close to sobbing. But she had to be strong. A Kami lost in the wilderness of the bowels of hell had little chance. But she would do it for Jack. Determination set upon her features as she looked at the man one last time. "At least if I die, you wont have to worry about it anymore. A Kami in charge." She shook her head still in disbelief as she tried for a dry sense of humor. "But I will return. I know I will. Thank you Jonah."

With that last comment she looked ahead of her and began to walk towards the forested area in search of shelter. That would be the first order of business. A fortified place to keep her safe. This would be where she would wandered for some time through the forests until she came to the end of the forest and looked out upon the open plains. Very little place to hide out here. But there were large rock structures she could find solace in. And she could always shift in a bird to get away. It had worked so many times before. Survival was key. She had both of her weapons on her and her wits about her. It was time to find a place. One of the rock formations would be best since she would be able to see what was coming for miles. With that she set out across the plains.

Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 3:35 am

Jonah listened to her words but they seemed to bounce off the lord of fear as if they were nothing. His eyes thinned as he looked at Sera. Almost a glare. Before she left he would have parting words for the Kami female. “ I’m the demon Lord of Fear, I’m able to smell your fear and feed off of it...And you stink of it....You claim Jack is dead, and he might well could be, certainly wouldn’t be the first time...but Jack doesn’t stay in the grave girl....that man is impossible to put down....but then you shouldn’t concern yourself with that...you’ve got more divine company to keep you...[Spying]”. Jonah at this point was of course indicating that he already knew about Sera and Noah. The clan of fear were known in the demonic circles as Jack’s spies, trackers. Jonah of course, the spy master. It only made sense that he kept tabs on Jack’s lover. Now there would be an additional worry on Sera’s shoulders. Jonah and what he knew about Noah. Just how much did Jonah know? But before Any queries could be made, the man was gone. Heading off into the wasteland. What would meet Sera in front of he now was blankness. The red hot acrid air of hell would be harsh on her soft delicate skin.

Now that she was alone there was a howl in the distance. She was alone now and now with a demon, not with Jack. Unprotected. The gauntlet had begun. Food and water were going to be problematic. If only because the only food in this place was in fact the demons who inhabited it. If she ate to keep her strength then she was going to be taking more of the demonic ichor into her blood. Would she be strong enough to survive this? The howl in the distance was cut short, there were sounds of bestial screams, and then a distant roar. Watch the skies he had said.

EXP:357
PWC:323 ( LoM)
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:58 am

So Jonas had been spying. No matter. She had proved one thing out there with Noah. Her heart and soul had died when Jack had passed. Yes she felt the a tenderness to Noah, but that was a friend feels for a another one. It had been proven in the kiss she had shared with Noah, while walking down the road. Not to mention it had done the thing she had wanted it to do. Drive away the spirit of Prometheus. But Jonah was probably running on assumptions. Let him. She was still true to Jack, and even though there was a good possibility of his death, she was still his and his alone.

Now if Jonah had been any sort of spy master, then he would have noticed how Sera had been pumping Noah for information on his village, his army, and his plans. Something any spy would be doing. This would help her continue where Jack left off. If Noah was not called into aide Theden, then they stood a good chance at destroying it with little resistance. If Noah entered into the battle, it would be much, much harder to accomplish the goal Jack had of wiping out the village. Since Sera was trusted and known by these people, it was easier for her get information out of them. But had Jonah bothered to ask, no. But then again he was a Demon. Let him believe what he wanted. She knew she was still true. Why else would she have returned.

The roar overhead had her glancing up to the skies as she began to run for the large outcropping of rock in the middle of this wasteland. Perhaps it was the dragon, and she knew that her spirit form was like a beacon for demons anyway. A kami in hell was just looking for death, so she continued to sprint for the rocks, hoping to find shelter there and a place to defend herself. Let the dragon eat the rest of the demons in this heaven forsaken place. She just had to survive.

If she made it to the rocks, she would find a portion of the rocks were shaped as an overhang that she could use to hide from the things in the skies. Now there was a question, would the seven judgments work here or would it only attract more attention. Dashing for the overhang she waited to see what was coming. This set of rocks looked easy enough to climb if she had to get up and away from ground things. It was hot and sweat poured off her soft skin. Everything seemed to be going against her. As she sunk down against the rocks, she allowed herself to cry those tears of blood. She spoke to no one but herself, "Why did you do that Jack? Why did you leave me alone? My heart aches from your loss and your spymaster understands little. I promised myself to you and only you. I swore my loyalty to you. I will survive this and continue out your plans to wipe out Theden first. From there I don't know what next. But I will think of something." She drew her legs up to her chest and wiped the tears away, her eyes now scanning the land around her, to keep aware of anything coming towards her.

-580-
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:12 am

What happened next was probably a series of events that Sera wouldn’t have seen coming. When Jonah left her he had started his meal on a rather large wolf like demon. Eating whilst flying a dragons version of multitasking. When she seemed to lose hope and speak to herself. Speak to Jack. There was something that called to him. At first he thought that it was the earth speaking to him. As it did at times. But this time was different, there was a burning in his blood and there was a voice in his head. He heard it speak that name that he had attributed to himself. “Jack”. Its what the old man had called him when he had been in that place of pain, before he had embraced his power and broken free. Before he had devoured the man and silenced him forever. The burning in his blood wasn’t the same as it was with the other prey here. The mind that spoke these words was soft, tender. It didn’t belong in this place. Flying above, circling above the clouds, he felt the earth speak that there was a figure below him. Solitary. So he reached out and spoke into her mind. [Dragon Tongue]

” What loss is it that you speak of little one?”

His voice inside her mind would be great and terrible. Jack was not normally one who spoke to his prey, which she was in his mind at the moment, but even before. He was a curious being. He wanted to know why she spoke the name that the old man had called him. Was she praying like the humans had? Did she wish to be eaten? He moved down outside of the cloud cover, landing on the ground with a mighty crash in front of Sera, still speaking through his mind directly into hers. He breathed out a breath that was even more dry and hot than the atmosphere of hell.

” You are not like those down here...you are like the soft ones...”

EXP:361
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:01 pm

The loud voice in her head had her on her knees holding said head in pain. It was giving her a headache. Then that large beast landed right in front of her and all she could do was look up at it huge face and all those teeth. By the graces, she was going to die, be eaten by this monster of a lizard. A dragon, a real dragon. Burning Faith! Her swords might not even penetrate that thick hide and all those spiky scales. She answered him, since that was all she could do. Reaching up she wiped the bloody tears from her cheeks and spoke out loud to the rather large lizard, "I lost my heart, my lover, and my mate. He went off to fight something stronger than himself. His name was Jack, he was the Demon lord of Pride. He was my soul. I have nothing left, it all died with him. I even went to those I once held dear and they were more like soft memories. A shade of grey in a black and white world." She sobbed softly, she did not beg for him to eat or not eat her. She was sobbing out of sorrow and not fear. That might be a new one to the dragon.

"I am not like those here. I am not a demon like my lover was. I am from the high realms, a Kami, I am here to survive a test so that I may lead my heart's army. Continue what he left unfinished. But it looks as if I may not survive." She had covered her face with her hands and had finally pulled them back to glance at him, her cheeks red with bloody tears. "If you kill me, just make it quick. At least, I will be with Jack."

-296-
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:34 pm

The Gauntlet Jack2
The Dragon looked down on her. He could smell her fear from here. She was clerly prey. And more importantly, didn't belong here. Howeveer there was one thing that kept him from gobbling her up there and then. And that was the repeated use of the word Jack.The Dragon who had been labled as Tyrant had been called this before by the old man, and this led him to conclude that this was his name. If this girls lover was called Jack, did she mean it was him? Or was it another creature called Jack? The dragon breathed out its acrid breath once again, its eyes seeming now to stare into space. Deep in thought. He remembered back to the days of the darkness. When one was two. And the screaming. Such things gave him headaches. But he knew that there had been something before that darkness. He just couldn't remember what.

" You use words I am not used to"

That said however, Jack in this state wasn't used to speaking at all. Usually it was just a case of eating and that was that. But he saw that it appeared his Dragons voice, the one that spoke into her was hurting her. And that was not usually good for taste. The dragon would at that stage be obscured by fire and darkness. And a new form would emerge. More humanoid but still draconian. Wrapped in leathes of darkness and black scales. One eye crimson red. The other. An amber yellow. He breathed out and tested his external voice now. " Kami, Demon. Love. These things are foriegn to me. But you use one word that I know. The name of the person you seem to miss. Jack. This word I know".

EXP:313

Health: 150%
Stamina: 200%

Attributes

Strength: Abnormal [+1.0]
Intelligence:Ascended [+2.0]
Defense: Abnormal [+1.0]
Aegis: Abnormal[+1.0]
Movement: Strong [+0.0]
Dexterity: Abnormal [+1.0]

Transformations

Name:Tyrant
Description: Jack enters his dragon form. Standing at the size of a relatively large building, this form is rather imposing and suitable for an Oni of Jack's development. In this form his tough scales protect him from all but the most powerful of attacks.
Effects:
Antipain: 75% Reduction from all physical attacks
Slight: +1 to Int
-Hasten: The transformation between humanoid and dragon is practically instant
-Transmerger: Two transformations into one
-Whirlwind: A whirlwind of dark fire storms around Jack
-Kemo'no: Transforms into dragon

Special Abilities
- Barter [Novice]
- Physical Impression (Passive)

Quest and Saga Abilities

(Quest or Saga Name)
- (List quest and special abilities here)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:18 am

The massive beast was soon covered in flames and darkness much like a being of death should be. Yes she was afraid but at least she was accepting of death. After the flames and darkness disappeared, all that was left was a humanoid with distinct draconic features. She scrambled up from her sitting position and pressed her back against the outcropping of rocks. Her heart began to pound in her chest as she listened to his more human voice. The dragon would have eaten her in one bite. This man might take longer to kill her. She gulped as her heart pounded against the ribs of her chest. Those two different colored eyes were strange and yet familiar. But at the moment her memory failed since the man was standing right in front of her and she was so uncertain what his plans were at the current moment.

Then his words registered and she blinked. As she spoke her voice came out as a bare whisper. "You know Jack? Is he alive? Do you know what happened to him? If he is dead, perhaps you know where his body is. I could perhaps heal it. I have done it before. How do you know Jack?" Her rambling mode was activated as she pulled herself away from the rock, excitement brimming in the air instead of the fear. Then she blinked and cast her eyes downward. "I apologize. Here it is I have not properly introduced myself." Those red eyes glanced up as she allowed her wings to reappear in their full white glory. "I am Seraphina. Sera for short. Jack used to call me his little bird." She tried for a weak smile hoping to get information on her Jack from this man, dragon, demon thing.

-317-
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:35 am

The Gauntlet Jack2
The Dragon looked down on her, unlikely that she would recognise those features as clouded and changed as they were. The time that the dragon couldn’t remember. The time before the dark, he had looked differently. Hair shorter. Less bestial His demonic features not so obvious as they were now.True the draconian blood and heart played a part in his transformation as well as the augmented limb crafted by the blood mage. But it was in reality down to time. Jack had died. He had been in Sheol. The endless pit of darkness. There, time seemed to flow differently. What had only been a week or two in this realm, had seemed like hundreds of years to him. Hundreds of years screaming in the darkness. Memory wiped away along with everything else. The Dragon could still remember that darkness. But not what had came before it. Again there was that name, Jack. The name that the old blood mage had called him. One tinged with a mix of fear and reverence.

The girl in front of him, her mood changed from one of fear, to one of excitement. Elation. She saw hope in that he knew the name. She thought that it was possible that her lover was alive. Or that his body had been seen, that she might heal it. This one had powers that could steal a person from the edge of the darkness? Impressive. The Dragon thought that for that purpose alone he would take her himself. He did not wish to return there. No, never again. Voice strained from screaming. Screaming so much that non existant vocal chords tore within him. Eternal pain, pain simply to prove he existed. He shuddered slightly. The Dragon strangely however did not wish to bring bad news to the girl. But it seemed that was the only way to end her elation, and bring her down to the reality of things.

“ I know the name, I have seen no body”.

He shook his head, and then pressed his own arm, the draconian one swathed in darkness to his forehead. A pain there. A strange pain. “ It was the name, the old one referred to me by. He said it again and again, speaking in riddles of life and death. Of blood and magic...such things hold no relevance to me, but the name I do know...the name appears to be mine”.
EXP:423

Attributes

Transformations

Description: Jack enters his dragon form. Standing at the size of a relatively large building, this form is rather imposing and suitable for an Oni of Jack's development. In this form his tough scales protect him from all but the most powerful of attacks.
Effects:

Special Abilities
- Barter [Novice]

Quest and Saga Abilities

(Quest or Saga Name)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:56 am

She watched him for a moment, unsure, her excitement gone in a brief second of time. Her heart fell and she collapsed to her knees in front of him in the harsh surrounding of the environment. Such a sad thing to see, such a magnificent creature as an angel, brought so low by the loss of her love. The true loss of hope was crushing her far more than this demon could ever understand. For Kami were beings of hope and order. And her whole world as ordered as it was came crashing down around her and her hopes shattered with just those few words. Her arms wrapped around her body as she trembled and sobbed a very quiet, tearless, dry sobs. Her breath coming in harsh gasps as she folded into herself. It took her but a moment to gather herself and look up at him, blood welling in those bright red orbs. She waited to hear the last of his words before actually truly thinking on the subject.

His name was also Jack.But Jack was such a common name, was it common down here though. That she didn't know. But a tiny seed of hope blossomed in her heart. But she guarded it closely like a miser and his money. "You are... Jack? But you do not look like my Jack. My Jack was a blood Mage." Then something hit her an idea and as crazy as it sounded it might just work if this dragon was willing to let her try. "Maybe you and him are the same. Perhaps you just lost your memories. I know I have lost my before. There might be a way to tell if you and my Jack are one in the same. Your blood. Although it might have changed due to your draconic transformation, perhaps there is enough of it the same. I would have to taste your blood to find out. Jack and I use to do that, share blood. Strange as it sounds." Those pools of bloody tears were blinked away as she blushed and looked back down to the ground below her knees.

-364-
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:48 am

The Gauntlet Jack2

As he thought his words left the girl in the bitter embrace of social despair. Perhaps she would be less willing to fight back against him devouring her if she was this placid. Then again, she was emotional and ti was hard to tell with females about just how they’d react when you tried to eat them. (Ha). But then she had another spark of hope, it was a thin one that seemed to confuse him. Just why would she have any remains of hope left? There was nothing to be hopeful about after all. Here she was in the darkest and most horrible of places (bar the eternal dark of course. And she had that shread of hope. It was at this point that she revealed that her lover, this Jack was a blood mage. The man he had eaten was a blood mage. Was it possible that he could have been taken by one, as a sort of professional courtesy?

It wasn’t impossible however it seemed quite unlikely to the dragon that this Jack, the demon as she called him. Could be him as well. It must be a coincidence. He was no one of these fleshy creatures. He was something that ascended high above that. He was a predator. They were the prey. And now this girl suggested a method of telling, to take his blood into herself. It was absurd. To let prey taste his blood. And yet. He was curious to it. For there was one thing that made Jack wonder. He had spells. Some spells that seemed to come as natural to him that involved blood. If he had once been a blood mage then. It was possible. Jack raised his hand. He would not permit this prey to bite him. But he would permit her this small boon.

“ Very well”.

He ran the claw of his augmented arm across the skin of his left arm. Drawing some blood, deep and black. He then pressed the wound. Using his magic over the earth element to create a bowl of stone at his feet. Collecting the blood within. “ Drink”.
EXP:376

Attributes

Transformations

Effects:

Special Abilities
- Barter [Novice]

Quest and Saga Abilities

(Quest or Saga Name)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:46 am

She watched as the man, dragon, demon, person cut his arm and let it drip into an earthen bowl that he created. Sera watched him for a moment longer as she reached out for the bowl. It would have been better to have it from the flesh since that was how they had always done things. Bringing the bowl up to her lips, she tipped it up and let the first drops pass her lips. The taste of that blood, made her eyes dilate as she set the bowl to the scorched earth below her knees. A drop of his blood ran down from the corner of her mouth to the tip of her delicate chin in a small red river. The drop fell from her chin onto the ground and was soaked up greedily by the parched earth.

Her eyes closed as her tongue, red with blood, flicked over her blood red lips, searching for more. The taste itself was so familiar yet different. As the flavor of it registered deep within her, those red eyes flew open to stare up at him. It was her Jack. He was a live, but different. There had been the taste of the dragon along with the taste of Jack. But he did not remember. Her hope bloomed like a flower in the spring time as she leapt to her feet and smiled, in such happiness. "You are one and the same. You are changed though. And you of course do not remember me. We can work on that. I have been in your shoes." Her feet began to move as she paced in front of him thinking. Then she stopped and took a step closer to him. "When I had forgotten everything, we shared blood and it brought back some of my memories. Perhaps you should taste of mine as well. It might actually work."

-316-
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 4:07 pm

The Gauntlet Jack2

To share blood with prey? The idea of it sounded rather ridiculous, she was oging to let him eat her so that he could remember? The girl seemed quite intent on the fct that he was the Jack of which she spoke. Either way it made no difference to him who he had been. He was who he was now. But till if this Jack had been a blood mage then perhaps there lay more secrets to survival in that mind and memory. Perhaps there were mistakes that he made that this one could learn from. Jack wasn't sure about this girl, but he was more than willing to give it a go if it meant a free meel. So this Jack stepped forwards in towards Seraphina. As always he struck an intimidating figure. He would reach out a hand and touch her. Bring her forwards towards him roughly. Perhaps Sera would be able to tell throughout this but Jack was now far more physically powerful than he had been. Jack had always been strong, it was a demon thing. But now that strength had increased greatly, leaving very little that could be contended with.

He drew his face close to hers. At which point she would get a better look at both eyes. And then. With all the speed of a striking viper. He latched onto her neck. Driving his teeth in with little mercy or regret. Blood began to well into his mouth. For now although the bite drew blood. It wouldn't be enough to kill. As he did so, he felt relaxed. Part of him becoming more calm. Thoughtful. And things in this began to drift backwards....

EXP:294

Attributes

Transformations

Effects:

Special Abilities
- Barter [Novice]

Quest and Saga Abilities

(Quest or Saga Name)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 4:29 pm

He stepped closer and her heart was in her throat, beating in fear. He was even more imposing in this form than as Jack. He was more bestial in this form. More like a demon, less civilized, more primitive. She was like a dear in the headlights as he reached for her and pulled her close coming right up to her face. The scent of fear mixing in the air with the scent of.... lust. Yes it was a bit of a turn on to have a powerful man like this wrap one in his arms. But that was short lived as he went directly, with more speed than Jack had ever possessed, for her neck. The bite was more painful than he had ever made it, with sharper teeth digging into the soft flesh of her throat. It was pure animal instinct and for the first time since finding out that he was the same as her Jack that her trust in him wavered.

She was stupid to have thought he wouldn't try to kill her. But then he calmed and more relaxed, but with that size of a bite and in that area, she was bleeding out quickly. Her knees began to shake as she wrapped her arms around him. Her hand snaking up to entwine in his hair. She couldn't talk, his mouth was preventing it.

-229-
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:44 pm

The Gauntlet Jack2

Jack was latched onto her and didn't seem to be letting go, although that was less because he wanted to eat her alive and more because whatever her blood was doing to him seemed to lull him into a state of odd senseless relaxation. It was like a drug. Like a drug.... He thought to himself. An addiction. Why did that in itself sound familiar to him, he didn't remember having any such sort of addiciton, but then perhaps there was a reason one could get one of blood such as this. But then. He hadnt felt the same way when he had devoured those other feathered ones. Perhpas it was that they were male or maybe it was the fact that they had been wearng those metal skins, did those make a difference when it came to taste? Maybe.

Regardless here standing Jack felt almost as if he was floating, it was an odd ensation to say the least, but he became quickly aware of her moving hand. It was almost a mirror reflection of the time he had kidnapped her. Taking her into that deadly embrace and her hand seeking his hair, his head, was it some sort of comfort thing for her? Jack wouldn't know. He wouldn't even remember their first encounter. He drew her in pressing himself to her body. Continuing to drink. Resisting the urge turn turn into his dragon form and devour her whole.

EXP: 259

Attributes

Transformations

Effects:

Special Abilities
- Barter [Novice]

Quest and Saga Abilities

(Quest or Saga Name)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 2:45 pm

As he continued to feed, her body continued to lose a good amount of blood. But at this point, she could not do a single thing to stop him. He pulled her body closer to him and they melded like they were made for each other. This is what happened when one trusted the demonic. You tended to get hurt. So she just let him feed, knowing that he would kill her. He was draining her beyond her ability to think. Her mind was growing fuzzy as her heart struggled to beat. He was crushing her with his strength, and killing her with his kiss. But she just let him.

If this caused him to remember, then it was worth it. At least so she hoped. But it did not matter. If he did not remember, he would have eaten her anyways. As he continued to drink of her life force, her eyes fluttered shut as her heart began to stutter. Her hand flopped from his hair as her body went limp, her knees crumpling while in his embrace. Like a rag doll she lay, letting him kill her if he chose to, no resistance against him. Sera was on the brink of death and soon the world was gone from senses. Her body had just stopped. Her breathing faltered as she struggled to continue to breathe. Darkness was upon her, the endless abyss that she stared into. Faint screams began to echo in her ears as she stared looking into eternity.

-261-
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:04 pm

The Gauntlet Jack2

[[ Bought Memory Unlocker]]

Suddenly in one brief moment it all came back to him. Everything.

Jack stepped back. Grasping his head in pain. This, might have been a bad thing. Amensia among the dead was different for that among the living. One can't speak for all. But Jack's case of it wasn't merely down to the time difference between Sheol and the world of the living. But as a form of protection. One had to rmemeber that due to that time difference Jack had been in that darkness for what seemed like centuries. And now, all that time spent in that dark place. All that pain, traume and torture rushing back to him all at once. It would have been enough to crack a lesser mind. For Jack this was only causing immense pain as every memory slipped back through the cracks, like a rancid sludge pouring into each crevice of his mind leaving nothing unsallied.

Then the darkness passed and returned the memories of eveerything else, the defeat of the Glutton. Sera. Iskra. Everything. When it passed, he stood. Thinking. It was strange. Almost as if looking back through the eyes of another man. He had two sets of memories. One from Jack. One from the one who had been called the man behind the door. When they had died. They had came together. No longer seperate. But one. He still felt, that he was Jack. But not the same Jack that he had been. There was still some of that rancid madness within him. Still some of that all staining pride. And finally now something joined those two in the mix.

Hunger.

Jack's own mind, an expert at magic. In particular. Blood magic. Now raced to these thoughts. He had been tainted by hunger? It only made sense. Once the Court of Madness collapsed there was little holding the Hunger of the Glutton back. But he didn't feel consumed by it. It was a portion of it there, held in check by the two conflicting forces of madness and pride. He existed in an anarchy between them all. A creature of absolute nhilism. He looked to the sky, and began to laugh. It was after this bout of insane laughter that he looked back at Sera and realized just what had happened. He wasn't quick to the mark. The bite hadn't been lethal. And the angel girl was worth more than this. Her pride was worth more than his worry.

Swathed in his darkness he approached her. Looking, a small smirk crossing his face.

" I remember".

EXP:472

Attributes

Transformations

Effects:

Special Abilities
- Barter [Novice]

Quest and Saga Abilities

(Quest or Saga Name)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm

Her body crumpled to the ground after he released her and backed away. Still she was not yet conscious since the bite might not have been lethal, but she had lost a lot of blood. And would be sore and hurting for the next few days. Weakened more than ever, by her own lover. Her eyes were closed as she labored for breath. Her body trying to heal itself, but without much magic she was not going to last long exposed. But if he remembered everything then he would know he could not help her. She was trying to pass the gauntlet. Although he had caused her far more harm than anything else possibly could. In Hell, she was already weakened. But now he had just made matters, much, much worse. Now she was defenseless, and helpless while trying to heal and bring herself around to the land of the wakeful.

It was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. He would risk her rather or hurt her chance at being accepted by this demons. She was dying, but she was close and might still die in these kind of surroundings. A kami in hell was like a beacon, so if she survived it should be because of her own strength. But thanks to him, he had stacked the deck against her and diminished her odds of survival greatly. Her eyes fluttered a bit as she crept closer to the moment of waking.

-258-
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Pennywise

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:26 am

How disappointing.

Admittedly Jack would have probably tried to heal her if at this stage he knew any spells that healed anyone other than himself. At this point he had to admit that his spells were rather selfish as far as that went, Jack’s abilities had always revolved around the destruction of others and at times the healing of himself through blood. But it was only ever himself. He thought about what he was going to do about her. She had to face the gauntlet there was no how or two about it. And yet at the same time he couldn’t just leave her here completely injured and out in the elements. So Jack decided that there was one thing he could do for her that wouldn’t impede her survival challenge. He could at least give her some cover till she had recovered. With that he raised his hand and spoke a few arcane words and earth began to rise up around Sera. It would form into a ball of stone that would look no different from any other ordinary rock out here in the underworld. He shifted the soil beneath the rock, allowing for some space for air to enter. For the most part the rock was a mere empty shell. Sera would be able to destroy it with a strike. It was more camouflage than protection. It would be enough he thought. With that, Jack transformed into his dragon form and took to the skies flying towards the seat of pride full speed ahead.

EXP: 275

Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:24 am

Sera struggled to regain that which was lost, her consciousness. It was no easy task and as she finally opened her eyes about five minutes after Jack had left, she was surprised to see him gone and that she was encased in a shell made of earth. A prison. A cage. Sera went into panic mode for a few moments as she laid there, her heart beating against her chest, she felt enclosed and encased for a moment. Like the walls were getting closer and closer. The ceiling was falling in on her and going to crush her.

Taking a deep breath, Sera closed her eyes and took a deep breath. When she opened them again, she was staring at just a shell of earth around her. She ached and hurt all over, the loss of blood making her weak. Then it all came back to her. Jack was alive and well. He was different, but he was still her Jack. She remembered hearing his words that he remembered. But then that brought her mind back to the fact that she had been left here by him. The ass. The prideful, ass. He had severely weakened her and almost destroyed her chances of survival. And then left her here to die.

-219-
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:24 am

But no. If that had been the case why was she encased in earth? Did he do this to keep her safe while she recovered from his inflicted wounds and blood loss? Finally she moved and let out a groan. She ached and hurt all over. The only thing she could do was rest and heal herself before breaking out of this shell. If she could. So with a few castings of the spell to heal herself, had her dizzy. She should really learn to improve these weak spells. But how. It would be difficult, but she had five days to figure it out or die trying.

After the healing on herself she laid back and rested, while staring up at the ceiling of the earthen shell, thinking of how she would go about finding her way back to the seat of pride. But first, she had to survive four more days of this torture and this land. It really was hell for her. And she couldn't do much else about it. Her eyes closed and she slept for a little while trying to pass the time. The good thing about the earthen shell is that it covered her signature. So that she wasn't a beacon for the demons to find.

-214-
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazakura

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:25 am

By the time she awoke it was a new day, but who tell around here? Especially while inside the earthen container. So she awoke and rolled over to a kneeling position. At least she still had her swords. Good thing. She felt rested but this place was pressing in on her. Making her feel caged. Day two and already she knew that she was going to have lot of problems in Hell. She had to survive. For Jack. She had so much to tell him. Things she had to apologize for. But something had to be done and she couldn't lie. She was scared and the Dark side of her pulled her inward on that dark plane of their subconsciousness....

Dark Sera grabbed Light Sera by the collar of her shirt and shook her. "You are an idiot, Girl. Jack will kill you for telling him."
"I do not have a choice. I cannot lie to him."
"Or to anyone for that matter." Dark Sera spit and tossed the lesser Kami aside. Light Sera's wings came out and she caught herself. They stood there staring at each other on the white fluffy clouds in that darkness. Dark Sera Spoke. "You are weak. You make us both so weak. So scared. Can't you just accept that we are one and the same. Can't you just embrace the gift from him? We can be so much stronger. Together, instead of you fighting. You aren't pure anymore. We can't go back. We can't hang on to the past. Jack is our Future. Hell is now our Home."
"But its so chaotic"
"Quit with the whining, hun. It's getting tedious. We are a being of order. Thus we have to bring order into chaos. Jack is the lord of chaos. If we bring some order into him, it will pass down to the others. Accept me. Accept his blood. Noah cannot give you anything more than softness. Jack offers strength, protection, a way to become the perfect Kami. Bringing order into Chaos"
"No, that's the path that Abbadon choose. He fell from grace in his fight to bring order to the chaos of Earth. He became a Dark Kami. Full of Judgement and perfection."
"It is what a judgement Kami risks. But together we can keep ourselves from being like him. A destroyer. We can bring order here and become powerful. You can't survive this test on your own."
"How can we become one?"
"Fire is both chaotic and ordered. When contained, it can bring warmth, harmony, and passion. But when raging out of control it destroys in its chaotic state. Fire will be a path of changing us."
"But we don't know how to wield it."
"I do, I will teach you and together we will unlock our true potential. We will unlock ourselves and merge into one being. Trust me Seraphina."
"Alright, we had better do this before something comes to find us."
"Sit and learn, I will teach you about fire"

And with that, Sera's bod would remain closed eyed and kneeling as if in meditation. Outside of the shell three days later. A demon flying overhead caught the whiff of a delicious morsel and came swooping down to the rock, the moment he landed on the shell. It cracked and began to glow with an inner fire. Before the demon could move in its startlement, The fire exploded from the earth and engulfed the winged monster burning it to a cinder. Emerging from the stone encasement, like a butterfly from its cocoon, a phoenix wreathed in flames the color of blood and fire crowed to the sky as it took off over head, setting the sky alight in the flames of its crimson tail. The Dark Kami.

-666-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Gauntlet Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gauntlet   The Gauntlet Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gauntlet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shintheory Role-Playing :: DOR :: Roleplaying Board :: Barathrum Regnum :: Externus-
Jump to: