Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Saga: Prologue
Level: All (Recommended Levels: None)
Location: Medius (J5)

The one constant in this world, is change. Humans both strive towards it and fight against it. An ever spiralling cause of chaos and disorder that in the end leaves everything warped, distorted. Changed beyond recognition forever. Life. Death. All but opposite sides of the one coin. Different pages. But the same book. To humans this change is like the encroaching advance of thorns, vines and weeds within a garden. An approaching wildness that threatens to extinguish the life and order already set in place. But, nothing can ever remain the same. Sometimes within these thrones, you’ll see glimpses of virtue. Courage. Drive them back! . Loyalty. I’ll stand by you, till the death, as promised. Love. It was always you that I loved, and I want to be here with you at the end. Flowers, beauty among the wildness. But in the end when it advances too far, as part of this disorder. They too must be extinguished. But even driven back, beaten destroyed. Fragments remain. Pages of a book. Life and death. Separated. Virtue once again begins to seed. But within it, disorder flourishes.

For twenty years the people of this world have known what could be considered an age of relative peace. It has only been a short time since the world was birthed from the abortion of the old. And yet this time was enough to spawn a new generation of heroes, adventurers. Potters that would mold the future of the world and its realms. This was however too enough time for the great divide to form itself between the light and the darkness. On the side of the light. There was the beautiful queen of Mare Maris, protecting her subjects and those who would flock to her banner. In realm of Terra she represented a new hope for the world after the intial chaos that had followed the dawn. And on the side of darkness. The enigmatic prophet. Rumours, tales of nightmarish hordes of Onikonjou that gathered in the depths of the southern regions, beasts within the forests, Who hungered for flesh. And of their leader. One who had seen a glimpse of what had came before. And sought to use this insight into the past. To shape the future. Albiet in his own image. Yet. There were also others who sought power. And this the story of one such person. A human, pitted against gods in a struggle for supremacy. Yet when faced with such odds. It is seldom one remains on the path of morality.

The Dark King was no new born to this world. Like others he had awakened after the dawn. And had been part of that great confusion that followed. Man against man, man against beast. Beast against beast. Spirit against all. Those days of survival were long and harsh. And would do well to shape what he would become. He was stronger than the others, thus in this strength he found those who were willing to follow him. And using those followers. He crushed opposition and set himself up as the sole dictorial ruler of the region he now dubbed " The Core". Ruthless, cruel even. The Dark King believed that his strength gave him the right to rule. But as with all things in chaos. Change is constant. And the Dark Kings strength began to wane as the years went on. His subjects were not blind to this. And with greedy eyes, sew rebellion in his ranks. There was an uprising. Albiet a brief one. During which the tyrant king of The Core, would become the " Dark King of the Core". There are many rumours surrounding just what changed about him. Some say that he truely was never mortal at all. Some say that he sold his soul to a demon. As with all things the truth often belongs beyond that. Hidden among the lies. Regardless of how it happened, in the midst of the rebellion the Dark King emerged reborn, with a new power over the darkness and the creatures who dwealt within it. An army of numberless minions who through claw and fang put down the rebels.

Word of the Dark King and his exploits rarely escapes his lands. Those who speak of those creatures of nightmare that stalk his kingdom as his eyes and ears. Are often dismissed as mad. Assuming they had returned at all. Within his Kingdom. He sat upon his throne of skull and bone. Casting his eyes out into the world. And as his vision grew broader. So did his ambitions. Word reached to him about the Prophet. Capturing and torturing one of his minions to reveal the secret of the Prophets vision. A fragment of power. A remnant from the old world. And so the Dark King knew what he needed. What he wanted. Once again, he cast out his human soldiers into the world, spies and scouts to infiltrate the civilisations out there in an attempt to find one of these fragments. And after his long search, the labour has begun to bear fruit. One of his scouts had found something. But in a brief flash of light, the eyes of the Dark King had been blinded to his fate. Now for the first time, the forces of this King are on the move to claim the fragment of power.



Summary
At first it was just the ramblings of a few crazy men and women.Dismissed as utter nonsense. And then. The dark cloud in the west began to move. Hunters who left their houses in the morn to hunt for game. Did not return. And for once, the wilderness drew quiet. Then reports began to get more detailed. And could no longer be dismissed as the ramblings of those touched by demon kind. A force of darkness was on the move. And was headed directly for the [Central Passage, J5]. The dark cloud in the distance drawers nearer. And undoubtably without resistance. Whatever horrors travel with it are likely to raze anything in the surrounding areas in their path. Villages. Towns. A call has gone out for aid in defending the populated areas of this land from whatever is to come. Mercenaries. Adventurers. Do gooders. All are prayed for in this dark time.

Posting Rules
Post Locations
No posting order
Bio's frozen by 12 mid (tonight)



Participating Members:
 

Begin!

At the central passage there are some men chopping down trees, a few of them look like commoners. Villagers who have just grabbed the nearest tool they have to hand. By the looks of things though they were begining to set up fortifications in the slim hope of stopping the advancing horde. However if the rumours are to be believed about what is to decend upon them. Then they will be obliterated without help. A man in the middle of the group however looks the most organised. He is wearing what appears to be a robe of some kind. And may be a priest. Or even a mage. Whatever he is, the man seems to be the one leading this rag tag group of defenders. His eyes scoured over a map laid upon a table, hands on either side. Eyes moving up every now and again to bark orders at someone. As soon as he sees you. For the briefest moment, there is the flicker of a smile ( or was it a grin?).

" Excellent, I thought our call for aid had gone unheeded. I assembled these men in the hopes that we may drive back, or at least divert whatever dark force draws near. I think we do have some time before it is upon us. So I am preparing what I can using what we have....your help in these things would be welcome indeed". .

Fortifying the Land
Building fortifications will give you a better chance in the upcoming battle. They are however. Optional.

Barricading: Wooden spiked baracades that whilst provide minimal protection, may give that slight edge in battle required. [ Adds +1 to Ranged Units in Army, additional + 1 for each increase in size.]
Pitfalls: Placing pitfalls along the expected route of the dark force may reduce enemy unit numbers...[ Chance of Reducing enemy units, number depends on roll and size]
Spike Trenches: The placement of trenches could provide a significant reduction in the speed of the enemy advance. [ Speed reduction determined by roll]
Medical Post: A dry area with gathered herbal mixes to treat wounds. [ Provides a +20hp/stamina recovery use to the person who built it ONCE during battle , only one can be built per member]
Elemental Circle: The elder/priest/mage has provided a scroll which details a method in which to build a magical circle in which an element can be enfused. Crafting one of these will generate an effect based on the magical package used to infuse the circle with power. Effect revealed when used]

Sizing: Fortification sizes, Small ( 500 words to complete), Medium ( 1000 words to complete) and Large ( 1500 words to complete). Increasing the sizes of the fortifications increases their effects. Building one fortification, regardless of size takes up one turn. Increasing the size of the fortification will increase its effects once over. Ex) Large Medical Post will heal +60hp/Sta once.

Timing: 1 fortifcation built = one turn regardless of size. When I post, that entire turn however is considered over, and if you missed a chance to build a fortification in that turn. You do not get it back.

::::Note:::::
Those with troops, and bringing troops. List the numbers brought to the battle with your posts.


Countdown Till Dark King Arrival: 3 Turns






-----------------
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder



PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:33 pm

The incubus shed a crystalline tear as Alicia's speech reached his ears. "So... beautiful..." He'd produced a handkerchief from... somewhere and began wiping the flood that issued forth from his eyes. "I'd fight for you until the end of the age, Knight Lady." For a moment, the waterworks continued until he remembered that he had a message to tell Iskra.

The self-styled warlord had been pacing around the periphery of the camp, a scowl on his face that dissolved at the incubus's approach. "Any interesting news?"

Run saluted as formally as he could manage. "Some of the people are worried for their safety."

"They worry for no reason." Somehow, she felt stronger from the distant speech of the woman, though she'd paid it little attention. It wasn't so much that what Alicia said wasn't important: it was that there were more important things to be listening to.

The moat was very nearly complete, and some of the engineers of the project were already working on getting the nearby creek to fill the hole full of water. Those that weren't on that half of the project were affixing spare sharp sticks to the bottom of the watery pits. After all, water nowadays often carried nasty infections that could worsen a wound received while flailing about in water full of pointy objects... at least in water as dirty as a moat's.

The incubus walked alongside her, looking out over the construction that was taking place. "They should probably leave before the cloud gets here. It might hurt them or something..."

Iskra shook her head. "They'll be safer here, but you do have a point. They are sort of defenseless. They can duck behind those commoners over there and we'll give those commoners some spears to fight with. From there it should be easier for my men to protect them." They both looked out on the construction of the ditch for a moment. Water began to flood it. Slowly. Slowly, Iskra turned her head to the halfbreed still staring out over the moat. "What on Terra are you waiting for? I said go get them some sticks!"

Run ran off with a yelp of, "Yes ma'am!"

From there, it wasn't long until the same crew responsible for gathering the sharp sticks had found some for a few of the commoners to wield. They wielded them clumsily, of course, and with no practice. The military trained in Rasvamaal attempted to teach them a bit, and they seemed to be slow learners. It was better than nothing, however, so she turned her attention to the approaching crows and clouds.

[ EXP: 508 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]



Last edited by LittleMariko on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:39 pm


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: STR: I [+0.0] INT: V [+4.0] DEF: I [+0.0] Aegis: III [+2.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: ---
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing] | Ventus Secundus[HP+6](1Posts)
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(O:17-18|P:17-18) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14)
Units: 25 Commoner Defenders
Shields [50/75]*Gave 25 to Yuki's Unit*
Long Spears [25/25]*Recieved 25 from Yuki's Unit*

Theme: Hope's Arrival
Location: Noah: J5:K17


Waiting around, Noah couldn't think of anything else that he had to do. He wanted to make sure that he had completed everything. By the end of this hopefully, he would become well known in order to reach a position that he had been wanting and needing in order for his plans to go forwards. For a Kami, scheming was something that shouldn't have been apart of his nature, but alas he considered himself different from the rest of the Kami's, one who was far superior in almost every aspect, one who was able to break free from the old ways of bringing nothing but light and wanting to protect... He possessed Ambition. Noah felt 100% ready to go, just waiting for the say so while his Men waited around. They carried extra shields due to having made more than they should have, though of course conversation does takes ones attention away from the task at hand, making it an easy accident. He looked at his soldiers and his alone, looking at the extra shields they were holding." Those extra shields will only hinder us...we're going to destroy them ". He clearly didn't care about the others aside from Yuki and one of His commoners, and though they thought it would have been best to give the shields to other units, they felt that it was good to follow orders. One of them would step outside of that though." Shouldn't we give the remaining shields to others who don't have any ? ". Noah shook his head." No... Something made by your own hands should never be given away. If they want shields they can make them too...It's not hard ". Noah said in a callous manner.



Words :: 314 Exp
Gains ::1 TEXP [At least 5 Posts in the day]
Back to top Go down
Lijo
New Recruit
New Recruit
avatar

Rep! : 0

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:52 pm

"Ah, to be young, and make such errant decisions." He said, softly. After all, the kid, Noah had appeared near them, as he and Yuki had worked together. "Do you wish to live? For your men to do so?" He asked, softly. "Things created should never be so callously harbored. The benefit of the whole is at stake. While you created shields, my men created provisions. Tell me, will your men not reap the benefits of our pitfalls?" He asked, looking at the boy. No, he did not know who the child was, nor did he have any particular concern. He simply spoke the truth. If he had extra shields, then they should go to those that most needed it, not simply be destroyed.

"To ask men to destroy things that could save the lives of those around them - who might in turn save their lives, is foolish." He finished, a hint of sheer pity in his voice. It took some kind of ego to speak as he had spoken. It had been so casual, the way he had dismissed the topic of armaments and defenses.

"So. Which is more important. Whatever pride you think you should have, or the lives of every man in this contingent?" His eyes turned to the men near the boy - his troops. He was challenging that authority he had established, and was forcing his hand. If he did callously destroy the shields after another person spoke up in need of them, and made it seem that every man was important and should be working together... well, to go against that might easily begin to trigger dissent in the ranks.

The boy did not strike him as a fool. He knew better than most that the way one looked meant very little. "No one here wants another of their fellow men to die. We are all here laying down our lives. Don't tread on those lives so easily." Lijo made certain his voice had been loud enough to carry to both squadrons of men.

Would the boy throw away the extra shields, and potentially the trust of his men? Only time would tell.

( 383 EXP )
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Turning his gaze from the male as he heard the child's voice, Yuki glances to Noah for a brief moment as he tells his men to destroy the extra shields they had been carrying. Thinking upon this for a moment, Yuki looked at the extra shield's the child's men had and knew that indeed the extra weight would hinder them just as the spears would hinder his own men but the half-breed wasn't so sure about having the shield's destroyed. Though the half-breed had not been offered any sort of compensation for his endeavors at the moment and even for the threat to his life that he is going to be facing with this fight, he told himself that he would be doing this for the greater good and all that jazz, save the humans so that they can help him and what not but deep down Yuki wondered if he was simply doing this to protect his own life and what he has worked to gain not to mention what power and recognition that may come of this should he live through the fighting and be in the victorious side. Turning his gaze from the child Yuki glances to the male as he comes back with a retort and seemed to make a good point about not having the shields destroyed, though the half-breeds patients in the matter had already begin to grow short in the matter and as the male finishes speaking, Yuki lets out a low growl as he shifts his gaze between the two before looking to the child, " Leave the shields with the man, I don't plan to die this day and giving him the shields may increase our chances of making it through this. " Yuki says in kind of a final word manner as he looks to Noah. Shifting his gaze from the child Yuki looks back to Lijo, " Good luck and as I said, if you need any help I will do what I can. " Yuki says with a faint nod before turning his attention back to the child, " I thought I hard someone I knew earlier, I'm going to go see if I can find them and the other I am waiting on. " Yuki says to Noah before he turns and begins to walk away, wondering if he had resolved the shield matter. The wolf that sat next to Yuki watched the exchange between everyone and as Yuki began to leave it slowly rose up at a towering height able to carry a grown man as a mount on its back, and turned away following after its master. The twenty five defenders broke away as well as they begin to talk between each other while following after there 'commander'.
EXP: 473 / 7471
Yukis's Stats:
Health: 170
Stamina: 170 / 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal
Status Effect: Invigorating Shout (+1 Defense, Strength, Aegis. 4 Turns)

Banner: Blood Red, this color....

Defenders:
- Amount: 25
- Stats: ???
- Bonus: Atk +1, Def/Aeg +1
- Gear: Long Spears, Body Armor, Simple Shields
- Den: 5

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x2
- Long Spears x1 (Large Group, 50 / 75 Used, Yuki's Men, Noah's Men, Lijo's Men)

Pitfall #1
- Location: O 21- 22, P 21-22 (the 4 square block)
Pitfall #2
- Location: Q 19-20, R 19-20 (the 4 square block)

-----------------
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:25 pm

In the course of searching for wood, Run, who was a spy among other things due to his admirable abilities in blending into things and ending up where he wasn't supposed to be, wound up overhearing the conversation between Noah and the less fortunate hybrid.

"Throwing away shields? That'll be a good source of wood." He spoke aloud in a whisper to himself. He whispered right through Yuki's words, in fact.

Grinning, he approached the decidedly short little human and waved amiably, hoping the natural charm of his species would carry him through this discussion.

"Hello there, kind little mister! I noticed you have some spare shields. We have an awful lot of moat diggers here who are in need of shielding, and since you aren't using any I thought perhaps you might save us some time by letting us take those off of your hands. You won't be sorry!" The horned man smiled sunnily and clasped his hands in front of him, bending a bit to put himself on eye level with the boy. "Please?"

[ EXP: 223 ]

Indigo Banner


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:06 pm


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: STR: I [+0.0] INT: V [+4.0] DEF: I [+0.0] Aegis: III [+2.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: ---
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing] |
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(O:17-18|P:17-18) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14)
Units: 25 Commoner Defenders
Shields [25/75]*Gave 25 to Yuki's Unit* *Gave 25 to Lijo's Unit*
Long Spears [25/25]*Recieved 25 from Yuki's Unit*

Theme: Hope's Arrival
Location: Noah: J5:K17


An individual approached him and challenged him in a manner that Noah indeed found interesting. During the speech that he had to give, Noah would simply sit there not gaining any kind of aggression towards Lijo. When he was done with his whole speech that contained various insults, Noah got ready to laugh before Yuki pointed out the obvious. Noah considered Yuki a cool individual who possessed a good connection with Balmung, so that was taken into consideration before he would give his reply. " I ".. and right there another individual would make themselves known, speaking in the need of shields. He didn't figure that this many individuals didn't think about making shields for themselves. The words by the new individual was extremely odd, but not disrespectful in the least, which created a choice between him and the individual that 'Attempted' to corner him with the decision. His words would be towards Lijo." Don't insult me by thinking you can corner me with something I clearly don't care about, because that gets you nowhere. Why didn't you make your units shields ? it's a battle for christ sakes ". He said laughing slightly, motioning back from all of the individuals with a back flip." Well I don't reeeally want to know to be honest...but interested to see some things...so take the shields". He actually wanted to give them to the other individual that asked for them in an odd, polite manner, but it would appear that Yuki wanted this individual to live through the battle, even gone as far as offering his service, similar to how he did Balmung. The Unit belonging to Noah would hand the extra shields to Lijo by placing them on the ground." I swear Im getting soft for some reason...that damn girl ". He said somewhat outloud, while shaking his head and shrugging.



Words :: 357 Exp
Gains ::---
Back to top Go down
Lijo
New Recruit
New Recruit
avatar

Rep! : 0

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:28 pm

After a moment, he smiled and bowed his head.

"As I said - we were working on fortifying our layout, my friend. Still, your benevolence and generosity will not go unthanked. We are grateful, of that I assure you." He gave him a slight bow, before turning his gaze back to Yuki. "Once again, you have assisted me in a matter most necessary. I believe I owe you a debt. I will try my best not to become a hindrance on the battlefield." He offered to him, another dip of his head. He was being entirely serious, to the both of them. He did think destroying the shields would be useless, and perhaps he had read the boy wrong. Deciding it was best to leave things be as they were, he looked to his men.

"Please, make good use of these shields, and thank the men who worked hard on what may very well save your lives." He stepped back, careful to let each of his own men take up a shield. Now that they were - more or less - adequately armed, he glanced about. It seemed that the fortifications had come to a stop. Well, as much as he did not want to...

"Let us return to our previous stations, and resume fortifying the grounds." He gestured vaguely in the direction of the pitfalls they had been working on as a team.

He casually saluted to Yuki and Noah, before pausing to look at Run for a moment. He had no words for the thing - it was merely acting in its nature, or on orders Lijo had no desire to know. Instead, he took his leave. "It will be a pleasure working with you." He offered, before slipping towards the medical posts. His brows quirked. There were hardly any built! That was no good - he would have to see to it that this instead was done. With a half-thought movement, he stepped towards an older gentleman, who was diligently working with a pestle. Herbs left a vastly pungent odor in the air, one that almost made him wrinkle his nose. No, he was certainly no fan of that sort of scent. Instead, he would much rather keep his focus on something else.

"Tell me, old man, how does one create one of these little outposts? I'd love to make certain that we have enough medical supplies handy. All of our men will need whatever help they can get."

A wrinkled brow deepened, as aged and rheumy eyes looked up at him. "You'll have to speak up, boy, I've no ears for quiet speech."

He couldn't help but smile a bit. He knelt, and looked at him, increasing the volume as he repeated himself. The old man nodded, and gestured to the area next to him. "Don't do much talkin', I don't do much repeatin'. Got it?" He said, his voice withering and cracked, much like his skin. Lijo nodded, and began doing exactly as he was instructed. First, he had to sweep. An area had to be cleared away, so that people could be laid down on a flat surface. It took him more time than he thought was necessary, but the man informed him that it had to be just-so. Anything left could be an agitation that would only make things worse for whoever was laid out there.

Next, came the arduous process of gathering the herbs from various places. They had already had them organized, sort of, but the tinctures and draughts and poultices had to be made up. They didn't have infinite shelf lives, and they rarely had much call for in regular, every-day life. They were doing more than enough for a small amount of time. He began working things together, listening intently for the precise measurements. There were enough mortars and pestles to get things done quickly, and he found he rather enjoyed this work. It wasn't tedious in the least - it actually required forethought to do this sort of thing. If he didn't have such a keen interest in magic, he would have considered something like this as a trade. But no, he knew that magic could accomplish what these things could far quicker and far more accurately than any herbal remedy could.

He leaned backwards, and touched a brow.

"Like this?" He asked, easily.

( 785 EXP. Small Medical Post built. Men equipped with shields and spears. )
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:06 am

"Oh poo..."

Somehow the half-kami, half-oni felt he had failed in his mission to his current master... or at least set himself back several steps.

Yet, he was good enough to decide that if the other person had earned the shields somehow by being more charming than he, then it was not his job to go forth and rob the man of his hard-earned wood.

Thus, the incubus turned on his heel with a haughty flick of his hair to resume leading the efforts to find wood for the shield and such.

[ EXP: 132 ]

Indigo Banner


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:16 pm

Saga: Prologue
Level: All (Recommended Levels: None)
Location: Medius (J5)


Final preperations were now complete. Regardless of whether or not you wanted to do anything else there wasn't the time to do it. The dark cloud was now over and upon you. Blocking out the sun and leaving the skies grey. Jyn, who had gone into the bushes would find little, just a splatter of blood and the remaining sense of what felt like. Death. It wasn't darkness in the conventional sense of demonic and evil. But something. From the far east where the army was expected to come however there was. Nothing. Minutes passed, silence taking each man as he slowly gathered up what he could and lined himself behind each leader. Preparing for combat. But still. Nothing. " Mayhap it was just a rumour after all?". A man said, laughing nervously. And as with many things that occured. That one seemed to pretty much jynx it. Seconds after the nervous laugh. The final shadow of the dark cloud fell upon you all. And from that darkness. Creatures began to emerge.


For the most part, certain numbers of the creatures seemed almost human shaped, others however differed. Some had almost angellic wings. Others looked more demonic. But they all shared one trait. That sludge like darkness upon their faces dripping down. One opened its mouth and a shriek broke the silence [ Shriek of the Forsaken: Yuki, Noah, Alicia,Lijo targetted] the men stumbled backwards. Yet for all the words and rumours of this dark king, you could not see their leader in sight. But this horde was upon you. And it was your duty to fight back. The Elder however has gone strangely quiet as if shocked by the sight before him.

Information:


Name: Creepers
Race: Onikonjou?
Attributes: Strong
Strong Against: Dark?
Weak Against: Light?
Techniques:
Shriek of the Forsaken
DRK
Effect: BND STG 3, MLT STG 3, AOE STG 5, SEI: Fearful STG 3
[More to be revealed]

Locations: C29, H31, M31, T30
Numbers in Horde:
Total: 1000
Split into groups of 250 in each space.

Begin battle, activate fortifications that require rolls when needed. Army rules apply.

http://h2h.netne.net/1_breakdown.html






Battle Plan:
  • Each character will be given 25 commoner defenders to lead into battle. This represents a squad. You and your squad will inhabit the same square. If you have additional troops. You may use an officer/follower character from your life path to lead them and place them elsewhere on the map.
  • Map Key,
    B: Barricades
    +: Medical Centre
    P: Pitfalls
    S: Spike Trench
    E: Elemental Circle

    List the locations of your fortifictions in your next post. Large Fortifications will take up four squares, small one. And Medium 2.


Spoiler:
 




Summary
At first it was just the ramblings of a few crazy men and women.Dismissed as utter nonsense. And then. The dark cloud in the west began to move. Hunters who left their houses in the morn to hunt for game. Did not return. And for once, the wilderness drew quiet. Then reports began to get more detailed. And could no longer be dismissed as the ramblings of those touched by demon kind. A force of darkness was on the move. And was headed directly for the [Central Passage, J5]. The dark cloud in the distance drawers nearer. And undoubtably without resistance. Whatever horrors travel with it are likely to raze anything in the surrounding areas in their path. Villages. Towns. A call has gone out for aid in defending the populated areas of this land from whatever is to come. Mercenaries. Adventurers. Do gooders. All are prayed for in this dark time.

Posting Rules
Post Locations
No posting order
Bio's frozen by 12 mid (tonight)



Participating Members:
 



Countdown Till Dark King Arrival: 0 Turns

The Darkness is upon you.



-----------------
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:43 pm

Name: Dei Iudicium
(DMG, Stg6) | (AOE, Stg6)
Effect: DMG = Int + 3, Range = 200 yds
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:43 pm

The member 'Noah' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:49 pm


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 80%
Attributes: STR: 0 [+0.0] INT: IV [+3.0] DEF: II [+1.0] Aegis: IV [+3.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: Performed Dei Iudicium[DMG6|AOE6] @Creepers[H31]
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing] |
Dmg/Status Relay: Noah Dealt 125dmg to everything within 200 yards of skill impact
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(O:17-18|P:17-18) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14)
Units: 25 Commoner Defenders
Shields [25/75]*Gave 25 to Yuki's Unit* *Gave 25 to Lijo's Unit*
Long Spears [25/25]*Recieved 25 from Yuki's Unit*

Theme: Hope's Arrival
Location: Noah: J5:K17


It would appear that things would kick off with somewhat of a surprised attack, or more like a little wait that made them anxious before springing the attack. The appearance of their enemies was sickening and saddening at the same time, appearing as Remnants that possessed human forms, some wings but their movements gave the idea of Zombies. How well these things could actually perform was not known at the moment, but one thing was clear...it was time to take action. Immediately at the start of the battle, a screech could be heard that would create some form of fear within all who heard it. Noah for one felt a slight intimidation that would cause him to put up his guard more than anything else, but the divine nature of this being would spring forth almost instantly. " DONT HOLD BACK!!! " The Bind was strong, but Noah possessed more than enough to break the bind without having a form of stun, so his arms would shoot outwards as if he was breaking free from a grip. Majority of them was close, or at least Yuki, Alicia and Lijo was in the area with their Units. Noah would want close to no friendly fire in battle, and to perform what he wanted to perform. He would have to gain high ground." 5 go fourth and hold them off with shields! Attack when you can but do not go into their crowds if you don't want to die! ". He wasn't saying this because of the Remnants, He was saying this because of what he was getting ready to unleash. He lifted off the ground quickly, though he could have warped. He continued to ascend upwards, but began chanting so he could unleash the spell as soon as he got up into the skies." In the lands where God has no say, begone from my presence on this darkened Day! Dei Iudicium!". His hands shot forwards, having view of a few hordes in between some of the trees and other obstacles. Any warriors that would be stupid as to rush in the middle of the hordes would find themselves stuck in what appeared to be a distortion of space itself. In the eyes of any individuals outside of the distorted space, it would appear as Everything within the area is blinking a lot as if the things in the affected area are constantly going back and forth between dimensions, but when its done the stuff will appear as if a earthquake of a large scale hit them. This would damage the things within 200 yards, 600 feet, or 182 meters. He wanted to get this started with something big as to give not only his units, but the others including the one who challenged him earlier a chance to either recover from what was initially launched to to take out a good amount where they could go on the offensive without 'much' worry of getting mauled over.



Words :: 534 Exp
Gains ::1 TEXP [Earn at 250 EXP in a day.]
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Roll 1: Vicious Strike Use
Roll 2: Wolf's attack

-----------------
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:19 pm

The member 'Rune' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '[ Perfected ]' :


--------------------------------

#2 '[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:25 pm

As he began to move away, Yuki cast his gaze to the sky for a brief moment, looking to the darkness that loomed over them, whch wasn't a rather good sign unfortunately. Not getting very far Yuki came to a stop as he heard a shriek that broke the silence, a sound that caused him to turn his attention to the creature that had produced it, though as he looks at the creature he feels a hint of fear that raises up in him, taking grip of him. As he felt fear begin to take hold, Yuki began to move though as he started to move he felt his movement hindered for a brief moment before he pushes through the feeling of being unable to move. Though he had pushed through whatever was trying to prevent him from moving, Yuki still felt somewhat afraid though he wasn't going to let such a thing stop him from pushing an offensive. Turning his full attention to the threat, Yuki shifts his gaze over the group of zombie like creatures that are coming out of the forest and moving towards them. It seemed the time had come for the half-breed to put what he is good at to use and help in this human fight against whatever these creatures may be. Now that the attack had been put into motion Yuki knew his capabilities as a leader commanding men would be drawn upon and put to the test though unfortunately the half-breed did not have much experience in commanding many men during an attack such as this. Knowing this, Yuki wondered if he could truely rely on the men he had been given and even his ability to command them, but he knew that he would at least give it a shot and see if he could effectively lead them into battle and hopefully go victory. When he heard the child yelling, Yuki glanced to him for a brief moment before turning his gaze back to the hord of zombie like creatures and gave a faint nod, though he had no intent on holding back. Yuki let forth a guttural wolf like growl as he reaches behind him and grips the middle handle of the colossal blade resting on his back and pulls it from its harness, " Alright, lets go men. " Yuki barks out to the men with him. After giving the command to his men to form up, Yuki begins to advance forwards, his grip on his blade tighteing as he holds it at his side, his gaze locking upon the enemy as he begins to move forwards, moving into a quick rush as he charges straight for the enemy after Noah had unleashed his attack from above. Drawing closer to the zombie like creatures, Yuki yells out again, " Form up and prepair for attack! " he yells out to the 25 men before he launches into an attack, loosing a vicious strike with his blade aimed to cleave one of the creatures in two.

Responding to Yuki's order the men begin to move, charging forwards with him as he had commanded. The men rush forwards away from the rest of the group as they follow after Yuki, shields held at there sides as they hold there spears pointed straight up. When the other order comes from Yuki the men slow up and begin to move into formation, moving into a phalanx formation three rows deep with two rows of ten men and the third row being a single row of five men. As the men move into formation the ones in front hold there shields up to act as a shield wall and block any incoming enemy while the men in the second row being there spears down to offer an offense against any approaching creatures. The third row lower there spears as well and offer additional offense against the creatures. The group of defenders offer support for there commander and hold a ridged formation and attempt not to get swamped by trying to remain in front of the group of creatures.

Following after Yuki as he begins to move forwards, the wolf at his side starts to charge as well, following along side its master as it moves forwards towards the group of zombie like creatures. Moving ahead of the defenders, the wolf moves in close with Yuki to begin attacking the creature as well. As it comes with in range of one of the creatures, the wolf lashes out with its jaws, biting at one of the zombie creatures in an attempt to take it down so it could maw the creature.
EXP: 818 / 8289
Yukis's Stats:
Health: 170
Stamina: 161 / 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal
Status Effect: Invigorating Shout (+1 Defense, Strength, Aegis. 3 Turns)

Attack: Vicious Strike
Damage: +1
Drain: 9

Yuki's Attack Damage: 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 - Monster def
Wolf's Attack Damage: 2

Banner: Blood Red, this color....

Defenders:
- Amount: 25
- Stats:
Health Points: 2,500
Attack: 2,525
Defense: 2,525
Speed: 2,500
Morale: ???
- Bonus: Atk +1, Def/Aeg +1
- Gear: Long Spears, Body Armor, Simple Shields
- Den: 5

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x2
- Long Spears x1 (Large Group, 50 / 75 Used, Yuki's Men, Noah's Men, Lijo's Men)

Pitfall #1
- Location: O 21- 22, P 21-22 (the 4 square block)
Pitfall #2
- Location: Q 19-20, R 19-20 (the 4 square block)

-----------------
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 56
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Having moved forth into the bushes, it comes to Jyn’s full realization that there did not seem to be anything left of the male who had been dragged in. There is a feeling of dismay and disappointment that he had been too late and that no one else had attempted to help. A scan of the area around him offered nothing substantial to service as a lead, so his attention would have to return back to the men who had initially backed away from helping a fellow man. Deciding not to bother with speaking to them, Jyn opted rather to continue his observation of the area and the people in it neither offering help nor hindering the progress in the area. Something stood out to him as if the area seemed to be a bit darker than before. He pulls himself out of the seemingly empty bushes bringing his legs free of the brush while looking about to see where Yuki may have gone to; it was in this idle time when others about him began to speak optimistically of the current times that he would notice the final darkness descend upon the area.

It was an odd experience for him in witnessing the creatures emerge from the darkness. The fact that they were forming from darkness, coupled with the rumors of before shone light on the fact that they were probably being of malevolence. When the shrill cry breaks the silence, Jyn did not see the attack they performed, but felt a wave of magical energy pass by swiftly around the same time (Arcane Sensing) which seemed to result in men cowering away from the approaching horde indicating some type of vocal spell.

In seeing the approaching horde, Jyn thought it best to distance himself for the time being. He didn’t know the people with who he would be fighting these large numbers with, minus the fact that they did not cherish human life, and he didn’t know anything about his enemy; those would be two large factors that Battousai would have issues with. But beyond those things, the black creatures were creepy as hell, which made him partially retreat in a flinching like manner. “Okay, you take over,” he would confirm with Battousai before his body would give off a light glowing burst that would result in him taking on his more battle ready form (Phase Shift, Possessed Strength Activated). With his lower faced now covered in a mask and twin horns about his head he would look at the situation with new eyes and determine the area where the darkness seemed to be coming from as well as witness the attacks that were already in progress against the darkness.

EXP: 505 / 1593

-----------------
"I am the Solution."
Jyn'rai Keirosuki [Techs] - Domen'Yun [Techs] - Asei Jyn [Techs]
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:47 pm

»Dimensio Porta|Stg6|Perfected
»Ventus Secundus|Stg6|Honed
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:47 pm

The member 'Noah' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '[ Perfected ]' :


--------------------------------

#2 '[ Honed ]' :
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:47 pm


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 63%
Attributes: STR: 0 [+0.0] INT: IV [+3.0] DEF: II [+1.0] Aegis: IV [+3.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: Performed Dimensio Porta[SHLD6|AOE1] and Ventus Secundus[HP+6][H31]
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing] |
Dmg/Status Relay: ---
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(O:17-18|P:17-18) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14)
Units: 25 Commoner Defenders

Commoners Attributes: STR: II [+1.0] INT: IV [+0.0] DEF: II [+1.0] Aegis: II [+1.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: I [+0.0]

Theme: Hope's Arrival
Location: Noah: J5:K17


The area ahead of him was wrecked, or at least the area covering the length of 2 football fields. Noah was no where near done despite having used his strongest spell at the get go. His arms motioned to the side while he was in the skies. Right when he was about to attack again, he remembered that he was supposed to be fighting the battle near his units to make sure most importantly that Broli, Ana's father did survive this battle. Another thing he had in his mind was wiping out as much as he could so he could reduce the chances of anything happening to him. His hands came together and his legs spread out. His palms was flat together as the fingers was pointing upwards. It would give the idea of someone praying within some kind of religion." Spatii praesidio! " He yelled as a barrier came over him while he was in the sky as to protect him from any attacks that may be initiated towards him while he was in the sky. With that, having been a short period for casting, Noah arms would now part outwards, remaining aligned as he brought one around going up while the other going down, making some kind of circle." Blood through which is clense grant me my second wind! ". This was a skill that slowly recovered his stamina, making him fully ready to go with his spells. Covered in his barrier, Noah would descend back to the ground and near his unit." Broli and 10 others you're with me. In that 10 I want the first five I told to go forth. The 15 of you protect the command center! ". Noah looked around before looking to one of his men." Where did Yuki go ? ". One would point to the east." He went up ahead with his Units sir!". Some were shocked by the power Noah displayed and from that held respect and confidence in the ability." Damn! you 10, lets roll ". They wouldn't be allowed within 5 yards of him due to his barrier, so they maintained a distance as they followed in Yuki Steps quite quickly.



Words :: 383 Exp
Gains ::1 TEXP [At least 5 Posts in the day]
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:23 am


March of the Dark King
By the time the darkness had taken over the camp, Alicia had positioned herself on the ramparts- her slender, ivory bow drawn and her gaze reaching out over the battleground. The silence was deafening- as her men (and everyone else, she supposed) accepted that they may or may not come out of this one alive. Even the wildlife had gone silent- the crows that had been so abundant before either having left or simply watching the camp now.

Fear filled her men's eyes- though they stood firm and clutched their weapons as if for dear life. None broke the short line formation she had put them into- and none turned their gaze away from the entrance to the compound they were watching. Kess, Lias and Reynault weren't fairing much better as they worked to string their bows with shaking hands and nervous glances out into the darkness. Alicia supposed that this may be their first large-scale battle; or simply their first battle against supernatural forces.

A black shadow fell over the already darkened camp- making a very over-cast day seem like a premature twilight. A soft, ephemeral glow emanated from the Knight and her armor- a product of her transformation- making her a beacon throughout the battlefield. While it was a good thing that her men could see her easily amidst the enroaching blackness- it also made her a rather sizable target- though this didn't particularly bother the Knight, it would be rather unfortunate if she were struck down from simply being the most visible target.

In an instant- the enemy was there- seemingly coming out of the very shadows themselves. Deformed beasts that oozed a black ichor that reminded the Knight all too much of a particular demon she had met in and subsequently released from the Tower; however, she doubted that these beings had any affiliations with the beast known as Inky.

They numbered in the hundreds- if not thousands, causing a brief thought of doubt to flit through Alicia's mind. Fighting this many would be all but impossible with their measly forces- and their leader was nowhere to be seen. Alicia and her men had only so many arrows (roughly 180 between them), and she doubted that they would be able to fire all of them off before the monsters made it to the base. Shaking her head, she dispelled these thoughts, drawing back her arrow- taking aim at the nearest stumbling fiend and, with a sharp intake of breath--

A piercing scream filled the air- causing the Knight to falter slightly and drop her arrow onto the ramparts before her. A great wave of fear rushed over her- nearly engulfing the Knight before shrugging off the effects and returning her gaze to the approaching horde. Luckily, none of her troops saw this as they were all also sent reeling by the terrible howl, some dropping their weapons altogether and others clutching theirs more tightly- as if holding on for dear life.

"Do not falter now, men! What are we but cowards and liars should we fail here!"

At that, Alicia drew another arrow, aimed and fired into the head of the nearest oncoming foe- driving the arrow straight through the thing's head. She hoped her personal men, Kess, Lias and Reynault, could get ahold of themselves as well. They were going to need to start plugging a lot more arrows into these godforsaken things if they wanted to have any hopes of thinning their ranks before they reached the base.

xp: 678 # 6216 xp
Health:
100/100
Stamina: 62/100
Location: J-21 (Men at K-20)
Actions: >>Boost Morale on troops
>>Fired arrow to H-31
>>If Kess, Lias and Reynault are not bound, they also fire on H-31
Rolls: >>Arrow
>>Gaarm dodge/resist
>>Kess, Lias and Reynalt dodge/resist
>>Commoner dodge/resist


Attributes:
Strength: +1 (Average ---> Strong)
Intelligence: +2 (Average ---> Abnormal)
Defense: +3 (Average ---> Ascended)
Aegis: +3 (Average ---> Ascended)
Movement: +1 (Average ---> Strong)
Dexterity: +2 (Average ---> Abnormal)

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight


Last edited by Soothesayer on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:23 am

The member 'Soothesayer' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '[ Perfected ]' :


--------------------------------

#2 '100 Roll' : 96

--------------------------------

#3 '100 Roll' : 98, 48, 63

--------------------------------

#4 '100 Roll' : 2, 36, 53, 56, 47, 76, 33, 86, 53, 29, 2, 63, 44, 37, 29, 83, 85, 99, 82, 5, 89, 18, 58, 70, 66
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:09 am

Rolling for Boost Morale. Had to go onto H2H and roll a Steal roll there, since there is none on site here

The member 'Soothesayer' has done the following action : Roll!

'Steal Roll' : 9

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:09 am

The member 'Soothesayer' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Reference Map!:
 

-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Apparently, it was go time. The darkness curled up and around, and from that blackness, twisted creatures, visions of a nightmare emerged.

Iskren snarled, pulling his bladed chain from his side and twirling it around menacingly. "TO ARMS!"

The commoners looked at each other, then looked forward to Iskren, as though unsure whether it would be such a good idea to follow him... at least a good idea compared to fleeing for their lives. The monsters before them were terrifying

But there appeared no ready escape and it was too late to turn back now.

"Rivers!" the warlord barked to his scout.

"Mmmm, who's that?" Despite the gravity of the situation, the incubus was studying the backend of the one other masked, horned male, one who had disappeared into the bushes. "I want to hang around him."

Iskren snarled and rolled his eyes, "Focus, halfbreed. You may go wherever you like as long as you kill those things so I can go home!"

"Yes ma'am! I mean... sir!"

The incubus took the formal military forces a short distance off while Iskra kept her decidedly less-trained forces behind them for backup.

Location:
> Iskren: F19 - 25 Commoners Med. shields, Med. spears (50% +1 Attack, 50% +1 Defense)
> Run: F21 - 26 NS Units
> Builders: K16 (Hiding)

[ EXP: 246 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Saga: Prologue
Level: All (Recommended Levels: None)
Location: Medius (J5)


It would seem that due to Yuki having no clear cut sense of direction. The attacks would sporadicly generate. Noah's earthquake would manage to hit for significant damage. Whilst Yuki's attacks would miss completely. ( Neither of you designated which group of the Creepers you were targetting specifically please list locations on map, remember there are four groups of them). The men with you however seemed slightly confused with the order and the attacks. But for themselves managed to figure out which group to attack. [Commoner defenders moved towards H31]. The groups of Creepers to the south east began to move forwards towards the command centre, one group of which in the process marked feet upon Noah's elemental circle. Whilst the ones in the north. Held by Yuki and Noah seemed to be staying where they were. But this made them no less dangerous.

The Elder however, began to....laugh? That was never a good sign. Had he gone mad in the heat of battle? Thats when the same kind of stench surrounded him, not a physical stench but a spiritual one. A stink of death and darkness like these creatures only...worse. His coat warped and changed colour, the face under it seemed to distort twisted by darkness. He grew taller than most men. Over 8 feet and wearing a robe of pure blood stained crimson. Then things began to add up the briefiest glimmer of a smile ( or was it a grin?). Was this the dark King who the rumours had spoke of?

" Indeed....it is good that you answered my call...you will all make powerful weapons in my hands"

His arms raised, the Dark King unleashed darkness upon the surrounding units ( Tainted Dusk, INT + 3 AOE). Upon seeing the Dark King reveal himself. The creepers begin to shake almost sporadically. As if they are under going some kind of transformation. As the darkness subsided however. More Creepers seem to have appeared on the field of battle. It would seem that those units slain by the dark king. Are enslaved by his powers....







Information:


Name: The Dark King
Race: Hybrid?
Attributes: Supreme
HP:????
STA????
Strong Against: Dark?
Weak Against: ????
Techniques:
Corrupted Dusk
DMG ( Stage 6, INT +3 ), AOE ( Stage 4)
March of the Great Dark
UND ( Stage 3) AOE ( Stage 5) BSN ( Stage 6)
[More to be revealed]
Location:L16





Name: Creepers
Race: Onikonjou?
Attributes: Strong
Strong Against: Dark?
Weak Against: Light?
Techniques:
Shriek of the Forsaken
DRK
Effect: BND STG 3, MLT STG 3, AOE STG 5, SEI: Fearful STG 3
[More to be revealed]

Locations: C29, H31, M31, T30
Numbers in Horde:
Total: 870/1000
Split into groups of 250 in each space.

Begin battle, activate fortifications that require rolls when needed. Army rules apply.

http://h2h.netne.net/1_breakdown.html






Battle Plan:
  • Each character will be given 25 commoner defenders to lead into battle. This represents a squad. You and your squad will inhabit the same square. If you have additional troops. You may use an officer/follower character from your life path to lead them and place them elsewhere on the map.
  • Map Key,
    B: Barricades
    +: Medical Centre
    P: Pitfalls
    S: Spike Trench
    E: Elemental Circle

    List the locations of your fortifictions in your next post. Large Fortifications will take up four squares, small one. And Medium 2.


Spoiler:
 




Summary
At first it was just the ramblings of a few crazy men and women.Dismissed as utter nonsense. And then. The dark cloud in the west began to move. Hunters who left their houses in the morn to hunt for game. Did not return. And for once, the wilderness drew quiet. Then reports began to get more detailed. And could no longer be dismissed as the ramblings of those touched by demon kind. A force of darkness was on the move. And was headed directly for the [Central Passage, J5]. The dark cloud in the distance drawers nearer. And undoubtably without resistance. Whatever horrors travel with it are likely to raze anything in the surrounding areas in their path. Villages. Towns. A call has gone out for aid in defending the populated areas of this land from whatever is to come. Mercenaries. Adventurers. Do gooders. All are prayed for in this dark time.

Posting Rules
Post Locations
No posting order
Bio's frozen by 12 mid (tonight)



Participating Members:
 



Countdown Till Dark King Arrival: 0 Turns

The Darkness is upon you.



-----------------
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Rolls:
#1: Dark Missile
#2: Vicious Strike
#3: Wolf

-----------------
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:27 pm

The member 'Rune' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '[ Perfected ]' :


--------------------------------

#2 '[ Perfected ]' :


--------------------------------

#3 '[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Having missed with his initial attack, anger begin to take hold of the half-breed as he let forth another growl, though it seemed the defenders he commanded managed to begin fighting with the creepers. Advancing forwards to fight along side the defenders, Yuki moves ahead to where his defenders had engaged the creepers. Given the sheer numbers of the foe he faced, Yuki knew he needed to do something on a much larger scale to take out more then a single creeper at a time other wise things were going to go south if he got over run by the zombie like creatures. Shifting his attention, Yuki begin to focus and gather magical energy before he speaks, " Soar and rain distortion. " Yuki chant's. The magic he had been gather quickly shifts to dark magic and forms into two orbs locate behind his shoulders and out from these two two orbs behind his shoulders a total of twenty four small orbs orbs, twelve from each orb, launch from the two orbs and quickly fly into the air before they come flying back down towards the earth and break into three groups of eight black orbs that seek out three individual creepers. Even if the eight missed there mark the first time they would change trajectory and come at there targets once again. As he loosed the magic, he also loosed another Vicious Strike, Yuki also brought his blade forth to loose it upon another of the creepers in a mighty downward angular slash which would, if it hit, slice one of the creepers from upper left shoulder all the way across it's chest down to it's left side and given the size of the blade would possibly cleave the creeper in half if close enough to Yuki.

Still going on the offensive, the wolf let's out a growl as it goes for a creeper. Jumping forwards the wolf goes to pounce onto one of the creepers with its massive size while at the same time going for the creeper's throat with its maw.

Having engaged the creepers in combat, the twenty five would hold there ranks with a wall of shields in front to reply any creepers that may attempt to attack the phalanx, the ten up in the front of the group would also offer some sort of offense in the form of shield bashes with there shields as they hold the line. The row of ten behind the first row would continue to lash out with there spears at the creepers in front of the shield row, striking at creepers that got close in an attempt to take them down. The five in back would provide support to the second row while watching the sides of the phalanx. The group of twenty five would try and remain at the edge of creeper advance and not advance to deep so as to not get swarmed by the creepers.
EXP: 526 / 8815
Location: H31

Yukis's Stats:
Health: 170
Stamina: 124 / 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal
Status Effect: Invigorating Shout (+1 Defense, Strength, Aegis. 2 Turns)

Vicious Strike:
- Damage: 3 (STR) + 2 (WPN) + 1 (TECH) = 6
- Drain: 9

Dark Missile:
- Damage: 3 (INT +1) Each projectile
- Drain: 28
- NOTE: Attack fires 24 projectiles that split into 3 groups of 8 that hit 3 different targets doing 3 damage per projectile.

Wolfs Attack:
- Damage: 2

Possible Kills:
- Yuki: 4 (3 magic, 1 melee)
- Wolf: 1 (melee)
- Defenders: ???

Banner: Blood Red, this color....

Defenders:
- Amount: 25
- Stats:
Health Points: 2,500
Attack: 2,525
Defense: 2,525
Speed: 2,500
Morale: ???
- Bonus: Atk +1, Def/Aeg +1
- Gear: Long Spears, Body Armor, Simple Shields
- Den: 5

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x2
- Long Spears x1 (Large Group, 50 / 75 Used, Yuki's Men, Noah's Men, Lijo's Men)

Pitfall #1
- Location: O 21- 22, P 21-22 (the 4 square block)
Pitfall #2
- Location: Q 19-20, R 19-20 (the 4 square block)

-----------------


Last edited by Rune on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 56
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:59 pm

J17 - Holding the position of observing the actions taking place, Battousai would remain non combative against the approaching horde for the time being. By now he would have noticed the destruction of the land that seemed to come from a small child as well as Yuki’s various attacks; they obviously stood out when compared to normal humans. The observing samurai coupled Yuki’s lust for battle and training with the reasoning for just he was fighting here and wouldn’t think too much on it. From the sounds of things, it seemed as if the child of recognizable power knew Yuki; birds of a feather.

Laughter draws attention and causes a shift of gaze to the elder who seemingly transforms and releases a spell of darkness around him. “Hmm,” emits from the samurai as he realizes that the leader of this group had either drawn supporters into a trap or had been possessed by the darkness himself. Either way, the result ended in a larger number of enemies as well as a figured who seemed to be able to cause destruction on a wide scale.

Having witnessed the things before him, Battousai was left with the decision of what to do and how to act in this situation. Thus far, Battou had remained back to get a good understanding of what all was going on. Now he seemed to have that understanding, but from all indications, it seemed like a fruitless battle for the humans. The enemy seemed obvious though it wasn’t human in form like bandits or disgruntled clan members. From what was just demonstrated by the party leader as well as their demeanor, the abominations didn’t seem to be living in the sense that most people would see it. Though the exact estimate on the numbers would be off, it was obvious that one side was very much so bigger than the other, so a direct attack at numbers that overbearing would seem like a fruitless exercise in stamina and luck. This altercation was occurring on the opposite side of Medius than any of his actual areas of interest were and seemed to be moving west, so among everything that was occurring, the one objective that Battousai could come up with would be to assure that Yuki doesn’t die or get injured in this battle; there was still much use for him. There was a limit to what a mercenary should be paid for; but the samurai wouldn’t know at this point that Yuki wasn’t actually being paid to battle here, it would just be an assumption.

After having observed the reaction of the abominations as it pertained to the party leader, Battousai would be of the opinion that he would be a major target here rather than the multitude of creepers. With that in mind, he would reach to his side and pull out one of his swords, sliding it from its sheath and rotating it in his grip to aim the tip down before driving it partially into the ground. Lifting up, he would bring both palms together and create a hand seal with Jyneil’s chant on his lips. A puff of smoke would shroud the sword and a replica image of Battousai would stand up and out of it (Persona Manifest). Now with a ‘shadow clone,’ Battousai would turn around face the area where the party leader seemed to be overseeing the battle. The other Battousai would then teleport and vanish from sight (Light Flash) with the intentions of getting closer to Yuki.

HP: 100/100
STA: 44/100

EXP: 656 / 2249
Ooc: Thank you, Kitsu; I made a mental note to put my location and lost it somewhere.

-----------------
"I am the Solution."
Jyn'rai Keirosuki [Techs] - Domen'Yun [Techs] - Asei Jyn [Techs]
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:14 pm

»Ventus Secundus|Stg6|Honed
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:14 pm

The member 'Noah' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Honed ]' :
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:20 pm


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 71%
Attributes: STR: 0 [+0.0] INT: IV [+3.0] DEF: II [+1.0] Aegis: IV [+3.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: Performed Dimensio Porta[SHLD6|AOE1] and Ventus Secundus[HP+6]
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing] | Dimensio Porta[7Den|4Posts] | Ventus Secundus[HP+6@40%|2Posts]
Dmg/Status Relay: Noah Regaind 8 Stam
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(O:17-18|P:17-18) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14)
Units: 25 Commoner Defenders [15 @K17 | 10 @H30 with him]

Commoners Attributes: STR: II [+1.0] INT: IV [+0.0] DEF: II [+1.0] Aegis: II [+1.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: I [+0.0]

Theme: Hope's Arrival
Location: Noah: J5(Main):H30(Saga)


It appeared as if his recovery spell didn't work, something that he couldn't afford to let go unnoticed. When he still felt the slight exhaust from using Dei Iudicium. Noah flew with the spatial orb around him that covered 5 yards all around him, temporarily protecting him from any outside forces that he may encounter. In the midst of this moment while heading towards Yuki's dircction, Noah would hold his hand forward and chant what he chanted before." Blood through which is clense grant me my second wind! ". He attempted to cast Ventus Secundus again so he could recover the stamina he had lost earlier. This was the beginning of the battle and becoming exhausted at this point wouldn't be good for anyone. he continued moving in the direction in search of Yuki whilst his body hopefully recovered. This had to be carried out with much caution, as he wasn't one to allow power to go to his head. Despite the feel that he must have gave off during his entire time there, all he could think about was 2 things which was his plans and how all this would advance them, and then Ana. For a Kami such as himself to think about some human lady like the way he had been was odd in itself. Nonetheless this would create a drive to perform better in battle. Eventually Yuki would come into sight, and followed behind Noah was 10 of his men including Broli. Noah appeared to be flying straight in his direction, an spatial distortion around him which wasn't visible, but the short distance from the ground caused some kind of indication that something invisible was being dragged along it. The guys that remained behind looked the distance and took notice of the creepers making their advancement towards the Elemental circle that Noah had hidden. The Circle was infused with Spatial Magic, Noah's most proficient element. They knew through instructions from the scrolls before on how to activate it, but now they just needed to Creepers to get into position, in which when they did they would immediately activate the Elemental Circle.



Words :: 473 Exp
Gains ::1 TEXP [Earn at 250 EXP in a day.]
Back to top Go down
Lijo
New Recruit
New Recruit
avatar

Rep! : 0

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:22 pm

He found himself on his knees, as suddenly as he realized he was under attack. He crashed down, as fear waded in to his very soul. No, this was not right, or good, or even appropriate. Not for a man of his stature. Alicia's words rang in his head, as his mind raced, trying to process what things he could. Fear... fear could be analyzed. It could be understood. His knees, trembling as they were in the earth, made him wish he'd taken time out to think that perhaps, there would be something out of his league here.

He was terrified because of these creatures. They triggered a primal response in him. Them? No, he'd seen worse. No, it was a noise. That shriek had rendered him all but incapable of thought. Motion, perhaps, was superseded, but his mind began racing like clockwork. He fluctuated in his position.

Magic was an explanation. They terrified him because that was their job. To distract him. Without orders, his men would be in as bad a shape as he.

He still couldn't get his trembling limbs to react right. He started by focusing on individual muscle groups - starting with his tongue and mouth.

"Auch foo you... sen... go..." His words were nonsense, but he was making them, and that was the start he needed. Command of his body was not complete, but he could get things back in working order. "Stay. Back." He called, loudly.

"STAY BACK! Away from the King! Defend the area! All of you, move as a controlled unit and engage the monsters on the southeastern border. Be careful, do not allow them to get on two sides of you!" His voice was sharp, and metered. He could not move yet, but, he could do as much.

"Use the land to your advantage!" He shouted, again, as his fingers and toes steadily started to move once more.

( 352 EXP. +1 TEXP, 2nd thread of the day. 2nd post of the day. Units are moving towards M21.

Pitfal locations are KL21-22, and KL25-26. Misinformed about their layout, I thought it was only two spaces. )
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 pm

First things first, Iskren anticipated that he'd have to be taking a lot of hits. Better he take it than his weaker men who didn't know how to regenerate.

Thusly, he began murmuring a series of incantations. Over several seconds, a change came over his body. First, his skin became covered in scales like a dragon's, though they were white and irregularly marked with spots much like the fur of his hyena form [Dragon Scales, Perfected]. Next, he would chant again, invoking the Old Gods of the stories he was told as a mere cub. Perhaps they existed, perhaps not, but the frosty aura about the man coalesced on his skin, forming a frosty barrier anchored between the scales [Shield of Keuakepo, Perfected]. Finally, he would reinforce that armor with another long chant that covered large sections of his flesh in segments of sheet ice that were nonetheless flexible enough for him to retain movement, and easily carried with his great strength [Relv Taastus, Perfected].

All in all, it took a solid three seconds for him to cover himself in ice, and when that was done, the wind about him picked up perceptibly. He would have appeared as a massive, intimidating hyena, but for the sake of leading these men and the sake of using his full power, he wanted to retain a human form [Third Form, Mastered + Transformation, Mastered].

So he kept his weapons in his hand and turned a baleful eye towards the laughing elder. He needed to go down, of course.

"You all, come with me, but stay behind. Also, be careful in that moat..."

Provided nothing went wrong with his spells, he'd move to challenge The Elder, but he'd keep his guard up.

Location:
> Iskren: Leaving F19 to L16 (Engaging Elder) - 25 Commoners Med. shields, Med. spears (50% +1 Attack, 50% +1 Defense)
> Run: F21 - 26 NS Units
> Builders: K16 (Hiding)
> HP/STA/Den: 200 (+20 per turn)/151 (-6 per turn)/3 + 6 + 5 (14)

[ EXP: 345 ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques


Last edited by LittleMariko on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited in the results of my roll :3)
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 pm

The member 'LittleMariko' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '[ Perfected ]' :


--------------------------------

#2 '[ Mastered ]' :


--------------------------------

#3 '100 Roll' : 47, 97, 13, 87
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:48 pm

So much had happened in such a short span of time. Run, the commander of Iskra's other forces, found that suddenly he was in the back when his orders were to be in the front. Namely, it seemed the enemy was in his own camp, and he hadn't been told what to do. The dark figure on the other side of the moat had thrown things in a bit of confusion, since his boss seemed rather determined to just walk up to the guy and punch him in the face like he had Alicia's dog.

Then again, the attractive man with the horns was behind them as well. Perhaps he should stay and fight the creepers creeping up on the compound?

Well, they wouldn't be a threat anytime soon. They'd get stopped by the barricades or the moats or the various traps and plans that the others had set.

At times like this, he needed to show leadership and initiative, he supposed. Besides, he'd rather be reinforcing the cute one.

But he didn't rush in right away. After all, the others would need someone to cover their rear and ensure that the creepers from the outside didn't work their ways in.

And so, he asked their troops across the moat and stood by in the background, ready to engage when the opportunity should present itself.

Location:
> Iskren: Leaving F19 to L16 (Engaging Elder) - 25 Commoners Med. shields, Med. spears (50% +1 Attack, 50% +1 Defense)
> Run: Leaving F21 to K19 and idling - 26 NS Units
> Builders: K16 (Hiding)
> HP/STA/Den: 200 (+20 per turn)/151 (-6 per turn)/3 + 6 + 5 (14)

[ EXP: 247 || +1 TEXP (5th post) ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:09 pm


March of the Dark King
As the rolling stench of darkness reached her, Alicia spun on her heel, catching sight of the eight foot tall crimson-robed individual almost immediately. He had made it fairly clear fairly quickly of who exactly he was before launching some spell or another at the units around him- engulfing them in some sort of darkness spell. The monsters outside of the compound began to tremble and shake, as if driven into some sort of frenzy by the appearance of their master.

Of course the Dark King was in the middle of their ranks- that made all the sense in the world right now. She can't say that she didn't see something like this coming- after all, she had never met the strange elder before and he had seemed off to begin with- but she had never suspected that he WAS the Dark King. A soldier of his- maybe, but not THE ACTUAL Dark King. How no one had realized sooner was beyond the Knight- but she supposed she did not know either- even if she did think the man was off originally.

Most of her men still seemed to be frozen in fear- though a few were trying to get their buddies to snap out of it. Lias and Reynault also appeared to be rather terrified and immobilized, though Kess was still firing arrows into the oncoming horde. And of course Gaarm was okay- but he couldn't rush out to attack the monsters on his lonesome- as that would pretty quickly result in death. It seemed that Alicia at least was going to have to wait for a few moments to order her men to do anything- which was all well and good with her.

Facing the supposed Dark King, Alicia fitted another arrow onto her bow and took aim. She wasn't quite sure whether or not the King's anatomy was the same as everything else's- but she assumed shooting him in the face would cause problems enough when it came to his chanting- especially when it was twelve arrows embedding themselves into his head rather than just one.

"Hey Big Guy!" she shouted, hoping to get him to turn toward her attack, "Pick on someone your own size!"

She loosed a single arrow from her bow- yet midflight it appeared to produce twelve more bolts from itself- all of which were flying directly toward the Dark King's cowled head. (Silencing Blow STE3/Stun, REP1)

xp: 451 # 6667 xp
+1 TEXP (250 EXP Post)
Health:
100/100
Stamina: 62 - 19 = 43 - 6 = 37/100
Actions: >>Fired Silencing Blow at Dark King
Location: J-20
Attributes:
Strength: +1 (Average ---> Strong)
Intelligence: +2 (Average ---> Abnormal)
Defense: +3 (Average ---> Ascended)
Aegis: +3 (Average ---> Ascended)
Movement: +1 (Average ---> Strong)
Dexterity: +2 (Average ---> Abnormal)


Rolling for Silencing Blow STE 3/Stun, REP 1 (Perfected)

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:36 pm

The member 'Soothesayer' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:07 pm

Saga: Prologue
Level: All (Recommended Levels: None)
Location: Medius (J5)


As Noah activated the elemental seal. Things would begin to get really interesting. That is that the circle began to glow an odd gray colour , the creepers looked down at it, almost as if they were curious as to its use. With that. The large circle activated around them. A massive column of Void magic spilling into the air. Splitting the clouds and marking the same seal of the circle on the heavens. However. Thats when things started to go wrong. It seemed that Noah had activated the circle provided to him by the elder. Thus. The Dark King. It was a well placed trap hidden within fortifications. The seal began to spread out over the entirity of the area.( covers whole map) those with the power of void magic would feel that power being drained from them and into the seal. It began to grow unstable. The creepers within the column of light emerging and shuffling forwards uneffected. The seal itself errupted in a huge explosion of energy that would touch everything on the field of battle bar the King and his minions. ( Elemental Circle: VOID, Effect: All Spatial magic sealed for 24 hours ie) remainder of saga. All PC's are hit by an attack dealing flat damage, see 100 roll below).

The Dark King looked at Iskra who had now approached him. The Creepers, those who had survived the assault against them by Yuki and others. Froze. They then moved inwards at incredible speeds, moving themselves into a formless darkness that shot towards the Dark King. Wrapping around him, Forming an aura of shadow and a pair of huge black wings. ( Shadow Net: Den INT +3). He moved towards Iskra, shuffling under his coat. The arrows shot by Alicia flew true, both hammering into the King's face. However. They moved in, as if sucked in by some unknown force. The moment the King was in reach of Iskra. He grabbed out with a single hand seeking for her throat. ( Triumphant Grasp: DMG = STR+3, BND STG 6)
" You shall soon see, my reach will spread through all the realms. Death. Shall conquer all. "








Information:


Name: The Dark King
Race: Hybrid?
Attributes: Supreme
HP:????
STA????
Strong Against: Dark?
Weak Against: ????
Techniques:
Corrupted Dusk
DMG ( Stage 6, INT +3 ), AOE ( Stage 4)
March of the Great Dark
UND ( Stage 3) AOE ( Stage 5) BSN ( Stage 6)
Shadow Net
SHLD ( Stage 6), MDE ( Stage 3)
Triumphant Grasp
DMG ( Stage 6 PHS), BND ( Stage 6, PHS, STR based)
Location:L16





Name: Creepers [[ Currently Absorbed by Shadow Net]]
Race: Onikonjou?
Attributes: Strong
Strong Against: Dark?
Weak Against: Light?
Techniques:
Shriek of the Forsaken
DRK
Effect: BND STG 3, MLT STG 3, AOE STG 5, SEI: Fearful STG 3
[More to be revealed]

Locations: C29, H31, M31, T30
Numbers in Horde:
Total: 870/1000
Split into groups of 250 in each space.

Begin battle, activate fortifications that require rolls when needed. Army rules apply.

http://h2h.netne.net/1_breakdown.html






Battle Plan:
  • Each character will be given 25 commoner defenders to lead into battle. This represents a squad. You and your squad will inhabit the same square. If you have additional troops. You may use an officer/follower character from your life path to lead them and place them elsewhere on the map.
  • Map Key,
    B: Barricades
    +: Medical Centre
    P: Pitfalls
    S: Spike Trench
    E: Elemental Circle

    List the locations of your fortifictions in your next post. Large Fortifications will take up four squares, small one. And Medium 2.


Spoiler:
 




Summary
At first it was just the ramblings of a few crazy men and women.Dismissed as utter nonsense. And then. The dark cloud in the west began to move. Hunters who left their houses in the morn to hunt for game. Did not return. And for once, the wilderness drew quiet. Then reports began to get more detailed. And could no longer be dismissed as the ramblings of those touched by demon kind. A force of darkness was on the move. And was headed directly for the [Central Passage, J5]. The dark cloud in the distance drawers nearer. And undoubtably without resistance. Whatever horrors travel with it are likely to raze anything in the surrounding areas in their path. Villages. Towns. A call has gone out for aid in defending the populated areas of this land from whatever is to come. Mercenaries. Adventurers. Do gooders. All are prayed for in this dark time.

Posting Rules
Post Locations
No posting order
Bio's frozen by 12 mid (tonight)



Participating Members:
 



Countdown Till Dark King Arrival: 0 Turns

The Darkness is upon you.



-----------------


Last edited by Jack on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:07 pm

The member 'Jack' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '100 Roll' : 17

--------------------------------

#2 '[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 56
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:48 pm

H31 - Coming out of the teleportation, Battousai would appear next to Yuki, but before he could call out any words, it seemed as if there was a wide area effecting spell that had been triggered within the area. The blast almost catches Battousai off guard, as he hadn’t been expecting it. Though he could feel the magical energy spread to his position, the blast seemed to move very swiftly and cause a type of internal or true damage rather than an external physical type of damage. There was a dull pain that accompanied the blast which didn’t seem to affect the enemy whatsoever. After taking said damage, Battousai un-braces to take an inventory of his body to realize that he hadn’t been damaged too badly, though he wouldn’t want to take too many of those attacks if he didn’t need to.

Since he was relatively fine, he would turn his attention to Yuki, being within conversational proximity of him. It was his understanding thus far that Yuki seemed to be in a commanding role over some of the men who were fighting. Speaking to Yuki, he would say briefly to draw his attention to details, “be aware of your surroundings…” His gaze would shift between areas to indicate the obvious. The enemy was to their eastern flank with barricades and pitfalls blocking the ability to retreat to the west. Aside from that, the one who seemed to be the head of the enemy happened to be in the center of the ‘allied’ area. Battousai would offer, “retreat your men north west and merge with another force.” The purpose of this was to increase the strength of two separate forces into one stronger force as well as open an opportunity for a possible retreat north if necessary. The two southern masses of enemy would have to travel the terrain to reach them if they were to move north. Moving on with a nodding gesture in its direction, Battousai would draw Yuki’s attention to the bottleneck between G and J 28 and speak, “ranged units cover by focusing your attack there as the enemy passes through…” It wasn’t soon after this that Battousai would notice the mass movement of the creeper as they froze and then rushed towards The Dark King.

--

L16 - As the dark robed figure is attacked from the front directly, the other Battousai approaches swiftly from the rear. Around the time, that he would reach out for Iskra, other Battousai’s feet would carry him quickly the distance to the robed figure. There would be the sound of a blade being unsheathed as the silent figure would attack from the rear, more of a decoy than anything else. If unchecked, this decoy would shoulder rush into the back of the Dark King, pushing his momentum into the figure for an outstanding +2 damage.

HP: 83(+2 non active post)/100
STA: 44(+5 non active post)/100
EXP: 540 / 2789

-----------------
"I am the Solution."
Jyn'rai Keirosuki [Techs] - Domen'Yun [Techs] - Asei Jyn [Techs]
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:15 pm

»Miraculum Contentio|Stg6|Honed
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:15 pm

The member 'Noah' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Honed ]' :
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:16 pm


Noah
Health: 95%
Stamina: 66%
Attributes: STR: 0 [+0.0] INT: IV [+3.0] DEF: II [+1.0] Aegis: IV [+3.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: Performed Miraculum Contentio[HP+6|MDE3]
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing] | Ventus Secundus[HP+6@40%|1Posts] | Miraculum Contentio[HP+6@60%|3Posts]
Dmg/Status Relay: Noah Regaind 8 STA | Noah Regained 12 HP
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(Used >.>) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14)
Units: 25 Commoner Defenders [15 @K17 | 10 @H30 with him]

Commoners Attributes: STR: II [+1.0] INT: IV [+0.0] DEF: II [+1.0] Aegis: II [+1.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: I [+0.0]

Theme: Hope's Arrival
Location: Noah: J5(Main):H31(Saga)


Noah shot forwards with drive, something that didn't host an evil look or anything. He was attempting to reach Yuki as soon as possible, and after moments the Tall figure of Yuki would come into view. A smirk appeared on his face at his success of locating Yuki, but then something he would have never expected occured. The Circle that he had constructed from the beginning was activated, which created an effect that was against him specifically. The trap of the spell would spread throughout the area and in all direction, basically chasing Noah without him taking notice until it was too late. It would hit up against his barrier first, causing it to break apart in nearly an instant, and then continued onwards towards the flying Kami. His head motioned back slightly before it hit him, causing him to flip in mid air and crash land in an area near Yuki and Battousai. The other guys was hit by this but it didn't do much damage to do. They motioned over in pain, but then recovered before rushing over towards Yuki, Battousai an the Kami that had his face planted in the ground. Broli would lead the men over before stopping before the spot where Noah crashed." Sir! are you alright!? ". They all seemed genuinely worried for the condition of the young boy. Noah struggled to get up but got himself out of the ground. He was now sitting and breathing heavily." What in the hell...just happened ? ". He asked before turning to Yuki. He was glad that he had caught up to him but then he felt like something was off, and he would come to figure exactly what it was." My Magic...something sealed off my Magic with that hit ". He knew this because with one of his spells he should have been able to do it without chants but couldn't do it. He would then try another." Give me strength, Give me life, Give me meaning, Make it right! ". and with that, he would Cast Miraculum Contentio. It would appear that he was still able to cast his support skills." This isn't right! something big sealed away my Spatial magic ".



Words :: 473 Exp
Gains ::1 TEXP [At least 5 Posts in the day]
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:49 pm

Tech Roll

-----------------
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:49 pm

The member 'Rune' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:53 pm

After cleaving through one of the creatures, Yuki's attention would shift from the defeated creature as he turns it to another, his grip on his blade tightening as he sets his sight upon his next victim. With his sight set upon his next victim, Yuki prepares to lift his blade so he can strike down the next target, however before he can do such a thing an explosion of energy erupts somewhere behind him, though this isn't really what causes the half-breed to pause in his attack. What causes the half-breed to falter in his attack is the sudden non physical force put upon his person with enough strength to actually cause him damage and let out a light growl as he takes pause from the damage. In response to the attack upon his person Yuki lets out an angered growl as his rage grows in leaps and bounds. Snarling and growling, the half-breed keeps his attention set upon the zombie like creatures however before he can do anything else he hers a familiar voice. As he hears the voice of his companion, Yuki glances from the creatures and looks to Jyn, or rather Battousai his sensi as he thinks over what he had said for a brief moment. Watching his sensei, Yuki glances to where his companion was looking.

The wolf that fought along side Yuki was also caught in the wide spread wave that caught its master, though unlike it's master the wolf was not as resilient to the damage of the attack. As the wave collides with the wolf it let's out a yelp of pain as it collapses to the ground as the force that kept it in this realm faded away as the wolf dies.

Before he can respond to what his sensei has to say, Yuki's attention is taken by the yelp of his animal companion. Turning his gaze from his sensei Yuki looks to his wolf that had collapsed to the ground having succumb to the attack and died as a result. Before he can even fully react to his animal companion dying Yuki hears the voice of the child that he had joined forces with, though the child was on the ground after having crashed to the earth after falling from the sky. Looking to the child, Yuki only managed to register a few things that he is saying though from what he could piece together in his rage he is able to tell that the child is unable to use some of his magic. Turning his attention from the child, Yuki notices the creepers that had been attacking them begin to move away from them and to the Dark King causing the half-breed to turn his attention to where the Dark King is. As his gaze falls upon the area where the Dark King is, Yuki lets forth a roar of anger " AAAAHHHHH!!! " the half-breed yell's out as his rage begins to overtake him. As he succumb to his rage, the half-breeds demeanor began to change as well as his gaze became more feral. " Battousai take the child and my men and go. " Yuki says in a gruff tone as he looks to his sensei.

While the troops fought against the creepers in formation they are caught off guard by the sudden explosion of energy and wave that strikes them from behind causing them to lose formation. However lucky something seem to be happening to the creepers to make them freeze in place before they begin to rush away, though instead of to the forest they head towards the command center... Turning to watch the creepers the men begin to take up formation again, though as they do so they catch sight of there commander and as he lets out the roar of anger they take a few steps back. Remaining a few paces away from there commander the men watch and listen and when he makes the comment to Battousai about taking them with him they glance to the white hared male as they await there orders.
EXP: 725 / 9540
Location: H31

Yukis's Stats:
Health: 153 / 170
Stamina: 114 / 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal
Status Effect: Invigorating Shout (+1 Defense, Strength, Aegis. 1 Turns)

Tech Used: Feral Rage

Feral Rage:
- Effects: physical and magical attacks +1, but their defense will be weakened -1
- Drain: 10
- Duration: 5 posts

Banner: Blood Red, this color....

Defenders:
- Amount: 25
- Stats:
Health Points: 2,500
Attack: 2,525
Defense: 2,525
Speed: 2,500
Morale: ???
- Bonus: Atk +1, Def/Aeg +1
- Gear: Long Spears, Body Armor, Simple Shields
- Den: 5

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x2
- Long Spears x1 (Large Group, 50 / 75 Used, Yuki's Men, Noah's Men, Lijo's Men)

Pitfall #1
- Location: O 21- 22, P 21-22 (the 4 square block)
Pitfall #2
- Location: Q 19-20, R 19-20 (the 4 square block)

-----------------
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:39 am

Iskren found himself taken slightly off guard by the weird man actually approaching. Naturally, the demon attempted to dodge the weirdo reaching his hand out to his throat, bringing his scythe up protectively at the last minute. Hopefully he would hop back fast enough to avoid the surprisingly swift old man.

[ EXP: 64 ]

( If roll < 25, dodge | If roll < 50, block )

* Justification for bonus: Throat = very narrow target


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:39 am

The member 'LittleMariko' has done the following action : Dices roll

'100 Roll' : 46
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:05 am

Unfortunately, the withered old fart managed to outspeed Iskren through some vile sorcery, or so he assumed. Vile sorcery always seemed to accompany these weird types. Death will consume all. Really? That's generally how things went in nature, after all. Things were born, they lived, they made new things, then they died. Of course death would consume them. What was he talking about?

The commoners that had been behind and all about the two men decided that they should probably attack or something, and went at the Elder's shield for all that they were worth (Attempted to break Elder's shield). Fortunately, Iskra had been shielded herself somewhat by the ice and hadn't been quite hurt yet, though she could see where she might be injured if she remained in this "trap".

"I guess it will conquer you too..." he murmured, quickly growling out a chant at partial strength in the hope that it might affect the man. Hooves couldn't hold her throat, after all.

Thus, he cast a spell that he'd come to cast only infrequently since he'd arisen to power. It was a simple spell: one that turned men into goats. The urgency of the situation, however, made him cast it a little bit too fast, with only one syllable instead of the several it usually took. [Soul Vertigo, Mastered, Bind Reduced to 1]

Hopefully the several spears had penetrated the defenses of the elder at least once so she could land the attack.

Location:
> Iskren: L16 - 25 Commoners Med. shields, Med. spears (50% +1 Attack, 50% +1 Defense)
> Run: K19 and idling - 26 NS Units
> Builders: K16 (Hiding)
> HP/STA/Den: 200 (+20 per turn)/100 (-6 per turn)/3 + 3 + 1 (7)

[ EXP: 289 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   

Back to top Go down
 
Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» King of the Hill
» white bull dark bull confusion?
» The Lone March Series
» World: Faerie March
» Scarlett King (Finished)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shintheory Role-Playing :: DOR :: Roleplaying Board :: Terra Regnum-
Jump to: