Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awkward If Not Anything Else

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

Rep! : 0

Awkward If Not Anything Else Empty
PostSubject: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Bran had been thrown atop a giant bear and accompanied by a female Oni who somehow found a way to practically kidnap him. He agreed to go with her but she was pushy about him going at all. "So you are basically gonna just drag me along like a pet now? I don't even know your name yet.." He felt as though she was taken advantage of his willingness to go with her somehow. The licking of his tail only seemed to push that fact forward more in his head. "I almost forgot too. Why did you lick my tail? You seem to have some sort of obsession with it and me." He chuckled. "And we only just met and not even met all that formally at all really." He laughed before letting the woman respond.

EXP: 151, +2 TEXP (posting in two different threads in a day and 5th post of the day.)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:34 pm

"You'd make a nice pet, sure. I'd be happy if I were you. Better pet than dinner, huh?"

The bear lumbered along, though the ride was a bit smoother than could be expected of a trotting horse. "I guess you really are a city kid... that lick was a spell. I thought I might have damaged your tail in grabbing it." The woman sat on the bear's shoulders and looked back towards her current traveling partner. "I'm sorry that you didn't feel we were adequately introduced. Smells always do more for me than names do. I'm Iskra, the one who rules Rasvamaal. Maybe you've heard of me, yea?" She grinned at him. "Are these arrangements uncomfortable for you?"

It was sort of a manifestation of her confidence, of her belief in her own power. Powerful people often required exotic pets or possessions. The colors on the male were exotic to her, much flashier than she'd seen in many other beings, and he seemed to lack the power to resist her intentions for now, though she tried to remain polite about the situation.

[ EXP: 210 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Bran jaw somewhat dropped as the woman he was with finished speaking her name. All her previous words seemed to just go through one ear and out the other after she announced her name. Her name came as such a surprise that he forgot they were riding on a giant bear. "Iska, the Dragon Slayer...?" he mumbled under his breath hoping that the woman didn't detect his slight fear. Bran had heard her name over and over again while he readied himself for his lone travels. He had somehow befriended a person of great power and couldn't believe he did it so easily. It was as if he had some sort of quality she noticed that he didn't yet. Maybe his tail was more like a lucky charm than a burden he thought to himself. "I think the arrangements are pretty good. By the way my name is Bran. I'm not as known as you yet but all will come with time." He grinned as he thought more into the future for a few seconds. Flashes of fire in his hands and a mass amount of people staring him down in front of him. He grinned and dashed forward at the men burning all of them and defeating them. "Yup, only in time." He said as he snapped back into reality.

EXP: 243
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:28 pm

"Careful of your desires," she said, rather abruptly and seemingly out of the blue. "You say that they will come to you in time... pah." A grin stretched over the woman's face, and it was all she could do not to release another jarring, jittering laugh out onto the air. "My desires... they took me to hell and back. I have a simple want of offspring. To get the offspring, I need wealth. To get wealth, I have to... sacrifice people."

A few moments passed, and her tone lightened. "But you are immune to that, unless your demon heritage makes you into that sort of thing. I just want to keep you. You're interesting to me, Bran."

They came into an open meadow in the middle of the trees, and the sunlight was bright, almost blinding as it filtered down from the fluffy clouds that lazed across the field. Bees labored at bushes that were as green and red as a holiday. The long flowers flowed from a stalk to the ground like streams of blood. "That's the sign of my village. We should be getting there soon. When I show it to you, you're free to do whatever you want. You aren't a slave; I just want you to know where you can run to if you need help."

[ EXP: 240 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Iska seemed to have randomly acquired some type of attraction to him. It wasn't anything passionate or involving love but she seemed to want him around her for some reason. He didn't care the reason exactly at this point. She sounded like she had been through a lot of things to even start to achieve her own goals. A lot that she seemed to regret. "I understand my goals won't come easily but I am willing to put myself through things to achieve them. See there is a flame in my soul that just keeps burning and sometimes is uncontrollable for me. So even if I wanted I couldn't stop from trying to accomplish my goals." He grinned and then stared into the meadow they arrived in. It was like nothing he had seen before. The scene seemed to somehow compliment the sun and blue sky. There weren't many places that seemed so peaceful in Bran's eyes which made this place feel like one he would visit a lot more. She spoke about how when they arrived Bran would be free to do what he pleased and wasn't a slave. For some reason he believed her and felt that he could truly trust her somehow. "I'd rather when we arrived that I help you somehow. It sounds like you are giving me a place to stay among other things so I want to help in any way I can, Iska." He spoke while staring at the woman and then stared around his surroundings, still amazed by them.

EXP:279, +1TEXP
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:32 pm

"Help?"

Well, it was terribly kind of him to want to help all of a sudden. How he would be useful outside of the capacity as "exotic pet" hadn't exactly popped into her head yet. She was sure he had some abilities, however. He just needed a little bit of discipline.

"Well..." she began, going over various roles in her head. "You can't fight that well. Do you know how to sing or dance?"

Somehow she didn't feel like she should involve him right away with the darker side of her city unless he sought that out on his own. He didn't seem like someone who she wanted to expose to such a system of oppression and slavery.

Then again, if he made a name for himself, that would have a good effect on her city if she were the one who originally helped him out. Most people in the realms didn't have time to practice the arts. Such things required a patron. She wouldn't mind being his patron if he could entertain her well.

[ EXP: 192 ]

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:17 am

Bran thought over his options for helping Iska's region. He could sing at times but he wasn't much for singing in front of others. One of his talents was getting along with others somehow. He had a knack for getting people to take a liking to him usually by his words, appearance or actions. In a weird turn of events he had somehow gained the liking of Iska through his appearance. Mostly through his tail and other unique hybrid qualities. "I have a talent for getting people around me to start tolike me and trust me. It is a weird thing seeing as I look different from a lot of people but I think that is part of the reason I somehow get accepted and liked by them. I mean look at you? I somehow found a way to gain your trust and liking by just speaking to you some and my appearance. Not like I'm saying I will betray whatever kindness you are giving me at all though." He seemed to think Iska would somehow find a way to believe his last words and in this would help them move on with their building friendship. "My offer still stands on whatever I can do to help out I will. i do not want to betray the kindness that you have started to show me at all." He looked around their surroundings as the giant beast they sat on, kept up in it's pace. "How much further away are we from your establishment? I am excited to see this place."

EXP: 281, +1 TEXP
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:57 am

The bear lumbered as he talked. His heavy steps took him past a few small, straw structures and a few larger ones that blended in with the woods and flowers around them almost completely. The trees were still present, and it was as though they hadn't set foot outside of the woods.

"Not long. Actually, we're here," she announced without the excitement that the phrase implied.

She hopped off of the bear, and a puff of sparkles and light came over the creature.

"Great! I was tired," the bear, now a horned man with black hair of a slight, though muscular, build all but shouted through the black mask on his face. His amber eyes scanned the surrounding area, and he seemed inordinately pleased at what he saw. "Hiking is so exhausting. I must have a bath. Oh, and hello to you, Bran."

Wherever the other man had fallen or stood, the incubus held his hand out for a shake. "My name is Run, but I prefer to be called by my sirname, Rivers. Pleased to meet you. What's your favorite food?"

[ EXP: 205 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:31 am

"Oh we are here? So I c..." Bran's sentence was cut off by the bear suddenly transforming into a man and causing Bran to fall to the ground on the front side of his body. Sparkles surrounded the sight of the man as if he had jumped into a vat of glitter. Bran stood confused at the sight and didn't know how to take it. The confusion was so bad that he didn't even start to clean his face that was now full of dirt. I mean you try riding on what seemed like a wild animal for what seemed hours and then finding out it was really a horned man with a mask. The man spoke saying his name was Run Rivers and put out his hand. Coming back to his senses, Bran took a few seconds to cleaned himself and stand up. He shook the hand of the shape shifter and used his fear for confidence to guide him to say the right words. "That is something that I want to find out how to do." He grinned and then remembered the question directed at him. "My favorite food? I usually like eating things like chicken and some type of green vegetable. But back to that transformation." Bran was more eager to find out about the power he witnessed than much else. "How did you do that and could I learn how to do such a thing or maybe something similar?"

EXP: 263
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:55 am

Taking advantage of Bran's distraction, Iskra's hand would make a wide arc and, with a terrible momentum, swing towards the hybrid's buttocks. If it made contact, it would be with a powerful force and an audible slap that would cause birds to noisily spring from the forest trees and take flight.

"Don't get distracted. If it's not something that comes natural, I can teach you. I know how." Her hand would never move from his buttcheeks until she resumed walking.

Run blinked for a moment. "Well, I suppose we're having chicken and cabbage tonight. I'm so happy that we have a guest!" The odd man seemed like he'd bubble over with cheeriness. "We don't get them very often. The last visitor was this girl who's still chained up in the basement somewhere and she doesn't like to talk much. She just cries... but I think it'll be different for you!"

[ EXP: 174 ]

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Bran was still too distracted by the shape shifting man to notice the slap flying at his under side by Iska. Once the hand connected chills of pain and a short yelp came flying out of Bran"s body. He hand had nicked his tail and quickly sent him back to that place where he couldn't function correctly. He quickly grabbed his tail as if all of the pain was focused on only it. "I... I didn't let my guard down. You are just stronger than me." He said trying to cover up the fact that he wasn't using any of his senses to feel the attack coming. "Also.. Iska.. Can you remove your hand..?" Bran slowly mumbled feeling extremely awkward for the woman to have her hand on his back end. She walked away and with a few steps removed her hand from the hybrid's back side. The horned man spoke of a woman that had visited them and was now sounded like she was imprisoned by them. "Did she do something to get shackled up? Was your food that bad here or something?" Bran laughed shortly as he held his tail away from anyone's grasp, still scared of any contact with anyone touching it.

EXP:229
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Iskra ignored the question from the other man, speaking curtly to the former bear. "Don't talk to him about her."

She didn't offer any further explanations or reasons why, but simply continued walking as she was. A few people scattered around waved as they progressed through the "town".

"Yea, I guess I am stronger than you. Good thing you're not a kami, heh heh heh... oh, have you ever met an angel?"

They came upon a building that towered far above the rest... a veritable king among ruins. Little rodent-like creatures (link) peeked out from various angles among the ruins, their noses and ears twitching inquisitively as electricity periodically sparked off of their cheeks. Clearly they weren't used to strangers either.

The most noticeable thing about the building, however, were the sounds emanating from within. Rather, it was less a sound and more a vibration, louder than the loudest bards in the loudest taverns possible. It rumbled the entire ground. "This is where I live!" she shouted above the din before she opened the door and hearing anything but the music became impossible altogether.

[ EXP: 241 ]

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Bran's question about the woman quickly went unanswered but he ignored any thought of asking again. It didn't seem like a great subject to bring back up, at least not yet. At first the town didn't seem all that different. There were people sprawled out all over that quickly waved to his group. He felt their piercing eyes on him and his appearance. It wasn't the first time he felt anything like that and he knew it wouldn't be the last. He smiled at the members of the town that happened to wave. They at least seemed to acknowledge him and his unique qualities, even though they seemed to start to gawk at him. After sometime they arrived in front of a building that was far more different from the rest. It seemed to be like the castle of the town and after letting Iska speak, it was known to Bran as her home. "This is where you live? Never have I seen anything this big. My small town had nothing that compared to this. It looks like we can fit over a hundred people in it." He stared at the building some more before looking back at Iska and waiting for a response.

EXP:219, +1 TEXP (5 posts)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Iskra continued forwards, politely holding the door open for her new pet friend. "Well, they have all kinds of stuff like this in the eastern ends of the forests. This region is where I'm from. sometimes you see big ruins like this. They don't have them in the western half that I've seen... well, they have small ones. Very small ones that aren't as fancy and don't have as many abandoned relics."

A bunch of the little electric rodents ran up to the new arrivals and gave a sweeping, polite bow.

One of them had a red cloth tied around his head, as though he were preparing to do some physically intense training, and a staff longer than his body (link). This one seemed to be the leader of the company there, who gave a polite bow.

"Honored Goddess..." he began.

Iskra rolled her eyes. This one seldom really talked to her unless they wanted something. "What is it, Lion-O?"

The little yellow creature cleared his throat before he continued. "You've brought many people here and they all seem to be doing quite well. They grow goats and... stuff. All we want is for them to consider growing some grain so our people won't have to forage so far and wide. We've had five fatalities this year just from--"

"Don't worry about it," the woman interrupted, waving a hand. "We'll look into getting you some stuff to eat."

The little mouse-thing grinned, bowing again. "Thank you, most honored one. We've no doubt of your ability to answer our prayers."

Iskra rolled her eyes again and walked past them. They scurried out of the way and back to the various busywork and idling they'd been doing prior to her arrival.

[ EXP: 356 || +1 TEXP (5th post) ]

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Some of Iska's rodent companions came up and started speaking about the conditions they were going through. The lead rodent speaking referred to her as Goddess. This caught Bran in a weird way. Iska was known for defeating a dragon but now she was being compared to a god. She seemed to have more fame than he could have known. After his thoughts stopped, she replied to the man. Their food supply must have been really low for the members of the rodents to come and speak to her. "Sounds like there is something I can help with here, Iska. Also will be a way for me to show you what I can do. You never know what skills you have until you find them after all." Bran looked towards the Oni female with a grin. "I will help find more food for the city in a way.. Sound good?" Bran still was craving some sort of adventure and he felt that searching for food would be a great way of doing that such thing. He felt that the quest would give him more of a type of training also and would help him gain some sort of new skill. A fire seemed to start to burn in his eyes that wouldn't be put out unless he would be able to do the mission for the town. He didn't know if Iska would agree to giving him such a quest so soon but if she did, Bran wouldn't give up until finding such a food source.

EXP:268, + 1 TEXP (250 exp)

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:21 pm

The rats blinked at the man who suddenly spoke. Nose twitches traveled through the small pack like a wave, and they hopped closer, sniffing everywhere and asking a dozen questions at once.

"Hey, what are you?"

"Whoa! What a wild hair color! Are you a god too?"

"Can you make electricity?"

"I think he looks sort of like one of us."

"I bet he's wicked with poi."

"Poi! Oh cool! Remember when Ragweed tried with those and caught his tail on fire?"

"Yea, ragweed was dumb."

"You said you're going to get us some food, Mister?"

"I like buckthorn."

"I like cherries."

"I don't like cherries. Get us some strawberries!"

Lion-O spoke up above everyone and the general thumping of the bass still in the background. "Berries spoil quickly and they don't last the winter. If we're interested in having food for a long time, we should get wheat and corn."

For a moment, the only thing that could be heard was the background music before all of the rodents answered, once again speaking at the same time.

"You're so smart, Lion-O!"

"I prefer corn, though."

"Wheat tastes nice too."

"And some millet! Millet lasts a long time too, right?"

"Thank you, Mister!"

"Wait, what was his name?"

"He's got red hair and a red tail. I think we should call him Redtail."

"His name's Redtail?"

"What a funny name for a god."

"It doesn't matter. All hail Redtail! Bringer of food!"

"Hail! Hail!"

Their cheeks began to spark as they cheered.

"Cherries!"

"Wheat!"

"Corn!"

"Food!"

[ EXP: 314 ]

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:55 pm

Bran smiled at the small rodents. He had never known rodents to speak or anything close to human like nature but they were like smaller people. He looked at Lion-O and nodded to him. "Fruit does spoil quicker. Wheat and corn will be your best bet. Now we need to let the Goddess here say yes or no to my idea." Bran stared towards Iska as if she would respond that instant. He knew a little about what food would survive the cold by his time living in his home town. By how she sounded earlier she seemed to not care much about the rodents even though they had come out of the building she lived in. "I'd need to find some wheat seeds and find a good place to plant them. I think the fields i saw outside of the town will be pretty good for that." Bran's thoughts started to come out through his mouth. He spoke to himself to get more ideas across his mind but Iska probably would be able to help with his ideas more than anyone, seeing as to how she had traveled around.

EXP:205, +1 TEXP (Post in another thread)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:51 pm

If there was one thing that Iskra knew precious little about, it was the farming of plants. Firstly, farming was a product of civilization and many generations of trial and error. Secondly, it produced products that she found wholly inedible, as the only produce she consumed was the flesh of live things. Bread, such as that produced by wheat and corn, was a grey area, but it was wholly unfun to eat.

"Yes," Iskra began in response, understanding that her new pet friend was looking to her for guidance. "You can start there. You might find some wild wheat and corn, but the humans have seeds that make fatter corn. There are farming encampments around in the woods. You can either go steal or ask them for some, and they might have to give you some directions on how to actually use the things." She wrinkled her nose, as though they were discussing something scatological. "If you do visit a human camp, though, would you get me a goat or two? We're almost out."

[ EXP: 204 ]

Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:36 pm

He stared at the woman as she spoke over what he could do. It sounded like they didn't have very many people in the town that knew how to farm well. Bran thought of ways of changing that. The farming encampments could be a great place for Bran to show his skills of gaining people's trust. Through gaining the trust and liking of others he could possibly get some farmers to join in the town and help with the food problem. "Looks like tomorrow I will head out and try to recruit some farmers. Won't know how long it will take until I am done but it shouldn't be that long." Bran's stomach started to growl after he finished his sentence. The growl was loud enough to be heard by everyone close to him. He hadn't ate anything since leaving his village and meeting Iska. "Speaking of food.." He mumbled as he rubbed his stomach to try and sooth the growls away. "Sounds like I need some restocking of the gut, if you know what I mean." Bran smiled as he spoke but it didn't seem to be funny to anyone else. He tried playing it off like he meant it to not be funny at all but it also seemed not to work well in his favor. Even after rubbing his stomach over and over it still growled which made the scene seem even more awkward.

EXP: 258, +1 TEXP (one post of 250+ exp)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
LittleMariko

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Iskra rolled her eyes again.

The former bear's face lit up with glee. "He's hungry!"

It seems a trail of stars might have followed him as he pranced through the foyer, up the balcony, down a hallway, and off to the kitchen. "I'll fix you something right away. You'll love it, I guarantee!"

The owner of the building turned her hands up with exasperation. "Good going. He's going to get carried away and cook up half of the house now."

His voice rang from deeper inside the club. "Did someone move my wormwood salts? Nevermind! Here they are!"

The hyena demon sighed and rubbed her temples. "He always cooks... so much... and I always have to go out and get more. I guess you're going to have to bring me back a few other things too. If he kills a chicken or a cow for the meat, we're going to need a replacement. Also..." She hesitated, as though she were about to tell him something she wasn't supposed to. "If you can find any warm blankets... wool blankets or pelts... we're going to need some too. We have a few... female guests. They get cold at night, and I don't want them coming down with a sickness."

[ EXP: 231 || +1 TEXP (5th post) ][UPDATE CHECKPOINT]

Last edited by LittleMariko on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bran
New Recruit
New Recruit
Bran

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Bran attempted to control his stomach but found out quickly that he had no control over when the sound wanted to come out or how loud it would sound. He just smiled as the man who transformed from a giant bear, ran off. Iska voiced her annoyance in her companions soon to be done actions. If it were true Bran would have his hands full plus a full bag on his back. For now though his mission worries would have to come later. His stomach had started speaking for him allover again, doing so even though his mind wasn't on food. "Sorry to make him run off like that. My stomach gets a mind of its own sometimes and just doesn't know how to calm down." He rubbed his belly as he spoke. "I will make sure to get more food for everyone and blankets for the women you spoke of. Don't worry by the way. I'm a pretty reliable person." He smiled but whatever cool points he might have scored were cut off by the sudden loud rumbling of his stomach again. He stared outward at nothing important, with no emotion. "Calm down. We will have something to grub on in a few. Its not like we are gonna die or something." He rubbed his stomach over and over again as he spoke and coincidentally enough his stomach growled back at his comments.

EXP: 259, +1 TEXP (250+ exp post)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awkward If Not Anything Else   Awkward If Not Anything Else Empty

Back to top Go down

Awkward If Not Anything Else
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shintheory Role-Playing :: DOR :: Roleplaying Board :: Terra Regnum :: NW Forest Region :: North West Forest Region (Archived)-
Jump to: