Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reaching for Perfection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

Rep! : 2

Reaching for Perfection Empty
PostSubject: Reaching for Perfection   Reaching for Perfection EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Turning, I would step over to the edge of the platform and float down to the ground. Those who had seen what I had just accomplished were smiling, happy to see progress forward. They knew who my master was, and apparently he had a reputation of being someone who was not to be crossed. While I was not one to hide behind my master’s reputation, I wanted to build my own. I wanted to become as strong as my master, and one day surpass him. He smelled strong, and I knew that. There were very few others who gave off that kind of aura. It wasn’t really hostile or anything, it was just absolutely powerful. Heading through the streets, I would continue walking until I reached the outskirts, and the beginning of the forest area.
Birds flitted through the trees of the giant forest, singing their praise to the sun and the beautiful weather that came after a light rain. Light filtered sparsely through the treetops, speckling the forest floor and illuminating the small critters going about their daily lives. It was a nice, relaxing sight, but this peace was not meant to last. The serenity was broken by an angry yell. Soon the source of the disruption stomped around a bend, scattering all the wildlife not already frightened away by her shout. Mud covered the brunette teenage girl walking furiously down a deer path in the forest, the mud dripping down her bare legs and arms with each movement. She was not happy, make that definitely not happy. I would simply stand there with a smile on my face while watching the entire ordeal.
Now, why a beautiful spirit like her would be walking through the forest covered in mud was beyond me. Unfortunately, I wouldn’t have time as she caught her breath, and then continued running. I would keep my eyes on her as she darted across the trees before two other people emerged. Both of them looked rather shady to me, and although I was told to never meddle in others business this was something that I couldn’t allow. After all, she probably didn’t really do anything anyway. As she neared me, I stepped out from the side of the tree to face her. Sliding to a stop, she would drop to the ground and cover her head while panicking. I hadn’t done anything to her that would give this kind of reaction. What in the hell? Shaking my head, I walked to stand next to her while placing my left hand on her shoulder.
“It’s all right.”
That was what I was hoping for. I was hoping that it would all be right. I had no idea what I had gotten myself into, and when the two of them came through the last set of brush, I tried to keep my composure. This wasn’t going to be a friendly spar. Actually, this probably wasn’t going to be a friendly anything. This what I had been waiting for, a real challenge. I knew my master would probably kick my ass across half the town for doing this, but I wanted a challenge. It wasn’t to protect her, it was to prove to myself that I was worthy of being his only student. He was so very strong, and I wasn’t. Somewhere deep inside me I knew I had to fight to get stronger. It wasn’t something that I had thought of beforehand, it was something that I felt inside of me. I knew, somewhere deep down that I had to push myself this way, regardless of the consequences.

649 experience
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

Rep! : 2

Reaching for Perfection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaching for Perfection   Reaching for Perfection EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:25 pm

The distance between all of us would be quickly cut down. Throwing my right arm back, a quick inhale would be taken. My objective was simple: retrace the steps I had used earlier in my spar and quickly pull out the electrical energy inside me. The first of my opponents would take to the left, trying to get around me while his partner took care of me. “lightning…” He didn’t even make eye contact, like I would let that happen. The scream of the young girl, who by the looks was probably about my age, screamed out rather loudly again. I wasn’t going to waste time wondering why she was covered in mud, but I was going to worry about what they had to do with it. Bringing my right arm forward, I would direct my fist straight into the fist of the other spirit. “FIST!” Right before contact, a swift exhale would charge the positive into the negative, resulting in the burst of lightning. The result was something I did not expect. The power that emerged from it was far stronger than what I had anticipated. The blue glow from it expanded up part of my forearm before the guys arm moved backwards.
The spirit’s upper body twisted to the side while I slid, bringing my body parallel to his. With forward momentum continuing forward, my left arm would come around in recoil as I did a half stepped spin. The spin, taking an upward spin, would give a sharp elbow to the chin of the being. I could feel the crunch of teeth as his body fell over, leaving me to face the last one as he neared the young lady. Digging both feet onto the ground I took to the air. I wasn’t that fast, but it would allow me to literally get the drop on the other one. Swinging my right arm backwards in a rather tasteless manner, the same technique of breathing would be used. Sliding to a stop, the guy turned around in time to make contact. He had put his arms up to guard, but missed. I had dropped in front of him before leaping upwards, driving my right arm up underneath his crossed arms. At this close of a range, there would be little he could do to stop the impact. A sharp exhalation and the lightning would return in his face, giving the last of the two a swift knock backwards. His body would be raised slightly off the ground from the force I gave him. A moment later, he was face up in the dust lying next to the girl.
Stepping over to her, I would lean over and pull her to her feet. She was still frightened, and I really had no idea how to handle the situation now. Either way was awkward for me. Without really thinking about it, my arms swept her up and I started to walk back towards the town. She was surprisingly light, though I would not dare call her heavy. After what she had been through, that kind of comment may result in a rather dangerous reaction. I would merely shake my head at the thought until we returned to solid ground. Setting her down on her feet, I would make sure everything was okay. What I didn’t realize was that doing so meant I would spend the rest of my day with her. We would meander through the streets together until we arrived at her residence. It didn’t take the young lady long to get cleaned up. The mud was not really attractive on her, but that was just me. Hours would pass before I realized the time, and what that entailed. The training session with my master had been missed, for the first time in seven years. With her safe, and the other two dispatched, I grabbed my robe and departed as quickly as I could. I would be paying for this one with a lot of visualization training, whether I liked it or not. Maybe if I explained things to him he would understand. That also meant explaining that I had interfered with affairs of others, which was against his rules. Either way, it looked like I was in deep shit…

752 experience
Total : 1,401 experience
Back to top Go down

Reaching for Perfection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shintheory Role-Playing :: DOR :: Roleplaying Board :: Caelestis Regnum-
Jump to: