Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Journey

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: The Journey   Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:43 am

Never before had Iskra used a pack animal. It was a peculiar human invention, but one that the demon decided to use for this particular trip. The goats she'd won from the farmer were quite tame as far as goats went, though they might have simply been frightened by the scent of hyena that clung to her like a foul cologne.

Atop the beasts she tied blankets, a little bit of food, and a few fine canteens that she'd filled with water. Most other things she could carry on her person, including the six little eggs that she'd acquired during her last time in hell.

It wasn't much. The rest they would take forcibly from the inferior humans traveling about the place. She had a friend who was a merchant and had a wagon, but she didn't think to spare them because they shared a trade with Nori. Instead, she thought of it as cutting down on his competition.

The sun peeked over the treeline after a time, its coming first preceded by a dark blue sky. Soon her mercenary friend would awaken if he wasn't up already.

[ EXP: 206 ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Journey   Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 pm

After a night of slumber in a foreign place, Yuki begins to rouse from his slumber as the new day begins to dawn. As the half-breed begins to rouse from his slumber he slowly begins to open his eyes, his gaze blurry as he slowly shifts it to glance around. At first he didn't realize where he was, something that pushed him into a angered panic as he quickly sits up, a soft growl escaping him as he again glances around. As he glances around Yuki finally comes to remember where he is and why he had come to be here. As he comes to realize these facts, Yuki lets out another growl as he brings up a hand and rubs his face. The female he has plans to do a job for was not here, though given the fact that they had a deal she was probably not far from here or possibly still asleep. Dropping his hand from his face, Yuki lets out a yawn as he slowly raises from the floor, climbing to his feet before glancing around once again. Recalling the events of the previous night, Yuki begins to move forwards, making his way from the room he had rested in and back down to the first floor of the building before making his way outside. Making his way out side, Yuki brings a hand up to shield his gaze from the rays of the morning sun, a growl escaping his parted lips, " Fucking sun... " The half-breed murmurs as he runs a hand through his hair before letting his hand fall back to his side as he glances around.

EXP: 282 | 282

-----------------
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: The Journey   Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:07 pm

The goat was apprehensive, but ready. To further prevent them from running off, Iskra picked up a spare stick left over from the construction of the makeshift pen and tied a leather thong through and across them in a manner that formed a very rough yoke. This allowed her to lead them both rather easily by it, and if they spooked over something or decided to wander off, they'd be held in place by the stick.

A quick sniff informed the hyena demon that her friend had awoken, and she didn't turn to see where he was. He still bore the stale scent of one who had just gotten up without washing or any sort of preparation, and she hypothesized that he was still groggy. "There's a small stream just over those trees if you want to wash up," she offered, attempting to be friendly. She didn't have much need of washing herself. As a beast, she often licked herself clean in her alternate form, and that small measure of cleanliness transferred over to her humanoid form. "We'll leave after that if you're ready."

[ EXP: 207 ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Journey   Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:33 pm

The half-breed shifted his gaze about until he heard the voice of the female he was working for at the moment. Upon hearing her voice, Yuki shifts his attention to her as he listens to her statement about the stream. Yuki keeps his gaze set upon the female for a brief moment before he shifts his gaze from her, nodding faintly at her statement about the stream in the woods. Lifting his head, Yuki sniffed at the air a bit, getting the scent of the water the woman spoke of. Shifting his attention again back to the woman as she spoke again, Yuki gave a faint nod to her statement, " Alright.. " He murmured lightly as he shifts his gaze over her form for a moment, " You won't change me again with out my permission, do you understand? " Yuki says as he looks at the woman, his words holding a hint of anger though he held back the full extend of the anger he held at the actions that had been done to him, right now he had a job to do. Turning his gaze from the woman after the statement, Yuki begins to move once again, not waiting an answer from the woman, making his way into the woods as he follows the scent of water leading him to the stream. Coming upon the stream, Yuki set his belongings down before undressing, setting his cloths down with the rest of his belongings. After undressing Yuki moves into the stream and begins to wash up, taking hand fulls of water and using them to wash his body before lowering his head down to the water and pouring some water onto his head to wash his hair. Finishing with his hair, Yuki takes a handful of water and uses it to wash his mouth out before getting a handful of water to drink. Finishing up with his wash, Yuki makes his way back out of the stream and slips his cloths back on and gathers his things before heading back to where he had last seen the woman.

EXP: 264 | 546

-----------------
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: The Journey   Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:18 am

"I'll do what I please, and you'll do well to remember that. I'm the one paying you."

It was a simple statement, but apparently effective since the man retreated to wash. Iskra took the time to look after a few more peculiars. The thunder rat clan took pride in the land, so she wasn't very worried about coming back to ruined ruins. No doubt there would be plenty of carrion on the road even if she didn't bring enough to eat. She might have wished for better company, but he seemed like he would make a decent assistant for the simple task of kidnapping a girl.

When Yuki returned, they were ready to depart, and she stepped off quietly, tugging the goats behind her. They bleated once in helpless protest, but soon fell into line, awed by the immensity of the forest and its capacity to hold hidden predators. Instincts older than the Dawn told them to remain quiet, lest they attract that undesired attention lurking in the underbrush.

It was kind of odd not to have to carry one's things, Iskra thought. Burdening another animal with the weight for her own benefit... it wasn't unlike the institution of the brothel that she was leaving.

[ EXP: 233 || +1 TEXP (5th post) ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Journey   Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:35 am

Coming upon where he had left the female, the half-breed shifts his gaze for a moment before bringing his gaze to rest upon his client. With his gaze set upon his client Yuki makes his way over to her as there journey begins. " You may do as you please with your... merchandise but I am not part of your belongings. " The half-breed says as he slowly shifts his gaze from the female and to the forest, " And yes, you are the one paying me for this, though that does not mean you can simply turn me into a female with out warning or approval. " The half-breed says as he glances back to his client for a moment before shifting his gaze to the animals she has brought with her, " Tell me, why are you bringing all that along with you? " He asks as he glances at the things she had on the goats before turning his attention back to her, " The journey would go faster if we.. or rather you, traveled with out so much. " Yuki says before falling silent as he turns his attention back ahead of them, his gaze shifting about the forest.

EXP: 206 | 752

-----------------
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: The Journey   Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Before Iskra could truly respond, there was a terrible crack of thunder.

In seconds, the sky opened up and seemed to vomit. Water poured from the sky as though from a bucket. Painful hail joined in shortly afterwards, and Iskra frowned, walking quickly back towards her home with her clothes soaked. One of the goats she had yoked went down as a particularly large hailstone knocked it in the head. The other goat baa'd plaintively, unable to move effectively because of the dead weight of its partner.

"We'll have to do this a bit later!" she yelled over the roar of the storm. "Come back in a while and perhaps we could finish this!"

Of course, it pained her to know that yet another attempt to procure stock for her brothel had failed, but it would be pure insanity to continue on as inclement as the weather had gotten.

She closed the door and stacked many things in front of it lest the storm blew the door down. This coincidentally locked Yuki outside, but she didn't mind much.

With a yawn, she walked back towards her room, deciding she would have a nap.

[ EXP: 221 || +1 TEXP (5th post) ]

-exit-


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Journey   Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Gazing at the forest the half-breed waited for the female to respond and there journey to start, though before any such thing could happen the weather takes a turn from the nice sunny day as it begins to thunder and let loose the rain and hail. As it begins to hail the half-breed brings an arm up and uses it to protect his head as he looks to the female. As he watches the female she begins to speak and it seems that she doesn't wish to partake in this mission anymore given the weather. The half-breed give the female a faint nod since she wanted to end the mission, if that is what she wanted to do then so be it. The half-breed begins to follow after the female with the invite to join her back inside however before he can make it inside with her she shuts the door, pretty much on his face, and barricades herself behind it to get away from the storm. The half-breed lets out a soft growl as he turns and begins to walk away.
-Exit-

EXP: 187 | 939

-----------------
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Journey   

Back to top Go down
 
The Journey
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Journey Through Omashu
» Journey
» A long journey
» My Magical Journey
» Wonder Woman: A Hero's Journey

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shintheory Role-Playing :: DOR :: Roleplaying Board :: Terra Regnum :: Terra Main Archives-
Jump to: