Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:16 am

Saga: Prologue
Level: All (Recommended Levels: None)
Location: Medius (J5)

The one constant in this world, is change. Humans both strive towards it and fight against it. An ever spiralling cause of chaos and disorder that in the end leaves everything warped, distorted. Changed beyond recognition forever. Life. Death. All but opposite sides of the one coin. Different pages. But the same book. To humans this change is like the encroaching advance of thorns, vines and weeds within a garden. An approaching wildness that threatens to extinguish the life and order already set in place. But, nothing can ever remain the same. Sometimes within these thrones, you’ll see glimpses of virtue. Courage. Drive them back! . Loyalty. I’ll stand by you, till the death, as promised. Love. It was always you that I loved, and I want to be here with you at the end. Flowers, beauty among the wildness. But in the end when it advances too far, as part of this disorder. They too must be extinguished. But even driven back, beaten destroyed. Fragments remain. Pages of a book. Life and death. Separated. Virtue once again begins to seed. But within it, disorder flourishes.

For twenty years the people of this world have known what could be considered an age of relative peace. It has only been a short time since the world was birthed from the abortion of the old. And yet this time was enough to spawn a new generation of heroes, adventurers. Potters that would mold the future of the world and its realms. This was however too enough time for the great divide to form itself between the light and the darkness. On the side of the light. There was the beautiful queen of Mare Maris, protecting her subjects and those who would flock to her banner. In realm of Terra she represented a new hope for the world after the intial chaos that had followed the dawn. And on the side of darkness. The enigmatic prophet. Rumours, tales of nightmarish hordes of Onikonjou that gathered in the depths of the southern regions, beasts within the forests, Who hungered for flesh. And of their leader. One who had seen a glimpse of what had came before. And sought to use this insight into the past. To shape the future. Albiet in his own image. Yet. There were also others who sought power. And this the story of one such person. A human, pitted against gods in a struggle for supremacy. Yet when faced with such odds. It is seldom one remains on the path of morality.

The Dark King was no new born to this world. Like others he had awakened after the dawn. And had been part of that great confusion that followed. Man against man, man against beast. Beast against beast. Spirit against all. Those days of survival were long and harsh. And would do well to shape what he would become. He was stronger than the others, thus in this strength he found those who were willing to follow him. And using those followers. He crushed opposition and set himself up as the sole dictorial ruler of the region he now dubbed " The Core". Ruthless, cruel even. The Dark King believed that his strength gave him the right to rule. But as with all things in chaos. Change is constant. And the Dark Kings strength began to wane as the years went on. His subjects were not blind to this. And with greedy eyes, sew rebellion in his ranks. There was an uprising. Albiet a brief one. During which the tyrant king of The Core, would become the " Dark King of the Core". There are many rumours surrounding just what changed about him. Some say that he truely was never mortal at all. Some say that he sold his soul to a demon. As with all things the truth often belongs beyond that. Hidden among the lies. Regardless of how it happened, in the midst of the rebellion the Dark King emerged reborn, with a new power over the darkness and the creatures who dwealt within it. An army of numberless minions who through claw and fang put down the rebels.

Word of the Dark King and his exploits rarely escapes his lands. Those who speak of those creatures of nightmare that stalk his kingdom as his eyes and ears. Are often dismissed as mad. Assuming they had returned at all. Within his Kingdom. He sat upon his throne of skull and bone. Casting his eyes out into the world. And as his vision grew broader. So did his ambitions. Word reached to him about the Prophet. Capturing and torturing one of his minions to reveal the secret of the Prophets vision. A fragment of power. A remnant from the old world. And so the Dark King knew what he needed. What he wanted. Once again, he cast out his human soldiers into the world, spies and scouts to infiltrate the civilisations out there in an attempt to find one of these fragments. And after his long search, the labour has begun to bear fruit. One of his scouts had found something. But in a brief flash of light, the eyes of the Dark King had been blinded to his fate. Now for the first time, the forces of this King are on the move to claim the fragment of power.



Summary
At first it was just the ramblings of a few crazy men and women.Dismissed as utter nonsense. And then. The dark cloud in the west began to move. Hunters who left their houses in the morn to hunt for game. Did not return. And for once, the wilderness drew quiet. Then reports began to get more detailed. And could no longer be dismissed as the ramblings of those touched by demon kind. A force of darkness was on the move. And was headed directly for the [Central Passage, J5]. The dark cloud in the distance drawers nearer. And undoubtably without resistance. Whatever horrors travel with it are likely to raze anything in the surrounding areas in their path. Villages. Towns. A call has gone out for aid in defending the populated areas of this land from whatever is to come. Mercenaries. Adventurers. Do gooders. All are prayed for in this dark time.

Posting Rules
Post Locations
No posting order
Bio's frozen by 12 mid (tonight)



Participating Members:
 

Begin!

At the central passage there are some men chopping down trees, a few of them look like commoners. Villagers who have just grabbed the nearest tool they have to hand. By the looks of things though they were begining to set up fortifications in the slim hope of stopping the advancing horde. However if the rumours are to be believed about what is to decend upon them. Then they will be obliterated without help. A man in the middle of the group however looks the most organised. He is wearing what appears to be a robe of some kind. And may be a priest. Or even a mage. Whatever he is, the man seems to be the one leading this rag tag group of defenders. His eyes scoured over a map laid upon a table, hands on either side. Eyes moving up every now and again to bark orders at someone. As soon as he sees you. For the briefest moment, there is the flicker of a smile ( or was it a grin?).

" Excellent, I thought our call for aid had gone unheeded. I assembled these men in the hopes that we may drive back, or at least divert whatever dark force draws near. I think we do have some time before it is upon us. So I am preparing what I can using what we have....your help in these things would be welcome indeed". .

Fortifying the Land
Building fortifications will give you a better chance in the upcoming battle. They are however. Optional.

Barricading: Wooden spiked baracades that whilst provide minimal protection, may give that slight edge in battle required. [ Adds +1 to Ranged Units in Army, additional + 1 for each increase in size.]
Pitfalls: Placing pitfalls along the expected route of the dark force may reduce enemy unit numbers...[ Chance of Reducing enemy units, number depends on roll and size]
Spike Trenches: The placement of trenches could provide a significant reduction in the speed of the enemy advance. [ Speed reduction determined by roll]
Medical Post: A dry area with gathered herbal mixes to treat wounds. [ Provides a +20hp/stamina recovery use to the person who built it ONCE during battle , only one can be built per member]
Elemental Circle: The elder/priest/mage has provided a scroll which details a method in which to build a magical circle in which an element can be enfused. Crafting one of these will generate an effect based on the magical package used to infuse the circle with power. Effect revealed when used]

Sizing: Fortification sizes, Small ( 500 words to complete), Medium ( 1000 words to complete) and Large ( 1500 words to complete). Increasing the sizes of the fortifications increases their effects. Building one fortification, regardless of size takes up one turn. Increasing the size of the fortification will increase its effects once over. Ex) Large Medical Post will heal +60hp/Sta once.

Timing: 1 fortifcation built = one turn regardless of size. When I post, that entire turn however is considered over, and if you missed a chance to build a fortification in that turn. You do not get it back.

::::Note:::::
Those with troops, and bringing troops. List the numbers brought to the battle with your posts.


Countdown Till Dark King Arrival: 3 Turns






-----------------

Smooth Criminal
U Mad Bro?
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:18 am


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: STR: I [+0.0] INT: V [+4.0] DEF: I [+0.0] Aegis: III [+2.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: ---
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing]
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle |
Theme: To be King
Location: Noah: J5


Rumors Rumors Rumors. Something that often brought some truth to them, and when this celestial being heard of it, He could not help but be drawn in. Quite a bit had happened on his adventures, things that changed his view on things, including seeking to assist the Humans in whatever they were going through. There was another factor acting on this asides from him being a Kamikonjou, because despite his classification, he carried the aspects of a Oni, being very manipulative and merciless in every sense of the word. This inidividual was named Noah, and the factor that had him acted on doing good for others were the other individuals inside him. At the moment there were 6 known individuals, and majority of that 6 possessed good natures. They shared their experiences since the unsealing from the tomb, and helped in terms of decision making. Noah, who was the owner of the body was now in control until the next time certain events occured to change that. Despite having full control, Everyone within had a say so in what occured in order to satisfy everyone. Noah was some what near the location, and as he traveled by foot, he found himself in a heated discussion with the other individuals within him. Around this point there were aware of the presence and the rules regarding utilizing the body. (Noah: Seriously ? you all believe that helping these people will help in my ambitions?) Noah was quite frustrated how a simple curiosity which brought them there led to them now trying to help them. (Sophia: I don't know what your plans are, but we cant simply allow trouble to go unnoticed. We must do everything in our power to Assist them). Sophia was the newest member to the members that learned of the other presence within the Celestial body, and therefore wasn't too connected with the mental network that they shared amongst each other. (Rachael: You can tell she's new) Rachael was the badass female of the group, and often made fun of the new comer Sophia for being hopelessly Naive in almost every situation. (Balthazar: Don't make fun of Sophia. In my eyes you all are New...and her sense of doing the right thing is quite admirable). Sophia looked over to Balthazar, the oldest member and possibly the wisest. He from time to time defended Sophia due to the chivalrous nature that he possessed. Not much was known about him asides from that nature so he was considered an Enigma. (Prometheus: Gra! I don't care about helping them. Doing this will help you Noah...We'll become well known as it should be. The things you aim to gain is your Birth rite! With this we'll become Famous, get ladies, Monies, and Power! those alone are reason enough to help these pathetic fools). The discussion went on further, to no end. (Balthazar: Prometheus one should control that greed. One day it's going to be the death of us all sad to say). All of the got slightly silent for a moment before Prometheus lashed back at him. (Prometheus: Says who? You ? an old fart who spend most of his time in the confines of this pathetic body!) And with that Noah would interrupt.(Noah: Pathetic body!?) Prometheus didn't allow Noah to stir him away from what he was going on about. (Prometheus: When was the last time you even seen the daylight huh? You never take any moment to take control when it comes. You just sit here drinking your damn Tea like everythings all good! You fucking piss me off sometimes). Balthazar just continued drinking his Tea, and moments afterwards brought the cup down. (Balthazar: Do you really expect me to go back to back with you on this. We're discussion rather to help these people or not. Even though we traveled all the way out here, Noah could just Warp home if he decides to not help them so it's important that we get this cleared now. I'll entertain your little anger issues later when there is nothing else to do). Prometheus turned his head and shrugged his shoulders. (Balthazar: Anyways, We'll go around and see what each of us really feel, and then decide then. Let's start with you Rachael...). Everyone became silent and turned their attention over to Rachael who seemed to be just sitting back in a comfortable manner. (Rachael: Look We have no personal connection to this thing what so ever, and people face darkness every single day. People die and all that other stuff. I don't see why would would even help when Noah's goals revolved around Mare Maris. Now if one of you could link this to assisting in what he's heading for and how it would actually benefit all of us, not just Noah then Im on board). The next one to speak would be Balmung, who carried a similar idea like Sophia. (Balmung: You know Rachael you are indeed an interesting individual. I would have thought you would be more compassionate since you're a Woman. We have to help them no matter what. To let innocents die is something that I can't sit by and let happen. Also people have been known to be appreciative of such natures so chances are you will benefit from it). Sophia would nodd as she agreed with Balmung. Prometheus actually thought about what Balmung said and nodded as he agreed with him as well. (Prometheus: The Prince boy got a point. Either way Im in with this). While the minds made their judgements between each other with in the mental confines of the Archangel's body, Noah just continued walking, taking in the area as he always did when traveling. His mind in itself was like a save point, for once he had been there, he could return there whenever he wanted. Some time would pass before they all made their decision. Majority rule for going to assist the people, which Noah became okay with once he heard how this would help in his ambitions. There appeared to be alot of people working on various things, which was obviously there to stop the forces that would be soon to come. He approached the people and decided that he would assist in this too as it could benefit him in the long run. Some of the individuals looked at him with a look that showed that they werent expecting a little kid to come to the call. He looked like a well groomed little kid that gave the feel of a son that belonged to a high class family. This was dress shirt, vest and even dress shoes. A Kami protecting others was not a big thing, but a little human kid or so everyone would think, protecting people was just something on its own. Despite some of the looks, he continued on and began getting to work on one of the structures. The thing he was fortifying first was The Elemental Circle, something in which he was sure that he would need if things got a little too bad. The way that it worked was unique in which would utilize the element infused in it. In order for Noah to do the stuff, he needed to be in his Archangel Form, which had no different appearance, just change in capabilities. He Drew the lines instructed by the scroll which appeared like some kind of Alchemic Circle. Within the huge circle was a bunch of other symbols which is utilized in the transfer of the element and then amplifying it to produce a possibly different effect. Fortifying the circle took quite some time, but eventually it was done, which gave Noah some sort of Satisfying feel when doing it." Alright... Done with the circle. Now the other things that would possibly benefit me is the setting up a medical ward for myself as well as building some kind of thing that would hinder the enemies. Pitfall would work nicely in reducing the numbers, but then again I could go with making spike trenches in which would slow down the enemy, giving me time to off them myself ". It would appear as if Noah was talking to himself, in which in most cases often helped him think.



Words :: 1520 Exp
Gains ::1 Large Elemental Circle
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Having heard rumors of a horde of darkness massing in the west that had begin moving, Yuki drew upon his past experience with rumors about a dragon that turned out to be true and with the assumption that this rumor may indeed be true as well, he set out to offer his assistance in dealing with whatever this threat my be. Calling upon dark magics, Yuki summons one of his kin, a large wolf to be his mount and carry him forth on his travels.

The half-breeds traveling takes him to what appear to be a massing of humans working to build up defenses against the approaching tide of darkness that threatens the land. As he arrives, Yuki shifts his gaze, glancing around for a brief moment before he climbs from the wolfs back and reaches out, lightly patting it on the side, " Wait here. " He says, giving the wolf a simple command before he begins to move forwards. As he moves forwards, Yuki bumps into one of the men that seem to be scrambling around working. Having bumped into the half-breed the man stumbles and falls down, " S-Sorry about that. " The man says as he begins to climb back to his feet. Looking to the male, Yuki shakes his head faintly, " It's alright. Can you tell me what is going on here? " Yuki asks the male. The male looks to Yuki, a bit surprised at the question posed by the half-breed, " We are building fortifications. If you have come to help feel free to start wherever. We can use every able bodied man that comes. Now, if you don't have any other questions I need to get back to work. " He answer's the half-breed before he turns and walks off, scrambling back to work. Watching the male, Yuki gives a faint nod as he thinks over what the male had said. As it turns out it seems the rumors are indeed true and now that he was here, the half-breed thought that it may be in his best interest that he do what he can and help with building fortifications and when the time comes offering his services in battle protecting the people of the land. With a soft growl, Yuki shifts his gaze, glancing around for a moment as he thinks upon what he should begin helping with though he had no idea where they needed the most help... As he shifts his gaze, Yuki notices some men ahead of the main group building fortifications that seem to be playing around in the dirt. Holding his ground for a brief moment, Yuki watches the men before he begins to move, bringing his hand up and giving his wolf the signal to follow him as he begins to move. Getting the signal to follow its master, the large wolf begins to move and follows after its master, catching up to him and following at his side. As he walks Yuki slowly shift his gaze, glancing around at everyone that seems to be working to build fortifications and prepare for what is coming. Making his way to where the men seem to be playing around in the dirt Yuki finally realizes what they are making, pitfall traps to help reduce the total numbers of the force they plan to face. The half-breed comes to a stop and glances around for a brief moment as he comes to the decision that he shall help with this. The wolf comes to a stop next to Yuki and sets its attention on the men digging in the earth. As he glances around, Yuki sets his attention upon a shovel sticking out of the ground not far from him and he moves over to it before grasping the handle of the shovel and pulling it from the ground as he looks back to his wolf, " Come on boy, let's get to work digging holes. " Yuki says to the wolf before turning his attention away from the beast. Turning his attention away from the wolf Yuki glances around once again before he moves over to an open spot not far from the other men digging and begins to get to work. The wolf follows after Yuki as he begins to move and when he comes to a stop the wolf lightly paws at the earth. Yuki looks to the wolf and smirks faintly, " Thought you liked this kind of stuff? Don't tell me your afraid of getting dirty. " Yuki asks the wolf before he sinks the blade of the shovel into the earth and begins to dig up scoops of earth and toss them aside. The wolf paws at the earth a bit more and as Yuki speaks it looks to him and growls playfully at the half-breeds comment before it begins to paw at the earth with more force and start to dig up earth along side Yuki. As he begins to work, Yuki starts to hum lightly to himself as he pushes the blade of the shovel into the earth before he scoops up a clump of dirt and tosses it aside. Working along side his wolf, Yuki continues to dig, working out a good sized hole before he begins to dig down deeper into the earth, with each scoop of earth he tosses it out of the hole as he works his way deeper.

" How deep do you think it should be? " Yuki inquires as he glances to the wolf before turning his attention back to the task at hand. The wolf pauses for a brief moment, lifting its gaze as it shifts its attention to Yuki and lets out a light bark before it turns its attention back to the earth as it continues digging. As the wolf responds with a bark, Yuki nods his head faintly, " Right right, deep enough so they cant climb out then. Well how big do you think it should be? Do we want to trap only one in here or do wanna get a bunch? " Yuki inquires again as he pulls another scoop of dirt from the earth and tosses it aside. Though Yuki had inquired of it again the wolf keeps its attention on the earth as it remains silent while digging. Having expected a response from his animal companion, Yuki glances to the wolf for a brief moment, " Cat got your tongue? " Yuki asks, teasing the canine as he turns his gaze from the wolf. The wolf lets out a growl at the comment before following the growl with another bark as it flings some dirt towards the half-breed. Yuki smirks faintly as the wolf growls at him though with the dirt hits him he glances to the wolf, " Hey, watch where you are throwing that. " Yuki says to his animal companion, " Yeah, I think it would be good to get as many as we could in here... No telling how many there will be. " Yuki murmurs to himself as he continues digging. As he digs, Yuki falls into silence for a few moments while pulling scoops of dirt from the earth and tossing them out of the hole. Finally Yuki breaks his silence as he begins to speak, " Wonder if there are enough people here or if more will come. " Yuki murmurs as he glances to his animal companion before turning his gaze from the beast. The wolf lets out a light bark as it paws away some more dirt. Hearing the wolf bark, Yuki nods his head faintly, " Yeah, if needed we can always call upon our kin. " Yuki says with a faint nod as he takes another scoop of dirt and tosses it from the hole before he stabs the shovel into the ground and lets out a sigh, " Think this is big enough? " Yuki inquires as he glances around the large hole he had dug. The wolf stops digging and takes a moment to glance around again before it leaps from the inside of the hole and lands outside the hole and looks down at Yuki. Yuki watches his animal companion as he jumps from the hole and looks down at him. Looking up at the wolf Yuki gives a faint nod, " I guess it's big enough then. " Yuki says before he begins to act as if he is climbing out while using his ability to fly to help him ascend the wall of the pitfall and climb out of the hole. Once out of the hole, Yuki looks down at it, his gaze shifting over the large hole he had dug, " Now, shall we dig another one? Or do you want to do something else to help? " Yuki inquires as he looks to his animal companion while thinking on what he should do next.
EXP: 1,518 / 1,518
Yukis's Stats:
Health: 170
Stamina: 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x1

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 56
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:17 pm

It would be around the time where Yuki’s domain had been conquered and was in the process of initially being set up; though the area would still be in infancy. As things would have turned out, now to long after taking the land back from the bandits who had previously sacked it, there would have come anecdote through the trade routes and those by passed by that included happenings closer to the direction from which we had come.

Having missed the experience with the dragon, something like this piqued Jyn’s interests. The part about a mass of darkness seemed to be significant in the fact that he still had not found what he had been looking for. Due to the fact that they were currently on the land that Yuki would be charged to cover, Jyn would entrust the area to his and his cohort’s followers to control and begin the up build of the land to allow his redirection of travel.

Regarding this, Yuki would have gone ahead to the event before both Jyn and Dravec. It was Jyn’s believe that if Yuki had gone ahead, then things would be fine. Given Dravec’s ability to warp from one place to another, distance and time wouldn’t particularly be an issue in reaching this area promptly when needed. As such, Jyn and Dravec would remain back an hour or so to handle last minute items before heading out. That day, the same that Yuki would be beginning the assistance of the humans near the rim of the core, Dravec and Battousai would have spoken on the issue of the rumors of the west as well as Yuki’s departure and would be well along their way following along and going to the area of interest and exploring what oddities may be there.

Location: T10B
EXP: 332 / 332

-----------------
"I am the Solution."
Jyn'rai Keirosuki [Techs] - Domen'Yun [Techs] - Asei Jyn [Techs]


Last edited by aѕceпxion on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:13 am


March of the Dark King
It seemed that Alicia had missed an awful lot during her trip into the Dark Tower. What had seemed like a few hours to the Knight ended up being several months- as she had been locked in the mind of Torra- the sentient spirit of the tower whilst she had completed the trials within. But- she had emerged victorious- if about a quarter of a year older than she was when she had entered.

It was only by coincidence that the Knight had found herself within the fortifications preparing for the oncoming demon horde. Alicia had originally set out, after returning to her home shortly to let everyone know she hadn't died somewhere so they could stop fighting over her land, to find Iskra- who was no doubt wondering where the life-debt that the Knight had owed to her had gone. She felt some measure of guilt for this- but hopefully the Hyena Matriarch would understand, seeing as she had a shiny new sword that seemed to be blessed by the old gods themselves. Regardless, she had been wandering about Iskra's lands when she had heard the sounds of shouting and construction- which naturally drew her attention. After exchanging a few words with the strange robed man who appeared to be in charge, Alicia found herself clearing a plot of land where a medical center of some sort could be made.

Anyone who had come across the Knight before would note her rather new appearance should they see her amongst the other laborers in the camp. The fine plate-mail she had used to wear was long gone- burnt to a crisp by the mighty dragon she had faced and replaced by a set of chainmail. Her hair was a rather lot longer too- having been allowed to grow rampantly for several months while she had been locked away in the Tower.

Last but not least was the new blade at her hip- a magnificently crafted weapon that clearly came from a time before the Dawn. The sword exuded a sort of holy glow about it- making everything around it seem right and fine- while giving those who had been touched by darkness a slight feeling of anxiety, though only when it was drawn from it's scabbard. Luckily the thing was still sheathed, lest any of the help here was a hybrid of some sort or a demon unaffiliated with this Dark King fellow.

Alicia sighed as she cleared another section of land with her spade- adding the grass and dirt to the rather sizable pile of debris behind her. She had been hoping to make as much haste as she could to Iskra so she could tell the Hyena why she had been gone so long. With any measure of luck, she'd run into the Matriarch here- at the fortifications, seeing as they were either infringing on, or in rather close proximity to her lands. She only hoped that Iskra was as understanding of her disappearance as the woman had appeared to be of her inability to fight anything that didn't fight like a human. Alicia wasn't entirely sure what she could do if the Hyena was furious with her- probably something along the lines of asking for forgiveness or going out and clearing her land of monsters and bandits- had the Hyena not already done that herself.

She had to pay the Matriarch back somehow.

There was also another issue in the fact that everyone she had seen here of late appeared to be people she did not know in the slightest. This didn't necessarily upset her... it just seemed a bit odd that she hadn't seen any of the warriors she had met while fighting the dragon. Castiel and Athena would have been all over this sort of thing- like lemmings to a cliff.

A short snort escaped the Knight's nose as she continued her grueling work. Lemmings to a cliff. She'd have to write that down somewhere.

She supposed that this was a rather suicidal mission, after all. An enemy of unknown number who had some sort of presumably super-powerful leader and an army of demons, beasts and humans under his command storming through the forest where a few ramshackle fortifications had been made. Even in the wars Alicia had fought in she had always had a rough estimate of how many men their enemies had had (though these were sometimes estimated a bit low by her father- who wanted to see his men fight for their lives when another two hundred more than anticipated men showed up to the opposing side). It seemed that the Knight just jumped from one deadly situation to the next- first the dragon, then the tower, now attempting to fight a losing battle against a demon lord. She had not taken the time to count how many men they had at this base- but she was about ninety-percent sure that it would not be enough, unless the other heroes from the dragon battle showed up again.

After having finished clearing the land- Alicia propped her space against the pile of dirt and grass she had dug up- approaching one of the men who appeared to be inbetween tasks and requisitioning his help to move a few pieces of wood to use for the medical tent. A small, white cat weaved inbetween Alicia's legs as she moved- causing the Knight to almost trip on more than one occasion until they were finished moving the lumber.

Another short sigh escaped Alicia, followed by a small frown. Paguma had proved infinitely useful within Torra's mind- but here he was little more than a slightly-more-mischievous-than-average white cat with striking blue eyes. She had hoped that the demon would have been able to keep his humanoid form after leaving the Tower- but, alas, she was simply left with a cat. Not that he wasn't without his uses- bringing Alicia fish on more than one occasion and having an exceptional sense of direction. She had simply hoped for some more conversation with the cat-man as opposed to meows of varying tone and pitch. A companion rather than a pet.

Thinking of Paguma also reminded her of Inky- the strange ooze/tentacle demon that had also been held within Torra. She still regretted releasing the terrible hellspawn unto the world- free to rape and kill wherever it pleased to. Had she not been so hellbent on telling Iskra where she had gone- she would have taken off after the Oni immediately after picking up some supplies from her house. Alas- that was not the case- and chances were, unless Iskra was willing to be dragged around by her bodyguard- it would be some time until the Knight was able to go after the evil tentacled beast.

Even after she had seen the thing carry away an innocent, if mad, boy- who had by no fault or power of his own imprisoned the demon. Even after she had brought the old man back from death, promising him to find his son.

Alicia shook her head. She had to focus on the task at hand- not the problems ahead.

Wiping the sweat from her brow, Alicia stepped back to admire her work. Sure- it was rather ramshackle, and she certainly wasn't a builder by trade- but a set of medical quarters had been erected, and they would certainly be using them before the compound was overrun with the black horde that was approaching. It was a rather sizable post as well- allowing room for several wounded soldiers and a decent amount of staff- should they have any doctors on hand. All that remained now was to lay a few blankets for the wounded to lay on and to stock the thing with first-aid supplies and a curative magician or two and it would be set.

With a nod, Alicia approached the perimeter of the dilapidated compound- where fortifications were being built. There was still a small amount of time before the enemy forces showed up, and the Knight knew from experience that a well-fortified perimeter was also a well-defended one.

Unless the enemies brought a couple of torches and simply burned down the fortifications with fire.

xp: 1520 # 1520 xp
+1 TEXP (250 EXP Post)
Actions:
>>Built Large Medical Outpost

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 am

Saga: Prologue
Level: All (Recommended Levels: None)
Location: Medius (J5)

The people seemed rather nervous if not greatful that some had arrived to answer their call. The leader of the group in particular seemed amused if not curious about those had shown up to face the threat with those who had choosen to fight. However regardless of who had turned up, the Archangel, the Dark Wolf, or indeed the Knight Alicia. The chances of them winning or even diverting the opposing force were, if rumour was to be believed. Slim at best. But perhaps it didn't really matter. Perhaps the idea that people like this commoners. People with no magic, or weapon talents. Could find courage in themselves to stand up to an unshakable force of darkness. Perhaps in this time of darkness. That single becon of bravery would be enough to spurr others on if they failed. Lightning began to flash in the distance, the dark cloud drew ever nearer. A chilled wind blew through the camp of the defenders. A wind that almost sounded like a muffled scream.Almost.

" We must continue to build! There is little choice! Quickly! There is too much to prepare and too little time to do it. We need spears long ones to hold the enemy at a distance, those with some carving skill be swift. The darkness will not wait. Shields as well. Quickly now!".

There was a rustling from over head. The sound of the trees being moved by something. Birds perhaps. Then there was a caw. Crows clambered out onto free branches and, as the minutes went by. More and more of them seemed to arrive. Their eyes in particular seemed to be watching the three who had just arrived. Only one however was not, this one was staring directly at the Elder. One of the commoners looked up his axe swung over his shoulder. " Bad omen". However in a rather optimistic shrug he got back to work. " Could be worse though, they could have been doves".


Summary
At first it was just the ramblings of a few crazy men and women.Dismissed as utter nonsense. And then. The dark cloud in the west began to move. Hunters who left their houses in the morn to hunt for game. Did not return. And for once, the wilderness drew quiet. Then reports began to get more detailed. And could no longer be dismissed as the ramblings of those touched by demon kind. A force of darkness was on the move. And was headed directly for the [Central Passage, J5]. The dark cloud in the distance drawers nearer. And undoubtably without resistance. Whatever horrors travel with it are likely to raze anything in the surrounding areas in their path. Villages. Towns. A call has gone out for aid in defending the populated areas of this land from whatever is to come. Mercenaries. Adventurers. Do gooders. All are prayed for in this dark time.

Posting Rules
Post Locations
No posting order
Bio's frozen by 12 mid (tonight)



Participating Members:
 

Fortifying the Land
Building fortifications will give you a better chance in the upcoming battle. They are however. Optional.

Barricading: Wooden spiked baracades that whilst provide minimal protection, may give that slight edge in battle required. [ Adds +1 to Ranged Units in Army, additional + 1 for each increase in size.]
Pitfalls: Placing pitfalls along the expected route of the dark force may reduce enemy unit numbers...[ Chance of Reducing enemy units, number depends on roll and size]
Spike Trenches: The placement of trenches could provide a significant reduction in the speed of the enemy advance. [ Speed reduction determined by roll]
Medical Post: A dry area with gathered herbal mixes to treat wounds. [ Provides a +20hp/stamina recovery use to the person who built it ONCE during battle , only one can be built per member]
Elemental Circle: The elder/priest/mage has provided a scroll which details a method in which to build a magical circle in which an element can be enfused. Crafting one of these will generate an effect based on the magical package used to infuse the circle with power. Effect revealed when used]
:: NEW:: Long Spears: Simple poles of wood can be turned into a deadly weapon with little more than a carving knife. Sharpen the tips of the poles to create spear weapons that will enhance the offensive potiental of the commoner defenders. Increasing the size of this package increases the size of the bundle made. 25% of defenders recieve +1 attack
:: NEW:: Simple Shields: Little more than planks of wood strapped together with rope. But its better than taking a claw to the arm. Increasing the size of this package increases the size of the bundle made. 25% of defenders recieve +1 Defense/aegis

Sizing: Fortification sizes, Small ( 500 words to complete), Medium ( 1000 words to complete) and Large ( 1500 words to complete). Increasing the sizes of the fortifications increases their effects. Building one fortification, regardless of size takes up one turn. Increasing the size of the fortification will increase its effects once over. Ex) Large Medical Post will heal +60hp/Sta once.

Timing: 1 fortifcation built = one turn regardless of size. When I post, that entire turn however is considered over, and if you missed a chance to build a fortification in that turn. You do not get it back.

::::Note:::::
Those with troops, and bringing troops. List the numbers brought to the battle with your posts.


Countdown Till Dark King Arrival: 2 Turns



-----------------

Smooth Criminal
U Mad Bro?
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:22 am


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: STR: I [+0.0] INT: V [+4.0] DEF: I [+0.0] Aegis: III [+2.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: ---
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing]
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle | Large Medical Post
Theme: To be King
Location: Noah: J5


The work continued, as Noah wasn't going to let up. Even with all the work Noah didn't gain any form of exhaust due to his forms. Noah being Noah, was quite confident in the possible outcome despite the odds against them. There were a few more individuals there, heroes answering the calls of others. One of these individuals that he noticed was Yuki, though he did not approach him due to the fact that there was work to be done and the time for it was closing in on them. The dark clouds and even the appearance of the crows was a bad omen. (Balmung: Hmm...Yuki's here. He probably won't know that you and I are the same person). Noah closed his eyes and released a smirk. (Noah: Probably not). (Balmung: I wonder what he is doing here though. He's a Mercenary so won't fight unless he's getting paid.) That was what Balmung got before, though something would be pointed out by Noah which would also be true. (Noah: He assisted you without you having to pay him with currency. Maybe there is something else in it for him). Noah motioned over to one of the workers, wondering exactly how to set up a Medical ward. This was a Must for him, even though he had confidence in his own capabilities, he believed that there should always be a backup just incase something fucked up occured.

" Hey...". And before he could ask, Prometheus would interrupt. (Prometheus: Don't go asking for help on how to build a Medic ward. You possess great abilities, Im sure building one will be a piece of cake). Sophia didn't agree with the not asking for help part, but even she herself was sure that they could build a Medical ward. (Sophia: I know we can do it. If we try hard enough and put our efforts together, there is nothing that can stop us from achieving what we're out to achieve). Balthazar simply nodded while drinking his Tea. (Balthazar: Indeed). Rachael looked over to Sophia and shook her head. (Rachael: Are you always this optimistic ? Do you think we have time for little trial and error, or imperfections ? Some heavy stuff is about to go down soon, and we don't have time to be making a mistake from overconfidence or optimism. Noah can ask how it's done, and then build it correctly instead of having to build some crappy shit and then tear it down and attempt to build it again). Being a Celestial being, Noah was able to deal with the mental ramblings of these individuals, though some of the things discussed was quite annoying. (Noah: Rachael is right. I don't exactly have time for that ).

With that, Noah would continue asking the worker near him who had built one already." Hey do the Medical Posts come with some sort of instruction manual ? ". Noah Possessed the abilities to build things effectively, given that he knew how to." It's pretty simple. All Medical posts aren't the same in terms of looks, it could just be an area that possess healing items that can be accessed in a critical moment. You could just pick an Area and gather the herbs and stuff. I just got a little carried away with building mines so it appears that setting one up would need some specific structure plan but trust me, it don't...". The Worker explained, which caused Noah to nod a little." There are some things that you need to know though. The herbs needed are important, as some have various effect. The kind of herbs that you want will heal wounds and release chemicals into the wound that allows the cells to carry air through the body more effectively. Not much of the herb is around though so you have to get enough for only one use, that way there will be enough for everyone else to gather some for themselves ". Noah again nodded as he understood this, and wasn't a greedy individual like the individual known as Prometheus within him." I understand. Thank you very much ". Noah began to walk away as he looked around to see if he could find a spot to set up his Medical post. This wasn't going to be something too far off, some place he could access at anytime when needed too, though in truth there was no place that was too far for Noah.

Noah would find a location further back from where he created the large Alchemic circle, which was somewhat clear. (Sophia: This would be a nice place to set up the medical post. It's not too far from the circle and one could access it if by some chance you're out of Stamina to get there). All of the individuals inside would nod their heads as they agreed on the spot. (Balthazar: Noah, you just better not die in this. A King is not one who goes on overconfidence. It's a blinding aspect that will easily land you 6 feet under...or above...I don't know how it is with Kami's). Noah's expression was quite serious, though didnt hold aggression in it. He knew how serious the situation was, and there was no time for being cocky in any way. (Noah: You're right. I will go at this with my head) (Balmung: Seek the assistance of Allies too. There are others here fighting for the same...well for a different cause but have a common enemy as you. Yuki is here...inform him that you're me, and you have his back. When we fought that Behemoth together, it would have been impossible to engage in that battle alone. This is another situation like that in which you must fight alongside another). Noah possessed quite a bit of pride, but couldn't let wise words go to waste, just as he took Balthazar words to heart, he would also take Balmung's words to heart.

First thing he would do was head towards a Tree, break off the branches on the lower levels of the tree and begin to make them into a straight wooden pole as opposed to cutting down an entire tree. Thats when he realized that He could set his thing up like a little temple, which was fitting to one of his status. Noah would toss the tree branches aside and begin to carve his way into the tree until he was able to cut it down completely. Noah Carved around the tree and evened out the sides, got rid of the leaves and branches and eventually made it into one big wooden column. He didn't possess the physical strength to carry the wooden column, so he got the assistance of one of the workers to help him drag it to one end of the Post set up spot, which would be set up with 4 columns in the formation of a square. This process was repeated 3 other times in order to have the four columns, and within moments the little shrine was created. It was really just the four columns and the inside would be where the herbs was set up. Now Noah had to seek out the herbs within the area, which really wasn't that difficult since there was four kind of herbs within the area where he was, and two of the herbs were what was needed in order to form the compound that would produces the grand healing effect. He had got enough just for the one use, and set them up in the middle of the shrine with other things there needed to prepare the herbs. This would be the final process now, preparing the herbs which wasn't that hard since Noah possessed some experience in healing and knowing the effects that each herb would produce. Within a matter of minutes, Noah would have prepared the compound, which would make that a second success on the list of successful things Noah did today. Evern after this, he possessed no sweat, nor no tear in his clothes that would indicate great stress in anything. " Another thing completed. Got the Alchemic circle completed, Medical Post completed...and now I think there is enough time for one more thing to be made. I don't know though...I could make a large Pitfall, but no telling how effective that will be. The spikes could slow down enemies, but it'll be great to just get rid of the enemies all together...though it'll be bad it there are...". He didn't want to say, so he just remained silent and got ready to work on the next thing, which was Assist in making shields. The Pitfalls could help in making the number of enemies less, but there was no telling how many would fall for it. Then again, there was no telling if the enemy strength far exceeded their own, so maybe building pitfalls would be the best thing.



Words :: 1706 Exp
Gains ::1 Large Medical Post | 1 TEXP [At least 5 Posts in the day]
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:27 am

lick...

lick...

lick...

Yawn.

Iskra enjoyed a particularly sunny afternoon, laying at the zenith of her city atop the roof of the capital building. It wasn't an uncommon activity for her. She often liked to lay there and observe all of the interesting goings on in this curious settlement that somehow managed to assemble under her rule. It grew almost every day. She could count on the little humans below to multiply and propagate themselves and build more... stuff.

But others seldom bothered her in her solace. This was her sanctuary... well, at all other times but today, apparently.

A familiar incubus appeared on the roof. "Evening, Iskra!" he shouted with his usual cheer.

The hyena rolled her eyes. "What do you want, Run?"

At this question, the handsome young devil became visibly agitated, looking over his shoulder as though afraid to be the bearer of bad news. "Well, you see... I've heard... rumors..."

"Rumors?" Iskra yawned and rolled over onto her back, resuming her interrupted viewing of Rasvamaal. "Don't waste my time."

Struggling to redeem himself, the spy took a few steps closer. "But ummm, it's a bunch of evil demons and they're coming right this way."

The hyena raised her back leg over her shoulder and resumed licking the spheres between her legs that served no reproductive function. "I'm busy," she growled once between laps.

Rivers wilted below these words. "But... it can't hurt to at least check it out, can it? I mean... all of this..." he waved once, indicating the city far below. "...it might be endangered if we don't at least know the danger..."

"And that's your job." More licking.

A moment of silence passed uncomfortably.

At length, the beast completed her cleansing and rose to her four feet. "I guess I'm done. We can go check it out. Get some of the militia and my builders. This will be a good exercise for them."

When the woman arrived, it wasn't in her more usual hyena form. In fact, nobody who didn't know the demon well would recognize this form. [Third Form] He was currently a tall, broad-shouldered man with a milky complexion and long, jet black hair down well past his waist, but mostly held out of the way by an elaborate metal clasp that looked somehow icy. The scleras of his eyes were black, even as the irises were a blue ringed with white like a frozen lake. He arrived with a slightly annoyed, though kingly air about himself. This event was obviously an annoyance, and if possible, he'd make the ones responsible pay and it would be disproportionate retribution.

In tow, he had seventy-five builders of various skill levels who were all filled with a vague sort of anxiety about the events. Rumors traveled fast. Though they were frightened of the demons, they trusted their ruler to a large extent and especially trusted the small militia of thirteen soldiers, each with a hellhound, who had accompanied them here. Twenty six was a large number to fight in those days, though not quite an army. It was a sizeable defense force.

The man strolled into the area where defenses were being built with a certain attitude of ownership. "Helge! Victor!" he barked assertively. Two twins stumbled to her side, attentively awaiting directions. "How large do you think this spot is?"
One of the twins, who was already holding a sizeable collection of measures, compasses, and papers in his arms, clumsily pushed his glasses up on his nose, his arm moving fast enough to catch the supplies before they could all fall to the ground. "Ummm... twenty thousand squares, maybe?"
Iskra, or Iskren in this case, frowned. "So how much wall do you think that'd take?"
The other twin answered quickly, having preemptively done the calculations in his head. "Five hundred feet of fencing... give or take a measure, of course."
"Do you think you can get it done with all these people here?"
They shook their heads in unison. The motion caused a paper or two of the burdened twin's to fly about. "It would take us a few days... for a reasonably strong wall at least."
"How about a moat?"
They thought for a minute. "A moat's definitely more doable. I think that there might be a river nearby that we can divert to fill it. If they are truly demons, the water will be handy for helping to extinguish fires..."
"Then see to it that the moat's up before the pestilence gets here."
"Yes sir!"

The directions traveled quickly through the worker ranks, and soon they'd gotten to work digging. Holes were easy. It wouldn't take them long to encompass the entire area in a deep and long trench (75 build points worth of moat, calculations forthcoming).

Meanwhile, Iskra busied herself walking around the fortifications with her few warriors. They needed a job to keep them busy until the real threat arrived.
"Find something to help the builders defend themselves. I don't want them getting hurt by whatever-it-is we're fighting."

> Brought 75 Builders, 13 Human Warriors, and 13 Mystic Beasts. Brought 1 Specialized NPC (Run Rivers)
> Built moat with 75 Build Points
> Got Medium "Simple Shields"

[ EXP: 1028 || +1 TEXP (1st thread) ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:47 am

Having finished the pitfall, Yuki shifts his gaze and glances around for a brief moment as he debates on what to work on next. The wolf with Yuki also shifts its gaze as it glances around the area before turning its attention to Yuki and lightly nudges against him before it pulls away from the half-breed and makes his way over to another area before he begins to paw at the ground. Yuki continued to shift his gaze as he thought on what to do next but when he felt the wolf nudge against him, he shift his gaze and looks to the wolf, watching as it walks off before beginning to paw at the earth. " So we are going to dig in the earth again? " Yuki inquires as he watches the wolf. The wolf paws at the earth pushing away dirt until it hears Yuki speak which causes it to stop for a moment as it lift its gaze and looks to the half-breed. Looking at Yuki, the wolf gives a faint nod of its head before it turns its attention back to pawing at the ground. Yuki watches his animal companion as he seems to give the half-breed a response to his question in the simple form of a nod. " Alright. We shall dig in the dirt again. " Yuki says with a faint nod as he tightens his grip on the shovel while making his way over to where the wolf had begun digging already. Once he made his way over to where the wolf is digging, Yuki takes the shovel and sinks the blade into the earth before pulling out a scoop of dirt and tossing it aside.

" Digging another hole. " Yuki murmurs lightly to himself as he sinks the blade of the shovel into the earth before pulling out another scoop of dirt and tossing it aside. Hearing Yuki, the wolf lifts its gaze and glances to the male for a moment and lets out a light bark at the half-breeds comment as it kicks a rock towards Yuki with its paw as it goes back to digging in the dirt. When he heard the bark from the wolf, Yuki grumbled lightly as he continued to pull another scoop of dirt from th earth and tosses it aside. Though when the rock hit him he paused for a moment and glanced to his animal companion, " Easy there, we are suppose to be working together not against each other. Are you trying to kill me before the fight? " Yuki inquires as he pulls another scoop of dirt from the earth and tosses it aside. The wolf remains silent though Yuki had asked him a question, instead he continues digging. Since he didn't get an answer from his companion he grumbles lightly as he pauses for a brief moment and glances around the area. " I wonder if the others will show up or if we are going to be flying solo for this one. " Yuki says as he slowly shifts his gaze, turning his head to scan the area. As he shifts his attention Yuki notices the crows that seem to be gathering in the trees. " Hey, what do you make of this? " Yuki inquires, glancing to his wolf companion for a brief moment before he shifts his attention back to the crows. The wolf stops what it is doing and lift its head, turning its attention to the crows and as it looks at the crows in the trees it begins to growl at the avian. As his animal companion begins to growl, Yuki glances to him for a moment before turning his attention back to the birds " Yeah, they are just birds. They look like they would be good snack... Sounds good right about now. " Yuki says as his stomach growls in response to the idea of food.

The wolf keeps its attention on the crows as it listens to Yuki's comment about them being good snacks, the wolf lets out another light growl as it turns its attention back to the earth and begins digging again. With his gaze still set upon the crows Yuki listens as his stomach growls again causing him to grumble lightly, " Alright, alright... " Yuki murmurs as he stabs the blade of the shovel into the dirt and releases his grip on it before he reaches into his satchel and fishes around for a moment before pulling out a bit of dried meat. " You want some? " Yuki inquires as he looks to his wolf companion as he brings the piece of dried meat to his lips and takes a bite of it before offering some to his animal companion. As it hears Yuki speak, the wolf lifts its attention and looks to Yuki, his gaze shifting over the half-breed for a moment before glancing to the bit of dried meat Yuki is offering him. The wolf keeps its attention set upon the dried meat for a brief moment before turning its attention from the offering of food and paws at the dirt. Yuki glances down at his animal companion when he doesn't take the offering and gives a faint nod, " Alright. " He murmurs as he retracts his offer and takes another bite of the dried meat. As he begins to chew on the bit of meat Yuki begins to shift his gaze once again, slowly turning his gaze to survey the hole they are digging. Having rejected the offering of food the wolf begins to paw at the dirt once again as it starts to dig again. " I think we need to go bigger and deeper, like the first one. What do you think? " Yuki inquires as he looks to his animal companion as he swallows a chewed up bit of meat before taking another bite. The wolf keeps its attention on the ground as it continues digging while hearing the question from Yuki. The wolf remains silent for a few moments before it finally begins to respond to Yuki's question. Lifting its head it glances around the hole for a moment before turning its attention back to Yuki. With its gaze set on the half-breed, the wolf lets out another bark before glancing around the pit once again before it goes back to digging. Hearing the wolf, Yuki glances down at it for a moment and gives a faint nod " Right right... I think we did forget a step. " He says as he chews on a bit of dried meat, " We will do that when we finish with this one. " Yuki says with a faint nod as he goes back to digging.

As he pulls one final scoop of dirt from the hole and tosses it aside, Yuki finally stops and glances around one last time before letting out a sigh, " Alright. I think its done now. " he says before he begins to climb out of the hole, again using his ability to fly to aid him. The wolf stops as well and glances around before jumping out of the hole and shaking a bit to shake some dirt from its fur. Once out of the hole Yuki stabs the shovel into the ground and glances around for a brief moment, " Now to the part you brought up. Let's go collect some things to cover these holes with. " Yuki says with a faint nod before he begins to move from the hole. The wolf turns and follows after Yuki as he begins to move away from the hole. To help insure the two pitfall's he had just took time to dig with his companion, Yuki decides to gather some branches, limbs, and other foliage to help cover the two pitfall's up and hide the from sight, hopefully, so they will catch the enemy off guard and get a few at least. Helping Yuki gather things to hide the trap the wolf drags along limbs and other things as well for Yuki to cover the two pitfall's up with to hide them, or at least try and hide them from sight. Setting down the last bit of limbs and foliage, Yuki raises to his feet and glances over the two pitfall's he had dug and covered up, giving a faint nod, Yuki glances around once again, " Alright. I believe we are done here, now what shall we get to work on next? " Yuki inquires as he looks down at his animal companion once again to see what he felt they should do. The wolf looks up at Yuki as he asks the question, his gaze remaining on the half-breed for a brief moment before he looks away and glances around to see what others are doing.
EXP: 1505 / 3023
Yukis's Stats:
Health: 170
Stamina: 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x2

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:16 am


March of the Dark King
It was tiresome work, putting together fortifications, and while Alicia was nowhere near new to this sort of thing, it did not change the fact that moving varying amounts of lumber, hammering varying amounts of lumber and making sure various amounts of lumber were actually stable instead of simply looking the part was rather strenuous to the average human being. However- in these last months Alicia had become far from average- learning and mastering several spells- which was more than most common men and woman could have ever claimed to do- on top of unlocking latent powers within herself that she had no idea existed. Not to mention the fact that she had fought a dragon (although she was almost killed in said battle) and she had braved the dangers of the Tower, as mentioned before.

That didn't change the fact that the Knight could use a break.

Peeling away from the fortifications, Alicia found a small post where men were issuing hunks of bread, water and dried meat to the workers. After all- it was rather difficult to build on an empty stomach and a dry tongue. Biting into the thick, hearty dough before taking a relatively sizable swig of refreshingly cool water, Alicia noted the presence of a rather sizable retinue of men entering the compound. Pleased hardly described her reaction to the sudden appearance of about a hundred more men- though most of them were builders instead of warriors. Still- it was heartening to see such a large group of people willing to put their lives on the line to protect the lands here. The Knight was still rather surprised she hadn't seen Iskra show up- especially since this was the Matriarch's land and all- but she figured the Hyena would swoop down from the heavens at some point, laying waste to foe after foe with her icy spells and sharp claws- or something like that.

"Cap'n?"

Alicia turned around with a mouthful of dried meat- quickly swallowing the stuff when she realized who it was. The three mercenaries she had acquired after defeating them and their leader in combat seemed to have found their way to the point of resistance-a fact that Alicia was, once again, more than pleased about. With a sizable grin, she approached each of her men, giving them all sizable hugs and gleaming smiles. "Kess! Lias! Reynault! My friends! I'm glad you could be here to help!" A rather sizable wolf-dog- which was nearly as tall on all fours as Alicia was standing- greeted the Knight as well with a short whuff and a wolfish grin. Some people said dogs couldn't smile- but Alicia begged to differ when it came to Gaarm. She petted the huge animal for a moment, scratching him just beneath the chin (all dogs love that) before taking a step back an evaluating her company.

They had grown since she had last seen them- having missed them entirely when she had stopped by her house to leave a short note as to where she had been and pick up some supplies. According to Tarim, the village innkeep, they had gone out on their own to fight some sort of monster or another in defense of the small town of Brim. Her men looked older- more astute of their surroundings and more at ease with a blade. She let out another grin- pleased that they had continued their training and following the code Alicia had taught them before her long absence.

"Well," she began, looking over her shoulder to see if she could spot where the majority of the tools were being kept. "You've arrived in the nick of time. Not sure how you missed the oncoming forces, but apparently they'll be here relatively soon." Her men nodded in unison in response- while Gaarm yawned loudly over the din of construction, "But, everything we do will help- and every extra set of hands means our fortifications are that much stronger. So- grab a hammer and help people put stuff together. I'll meet you all back here before the battle starts."

Upon receiving a positive response from her men (and a slight growl of affirmament from Gaarm), Alicia quickly finished her lunch and returned to work- her men shortly following her lead after taking some food of their own. While they worked, Alicia recanted her experiences from within the tower- and while most of her men scoffed at such stories at first (ooze demons and rat people? HAH! What tripe!), she quickly put their disbelief on hold when she showed them the brilliant sword she had received from her trials. Ooh's and Ahh's were made at the sight of the beautiful weapon- alongside whistles of awe and even a slight yelp of satisfaction from the normally stoic Gaarm. Her men took turns holding the thing- each of them carrying it as if it were more a priceless artifact than a tool of battle- though Kess did swing it about a few times before returning it to it's master.

All of this was, of course, done while the group worked on fortifications of the perimeter. After Alicia was done telling her story- as well as warning the men of the particularly dangerous mission they would be partaking in relatively shortly (after all, Inky wasn't going to hunt himself) should defending this land prove to be as successful as Alicia was hoping it would be- the men all took turns telling the Knight of the events she had missed whilst inside the Tower. People disappearing in the night and never being heard from again. Lands being cursed and no longer yielding life of any sort. Strange cries in the night, as well as stories of some sort of "Blood Demon" roaming the lands.

Alicia froze at this last statement. She had only seen one Blood mage in her travels- a demon known only as Jack, who's power was nearly unmatched as far as Alicia could tell. Her own blood ran cold as she quickly put two and two together, cursing under her breath. The Onikonjou had been kidnapping people in the night for whatever reason- and had cursed the land nearby the village as well. It was a rather sizable stretch- but he was allies with Iskra- and Iskra did dominate most of the land around the northwestern outskirts of Medius. She half wondered if the Matriarch knew of such things going on within her land and made a mental note to speak with her on it as soon as possible- though the number of debts she would be amassing to the great Hyena Queen was starting to disturb the Knight. Perhaps she would try to handle Jack on her own?

She shook her head- reminding herself of what happened the last time she had seen someone fight Jack one-on-one. In a single, powerful attack the Blood Demon had incapacitated the insolent mercenary Yuki in an instant. It had surprised Alicia by a lot that the half-breed had even survived at all- though she attributed such facts to the dark blood that flowed through his veins. Alicia had a lot of faith in her strength- but not enough to face Jack alone. She'd need assistance from somewhere- and she refused to put her men at risk in such a dangerous mission- not when Jack could kill them with little more effort than it took him to blink.

With a sigh, Alicia decided it was probably a good thing she had missed the initial abductions. While the potential loss of life (probable loss of life- Jack was a sanguimancer, after all) was devastating to the Knight, had she been around to investigate the disappearances immediately, she would have probably met her untimely end as well. Though now...

A slight grin formed on Alicia's features. To pierce an evil heart...

With her men in tow- the fortifications were complete in no time. Sturdy, powerful and large enough to hold several archers atop it- Alicia would probably secure her initial place up atop the wall she had helped construct. Her men, it seemed, had also continued their training with a bow to some extent- thus making it necessary to build an additional wall should Alicia want to participate in the initial volleys against the oncoming hordes as well. She supposed she would probably be better suited amongst the front lines of the battle rather than in the back launching arrows- but she also wanted to remain alongside her men so she could rely on people she knew rather than people she did not. It was just as important to have strong synergy with the people you were fighting alongside as it was to have powerful weapons and strong fortifications; as one was more likely to fight harder should they be battleing with a friend at their side that they knew and cared about. Dorn, if nothing else, had gotten that bit right about his armies- though there was certainly a reason he had been hailed as a master tactician and a great leader before his death.

It occurred to her then that things were rather unorganized around here... Ramshackle fortifications and posts were useful, yes- but if anyone wanted to survive this thing, they would need some pre-thought out tactics and combat maneuvers- as well as a steady formation and strong defensive line. It was practically suicide to ignore strong communication and strategem, especially when facing forces as large as the ones they supposedly would be. Frowning at these revelations, Alicia clambered atop her fortifications and cleared her throat, sweating slightly as she shouted above the din in an attempt to get the attention of the workers and men.

"HEY EVERYBODY- LISTEN UP!" sweat beaded on her brow, but she kept her composure. Gaarm let out a rather loud bark in an attempt to help Alicia get the attention she needed, "It has come to my attention that we may or may not have a battle plan for what's coming. Now- if we've got one- that's all well and good- I'd like to be told where I can place my men and where I will be needed most. If we don't have one- I'm asking anyone with tactical knowledge to meet me in the center of the camp so we CAN have one." She coughed lightly into her hand, regardless of whether or not she had garnered anyone's attention from her shoutings, "Thank you for your time..."

By now, her men had completed an additional smaller fortification should Alicia end up having to stay behind and fire projectiles into the heads of the horde of foes rather than cutting through them with her blade. Regardless, she decided that she would make it a point to fight alongside her men rather than not- unless there was absolutely no other option.

If she were to die today, she would die in the company of friends, not strangers.

xp: 2090 # 3610 xp
Fortifications Built:
>>Large Barricading +1
>>Small Barricading +1
>>Large Medical Outpost (1)
Men: >>Kess, Lias and Reynault (Mercenaries, NS units)
>>Gaarm (S Unit- Tracking, Hunting, Beast Melee)
Actions:>>Attempted to get people's attention to set up a battle plan

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:38 am

Iskren frowned.
Mostly because something up front had gotten his attention, and it wasn't the quick request for direction.
The demon made his way quietly to the front, as though preparing to talk to Alicia...
...before pulling his arm back and punching the dog in the teeth.
It wasn't a gentle punch. The gesture could have easily displaced a 700 pound boulder.
"You were the one pissing all over my land," the man continued, as though discussing poor weather.

[ EXP: 97 ]

-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:37 pm


March of the Dark King
In an instant- Alicia was at her pet's side, placing a palm on his broken maw and muttering a short chant under her breath.

"Hielen."

A white light shone beneath the Knight's hand for an instant- and Gaarm's jawline quickly recomposed itself. The wolf-dog eyed the strange man angrily, though he did not growl or attack him; knowing full well it would simply end in another punch to his face.

Alicia, however, had no such qualms. Once she was sure her pet had been restored, she turned her baleful gaze to the man who had so unceremoniously socked Gaarm right in the kisser. She recognized him as the leader of the hundred or so men that had entered the camp a short while ago- but that simply did not justify his actions. However, tearing the jerk a new hole would have been counterproductive- as it was simply because of his good will that the camp was much more heavily fortified than before and had two hundred extra hands to hold a hammer or blade with.

Thankfully, years of practiced composure had given the Knight the ability to not retaliate with force when someone pissed her off. Though just barely.

"If you would be so kind," she growled at him through gritted teeth, "Please do not punch my dog in the mouth again. I will be needing said mouth to keep people from stabbing me in the throat."

Taking a deep, steadying breath, Alicia shooed Gaarm away, who gave the girl a disparaging look before doing as she bid. "Beating the hell out of my companions aside- there must be something else you want Sir...? I am sorry- I do not know what you are called."

xp: 330 # 3940 xp
+1 TEXP (250 EXP Post)


-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:15 pm

"Iskra," the man answered flatly. Indeed, if Alicia had said anything that didn't sound one hundred percent respectful, there might have been a rather nasty assault on his part, but a soft answer turns away wrath.

And so, Iskra turned away with a cool disinterest. There were other things to be overseen, after all, but mini-managers had emerged among her ranks, and there really wasn't that much to do outside of waiting for whatever the crows were ominously implying to show up.

Well, that or he could catch a crow or two.

Iskra's pet incubus crept up near the woman with such silence and a meek demeanor that he might not have been noticed until he took it upon himself to apologize for his master. "I'm sorry, ma'am. It's the whole impending village attack thing, probably. Is your doggie okay?"

[ EXP: 166 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Saga: Prologue
Level: All (Recommended Levels: None)
Location: Medius (J5)

The people continued to work despite the drk cloud now almost being upon themm. However regardless of this seemingly single minded determination of the commoners. There did seem to be the odd twitch of fear that would cause them every now and again to look upwards at the Cloud. However it seemed the arrival of the male Iskra with quite a few more troops eased their minds considerably. The fortifications were doing well. And when the enemy did arrive they would find themselves in quite a bit of bother.More so now because of the moat that Iskra had apparantly ordered built by her workers. Things were going well. Right up till the scream occured from one of the far sides of the camp. From a team building pitfalls near Yuki. If one would look up in time they would see a man being dragged into the bushes, the only indication of what was doing it. A pair of glowing yellow eyes. Then. The sounds of eating. The other workers began to back away from the edges of the foliage and in towards each other. Like cattle forming together for safety in numbers. The elder gathered his staff and looked at the flock of men.

" The darkness comes soon! Make your final preparations, I feel many of you will have more experience in war than I. So your opinions with what to do with our men are welcome indeed "

The elder displayed the map, following what had been Alicia's suggestion to make a battle plan. The map seemed to be drawn to a scale adding in a few bits of what appeared to be arrows representing the likely path of the enemies route towards you all. It would at this stage be a good idea to add in the locations of your fortifications. And come up with your own counter strategy.

Battle Plan:
  • Each character will be given 25 commoner defenders to lead into battle. This represents a squad. You and your squad will inhabit the same square. If you have additional troops. You may use an officer/follower character from your life path to lead them and place them elsewhere on the map.
  • Map Key,
    B: Barricades
    +: Medical Centre
    P: Pitfalls
    S: Spike Trench
    E: Elemental Circle

    List the locations of your fortifictions in your next post. Large Fortifications will take up four squares, small one. And Medium 2.


Spoiler:
 




Summary
At first it was just the ramblings of a few crazy men and women.Dismissed as utter nonsense. And then. The dark cloud in the west began to move. Hunters who left their houses in the morn to hunt for game. Did not return. And for once, the wilderness drew quiet. Then reports began to get more detailed. And could no longer be dismissed as the ramblings of those touched by demon kind. A force of darkness was on the move. And was headed directly for the [Central Passage, J5]. The dark cloud in the distance drawers nearer. And undoubtably without resistance. Whatever horrors travel with it are likely to raze anything in the surrounding areas in their path. Villages. Towns. A call has gone out for aid in defending the populated areas of this land from whatever is to come. Mercenaries. Adventurers. Do gooders. All are prayed for in this dark time.

Posting Rules
Post Locations
No posting order
Bio's frozen by 12 mid (tonight)



Participating Members:
 

Fortifying the Land
Building fortifications will give you a better chance in the upcoming battle. They are however. Optional.

Barricading: Wooden spiked baracades that whilst provide minimal protection, may give that slight edge in battle required. [ Adds +1 to Ranged Units in Army, additional + 1 for each increase in size.]
Pitfalls: Placing pitfalls along the expected route of the dark force may reduce enemy unit numbers...[ Chance of Reducing enemy units, number depends on roll and size]
Spike Trenches: The placement of trenches could provide a significant reduction in the speed of the enemy advance. [ Speed reduction determined by roll]
Medical Post: A dry area with gathered herbal mixes to treat wounds. [ Provides a +20hp/stamina recovery use to the person who built it ONCE during battle , only one can be built per member]
Elemental Circle: The elder/priest/mage has provided a scroll which details a method in which to build a magical circle in which an element can be enfused. Crafting one of these will generate an effect based on the magical package used to infuse the circle with power. Effect revealed when used]
:: NEW:: Long Spears: Simple poles of wood can be turned into a deadly weapon with little more than a carving knife. Sharpen the tips of the poles to create spear weapons that will enhance the offensive potiental of the commoner defenders. Increasing the size of this package increases the size of the bundle made. 25% of defenders recieve +1 attack
:: NEW:: Simple Shields: Little more than planks of wood strapped together with rope. But its better than taking a claw to the arm. Increasing the size of this package increases the size of the bundle made. 25% of defenders recieve +1 Defense/aegis

Sizing: Fortification sizes, Small ( 500 words to complete), Medium ( 1000 words to complete) and Large ( 1500 words to complete). Increasing the sizes of the fortifications increases their effects. Building one fortification, regardless of size takes up one turn. Increasing the size of the fortification will increase its effects once over. Ex) Large Medical Post will heal +60hp/Sta once.

Timing: 1 fortifcation built = one turn regardless of size. When I post, that entire turn however is considered over, and if you missed a chance to build a fortification in that turn. You do not get it back.

::::Note:::::
Those with troops, and bringing troops. List the numbers brought to the battle with your posts.


Countdown Till Dark King Arrival: 1 Turns



-----------------

Smooth Criminal
U Mad Bro?
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:25 am

Tech Roll

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:25 am

The member 'Rune' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:55 am

Yuki's gaze slowly shifted as he glanced around for a brief moment before he heard the screaming, screaming that caught the half-breeds attention and caused him to turn his gaze as he shifts his attention to see what is going on. The wolf, hearing the screams as well also turns its attention to the source of the screaming. As he shift his attention Yuki watches as a man is drug into the bushes. As the man disappears into the bushes Yuki begins to move forwards but as he notices the glowing yellow eyes looking back at him, Yuki pauses for a brief moment. The wolf begins to growl as it sets its gaze upon the area where the man had been pulled into the bush, hunching down close to the ground the wolf's fur begins to bristle. As the sounds of eating begin to come from the bush where the man had been drug, Yuki lets out a light sigh, " There's nothing we can do for him now. It would be a risk if we went after his attacker too... Let's go, we have work to do and not much time by the looks of it. " Yuki says as he glances to his animal companion. As it listen's to its master speak the wolf keep's its attention set upon the area where the man had disappeared, its gaze locked on the are as it continues growling and bearing its fangs, ready to attack at any given moment though it seemed as if its master did not wish to attack at this moment in time. Turning his attention from the bushes Yuki turns and again glances around for a brief moment. While glancing around, Yuki notices the men that seem to be backing away and lets out a light grumble, " I think we have done all we can here, let's go. " the half-breed says before he turns and begins to move from the pitfall traps. The wolf holds its ground and continues growling a moment longer before it finally gives up since its master was not going to push the offensive, turning it follows after Yuki.

As he moves away, Yuki shifts his attention as he begins to think of what he should do next. As he dwells on what he should do next he slowly shifts his gaze, glancing around for a moment before his gaze falls upon some workers that seem to be taking poles of wood and sharpening on end to make impromptu spears. Watching the workers make spears for a moment, Yuki nods his head faintly as he decides on what he shall do next, " I think we should give these people more of a fighting chance, what do you think? " Yuki says as he gestures to the workers making impromptu spears. The wolf slowly shifts its gaze as it follows along side Yuki. When it hears the half-breed speaking it glances to him for a brief moment before turning it's gaze away from the male when he makes the gesture and he looks to the workers making the impromptu spars. Not hearing a response from his animal companion, Yuki turns his attention from the workers and glances to the wolf, " Well? " The wolf keeps it's gaze set upon the workers for a few brief moment until it hears Yuki speak again, to which it shifts its attention to the half-breed and gives a faint nod of its head. Yuki watches as his animal companion gives a nod of his wolfy head and Yuki smiles faintly as he turns his attention from his animal companion, " Ah, I knew you would agree with that idea. I guess the human's are growing on you? " Yuki says teasingly to his animal companion as he shifts his gaze for a brief moment before he begins to move. The wolf slowly turns its attention away from Yuki as he begins to speak and as the half-breed makes the comment about the the humans growing on the wolf the wolf responds with a growl as he follows after Yuki. As he hears the growl from his animal companion, Yuki cant help but smirk but he remains silent as he continues walking.

Making his way over to some tress that he believes would work for impromptu spears, Yuki reaches into his coat and grips the hilt of his kukri before pulling the blade from its sheath, " You can keep watch for anything, alright? " Yuki says, glancing to his animal companion for a brief moment before turning his attention to the tree and begin to hack away at the base of the tree with his kukri. Having came to as top with Yuki, the wolf glances around for a brief moment before looking to Yuki as he makes the comment about keeping watch. Again the wolf lets out another growl at what Yuki had said but it sits back on its haunches and begins to keep watch. " I'm not sure how many of these we are going to need. " Yuki murmurs lightly as he finishes hacking down the first small tree and lets it fall to the ground before he moves onto the next and begins to hack away at the trunk down close to the ground. While keeping watch the wolf slowly shifts its gaze and brings it to rest on a group of men that move towards its self and Yuki. Watching the group the wolf begins to growl at them which causes the group of men to stop a few yards from Yuki. Yuki works at cutting down another of the trees before he stops as he hears his animal companion begin to growl. Turning his attention from the tree Yuki looks to his wolf expecting it to be growling at the forest but instead it is growling at some men that seem to be coming from the area they are getting ready to defend. One of the group of men speak up as he looks to Yuki, " Pardon me and the others sir but we have been sent to be your squad in the upcoming fighting. " The man says as he shifts his gaze between Yuki and the growling wolf. Yuki keeps his attention on the men and listens as one of the men speak up to which Yuki gives a faint nod, though the nod is accompanied by a sigh as he reaches out and lightly pats his animal companion on the head, " Relax, they are on our side. " Yuki says as he shifts his gaze over the group of twenty five men. The wolf begins to calm down and stops growling as it to looks at the men. The men begin to relax now that the wolf had stopped growling at them and no longer seemed a threat. As he looked at the twenty five men, Yuki could tell that they where not solider s nor did he think they had any real fighting experience, instead they seemed to be farmers, workers, and of the like. Which is not exactly what the half-breed would have wanted to fight along side him but he knew beggars can't be choosers. Finally Yuki gives a faint nod, " Alright.. Since you are here you can help out. Cut down these small trees and we are going to make spears out of them. " Yuki says to the twenty five men, hoping that the task will get done faster with there aid. The group of twenty five men, following the orders of the half-breed begin to get to work taking down trees and turning them into spears to be used against there enemy. The wolf turns and watches the men before a few brief moments before it turns its attention to Yuki and barks lightly at the male. Yuki watches the men as they begin to get to work and when he hears his animal companion bark he glances to the wolf for a brief moment before turning his attention back to the men and gives a faint nod, " Yeah.. Armor would help out. " Yuki murmurs lightly to himself as he shifts his gaze between the men as they work.

While the twenty five men that he had been given work on making the impromptu spears, Yuki begins to turn his thoughts to making armor for his men to help them survive longer when the fighting begins. " Spirits of creation come to my aid. " Yuki murmurs, chanting as he draws upon his dark magic, molding and forming the dark magic into breastplates and helms. Once he had finished making the pieces of body armor for what had become his men, Yuki has them put the armor on while he works on finishing with the spears they had been making. Following the orders of Yuki, the men put down what they are doing and move over to the armor he had made and begin putting it on. After he finishes with the spears, Yuki hands out a spear to each of the defenders he had, though as he does so he begins to wonder about there defense, but for that he would need shields. With his twenty five men armored up and weaponed out, Yuki takes a moment to look at the twenty five men he will be commanding. With a faint nod to the twenty five men, Yuki begins to move, " Alright lets go. " He says to the twenty five men as he begins to walk away in search of something else he can work on to get prepared. The wolf turns and follows after Yuki, moving at his side. The twenty five men hesitate for a moment, watching Yuki and the wolf before they turn and begin to follow after him.
EXP: 1690 / 4713
Yukis's Stats:
Health: 170
Stamina: 160 / 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal

Defenders:
- Amount: 25
- Stats: ???
- Bonus: Atk +1
- Gear: Long Spears, Body Armor
- Den: 5

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x2
- Long Spears x1 (Large Group, 25 / 75 Used)

Pitfall #1
- Location: O 21- 22, P 21-22 (the 4 square block)
Pitfall #2
- Location: Q 19-20, R 19-20 (the 4 square block)

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:24 am


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: STR: I [+0.0] INT: V [+4.0] DEF: I [+0.0] Aegis: III [+2.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: ---
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing]
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(O:17-18|P:17-18) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14) | Shields [50/75]*Gave 25 to Yuki's Unit*
Theme: To be King
Location: Noah: J5:R17


Right when Noah was about to get started on the next fortification, a woman attempted to gather everyones attention. The little boy turned around towards her and saw the few that gathered around her. He of course didnt make his way over to her as he didn't want to get caught up in that. Yes he was here to help, but He had his idea partner to go into this mess with. To formulate a plan with others and to rely on ones he didnt know would have been a foolish move, or so he believed. He had plans of his own, which was when he made his way away from the area and to another location. (Balmung: Noah, what are you doing). Noah's eyes closed as a smirk appeared on his face. His eyes opened but arched in a manner that gave of the look of somewhat that was scheming. This of course was hidden from all of the others. (Noah: I'll meet up with Yuki after I finish this last thing. I've seen his location so It'll be no problem). Balmung released a sigh and then gave a little smirk with a shrug. (Balmung: Nothing can be done I guess... You're one devil of an Angel Noah. It almost makes me wish that we can forcibly access each others memories and thoughts. Sadly enough we have to be willing to share our thoughts with each other). Noah gave a slight chuckle before bringing his arms to his side. (Noah: If it was like that then It'll be no fun and ya wouldn't love me anymore). Within, Balthazar would cough slightly and then dab his mustache for any tea that may have gotten on it. (Balthazar: Indeed).

Before he could get to the area he wanted to in order to set up, He bumped into an individual that looked at him with an odd look." I was told that I will be following under your orders... but you're just a kid ". Noah looked to the individual who in a way disrespected him, or gave the tone that showed that he had no respect for him." That is true... I am just a kid, but know something. This kid is here putting his life on the live for you... for your family... and for other peoples family. If you don't respect that fine. I don't care what you feel on the matter... Im still gonna fight for you, and everyone elses sakes. ". Noah's tone was calm and well composed, not showing any form of aggravation, though within his head he was just laughing at how pathetic Humans were with these ideas of not respecting one due to mere appearances alone. He looked to the other guys that would be fighting under him, which was about 24 others and he simply nodded." Fight with me to protect the lands. Fight with me to protect your families. Don't look at me as a mere kid, but as one who possess strength capable of lending a hand in this battle". The guys looked among each other and then looked over to Noah. (Balmung: So you can have a honorable side) (Noah: Psh No. I don't need them performing in a weak manner due to not having belief in their leader. If it was like that then I rather go at the battle alone, at least that way I know I won't get backstabbed. This little talk is false in order to achieve my own goal. I care not for their lives).

They possessed a confident look, knowing that Noah was right in the words. The guy that called him a mere kid looked away slightly." You're right. Im sorry for calling you a mere kid. We all must fight together to bring a halt to the darkness ". Noah nodded before looking to the Materials that they would need in order to construct the weapons that his group would need. They looked like they could wield a weapon, but only on an average level. One way they could go at this was just create shields, then they hold off opposing forces while Noah attack with amplified magic. They needed weapons through to defend themselves effectively, and the weapons they possessed now just seemed like they wasn't going to be able to do the job. His eyes shifted to the materials around him and decided that they would make shields, effective shields so they wouldn't go out there getting mauled immediately by the demons." First, lets carve us some shields to use. It'll be helpful in this battle. You all will be attacking but defending mostly. Defend majority of the time and when you can, get some strikes in. I myself will not be on the frontlines but I'll definitely be aiding you all with ranged Magic". With that, he would grab some of the stuff and begin making the shields really fast, and with that the others would lend a hand. (Balmung: Again...for an Angel you're trully a Devil). A smirk was on Noah's face when Balmung told him that. He really liked the words though.

Some time had passed since the start of making the shields, and though the men was making the shields at a steady pace, Noah was making them quite fast, possibly making extras." You sure are quite quick with your hands there... with making shields that fast". Noah looked to the guy and nodded slightly." Im just a fast worker. There is no room for error here". The guys liked Noah's drive, determination without forms of aggression within it. It was an admirable aspect to an individual leading a squad." So tell us about yourself Noah... where did you come from ? ". He didn't want to tell them, but he figured that it'll be best not to create in situation where they would be against him in any way." Im a Warrior from Mare Maris. That is my home, where I would hope to one day become a knight for the queen ". He continued carving the wood and making the shields as he conversed with them. The guy nodded as he held out his hand." Im Broli...Old man from village of the moon. I came out here to help defend against the dark forces. I personally have no body to protect... my family is gone, well except my daughter and she is no where to be found. Last time I heard of her she was an Archeologist somewhere in Mare Maris ". Noah's eyes shot open with shock of hearing that. There was a possibility that this individual here was Analiesse's father. Noah regained his composure and simply smiled." Im sure she's okay. Thats just another reason why you must come out of this battle alive ".

Broli gave a nod with such confidence that he couldn't help but smile." Right! ". He reached for more Material and realized that there was no more there. Around them was a bunch of shields, more shields than there were Men." Wow...damn. Well we have 25 shields for our guys. Maybe we can see if any of the other squads needs shields. We're all in this together after all ". Noah nodded to Broli's suggestion and looked away from him. He honestly didn't give a rats ass about any of the others, heroes and commoners alike, though there was one other individual that Noah did give a rats about, which was Yuki, though that was through the connection with Balmung and the struggle that Balmung and Yuki went through regarding the battle against Zelel." You know what, There is an individual that I believe may need some shields. Wrap the extra shields around your backs and bring them with us. Hopefully he's at the same spot ". All of the guys with him would nodd before picking up the shields and then strapping them on. They began to Travel Around for awhile looking for Yuki, which took awhile until he spotted the figure walking alongside some kind of wolf and there were individuals following him. He made his way towards Yuki and cut their path, tossing the shields on the ground infront of them." A Gift... from someone you may know. Had these left over from what was made and Balmung wanted me to give these to you ". There was a smirk on his face as his hands was in his pockets in a nonchalant manner. There was a total of 25 shields there before Yuki, figuring that amount shoudl have been enough to cover his entire unit, since from the looks of it they didn't possess shields of their owns.



Words :: 1545 Exp
Gains ::1 Large Bundle of Shields | 1 TEXP [Earn at 250 EXP in a day.]
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:39 am

Moving forward, Yuki slowly shifts his gaze as he scans the area in searh of any thing else that needs to be done as well as any sign of an enemy attack since it seemed that time was drawing ever closer. Following at his side the wolf continues to move along, its gaze shifting as well. The twenty five men Yuki had seem to been given continue to follow after what has become there leader and the wolf at his side. When his path is cut off by a rather small fellow, Yuki comes to a stop, his gaze resting on the child before he shifts his gaze to the shields that are thrown on the ground. Coming to a stop next to Yuki the wolf eyes the child. In response to the sudden stop the twenty five men stop as well, there gaze turning to the group of twenty five other men in front of them. As he listens to the child speak Yuki didn't know what to make of it but as he makes mention of Balmung Yuki comes to the conclusion that this is someone that Balmung knows, though he had yet to see Balmung here. " I see. " Yuki says in a murmur as he eyes the shields that had been thrown on the ground before him and the others with him. The wolf too looked at the shields before turning its gaze to Yuki and lightly nudging against him. As he looked at the shields Yuki feels the nudge from the wolf and gives a faint nod, " Yes yes.. " He murmurs lightly to the beast, coming to the conclusion that he should repay the gesture from the child, " Here are some extra spears... They will just slow us down so you can take them. " Yuki says as he gives the signal to some of the men carrying an extra bundle of spears. With the signal the men move forward and set the bundle of twenty five spears on the ground next to the shields. " Let's not this gift go to waist, everyone take a shield. " Yuki says as he glances to the men with him before turning his gaze back to Noah, " Isn't a place like this dangerous for a little kid like you? " Yuki makes the comment with a light smirk on his face. With the order from Yuki, the twenty five men begin to gather up the shields and slip them onto there free arm.
EXP: 419 / 5132
Yukis's Stats:
Health: 170
Stamina: 165 / 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal

Defenders:
- Amount: 25
- Stats: ???
- Bonus: Atk +1, Def/Aeg +1
- Gear: Long Spears, Body Armor, Simple Shields
- Den: 5

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x2
- Long Spears x1 (Large Group, 50 / 75 Used, Yuki's Men, Noah's Men, Free Bundle)

Pitfall #1
- Location: O 21- 22, P 21-22 (the 4 square block)
Pitfall #2
- Location: Q 19-20, R 19-20 (the 4 square block)

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:54 am

»Terra Spiritus|Stg6|Novice
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:54 am

The member 'Noah' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Novice ]' :
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:30 am


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 70%
Attributes: STR: I [+0.0] INT: V [+4.0] DEF: I [+0.0] Aegis: III [+2.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: ---
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing]
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(O:17-18|P:17-18) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14)
Units: 25 Commoner Defenders
Shields [50/75]*Gave 25 to Yuki's Unit*
Long Spears [25/25]*Recieved 25 from Yuki's Unit*

Theme: To be King
Location: Noah: J5:R17


Noah laughed slightly, or more so chuckled slightly to his words. Yuki was cool in his eyes, so he couldn't help but react in a calm manner." In a battle field, it's dangerous for everyone. Kids and adults alike my friend. Plus... Im the one who taught Balmung how to fight. I know my way around a battle field or two ". Noah would accept the spears with much gratitude as he motioned his hand up and then to the shields, which gave the men he was leading the okay to pick up the shields." I am Noah, Master of the Spatial Arts. Teacher of Balmung and Warrior of Mare Maris ". (Balmung: Wah What!? Teacher!?) (Noah: You're in my body. You wouldn't be able to utilize these skills on your own...and umm...Im the one who developed the skills). His Men now had shields and Spears, and for that he was appreciative. He was going to do his best not to allow Broli to die in battle so he can see Analiesse later, knowing that she would be depressed or even completely heart broken to find out that her father have been killed. While he waited for a reply, Noah would quickly attempt to make Armor for himself." Element of stability and foundation, Come, attend my rite! " And with that, the earth infront of him began forming into mud, motioned upwards and began shaping into armor. He was going for something extremely dense and well made, but when it was done it looked like crude Armor." Master of Spatial Arts..but apparently not earth ".



Words :: 287 Exp
Gains ::---
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:46 am

Yuki is glad the child took the comment so well since he meant it in jest more then anything. As the child begins to speak Yuki listens to him as he begins to explain why he is here on the battle field and that he is the one who taught Balmung how to fight, which is rather interesting and if any indication to how Balmung had fought would lead the half-breed to believe that he may be offering his aid to the child during this fight. Though since the child seemed to be a friend of Balmung, Yuki knew he could at least trust the child in some manner since he had yet to have any trouble with Balmung. The wolf slowly sat back on its haunches, its gaze still fixed on the child as he watches Noah. The twenty five men with Yuki remain idle behind him as they slowly scan the forest off in the distance. Yuki keeps his gaze set on the child as he begins to chant and call forth a spell and as he finishes the chant Yuki watches though it seems the spell he attempted had not fully manifested. To the half-breed it seemed as if the child is attempting to make some form of armor though he seemed to be failing at such a task. As he makes the comment Yuki smirks faintly, " I see. Mastering such things takes time child. Perhaps I can offer my assistance in the matter and craft you a fine suit of armor or perhaps a simple chest piece to offer some defense. " Yuki offers as he watches Noah.
EXP: 278 / 5410
Yukis's Stats:
Health: 170
Stamina: 170 / 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal

Defenders:
- Amount: 25
- Stats: ???
- Bonus: Atk +1, Def/Aeg +1
- Gear: Long Spears, Body Armor, Simple Shields
- Den: 5

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x2
- Long Spears x1 (Large Group, 50 / 75 Used, Yuki's Men, Noah's Men, Free Bundle)

Pitfall #1
- Location: O 21- 22, P 21-22 (the 4 square block)
Pitfall #2
- Location: Q 19-20, R 19-20 (the 4 square block)

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:53 am

»Terra Spiritus|Stg6|Novice
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:53 am

The member 'Noah' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Novice ]' :
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:04 am


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 40%
Attributes: STR: I [+0.0] INT: V [+4.0] DEF: I [+0.0] Aegis: III [+2.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: ---
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing]
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(O:17-18|P:17-18) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14)
Units: 25 Commoner Defenders
Shields [50/75]*Gave 25 to Yuki's Unit*
Long Spears [25/25]*Recieved 25 from Yuki's Unit*

Theme: To be King
Location: Noah: J5:R17


Noah took in a deep breath, and then turned his attention towards Yuki." Yea, I just learned how to utilize this element. I wish it was like spatial magic. I can get this though...I know I can ". He turned his attention to his failed armor and kicked it to the side. He would hold his hand out to the earth at some attempt of concentration, or at least displaying concentration." Element of stability and foundation, Come, attend my rite! " And with that, the earth would form mud again before motioning up and repeating the process it did before. This time it came out way worse than before, probably as worse as it could get as the spell basically failed completely." Oh you have got to be kidding me ". Noah rubbed the back of his head before turning to Yuki." You know what...I'll take you up on that offer. This vest isn't going to provide much protection for what we may be encountering, and apparently my earth Magic is really crappy to the point where it doesnt even form an armor...I mean god what the heck is that ". He would point towards the failed armor, which looked like a vase.



Words :: 219 Exp
Gains ::---
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:27 am

Dice Roll

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:27 am

The member 'Rune' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:29 am

After offering to make the child some armor, Yuki falls silent as the child begins to speak again. It seems the child wished to try once again to make his own armor and Yuki had no problem with him doing such a thing if he wished too, it meant that Yuki didn't have to use any of his energy to create the child armor and he was fine with letting the child use his own energy making armor. Yuki watches as again the child chants and begins to manipulate the earth in an attempt to make himself armor, however it seems to fail as it had done before, though this time much worse then the first attempt. Yuki cant help but let out a light chuckle as he looks at the failed attempt to make armor. It seemed the child could not fully control this new type of magic. As the child speaks, taking him up on his offer, Yuki gives a faint nod as he turns his attention from the attempt at making armor and to Noah. " Alright. " Yuki says with a faint nod as he glances to the failed attempt at making armor before he shifts his attention away from it once again. Turning his attention to the child, Yuki shifts his gaze over the boy's form for a moment as he takes the moment to dwell on the armor he shall make for him. After looking at the child for a moment Yuki shifts his gaze from him and begins to speak, " Spirits of creation come to my aid. " the half-breed murmurs as he focuses magical energy and gathers it into dark magic as he begins to form armor of dark magic for the child. Pooling up from the shadows the armor begins to take form as dark magic solidifies into a breastplate to cover the child's chest as well as pauldron's for his shoulders and smaller bits of armor to wear on the arms to help protect them from damage. As the armor finishes forming Yuki takes hold of it and offers it to the child, " Here we are, this should protect you until it breaks. " Yuki says with a faint nod as he watches the child.
EXP: 384 / 5794
Yukis's Stats:
Health: 170
Stamina: 155 / 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal

Defenders:
- Amount: 25
- Stats: ???
- Bonus: Atk +1, Def/Aeg +1
- Gear: Long Spears, Body Armor, Simple Shields
- Den: 5

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x2
- Long Spears x1 (Large Group, 50 / 75 Used, Yuki's Men, Noah's Men, Free Bundle)

Pitfall #1
- Location: O 21- 22, P 21-22 (the 4 square block)
Pitfall #2
- Location: Q 19-20, R 19-20 (the 4 square block)

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:50 am

»Ventus Secundus|Stg6|Honed
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:50 am

The member 'Noah' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Honed ]' :
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:09 am


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 60%
Attributes: STR: I [+0.0] INT: V [+4.0] DEF: I [+0.0] Aegis: III [+2.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: Performed Ventus Secundus[HP+6]
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing] | Ventus Secundus[HP+6](5Posts)
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(O:17-18|P:17-18) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14)
Units: 25 Commoner Defenders
Shields [50/75]*Gave 25 to Yuki's Unit*
Long Spears [25/25]*Recieved 25 from Yuki's Unit*

Theme: To be King
Location: Noah: J5:R17


The armor was made with such precision, it looked just great. The black and silver theme, mainly from the dark nature of the arts Yuki utilize the craft it. Even being a Kami, Noah was able to appreciate something great no matter where it came from. He looked towards Yuki and gave a slight bow of appreciation before he accepted the armor and got ready to place it on himself. First Noah would take off the Vest he had on and placed it on the ground, which one of the guys in his own unit would pick up. Noah then placed the Armor on himself and motioned around." Perfect fit...Thank you Yuki ". Noah would then get ready to cast another spell, this one being different from the last." Blood through which is clense grant me my second wind! ". With that, his stamina would begin recovering at an extremely high rate to the best of it's abilities." I think we're now set for battle Yuki... The armor was a perfect touch, gives good looks and protection". He looked at the Armor some more before looking to his unit, who completely approved of the look.



Words :: 210 Exp
Gains ::1 TEXP [At least 5 Posts in the day]
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:27 am

After making the armor for the child, Yuki gives a faint nod as the child thanks him and as the child begins to put it on, Yuki watches to make sure the armor is a good fit on the child. " Your welcome. " Yuki says after the child thanks him for the armor Turning his gaze from the child Yuki glances around for a brief moment before turning his gaze back to the child as he seems to murmur a chant to cast another spell. With all the spells the child has been casting, Yuki thought upon making him more armor to keep him safe knowing if they engaged in close fighting he may have a hard time if he couldn't cast his spells. When Noah makes the comment about being ready, Yuki again shifts his gaze and glances around for a moment before giving a faint nod, " Perhaps we are... Though we can only do so much preparation before the fight and the true outcome of our preparation is not really known. With out knowing what type of enemy we are truly facing one does not know what type of preparations to make so they must simply make them all. Though I did witness a man being drug into the bushes while I was working earlier... I surmise that it was perhaps some sort of beast, a demon of sorts maybe but I am not sure I didn't investigate.
EXP: 248 / 6042
Yukis's Stats:
Health: 170
Stamina: 160 / 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal

Defenders:
- Amount: 25
- Stats: ???
- Bonus: Atk +1, Def/Aeg +1
- Gear: Long Spears, Body Armor, Simple Shields
- Den: 5

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x2
- Long Spears x1 (Large Group, 50 / 75 Used, Yuki's Men, Noah's Men, Free Bundle)

Pitfall #1
- Location: O 21- 22, P 21-22 (the 4 square block)
Pitfall #2
- Location: Q 19-20, R 19-20 (the 4 square block)

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 56
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:41 am

Battousai would arrive into range of the area fashionably late behind Yuki who had departed earlier from the lands of the East. At some point along the way, the samurai would have split with Dravec for reasons to be clarified later as he opted to continue into the areas of Vilis nearer the Core District from the south. Resting from the travel that had brought him this far, Battousai would shift forms into becoming Jyn on arriving to the area of human population.

In moving through the Western Outer Rim of Medius, the rampant rumors and eavesdropped hearings of a front would coax and continually lead Jyn in the direction of the Central Passage. Aside from the human indications of this direction, the darkness that lingered over the core was also a grand indicator of something being afoot in the area; the prominent and dark clouds served as almost a light house only offering the opposite of light in what it casted out to those looking upon it.

After progressing through much of the mixture of urban and jungle, Jyn would come into the area near the Central Passage. There he would find no signs or sounds of battle in the distance; rather things seemed relatively peaceful for the time much like the calm before a storm, though the presence of so many black birds in the area did serve to creep Jyn out. The amount of unease offered to the traveler was just a bit, but nothing that would cause for him to be alert to their presence. In a low murmur, he would comment, “what a fucking depressing place…”

Jyn would notice an assorted group of men working towards the common goal of building up the area; amongst them there did seem to be one figure that stood out among the rest seemingly overseeing the group. The traveler would be lost on the actual purpose of the barricading of the area, but was able to piece together that the buildup of this area had something to do with the rumors. The one thing that was clear was that people seemed to be preparing for something big. Jyn pondered his surroundings while stepping into the lively area with a look of interest and slight confusion; suddenly he notices something occur near a group of men backing away from bushes. A contorted look of ‘wtf’ came onto his face as he thought for a moment that he saw yellow eyes dragging the man into the bushes. Instead of leaping in to help the man who was obviously under attack and probably being eaten, people seemed to be backing away from the area. The voice of the prominent male from before seems to explain that a ‘darkness’ was coming. There was a harsh feeling in Jyn’s stomach that caused him to become somewhat more aware of his surroundings. The clouds above him seemed to feel much darker than they previously were and it was obvious that something very wrong was going on in this area.

Though Jyn had noticed Yuki during all of this, something else was on his mind. At an impulse, he rushes forwards beyond the group of men and towards the bush asking out loud, “no one’s going to even attempt to help him… fuck!” They were talking as if ‘it happened, let’s just move on with our lives. How about those Lakers?’ That didn’t sit right with him; the guy was a human after all and though he had heard the sound of eating from the bush, he knew very well it wasn’t ‘cool’ to just have something that snatched people into bushes running around unchecked.

As such, Jyn enters into the bushes that that the others had backed away from. In his entry into the bushes, he fans his arms out in an attempt to get a visual on what had grabbed the man. Of course, during this display of bravado, he would actively be sensing the bushes which he were entering into [Passives - Sixth Sense (PSN), Arcane Sensing (SSN)] while calling out, “hey guy…?”

EXP: 756 / 1088

-----------------
"I am the Solution."
Jyn'rai Keirosuki [Techs] - Domen'Yun [Techs] - Asei Jyn [Techs]
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:12 am


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 80%
Attributes: STR: I [+0.0] INT: V [+4.0] DEF: I [+0.0] Aegis: III [+2.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: Performed Ventus Secundus[HP+6]
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing] | Ventus Secundus[HP+6](4Posts)
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(O:17-18|P:17-18) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14)
Units: 25 Commoner Defenders
Shields [50/75]*Gave 25 to Yuki's Unit*
Long Spears [25/25]*Recieved 25 from Yuki's Unit*

Theme: To be King
Location: Noah: J5:R17


It was unfortunate to hear about someone being dragged away earlier. Noah had not suspected that they were this close to where things would happen in their area. It couldn't be helped now or so he believed, and it was probably good that Yuki didnt go after it when that happened. They were able to make neccessary preparations for the battle ahead, though Yuki was right. With the enemy, there is no telling what is needed to go against them. What Noah knew was that he wasn't going to back down, definitely not now knowing that Analiesse father would be partaking in the battle itself. He kind of wanted to head home right quick and tell her, but then thought against the idea as it would worry her that her father was partaking in a battle that he would most likely die in. He decided that he would keep it to himself, and just take on the burden if something happened. Even with his divine complex, he possessed various forms of compassion, one being towards that Human woman." Yea you're right...". Noah stretched slightly within his armor and looked to his unit." You know... I believe we can overcome this if we have each others backs. It's not good to be ignorant of what we're facing, that much is true, but its also true that we shouldn't take our own capabilities lightly. I believe we can get through this ". There was only 2 individuals he wanted to get through this, which was Yuki and Broli. The death of the others didnt matter much too him, though he didnt make that known.



Words :: 260 Exp
Gains ::---
Back to top Go down
Lijo
New Recruit
New Recruit
avatar

Rep! : 0

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:45 am

There was an air of curiosity and interest about him, as he tread quietly over the unsteady earth. His jaw was set, and his focus was perhaps a bit off-set, as he took in the scent of those around him. There was fear, in places - most of the people around him were not trained, non-militant people. They had taken up arms primarily because it simply had to be done. Without them, this land would fall, their livelyhoods would be compromised, and in all likelihoods, no one would survive. This was, in many ways, a war that was just reaching their borders. They were responding admirably. He, however, wasn't precisely... used to these sorts of conditions. There was a trembling in his hands, and each footstep brought him closer to that edge. He felt a quiet spur in the back of his mind, a gentle feeling of relaxed pressure on his shoulders, which allowed him to curtail the trembling. It was easy, of course - he was used to the company, and that company was stronger than he.

He focused quietly on his next steps, before he nodded once more.

"Yes. This is the right thing to do." His voice was kept below a whisper, mostly to justify the fact that he was speaking at all. No one would trust people who talked outwardly to themselves - they would think them a crazy person. Still, it did not change the fact that this was the right thing to do. He was dressed to play host to a proper ball, rather than attending to a war, but that didn't stop him. His fine leather boots tromped as though they had been made for just such a purpose. Glancing about, he finally nodded, finding a spot for himself among others, who were currently in the manner of digging trenches. He hopped down, and glanced about.

"This is good, this is good. I shall assist you..." His focus shifted, as people started to turn to glance at him. He knew how out of place he had to look, in his fine green riding coat and pressed dress shirt. They were proper things, and so he wore them, regardless of his current placement. He didn't even hesitate, to kneel down, his pants pressing in to dirt as he did so. His magic were not particularly refined to this kind of labor, but still, he could dig. It was why he chose this particular area to trod in on. Drawing up a shovel, he pressed it firmly in to the unbroken earth, and kicked it in. "I'd resume working. This is no time to look at strangers who have come to aide you. Perhaps later, once this is all over, I will do my best to provide food." Shrugs and murmured assent was given, and the men - himself included - resumed their terribly boring jobs.

There was nothing intrinsically wrong with digging. However... well, this was an unfortunate an inordinate amount of work.

That gentle reassurance became something of a massage to the muscles in his legs, back, and arms - it allowed him to continue, despite how degrading. Nothing kept the sweat from his brow, and soon, despite himself, he had removed the coat, and literally rolled his sleeves. The crows had come and settled, and he heard the murmurs of men near him. Something about bad omens and curses and the like. After a second, he smirked.

"Bad omens? No, my friends, the crows are good omens." Again, there was glancing, and gawking. Finally, he grinned as he tossed another load of earth out into the pile that had been steadily accumulating. "It means we will have plenty of roast bird tonight for dinner." He said, and enjoyed the barks of laughter that came back at him. If nothing else, the short reprieve allowed them to at least break the tedium of the turmoil they had been working with. He closed his eyes and hummed softly. "It's a pity we don't have more omens like that." He murmured.

Of course, humor and cheer aside, the crows meant that a battle was brewing. Was it magic that drew them here? Or was it, perhaps, some inner sense. Like cows and storms, crows knew when and where they should be, to find delectable hunks of flesh to devour once all the men finished dying. Sometimes before.

His stomach roiled. He'd only been at it a short time, but his Other Half had been trying his best to keep him company, aware of his presence, urging him to continue, to make it better, faster, to complete the task at hand.

"So tell me, gentlemen." The young man offered, as he continued. "Is this to be a wide trench, or a deep trench? For all I know, there is no light at the end of this particular tunnel." He cheerfully asked, as he held off the desire to pant, though only barely.

"A ways still. But you've started and never stopped. Others have taken a break, you should, too." Came one voice, further down the line. Names were meaningless to him.

"No, no, not that. I have no desire to stop until the job is completed. After all, what's the point of starting if you merely postpone the time you spend doing it? No, once we're done with this, then I'll break, and perhaps I'll treat myself to some of the fine, fine delicacies of warfare." Another round of laughs came from around him. It wasn't particularly funny, but this work tended to dull the wits of those doing it. No fault of their own - that which was tedious tended to make other things tedious as well. Small breaks helped alleviate it, but he knew, that once he stopped, his muscles would be screaming at him for being so foolish.

Sweat continued to accumulate on his forehead, matting the silken blond strands of hair that had come loose from the over long braid he wore. It nearly reached his feet, the tail of it just barely reaching his ankles. He would need to brush it again later, once all this was over with. The thought of which amused him. In a battle, there was no guarantee there'd be any such thing. There might be no tonight. But that's what the men needed. A belief that they'd live to see the next day. After all, anyone who came to war expecting to live was just a single spell away from being demolished where they stood. An errant blade from an enemy, or a panicked swipe from a friend. Either could easily end the fight for one or the other. So instead, it was best to usher thoughts of success and life.

"What men here have women they're fighting for?" He called, loudly. "Who's beauty is so great, that even the Dawn pales in comparison?" Immediate chirrups and calls came along the pitfalls, and it was he who afforded himself a laugh, this time. "Come now, surely not all of you! You must have descriptions, tell us all, I'm sure we'd love to hear such sweet splendor aloud!" Once more, the men began to bellow, until they settled into a fine storytelling rhythm. Eventually, he finished his section, and stood up, a touch to his ear causing him to smile a bit. It was an internal thing, no finger had touched his flesh. But still, it was sweet.

He got the meaning - he was doing the right thing.

Turning, he peered about. He clapped his hands together - no doubt he'd have blisters, even through the long leather gloves he wore. This had been hard, menial work, and though it was not something he'd do every day, it was something he was proud to have done once. Licking his lips, he surveyed the trap. His eyes widened, as he realized he was not done. The mirage was not yet complete. Were they using magic to cover these traps? Or perhaps...

Yes, there were fine latticework nets meant to be draped over the holes, so some of the hard-packed dirt that he'd shoveled could serve as a sort of cover. He let out a sigh - the reward for hard work? More work. It took him several minutes to get the working in to place, before he figured out how to make the thing sturdy enough ( by reinforcing it on the very edges ). Slowly, with infinite patience, he resumed the work of packing the dirt, shoveling it gently over the netting. It had taken two men and a fine rope to pull him out of the hole - people that fell in here would break bones. He had to be careful to do the same. Careful work eventually had the space covered, albeit looking only slightly different than the dirt around it.

He quickly made a mental note, and threw some extra dirt haphazardly over it, to mask the slight differentiation.

Finally, Lijo moved away, stopping by a station for a bit of water. Afterwards, he moved in the direction of a cried call for attention - from a woman's voice. He approached, with barely a word, as he straightened out the shirt, donned the riding coat once more, and seemed to resume the elegant facade he deemed necessary. Sweat still touched at his features, but at least for now, he felt accomplished. Tension seemed to light in the air between the parties currently speaking.

"I believe you were making a sensible call to arms, how many commanders do we have present?" He finished, crossing his arms over his chest.

( Large Pitfall trap built. Not sure how to place them, as in how many spaces I get to occupy. K21 if I read correctly. )

1750 EXP, 163 words.

( 250 EXP T-EXP achieved. )


Last edited by Lijo on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misread Iskra's post.)
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:12 pm

After his comment Yuki fell into silence as he slowly shifts his gaze, glancing around for a moment as he searches for someone that could put the extra spears he had made to good use. As the child begins to speak again, Yuki turns his attention back to him and listens to him as he speaks. It seemed the boy believed they had the power to pull through this and the half-breed did as well though it would not be with out cost. As he listens to the boy Yuki thinks on what he is saying and as he finishes speaking Yuki gives a faint nod to the child's comments, " We shall see who is the victor when all the fighting is over, though I don't plan to be one of the people laying in the dirt. I know full well what I am capable of doing and I don't take any bit of it lightly. If it comes down to it.... " Yuki shakes his head faintly, cutting himself off as he reaches out and lightly pats the child on the shoulder, " Anyways, I wish to see how things are going with others that have joined this defense. " Yuki says as he lets his hand drop from Noah's shoulder before he turns and begins to move away from the child. As he begins to move away Yuki starts to shift his gaze once again scanning the area as he searches for someone he can dump the extra spears off on. Turning away from the child as well, the wolf begins to follow along side Yuki as it licks its chops. Like a crowed of men not knowing what to do, the twenty five that are under Yuki's command begin to move, following after him as he moves away from Noah. As he moved, Yuki unknowingly headed straight for where Alicia had been speaking in an attempt to get people's attention. Slowly the half-breed shifts his gaze as he glances between some people before his gaze comes to fall on one of the men he had never seen before. Looking at the man, Yuki thought " What the hell. " and came to the conclusion that he would give the spears to this man if he had the men to use them, other wise he would find another person. With this thought in mind, Yuki reaches out and places a hand upon Lijo's shoulder, " I have something I would like to give you. " Yuki says as he looks at the male.
EXP: 430 / 6472
Yukis's Stats:
Health: 170
Stamina: 165 / 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal

Defenders:
- Amount: 25
- Stats: ???
- Bonus: Atk +1, Def/Aeg +1
- Gear: Long Spears, Body Armor, Simple Shields
- Den: 5

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x2
- Long Spears x1 (Large Group, 50 / 75 Used, Yuki's Men, Noah's Men, Free Bundle)

Pitfall #1
- Location: O 21- 22, P 21-22 (the 4 square block)
Pitfall #2
- Location: Q 19-20, R 19-20 (the 4 square block)

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:35 pm


March of the Dark King
Ah... of course it was the man who was to be the savior of the group was Iskra. Alicia lost all of the anger and heat she had been showing before and simply let out a defeated sigh. She always managed to yell at the wrong people.

"Wondrous. Bet if I were to go up to her... errr... Him and tell him I'm sorry, he'd just give me one of those looks." Quickly regaining her composure, Alicia offered a hand to the strange man, shaking his vigorously regardless of whether or not he actually went to take her's. "Alicia Landis Murdock- Knight of..." she paused for a moment, a slightly confused look crossing into her features, "I'm not really sure where I can say I am from anymore... Suffice to say I'm an ally in a time of need- and I owe Iskra a favor or two- though I'm sure I will owe her more by the time all of this is through." she said, grinning.

A scream pierced through the camp- causing the Knight to immediately turn her attention to the source of the noise. As soon as she laid her eyes on the man being dragged into the bushes, her blade was in her hand and she
was sprinting toward the helpless man. It was only the intervention of all three of her men that stopped her from charging headlong into the bushes- though she struggled against her friend's restraining grasp for a moment before realizing she would simply be throwing her life away should she dash into the bushes like she had been ready to. With a defeated sigh- she turned back to the Incubus, a sorrowful frown about her features. "Apologies, friend. Tell Iskra that I'm here to repay my debt to her and that I apologize for any sizable amounts of piss upon her land- I will do what I can to keep Gaarm within the bounds of my territory from here on when he goes about his business." The sight of the man being so easily taken from the camp was rather startling to the Knight- causing her to tense up slightly as well. The scout forces of the enemy had already made it as far as the fortifications... it would be hardly any time before they main bulk of the group was upon them.

It was as these thoughts were passing through the Knight's head when she was approached by a stranger. Alicia nearly fell over at the sight of the kid- completely and wholly terrified by the fact that someone as young and unprepared as this boy had been allowed anywhere near the compound- much less had found such a place. She nearly asked him where his parents were before noting that such questions were of no consequence now- seeing as the hordes of darkness were practically upon them. With a curt nod, she forced out a response to the strange kid. "I'm not sure. Hence why I was trying to organize things here." After a brief moment of hesitation, she extended her hand to him, "I'm Alicia, by the way. If you haven't got a place already, make yourself useful over with my troops. We'll make sure you stay safe and out of harm's way as best we can... unless you're a tactician as well?"

She didn't have much time for a response from the child- as much as she hated to admit it. Normally she'd have given the kid as much attention as the next person- but she hardly had time for her men- much less any for the erstwhile adolescent. If he agreed to be part of her forces, then she'd point him in their direction. If not- she'd point him toward the elder to receive his troops- provided the strange man didn't laugh at the poor kid.

"Distractions aside-" she said, turning to the Incubus again, had he not already left yet, "Tell Iskra that I shall defend part of the east entrance with my men (K-20)- where we will set up with bows and longspears. If she has no idea where to send her forces now- I'd suggest that she cover the plot next to me (L-20) as well as the south entrance (N-17 & N-18)," She turned to walk away from the demon before spinning on her heel entirely and facing him again, "Also, note to her that these are more... friendly suggestions than orders. I don't want to tell her what to do- but everyone here seems so disorganized... I just want to make sure we have some level of defense when the attack begins. If she has her own plans already, I'd be glad to hear them- preferably before the enemies arrive here."

At that, she walked away from the Incubus- returning to the fortifications once more. She had seen the other leader-esque men wandering about, but they seemed to have some semblance of their own idea on things- and they didn't appear to be interfering with Alicia's current plan- so she did not take the time to approach them- considering how precious few minutes they had left before the attack began. Luckily, her men were a rather productive lot, and had set about making a set of spears and shields- having one shield per troop on the front-line (13 of them) and one spear per troop behind them (12 of them). One particularly productive man had taken it upon himself to make various colored flags to represent each individual group- which could serve both as position markers and morale boosters; after all it was rather heartening (or disheartening) to see how many of your friends were still alive (or dead). Such flags were distributed amongst the various leaders should they so desire/need them.

Kess, Lias and Reynault all had their bows strung and were positioning themselves on the ramparts- checking their quivers and making sure they had extra strings should their current ones break. Gaarm stood next to the ramparts- apparently waiting for the first enemy troop to stick his head too far into the compound- whereupon he was likely to lose it to the huge wolf-dog's massive jaws.

Once again Alicia took a position before the majority of the camp- though she remained on the ground this time- lest the enemies be close enough to fire arrows in her back whilst she addressed the defenders. "Friends! Lend me your ears, if only for a moment!" Gone was her trepidation from the last time she spoke- as her voice rang out clearly over the crowds. If nothing else, she had gathered her own men's attention.

"I will not lie to any of you- our situation looks grim. Rumor has it we are outnumbered, outgunned and very probably outflanked. We are a lone force with very little hope of major reinforcement and most of us are not trained in the arts of war." A few of the commoners under her shifted uncomfortably- this was sounding to be a rather terrible speech for boosting morale. "And while we may be few- while we may be meek- we have something our enemies don't have- we have something they will never have; something they can never take from us, as well as something worth fighting for." Pause for dramatic effect. "We fight for our friends- for our freedom- for our families and our very lives themselves against the oncoming darkness! We fight for all that is right and just in a world where evil wishes to run rampant and unchecked! We are the last bastion for this land and we will not falter in our duty as men- as warriors- as citizens of Terra Regnum!" At that, Alicia drew and raised her brilliant blade- whereupon a great golden light burst forth from her figure- piercing the heavens themselves. Strong winds cascaded off of her form, where the light coalesced into a beautiful set of armor- a shining shield and a golden tiara- her hair lengthening slightly and turning a deep shade of red as well.

"This is our time to show who we are! This is where we will make our stand and prove that we are the rightful owners of our land- not some false King and his minions! Today, we give these bastards what's coming to them!

Today, we stand and fight!"
(something in the back of Alicia's mind wanted to add the words "For your right. To paaaaaaaartaaaaaaaaaay" to the speech for some reason- yet alas, she decided it would not be necessary)

xp: 1578 # 5518 xp
+1 TEXP (250 EXP Post)
Fortifications Built:
>>Spears (12)
>>Shields (13)
>>Banners (1 for each group. Decide on your color, please. Mine is YELLOW
Actions: >>Invigorating Shout (BST 2, MLT 2 - Perfected) Iskra, Lijo and Rune are affected (+1 Defense, Strength, Aegis. # of turns based on roll...?)
>>Hopefully boosted morale with SPEEEEEEECH
>>Activated Transformation (Righteous Einherjar)
HP: 100/100
Stamina: /100
OoC: Speech was given right before attack. Just sayin'

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:02 am

»Tela|Stg6|Perfected|Perfected
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:02 am

The member 'Noah' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:03 am


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 90%
Attributes: STR: I [+0.0] INT: V [+4.0] DEF: I [+0.0] Aegis: III [+2.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: Performed Tela[WRP6]
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing] | Ventus Secundus[HP+6](3Posts)
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(O:17-18|P:17-18) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14)
Units: 25 Commoner Defenders
Shields [50/75]*Gave 25 to Yuki's Unit*
Long Spears [25/25]*Recieved 25 from Yuki's Unit*

Theme: To be King
Location: Noah: V7b:---


Noah looked to Yuki as he placed his hand on his shoulder, or what would now be the pauldron. He went to meet up with the others, which was all fine by him. Noah on the other hand didnt have much intentions on going to meet with the others, but He had plans on keeping near Yuki to have his back. He waited a little for Yuki to leave before looking to his own men. Noah couldn't warp Nilly willy due to the fact that his men couldn't do it." Follow Yuki's Men and get yourself well adjusted with the other men. I'll be right back. I...got a friend to see ". And with that, without saying a word afterwards, no chants, Noah would just vanish instantly, moving distances away to see someone. He didn't know why but holding this info about Analiesse father brought some form of heavy burdern on his heart. He felt like she at least had to know. He would instantly reappear to the lands north east of Mare Maris, to the area near the coast of V7b. There he would take notice of a woman in a different outfit than she normally was in. It was as if Analiesse had just woken up because she was in a night gown." Noah! You're here ". There was excitement in her tone, which caused Noah to turn his head and gain a faint red across his face." Im only here for a short period. I got to head out somewhere again...I got a job to do. I just wanted to see how you're doing ". Ana gained a soft look before closing her eyes. There was a moment of silence between both of them before Noah would speak again." Hey...who are your Parents and whatever happened to them ? ". Noah asked which would immediately change the feel of the atmosphere." Heh...My mother was name Ana and Father Broli. Mother died and father I don't know. I left to become a Archeologist and never seen him since...why ?". Noah shook his head." No reason...I was just curious thats all ".

Meanwhile, the Men of Noah made their way to the location of Yuki, his men, and others that had seemed to gather. They had 25 more available shields, not sure on what to do with them so they just held onto them. They didnt have any orders from Noah to give out the remaining, and having a new found respect for him, they didn't give them even though there may have been others in need of them. They just closed up behind Yuki's men and looked to the others, having caught Alicia's Speech. None of them spoke in the middle nor at the end of the speech, even though they were empowered by Alicia's words. These were calm and well compossed commoners that embodied the spirit of their leader within the short period of time that they knew him.



Words :: 517 Exp
Gains ::1 TEXP [Earn at 250 EXP in a day.]
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:46 am

Rolls didn't go off for some reason. Rolling for Invigorating Shout and Transformation

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:46 am

The member 'Soothesayer' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '[ Perfected ]' :


--------------------------------

#2 '[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
Lijo
New Recruit
New Recruit
avatar

Rep! : 0

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:06 am

He watched her, closely, as she surveyed him. She spoke not with the affectations of someone who regarded him as an equal. Rather, she spoke as though he were someone who was in need of protection, and not someone who had come offering his support. This riled him just enough to make him tense the muscles in his neck, though there was no visible indication of that. Did she look down on the commoners that now served her, simply because they were commoners? They were here, willing to die as she was - as was he - and yet, she did not regard him with the respect of an equal. There were ways to approach people without actually seeming as dismissive as she had.

Lijo remained bristled, though, as she spoke, before finally letting it go. The quiet affectations of his Other Half had more or less tugged him back in to a rational state of mind. She had to exert her control, and she had probably seen him as a liability because... well, he was. He had very little practical experience with this sort of thing. He felt a soft touch along the back of his neck, and he turned quietly to face Yuki as he approached.

Bowing his head gently to the man, he looked at him. "I'm not sure what that may be, but I would be a fool to turn down any offered aide. What is it, if I may ask?"

( 256 EXP +1 TEXP, 250 EXP gain for today. First post of the day. )


Last edited by Lijo on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The TEXP marking. >_>; Sorry, still learning.)
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:33 am


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: STR: I [+0.0] INT: V [+4.0] DEF: I [+0.0] Aegis: III [+2.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: ---
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing] | Ventus Secundus[HP+6](2Posts)
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(O:17-18|P:17-18) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14)
Units: 25 Commoner Defenders
Shields [50/75]*Gave 25 to Yuki's Unit*
Long Spears [25/25]*Recieved 25 from Yuki's Unit*

Theme: To be King
Location: Noah: V7b:---


Noah would take off the leggings he had, knowing that it would slow him down if he wore it with the other thing that he intended to take." Hey Ana...Can you go get my helmet ? ". She looked at him with an odd look as if she suspected something." Is something going on ? ". Noah didn't want to worry her too much so he mere shook his head." Im just going into an area where I would like to protect my head rather than my legs. It's nothing too dangerous though so don't worry ". Ana listened and then nodded with a reassured smile. She picked up the leggings and made her way over to where they stored the equipment and Items. Moments would pass before she made her way back with his helmet, and oddly enough the colors and feel of the helmet almost matched the gear that he had." Thanks... oh and Ana. When this is all over, Im going to bring you back a special gift... so wait for me alright ? ". Ana nodded in a quick manner." I will ". This caused what appeared to be a genuine smile to appear on Noah's face as he placed the Helmet on. Everyone else had such a negative feel on the battle ahead, maybe it was just Noah who carried no worry. He wanted to admire the beach, and even Ana before it came to him to even warp back to the lands where the battle will be taking place.



Words :: 256 Exp
Gains ::---
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:35 am

Having caught some of the speach given by Alicia, Yuki couldn't help but listen to her moving words as she spoke to the people in an attempt to instil more courage into everyone listening. The half-breeds gaze rose to look at Alicia for a moment as he listened to her moving speech. For a brief few moments as he listened to her, Yuki begin to question why he had come here since he had not been offered any type of payment for coming to the humans aid in this time of need, though as he dwells upon these thoughts Yuki shakes his head to push them aside as he begins to focus on the matter at hand as Alicia finishes her speech. As the female finishes her speak, Yuki keeps his gaze set upon her a few moments longer as he dwells upon what she had said until finally he turns his gaze to the male he had addressed. As the male turned Yuki let his arm fall back to his side as he watched the male turn and bow his head to him, a gesture the half-breed didn't return to the male. As the male spoke to him, Yuki listened and it seemed like the male was willing to accept the offering without knowing what he has to give him. A light smirk flashed across Yuki's face for a brief moment before disappearing as he begins to speak, " While making battle preparations I had to many spears made so I come to you and offer what I have left for any men you may be commanding in this fight. " Yuki says to the male as he motions to the men in his group holding the bundle of twenty five extra spears.
EXP: 298 / 6770
Yukis's Stats:
Health: 170
Stamina: 170 / 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal
Status Effect: Invigorating Shout (+1 Defense, Strength, Aegis. 5 Turns)

Defenders:
- Amount: 25
- Stats: ???
- Bonus: Atk +1, Def/Aeg +1
- Gear: Long Spears, Body Armor, Simple Shields
- Den: 5

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x2
- Long Spears x1 (Large Group, 50 / 75 Used, Yuki's Men, Noah's Men, Free Bundle)

Pitfall #1
- Location: O 21- 22, P 21-22 (the 4 square block)
Pitfall #2
- Location: Q 19-20, R 19-20 (the 4 square block)

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
Lijo
New Recruit
New Recruit
avatar

Rep! : 0

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:27 am

What strange people they were, the various men and women assorted here. There were obvious leaders, and obvious followers, people who were here without any clue how to command a group of people. He had originally counted himself among that group, though he had amassed plenty of theoretical tactical knowledge. His Other Half would even assist him, when it was necessary to do so. The man spoke of spears, to the people he would be commanding. He let a small smile tug at the corner of his lips. Padding his brow lightly with a small hanker chief, he resumed looking quite like a functional officer.

"Well, perhaps I should think before I speak next time. I do greatly appreciate the offer, however, I do not believe I have any men willing to follow me in to battle. My knowledge is limited in scope." He replied, his voice gentle and approving. After all, it had to take some kindness for a person to offer provisions to a complete stranger. "Perhaps another---"

"Don't go makin' silly statements, mate." Came a voice behind the assembled two. One of the other ditch-diggers he'd been working with had approached. "We figure you know where we're comin' from, what we're doin', and what needs to be done. We'll follow ya, for what's ahead." The voice made him pause, and he tilted his head.

"Everyone will?" He asked, curiously. "Not that I mean to offend, but I can hardly command just one man." He offered, before offering him a hand.

"Every last one of us. Tally's out to be about twenty five." Once more, Lijo smiled, softly.

"Very well. I appreciate your willingness, and I will do my best to ensure your survival." He turned to Yuki. "Those spears would be much appreciated now, I think. Thank you again for the offer." He offered a hand to him, as well.

( 354 EXP, 25 men, 25 spears acquired. 2nd post of the day. )
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:48 am


Noah
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: STR: I [+0.0] INT: V [+4.0] DEF: I [+0.0] Aegis: III [+2.0] MOV: I [+0.0] DEX: III [+2.0]
Actions: Performed Tela[WRP6]
Active Skills/Traits: Form:Angel[Undrain] | Form:Archangel[Booster I+Refreshing] | Ventus Secundus[HP+6](1Posts)
Fortifications: Large Elemental Circle(O:17-18|P:17-18) | Large Medical Post(Q:13-14|P:13-14)
Units: 25 Commoner Defenders
Shields [50/75]*Gave 25 to Yuki's Unit*
Long Spears [25/25]*Recieved 25 from Yuki's Unit*

Theme: Hope's Arrival
Location: Noah: J5:K17


It was time. Right when Noah got ready to warp back, Ana would rush behind him and embrace him from behind, and through some connection, despite the armor Noah was able to feel the warm embrace of her hug." Come back...". The genuine smile would turn into a simple smirk." That's the plan crazy woman. In the meanwhile try not to mess everything up ". It was obvious that Noah realized in the moments with her there was soft moments, so he was attempting to show that things haven't changed between them, that he still considered her clumsy, hyper, and all the other crazy things. She saw this, so when he said that to her she could do nothing but smile." I'll do my best but no promises...". Noah's eyes gave off such a flare, true determination to win, not for the sakes of those who were also fighting in the war but for himself. Ana would look at him, blink once and realize he was gone. She would turn back towards the waters and just watch.

Noah would reappear out of nowhere, near the location of Lijo, Yuki, Yuki's Men and his own men. There was no fancy entrance or anything asides from him kneeling. He would just appear there, no lights or anything that indicated a form of distortion. He warped there, bringing himself up with the others in his sight including Yuki." Now...everythings else is done... Im feeling good ". Noah said with a well composed tone of voice, his expression being that of which matched his own tone. In the presence of them was a young boy ready for an intense battle.



Words :: 303 Exp
Gains ::Banner *RoyalBlue*
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:54 am

As the male begins to speak Yuki listens to him and as he listens it seems as if the man didn't have any men that he was leading like the half-breed is doing, this is rather unfortunate since Yuki wished to get rid of the extra spears e had made and this seemed like a good fellow to give them to, at least someone that didn't seem to have spears to use. But with in the moment things seem to change as some men come to the male's aid, some that he seems to know that are offering to fight along side him in this time of strife. Yuki remains silent as he listens to the men exchange words before finally the male he had spoke with turns to him and accepts his offer. This is a rather good turn of events to the half-breed and as the male accepts the offer Yuki gives a faint nod, " Alright. " He says as he gives the signal and the men holding the spears being them up and offer them to the twenty five that have joined Lijo. Reaching out, Yuki takes the man's hand and begins to shake it with a firm grip, " I am Yuki and should you need help I will do what I can to offer assistance to you in the fighting. " Yuki says with a faint nod.
EXP: 228 / 6998
Yukis's Stats:
Health: 170
Stamina: 170 / 170
STR: Abnormal
INT: Strong
DEF: Abnormal
AEG: Strong
MOV: Strong
DEX: Abnormal
Status Effect: Invigorating Shout (+1 Defense, Strength, Aegis. 4 Turns)

Defenders:
- Amount: 25
- Stats: ???
- Bonus: Atk +1, Def/Aeg +1
- Gear: Long Spears, Body Armor, Simple Shields
- Den: 5

Fortifications Build:
- Large Pitfalls x2
- Long Spears x1 (Large Group, 50 / 75 Used, Yuki's Men, Noah's Men, Lijo's Men)

Pitfall #1
- Location: O 21- 22, P 21-22 (the 4 square block)
Pitfall #2
- Location: Q 19-20, R 19-20 (the 4 square block)

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:33 am

The incubus shed a crystalline tear as Alicia's speech reached his ears. "So... beautiful..." He'd produced a handkerchief from... somewhere and began wiping the flood that issued forth from his eyes. "I'd fight for you until the end of the age, Knight Lady." For a moment, the waterworks continued until he remembered that he had a message to tell Iskra.

The self-styled warlord had been pacing around the periphery of the camp, a scowl on his face that dissolved at the incubus's approach. "Any interesting news?"

Run saluted as formally as he could manage. "Some of the people are worried for their safety."

"They worry for no reason." Somehow, she felt stronger from the distant speech of the woman, though she'd paid it little attention. It wasn't so much that what Alicia said wasn't important: it was that there were more important things to be listening to.

The moat was very nearly complete, and some of the engineers of the project were already working on getting the nearby creek to fill the hole full of water. Those that weren't on that half of the project were affixing spare sharp sticks to the bottom of the watery pits. After all, water nowadays often carried nasty infections that could worsen a wound received while flailing about in water full of pointy objects... at least in water as dirty as a moat's.

The incubus walked alongside her, looking out over the construction that was taking place. "They should probably leave before the cloud gets here. It might hurt them or something..."

Iskra shook her head. "They'll be safer here, but you do have a point. They are sort of defenseless. They can duck behind those commoners over there and we'll give those commoners some spears to fight with. From there it should be easier for my men to protect them." They both looked out on the construction of the ditch for a moment. Water began to flood it. Slowly. Slowly, Iskra turned her head to the halfbreed still staring out over the moat. "What on Terra are you waiting for? I said go get them some sticks!"

Run ran off with a yelp of, "Yes ma'am!"

From there, it wasn't long until the same crew responsible for gathering the sharp sticks had found some for a few of the commoners to wield. They wielded them clumsily, of course, and with no practice. The military trained in Rasvamaal attempted to teach them a bit, and they seemed to be slow learners. It was better than nothing, however, so she turned her attention to the approaching crows and clouds.

[ EXP: 508 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques


Last edited by LittleMariko on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King   

Back to top Go down
 
Saga Prologue: March of the Dark King
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» King of the Hill
» King's Own Royal Regiment Museum
» 3523 Private G. Puzey, 3/60th Foot, King's Royal Rifle Corps.
» white bull dark bull confusion?
» The Lone March Series

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shintheory Role-Playing :: DOR :: Roleplaying Board :: Terra Regnum-
Jump to: