Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shintre
Admin
Admin
avatar

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:04 pm

The Dragon Quest
Level: Intermediate (Recommended Levels 20 - 60)
Location: Southern Medius (Map)

Summary
The summit of O13 is home to a fierce dragon. Lately it has been sighted terrorizing settlements in Southern Medius (M12). The harassed villages are offering rewards to any person or group who is able to take care of the dragon problem. Come to the village to learn about it, or hear rumors of the dragon. Either way, the objective is to find it and take it out!...

Posting Rules
Post Locations
No posting order
Bio's frozen by 12 mid (tonight)

Dragon Weaknesses
Magic: ??

Dragon Immunities
Magic: ??, ??, ??
Status Effects: ??, ??, ??

Participating Members:
 

Begin!

Far and wide over the land people clamor. A problem has arisen! Something great and catastrophic. Something whose news spreads through the ppl like a wild fire. A dragon! That is the name given to the great and fierce beast. It has wings, horns, and skin that no man can pierce!

The merchants connect the major cities and word travels with them. It becomes a topic of conversation in passing.

“Have you heard?”

“There is a great beast near the largest summit of the southern mountain ranges.”

“Many men have tried to fight it off and have died. Even magic users have fallen to the beast.”

“The rumors are real! A reliable source saw it with his own eyes.”

“It wiped out an entire group of the Adventurer’s Guild in seconds!”

“Do not approach that area! It is dangerous.”


-
You are passing through Southern Medius when you hear the rumors of the dragon. You become aware that the dragon’s activity is stirring and a small village in M12 is preparing for the dragon’s attack. You hear a rumor that the dragon nest is at the summit of the mountain @ O13. The summit is 10 km high, cold and treacherous to get to by land. You can either wait for the dragon to appear or try to locate it on your own. There’s no guarantee that the rumors of its nest are true.

-----------------
- The Big Cheese -
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:48 pm


Castiel Angelum Lucis
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Athena Lacrimae
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Theme: Cross of Fate
Location: Castiel: M12 / Athena: M12



With all the traveling, one would think that the party of Castiel and Athena would be tired, but the truth was neither of them was exhausted. They both carried a kind of serious expression, Castiel more than Athena, not knowing what to expect. With each passing day they learned more and more of the world, and with that the dangers that dwelled within them. Nonetheless the two continued on to their destination to the small village of where the rumors originated. Looking at Athena now, she would give the idea of a secretary though without the suit, walking by Castiel in a confident manner, not cocky. In her mind, she didn't know how things would play out from the point of reaching the village, but she would have loved to be in Vera's shoes at the moment, resting back at another village without a care in the world. Both of them would arrive at the village entrance, looking around for a moment." I think this is the place Athena...". Athena looked up towards Castiel and nodded before turning back to the village." What do we do from here ? ". Castiel didn't reply, but simply took a few steps forwards and then continued onwards, which would cause Athena to follow immediately behind him without questioning. First thing on Castiel's mind was finding a good place in some shade to think things over, possibly indoors or something.



Words :: 268 Exp
Gains ::
-
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:05 pm


Dragon Quest
Dragons had always seemed a thing of fantasy to Alicia. In the cruel world she lived in on a day-to-day basis, it was hard to imagine that a beast as great as a dragon would go unnoticed for so long by her village- and prior to now they had hardly had time to deal with such creatures what with the tribe's ever-growing expansion and whatnot. However, those times had long since past- and it seemed that more and more things that the Knight had only heard of in rhyme and story were coming to be part of the dangerous world she lived in.

Not exactly the most comforting thought, considering.

At any rate- the Knight arrived in the village that had issued the bounty on the dragon's head. Under normal circumstances, she would have never made such a trip to fight such a dangerous opponent- especially on her own; but times were desperate- and her people needed all of the items they could get before they left for Mare Maris. Part of Alicia- a rather large one, actually, almost wanted to simply give up already- to state that the beast was too difficult for her to face, or that she had arrived too late and someone else had already claimed the reward- not out of cowardice- but because it would make her tribe have to stay in the land her father fought tooth and nail for years for just a bit longer. However- the Code didn't allow that- and Alicia knew it was a bad thing to put her personal needs before those of her people.

With a deep sigh, she passed the gate to the village, nodding at a few passersby with a grim countenance that said (or at least she hoped it said) "Hey, I'm here to kick ass and kill dragons- and I'm all out of ass." She was far from cocky about it- more determined than anything else, it seemed. She continued onward for a short while- heading in the direction of the village Elder (or whoever was in charge here) before spotting two familiar faces sitting in the shade nearby. Approaching the couple, who seemed to travel everywhere together- (unless it was just chance that Alicia had seen the both of them together in the two times she had seen them) she raised her hand and waved it once before offering her hand to them.

"Well met, Sir Lucis- Miss Lacrimae," she said with a grin growing on her features, "I didn't realize you lived around these parts. Or perhaps you're here for some dragon slaying as well?"

xp: 470 # 470 xp

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:44 pm


Castiel Angelum Lucis
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Athena Lacrimae
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Theme: Cross of Fate
Location: Castiel: M12 / Athena: M12



The two made it to the shaded area, though before they could really begin speaking on what to do next, a familiar individual made their way over to them, catching their attention with their voice. Athena was the first one to look to the person first only to realize that it was Alicia. Her expression immediately shifted to that of a happy person out of the good feeling of seeing Alicia again. Castiel head soon followed to take a look at Alicia, and though his smile wasnt as bright as Athena's smile, it displayed that he was quite glad to see her again as well." Alicia! it's so great to see you again! " She didn't answer Alicia's question out of being glad to see her, which then the question as left for Castiel to answer. He nodded slightly before rubbing the back of his head." Yea we're here for the dragon as well...Word got to us through rumors. Seeing you here I can assume the same ? " He asked, bringing his hand from behind his head and placing it to his side. His right hand extended out towards Alicia in a similar manner to how she did them when they first met.



Words :: 216 Exp
Gains ::
-
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:58 pm


Dragon Quest
Nodding, she accepted the man's hand in a firm handshake- her grin growing as she did so. "Not the type to sit back and let the world burn, are you?" Apparently this was her idea of a joke, as she chuckled to herself over her own comment. "Still, it's nice to see that at least two people I know will be aiding me with the beast- unless you planned on taking the thing on by yourselves?"

Whatever the Guardian's answer- Alicia would nod in reply- scratching the side of her cheek with her gauntleted hand as she did so. "So, have you guys spoken to anyone about taking the job yet? Or are we just supposed to charge on up there- swords drawn and shouting obscenities at the thing?" She glanced around the small village for a moment, looking for any other oddly dressed individuals, "I'm willing to bet that we weren't the only people drawn here by the rumors, after all. Goodness and greed are both strong pulls for people- so we can only assume that we'll either have to get moving soon or form an alliance of sorts with the others that show up as well. Provided-" she turned her gaze back to the couple- a bit embarrassed that she had assumed so much, "You two are willing to work with me, that is? I'm more than willing to lend my aid to you, if not. Despite my skill, I'm willing to bet this thing could eat me in one gulp if it wanted to."

xp: 269 # 739 xp

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:22 am


Castiel Angelum Lucis
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Athena Lacrimae
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Theme: Cross of Fate
Location: Castiel: M12 / Athena: M12



Castiel also chuckled slightly at her words about him not letting the world burn. As much of a joke as it was, it was true and it seemed like she already knew him so well. there were many reasons to be here to take on the dragon, but she picked the exact reason for him. He shook his head a bit when she basically asked if they intended to take on the dragon alone. That was his intentions, but when she brought it up it kind of sounded like they were going to do something crazy." No no no, We came here figuring there was a chance that you'll be here ". He knew how bad that sounded, so he released a sigh and nodded." yea I had intentions on going at it alone ". Athena looked at Castiel and then back to Alicia, nodding slightly as she agreed that other people would probably be drawn here." We were just forming a plan about where we should go from here. You bumping into us here is nothing less of good fortune, Im 100% with us working together ". She looked over to Castiel waiting for a reply from him about them working together on this." I feel the same way. At least together, the chances of us being devoured is lessened... though still not out of the woods ". He trusted working with Alicia since their last encounter, which went over in a pleasant way." We can't treat this like a race at the moment, despite the amount of individuals it pulls. We keep close to our party of just you, me and Athena for now. Gather decent Information, and then move out giving that everyone in the party is ready".



Words :: 303 Exp
Gains ::
1 TEXP [Earn at 250 EXP in a day.]
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
avatar

Rep! : 2
Location : Baltiwhore

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:53 am


The bell tower was nice and cool in the shade. I hadn’t wanted to return all the way to the higher realm, so I had landed on the tower of what looked to be some sort of religious facility, crossed my legs, and floated to the floor to sleep. It wouldn’t be but a few hours before voices awoke me, talking about some sort of creature. A dragon? What was that? I had heard of no creature like that in my times down here so far. Due to the simple fact that they sounded worried, and were talking rather loudly, I was unable to get a full term of sleep. My body would roll over, allowing me to look down through the bell shaft and into the church below. The villagers were extremely worried about this creature and that was enough for me to get involved. Continuing the rotation, my body would float down from the bell tower towards the land walking humans below. The long white and blue robes would flow around me in the morning light, making one hell of an entrance. I was rather satisfied with it when I landed. Their gazes of awe would not keep me there. I had a dragon to go slay.. as soon as I figured out what a dragon was. Taking one step forward, the next one would be upwards into the air, allowing my body to walk on air towards the entrance. Right now it was time to put my plans to return to the higher realm on hold. The doors would open in front of me, allowing me to walk out into the open, dirty street before me.

W/P Count : 290/290/1
Location : M12
Mood : ready to rock
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
avatar

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:39 am

The Dragon Quest
Level: Intermediate (Recommended Levels 20 - 60)
Location: Southern Medius (Map)

Summary
The summit of O13 is home to a fierce dragon. Lately it has been sighted terrorizing settlements in Southern Medius (M12). The harassed villages are offering rewards to any person or group who is able to take care of the dragon problem. Come to the village to learn about it, or hear rumors of the dragon. Either way, the objective is to find it and take it out!...

Posting Rules
Post Locations
No posting order
Bio's frozen by 12 mid (tonight)

Dragon Weaknesses
Magic: ??

Dragon Immunities
Magic: ??, ??, ??
Status Effects: ??, ??, ??

Participating Members:
 

Begin!

Current setting @ the village is still morning. Blue skies above and it looks like it’s going to be a pleasant day.

The village is buzzing with the latest gossip of the dragon. The dragon was famous in a Bradgelina way. There was a lot going on in the lil village. There were carts by houses of ppl who were going to leave their home and evacuate the village.

Kids run around w/wooden swords talking about slaying the dragon. There were also a lot of adventurers gathered here. The inns would be filled w/ppl trying to get info on the dragon and preparing to go search for it.

There’d be burn marks in the ground outside the village w/evidence that the dragon had been here before. But right now everything was quiet. Not a lot going on, but there is a large group of adventurers talking about dragon related stuff in the Tavern.

The mt passes far outside the village already had adventurers traveling it to get to the icy peak of the mountain to kill the dragon and make a name for themselves. Up the mt. more a group of Adventurers lead by Hiliger are about 1 mi. from the summit. The top of the mt. has harsh winds moving @ high mphs with biting cold and narrow passes to climb up. There is a cave at the top of the mountain. The entrance to the cave would be about two stories high, 25 ft wide and dark after the first 20 yrds into it.

-----------------
- The Big Cheese -
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:11 pm


Dragon Quest
Opening her mouth as if to speak, Alicia was rudely interrupted by cries of awe from elsewhere in the city. Closing her jaw, she stood and turned towards the source of the noise (knocking her chair over in the process), hand on her trusted blade as she did so. "Is the dragon here already?" She muttered, more to herself than anyone. Glancing back at Castiel for a moment, the Knight nodded and motioned for the two to follow her.

Of course the dragon would attack the city before we had a chance to go up and kill it... she thought to herself as she ran, dismayed. The loss of innocent life would be devastating- but she supposed it would be better for her and the others who had come to slay the beast- what with the fact that they wouldn't be battling it on a mountaintop.

For a town being attacked by a dragon- there sure wasn't much screaming going on either... and she couldn't see any large reptilian wings. Maybe this whole thing was over-exaggerated...? Fire- a thing that was almost never lacking in the stories she was told about them- also seemed to be strangely absent from this particular encounter.

Then she saw man with the flowing white and blue robes walking on air before her.

With a sigh, Alicia's hand dropped off her sword and she muttered to herself- "No dragon... just another goddamned freak. Awesome." Shaking her head, she approached the small crowd of people who had gathered around the floating individual, picking up her gait slightly in order to catch up with them. "Please explain to me-" she continued- still mostly speaking to herself, "Why we can't just have normal adventures and meet normal people doing normal things? No- instead we get demons and demigods floating around and making a scene wherever they go. I swear- if I had to drink a pint every time I've seen something weird in these last few weeks- I'd be plastered into a coma- for shit's sake..."

Taking a deep, calming breath, Alicia spoke in a louder voice- not bothering to turn to see if Castiel and Athena had followed her- but still addressing them nonetheless. "Well- may as well check out the inn or see if anyone around here knows anything about the beast," she said, still walking. "Worst comes to worst, we at least know it lives up on that mountain outside of town."
xp: 459 # 1198 xp

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:28 pm

A spotty-haired woman strolled confidently into the village, scrutinizing the burn marks on the ground with a brief squint.

The rumors of the dragon reached her when she stopped at a small merchant encampment on her way out of the southern woods, and as a hunter who recognized the immense value of dragon parts, she'd come, bringing her friend along as well.

"Lethe, we can do some poking around later. These markets should be giving away meat cheap. It's harder to preserve and move around than other goods." Hanging out with her merchant friend in the desert had taught her some valuable lessons.

She wasn't in any particular hurry to get to the dragon for the moment. She knew humankind to be one with dulled senses, and though the dragon would be large and hard to miss, it obviously wouldn't be in hiding if it was too prominent of a thing. The gears in her mind were turning as she absorbed the words from around her, the rumors that split the crisp, morning air. Wings. Skin that no man can pierce. Many men have died fighting it. Naturally, it would be smarter to lag a bit behind the larger group of people so they could tire it out before her arrival.

Besides, she had the advantage of her keen nose. She waited at a meat counter for her hybrid friend to catch up.

[ EXP: 265 ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 5
Location : Almost Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Following closely behind the spotty haired woman was a tall, broad warrior with long white hair. His face, neck, and visible sections of his shoulder were garnished with a large string of tattoos. What meaning other people would take from them was unknown, but for Lethe they were the sign that he had full control over his power now. Thanks in large part to his leader Iskra, he was free of the cumbersome consciousness of Samael. He was sure that he'd be much more capable for her now, and as he walked behind her he often ran a free finger along the tattoos on his face. They were fresh, only a few days old, and had an add tingling feeling about them. Demon blood underneath human skin must have that effect.

They were in this area after Iskra had heard about some local problem. Flying lizards or something of the sort, or at least that's what Lethe always considered dragons to be. Lethe nodded in silent acknowledgement of her assertion, even though he was less concerned with shopping. The glory of killing such a beast would be a great story to spread about his clan, heightening their fame and furthering his cause.

In being lost in his own thoughts he'd fallen behind, and after realizing this he navigated through the crowds until he was beside the short spotty woman. "When are we heading up?" He asked, referring to the area the dragon nested. There was most likely other people already heading there to take it down, but he wasn't overly concerned. Regular humans, or at least a small group of them, wouldn't stand all that great of a chance against such an imposing creature without further help.

EXP: 323
PWC: 323
Other: +1 TEXP (June 30th, posted in 2 threads)

-----------------
Lethe | Human Hybrid
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:41 pm

Iskra approached a half-SUV, half cart that a man was stuffing several pounds of dried fishes into as Lethe asked his question. "It will be easier for us to kill the dragon if we wait for the people with no patience or discernment to kill themselves wearing it out. Hey, you, how much is the fish?"

After a brief negotiation, Iskra left a collection of firm bones and reptile skins with the man and had about ten fishes for her bag. She guided her friend back to the outskirts of the villages. Her ears were full of the hearsay, and his might be too. No matter. This presented the perfect opportunity for her to practice her tracking skills, since she was disinclined to want to run off to a location so quickly just because a bunch of humans, who at times seemed to know little of how the world actually worked, said so. It would be a last resort.

So in the dim of the early morning light, she made sure she was outside of the village and out of sight of the villagers or anyone else before she shifted back into her more bestial form.

Now more comfortable, she gestured towards the burn marks on the ground.

Making her way gingerly towards the marks of destruction on the ground, she began to use her keen sense of smell as well as her eyes to try and confirm which direction the dragon might have gone after his killing spree.

[ EXP: 271 ]

Request for Shinteraction!
Used
> Sensing - SML (2) [Honed]
> Sensing - TRK (2) [Mastered]
To try and confirm which direction the dragon went. Does Iskra find anything interesting?


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:41 pm

The member 'LittleMariko' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '[ Honed ]' :


--------------------------------

#2 '[ Mastered ]' :
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:13 pm

One particular word had brought Jack here. Dragon.

Now Jack had seen a few creatures who claimed they were dragons mostly over egotistical spirits taking on the forms of the winged reptiles just to take the namee and attempt to be awesome. In truth however although some were a good imitation real dragons were far rarer. And far more powerful. So Jacks curiousity brought him here on the off chance that this was actually a real dragon. And not just some fake. If it was a fake. Then he'd have to bitch slap it one for the team and get it to choose a far more conspicious form to take. The village was strangely calm for those preparing for attack by dragon. Perhaps it was the fact that most people had evacuated. Then again. They could all just be very. Very stupid. That of course seemed to be the word of choice when he moved by the tavern filled to the brim with adventurers already talking about dragon slaying. As if such fools as they could slay such a beast. A real dragon was not slain by steel or magic alone. It took something far more than that.

Jack took a look around, and then eyes moving up to the mountain as he heard the rumours. If the beast lived up there. Likely this place would be razed to the ground by now. That was Jacks thoughts on the matter anyways. Dragons like most lizard kind tended to be extremely territorial. Although the outlying areas did show burn marks. This could have easily been a case of a dragons raid. Stealing cattle whilst breaking on its path of destruction to keep back those foolish creatures who might try to challenge the god like lizard for their live stock.

Regardless. Jack had to wonder just where they were getting the information that the dragon was bound to attack this village in the first place. If it had attacked already and lived nearby. This place would be little more than smoldering ash. Even with defenders and adventurers. Once again he was reminded of the princess situation. Far too many complex questions. Too few answers. So with that Jack decided it was best to do what he could investigation wise. And. As always it seemed. This led him directly to the matriarch. He stayed quiet watching her and her...man servant. Knight. Whatever he seemed to be at the moment. Before coming into the conversation himself. " It would seem Matriarch, that we both hold a patent for the curious". A tap of his cane against the cobbled stones as he moved forward. Stopping a few feet away from Iskra and Lethe. " Regardless. I would not expect much from these adventurers....even as flesh shields to wear down such a creature". He shook his head.

" True dragons are not harmed so easily by weapons of mere steel. Nor by the magic of any average mage....even should they be damaged a dragon..much like a lizard...is highly adaptive and its powers of regeneration I hear are quite bold".

He shrugged. " Personally I'm not really here to slay as much as....find out if its a real dragon or not".

EXP: 597
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:35 pm

"Well, I'm here for slaying," Iskra continued matter-of-factly. "That plant thing in the mansion gave up some pretty awesome goods. Just imagine how much we could get from something like a dragon." A vision of wealth danced across her brain, albeit it was the decidedly simple vision of getting that drafty hole in her building patched. "Dragon skin and scales can probably be used to make armor. Its bones and claws could be made into weapons. It's whiskers and tongue and eyes could be charms. I'll keep the teeth for myself, but could you imagine how much people would be willing to trade for such items?" She grinned malevolently as she sniffed another blackened spot. "It's exactly what my brothel needs for expansion."

With that in mind, she tried to keep herself from being distracted by anything around as she tried to pick up a living scent from the burn.

[ EXP: 180 ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:59 pm


Castiel Angelum Lucis
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Athena Lacrimae
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Theme: Cross of Fate
Location: Castiel: M12 / Athena: M12



Things caught his attention with the arrival of what would appear to be a Kami. He turned actually moments after Alicia did, and followed her over to the location of the awes. Following right behind him was Athena, though she didn't think that something bad had happened due to the nature of the people's reaction to the figure. Upon getting there, Castiel looked at the figure and didn't react in a negative nor positive way due to the fact that he has been introduced to some odd things as of recently, though a part of him did want to react in a similar nature of the people due to the fact that he had never seen something like him nor knew what he was. He knew Demons or Onikonjou's but not of an Angelic supernatural figure. Alicia's reaction to it was priceless though as it displayed frustration towards the idea of not having a normal encounter on adventures. The idea of the adventure from the beginning didnt have anything normal about it, but Castiel understood what she meant. Athena on the other hand was striken with awe just like some of the other villagers, as she didn't have the firm stronghold of Castiel and just thought the robes looked absolutely darling. They're next course of action was to check the inn, something that Castiel agreed with, indicated by a nod and him following behind." Yea, and though we shouldn't rush off until we have decent info, we shouldn't drag our feet either due to what appeared to have happened already. The Dragon must be met at the mountain and not here. Lets give ourselves a certain time limit to gather efficient information, and then we head out".



Words :: 322 Exp
Gains ::
-
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
avatar

Rep! : 2
Location : Baltiwhore

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:08 pm


How nice. For a village being plagued by a giant reptilian terror they sure were in great spirits. Morale was high, or maybe it was just me. With the crowd there, I float upwards a few inches to get a good look past them. Their cries of awe would fall to deaf ears while I searched for anyone else who may have looked like they were here for what may be the biggest prize yet. I remembered back to the last time I played on the requests of the humans, and how much of a pain that giant plant had become. From what I could tell, these people were just throwing fliers and rumors around to get the attention of anyone who may be able to solve their problems. If a dragon was as fearful as the stories told, it was not something humans would be able to deal with. Then again, it might take several higher beings to take care of something like that as well. To my delightful surprise, there looked to be a small group walking away. One of them in particular was a female wearing armor. Giving into my curiosity, I would part a pathway through the villagers before turning. “Your prayers were heard, so fear not. The beast that plagues your village will be given swift judgment!”
Turning from them one final time, I would walk towards where my common sense would take me. I actually had no idea where to find a dragon, so best bet was the tavern, the only place where men spoke openly after drinking.

W/P Count : 310/600/2
Location : M12, heading to tavern
Mood : ready to rock
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:02 pm


Dragon Quest
"All right," she nodded, walking off in the direction of the Inn as the spirit, or kami or whatever the hell people called it started to spout off about how it would slay the dragon and blah, blah, blah. Alicia despised such beings- if for nothing else, thinking they were capable of such a feat on their own. Even if they were so enlightened that they didn't have an ego- they certainly came off as having one anyway. Regardless, she ignored the robed thing as it floated about, gritting her teeth as she did so.

"I figured a job such as this would involve more unsavory characters..." she muttered to herself, glancing in the direction of an odd trio of people- one of which seemed to be sniffing at the burn marks on the ground. "Like those people... But it seems we've been met with the utmost 'best' instead. Guh... I miss being ignorant about this stuff."

With a defeated sigh, Alicia pushed open the door to the Inn, wincing slightly as it squealed on ill-oiled hinges. It was your average sort of deal for a local Inn, with a small tavern for the first floor and probably several sparsely decorated, yet somewhat homely rooms for the next. It was lit by the sun shining outside, and a few adventurers and townsfolk had already laid claim to several of the seats within the vicinity. People spoke in jovial tones- hopeful that the dragon would be slain or removed from this area soon.

As she was about the enter the building, she glanced back at the three odd individuals down the street again before turning back to the large crowd and the kami. Noticing that said spirit of goodness and whatnot was floating towards the inn like a pretty little butterfly (Alicia briefly wondered if the thing was even capable of making such a connection), she turned back to Castiel and Athena and scratched the back of her head. "I'm going to go check elsewhere for information. Ol' Floaty Bones over there is giving me the creeps- and he seems to be headed towards the inn as well." She began to back away from the door, keeping an eye on the Kami, "I would ask that you remain here and ask the innkeeper about things while I look elsewhere," she turned, starting a brief jog down the street before finishing in a slightly louder tone, "I'll catch up with you later and we can compare information before heading out!" If Castiel had attempted to respond to any of this- or to protest it, his words fell on deaf ears. She seemed to want to get away from the Kami more than anything at the moment.

Having escaped from potentially initiating a fight between herself and the kami (which would be entirely her fault, as far as she could surmise), she began to walk down the street towards the odd threesome she had seen before. The one female of the group was speaking to the others about something that Alicia didn't quite catch (sounded like something about a soup recipe- something about broth) when she let out a short wave and announced her presence (had they not already noticed). "Just thought I'd come and check out the competition," she said, nodding approvingly. If nothing else, they looked quite intimidating- what with one having tattoos all over his body, not to mention his already muscular frame; another wearing what appeared to be a suit of some sort with oddly red colored eyes, and the woman who had been sniffing at the scorch marks on the ground moments before. "I must say- I'm more than a bit worried about having to contend with the likes of you three... Assuming you're here for the dragon, of course?"

xp: 704 # 1443 xp

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:01 pm


Castiel Angelum Lucis
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Athena Lacrimae
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Theme: Cross of Fate
Location: Castiel: M12 / Athena: M12



Castiel really didn't understand what had just transpired, but for some reason she had shifted the plan to them splitting up and gathering information on their own and then later on bringing their findings together. In a sense it was a good idea to gather information faster, but he didn't know how she would go about getting it. Without him being there, he had a bad feeling that things may take a bad turn somehow. There wasn't much he could do about it but just believe that everything would turn out fine in the end. His hand was out to her slightly when she walked off in such a quick manner. His mouth opened slightly as he was about to say something, but no0 words came out knowing that it would be pointless. Athena just remained by Castiel's side as she watched Alicia walk off." Is she gonna be alright ? " Athena asked Castiel with a slight worry tone of voice. There was a slight pause before Castiel nodded." Yea, don't worry too much. Lets go ". With that, both Castiel and Athena entered the Inn to see if they could gather information. This would be something that Athena excelled in far greater than Castiel. One of her special tallents was spying, so gathering information without confrontation or even much interaction was something she could handle. When they entered, there were a few people sitting around, a few that gave Athena a look they usually give when a nice lady walks in, but the looks wouldn't last when they saw the Semi-Hulk figure of Castiel walk in alongside her like a significant other.



Words :: 305 Exp
Gains ::
-
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:19 pm

The beast stopped her examination of the ground when a woman walked up and addressed her group.

For a moment she paused. Though demons had a reputation for killing humans on sight, she was of the more gentle breed raised in the forests and knew some humans could make good friends. Moreover, she was a pack-hunter by mentality, so any more allies were good ones.

Additionally, she had very little experience with human females who actually did things like... wear armor.

The hyena turned and sat carefully, the gesture putting her head almost level with the woman's. "Competition?" she asked, as though it were perfectly normal for a giant, white hyena to use human speech. They were outside of the village anyways. On the off chance the human panicked or a bystander panicked and went to form a mob, there was plenty of room for escape. "We all seek the same goal, don't we? You sound like you want to kill the dragon. We want to kill it too. Dragons are big. Plenty of goods for everyone, but we won't be able to do it alone."

She chuckled nervously, a trait inherited from her apparent species, and gave a wide grin. "My name is Iskra. This is my friend Jack, and this other with white hair is my loyal servant, Lethe. I think we should be allies."

[ EXP: 250 ]

OOC: Sorry I didn't make it more clear that she was in hyena form > <

Location: Outside the Village [M12]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:27 pm

The rumors of a village being plighted by a dragon had drawn Yuki to venture out to Southern Medius to see if such things where of fact rather then fiction. If such a thing truly is causing a problem for villages then Yuki thought perhaps he could offer his services as a dragon slayer, even though he was not of such, he could still offer his services to kill the beast, for a minimal reward of coarse, a man has to eat after all and being known for killing a dragon might do good for getting jobs in the future, a nice little reputation as a dragon slayer. Yuki nodded his head at the idea, a light smile taking form on his face as he thought about what that might intel, his darker side coming up with more erotic things. Coming upon the village Yuki turned his gaze upon the burn marks outside the village, his gaze shifting over them as he briefly scans them, it seemed that there indeed is something causing trouble for this village, though it still remained uncertain if it is the beast the rumors spoke of. Turning his gaze from the burn marks Yuki shifts his gaze to a familiar animal figure. Bringing his gaze to rest upon the hyena he had encountered before, Yuki's gaze narrows into a slight frown as he looks at the female. " .... Well, if it isn't my dear little hyena. " Yuki commented with his gaze set upon Iskra, the frown fading away.

EXP: 271 | 271
Location: Here.... Outside the Village [M12]

-----------------
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:39 pm


Yuki arrived. Iskra's mouth drew into a straight line as he heard the mercenary address her. "One moment," she said, quickly excusing herself from the conversation with her prospective ally before turning to the odd-eyed man. "If you call me little anything one more time, I will turn you into a woman again and rape you in front of all of these good people. That crap makes no sense. Look at me. I'm as tall as a man. Know your place or else."

Having said that, she turned back to the human woman. "I'm sorry about that. What were you saying?"

[ EXP: 115 ]

Location: Outside the Village [M12]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:43 pm


Castiel Angelum Lucis
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Athena Lacrimae
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Theme: Cross of Fate
Location: Castiel: M12 / Athena: M12



The two would travel over to a table that was empty, and surrounded by tables that had more than 4 individuals occupying each. This way it would be easier to listen in than to directly approach the individuals in the place. Both Castiel and Athena sat down, across from each other at the table, getting ready to plan out how they would go about information extraction. Athena sat behind individuals who were quite talkative so all she had to really do was lean back in her chair and listen. Thats exactly what she did, as for Castiel he just sat that." So you're really going up there ? ". One of the guys said to another. The other nodded and possessed a confident expression on his face." We're going to take that dragon down and come back and be Heros ". Athena giggled slightly to a point where it wouldn't be noticed by the other individuals who seemed to be discussing it. There was another individual sitting at that table, wearing white and what was more dress than dress-casual. It was a white suit that was open and revealed a violet colored vest and white tie. This figure stuck out more than anyone to Castiel, though he tried to make no direct contact with anyone." You got to be crazy. This isn't some little adventure game man. You'll have trouble getting up there, probably die trying to reach it ". The person with the white smooth attire chuckled slightly." Let the guy go up there. Don't put the man down...who knows, he may actually stand a chance ". He was just boosting the head of someone who was doomed to fail, both Castiel and Athena took notice of this immediately but said nothing.



Words :: 322 Exp
Gains ::
-
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:32 am

The silence was kept by the Pride demon. Everything in the town, still bustling. Did they truely have this much fatih in the adventurers that they would not run and fleee as normal men should in the face of such grand horror? Even if it was not a true dragon, if it was just a demon. Clearly these people were still outmatched. And yet here they were. Battled on by their resolve. Perhaps a kami, or another creature looking upon this without the valued skeptism of the pride demon Jack. Would have seen this as some sort of act of bravery. In truth Jack merely veiwed such a thing as an appauling act of ignorance and stupidity. The course of the underworld had taught Oni to live by one rule. Stand and fight, but only if you think you can win. Otherwise. Run. That was the rules of survival. There was no use in standing and dying when you could escape to fight another day. The Hyena demon seemed to react to his presense this time rather oddly. It was a " matter of fact" response as opposed to direct greeting. It was as if she had already expected him to be here, and was fully prepared for that.

Interesting. It was a sign that they were getting familar. Perhaps. Too familar. Whether that wa a good thing or a bad thing at the moment he couldn't really decide. On the upside she was a strong enough ally. Something to use should it come down to him requirng more help. Particularly in his little quest against the glutton within the depths of hell. However oddly for the moment Jack detected soemthing different in her that usually wasn't there. Greed. Usually Iskra was much like him. A creature of odd Pride. Odd because, it was a beastial pride as opposed to something one would see in a warrior or a noble man. However this time it wasn't pride seeping from her pores like a fine wine. But greed and desire. Wafting off her like some sort of choking expenisve perfume. It was unpleasnt. At least for a demon who fed from pride. To a demon of desire it would likely have been a fine meal. " Ah yes, you are interested in those things arn't you?". Jack commented on the side. Jack himself had never actually cared much for trading. Humans traded. Demons took. It served little to no purpose for him. Bartering for goods wasn't his style. In that way, one could probably call Jack rather humble and without care for material items. However one thing did interest him.

" Very well. You can have all thsoe things. But the blood".

Jack grinned. " If its a true dragon. I want the blood". And there it was rising once again. Jacks ever so slightly creepy obsession with blood magic. If it was a true dragon the blood was exceedingly valuable in his research for blood magic. Different kinds of blood had different properties. usually his normal blood was either human or demon. Base demon showed the elast variety in his magics because he'd already explored most of what he could through the taint. of course much like the royyal blood from the princess in the last little outing the temptation here was great. All he needed was one little vial of the lizards magicly charged blood. And the advancements he could make!

And thats when the strange woman in the armour came over. Iskra seemed to take a break from the tracking elements of her day to greet the new comer. As she gave her greeting and oddly introduced him. He thought to himself. speak for yourself. Unlike Iskra. Jack was not a friendly demon. She was raised in the forests interacting with humans. Jack. He spent most of his life in the bowels of hell. Blood death, destruction. They were as normal to him as breathing was to a human. Wherer humans may see bunny rabbits or prnacing lambs. Jack saw the beast of caerbannog and baphomets. All in all. The nature around the area wasn't pleasant. And as of such Jack had adapted to survive such a place. He tapped his cane on the ground, wondering to himself just how much the dragon liked canned food.

Then he rolled his eyes deciding to follow Iskra's suit and play nice. He placed both hands on the top of his cane. " As I said to my furry companion here human. I am merely here to be a spectator. For that reason. I advise caution. I will let you know for free that any skill you have with that tooth pick..will not help you against the dragon". He gestured to Iskra. " As she said, there is plenty for everyone...stick together. And you yet may survive. Give into greed. And you will fall..of course...should the dragon try to attack myself. I will be bound to join the fray". Jack couldn't help but think to himself that this human had best hope the dragon did try to attack all of them. Including Jack himself. And. Another arrived. This one with silver hair. Jack could sense the taint in his blood. [ Tainted Senses]. He wasn't a demon. But nor was he compeltely human. There seemed to be more and more of these half breeds flying around as the days went by. It seemed that this was another person who knew the Hyena demon. His greeting wasn't precisely respectful. But Iskras response to it was even more surprising. SO much so that it tugged the muscles in Jacks face. Making him smirk. Almost laugh. Jack already knew full well of Iskra's abilities to shape shift creatures into other creatures. He was unaware that she was capable of changign genders too. But the funniest thing about all this was that Iskra claimed to have raped him. And actually threatened to do it again in front of everyone. He looked at the Matriarch and smirked.

" My my Iskra I'm almost jealous".

He paused for a moment. " Almost Although I must ask if you are ever so inclined to do such activities with me. You avoid changing our genders...it would make our friendship most....". once again a puase as if looking for the right word.

" Awkward".
EXP:1158
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
avatar

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:52 am

The Dragon Quest
Level: Intermediate (Recommended Levels 20 - 60)
Location: Southern Medius (Map)

Summary
The summit of O13 is home to a fierce dragon. Lately it has been sighted terrorizing settlements in Southern Medius (M12). The harassed villages are offering rewards to any person or group who is able to take care of the dragon problem. Come to the village to learn about it, or hear rumors of the dragon. Either way, the objective is to find it and take it out!...

Posting Rules
Post Locations
No posting order
Bio's frozen by 12 mid (tonight)

Dragon Weaknesses
Magic: ??

Dragon Immunities
Magic: ??, ??, ??
Status Effects: ??, ??, ??

Participating Members:
 

Begin!

@ Iskra - TRK reveals that the dragon had not been in that area w/in the last hr. SML x2 of a human let's her experience the distinct odor of dragon breath (w/e that smelled like but i can't imagine good) mixed w/burning (= stinky fire?). Also, she'd be able to tell some adventurers who could have used a bath passed through this area heading south to the mt. 'Side from that, the smell hints that there were burnt/dead bodies here @ some point.

Nothin really changes @ the village yet. Things move on normally. Two guys in odd clothes w/ spikey hair stand outside the inn looking at something in their hand.

"So with this we can find the dragon balls?"

"You betcha!"

"Soon we'll be able to wish for anything we want!"

"Go!"


-
Hiliger and his group reach the mouth of the cave at top of the mt. summit well over 15 mi away from the village up high in the sky. There are 6 armored/weaponized warriors in this group w/varying abilities and weapon/magic types. They can hear loud breathing on the inside. Even though the mt. summit is really cold, the mouth of the cave is pretty warm. Embers burn in the inner corners of the cave. The interior is burnt/crispy.

The group slowly approach the mouth of the cave. Hiliger takes out his sword, holds his sheild ready and nods @ everyone else. The rest of the group gets ready too. The ground by the cave suddenly quakes. It happens again in a walking pattern. Hiliger speaks.

"It's already sensed our presence and is coming. Prepare yourselves!"

Hiliger:
 
Dragon:
 

-----------------
- The Big Cheese -
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:10 pm


Dragon Quest
To say Alicia was one hundred percent aware of the fact that the woman she had seen at one point had since turned into an eight foot tall talking hyena would be a bit of an overstatement, though to say she was surprised when she finally realized that she had transformed was entirely the opposite. The fact that she had walked into this mess herself as a way to escape the goddamned Kami was why didn't attempt to slowly back away now, though one could argue that she also didn't want to show any sort of trepidation towards the demons at the same time. Alicia was a strong woman, in mind and in body- that being said, she was relatively sure every single being before her now could easily kill her if they had the chance.

Shoulda stayed with Cas... she thought to herself, still maintaining her composure. Kami and the like are insufferable- but this is hardly fair, Fates.

"Alicia Landis Murdock," she said, bowing- letting none of her turbulent emotions take hold of her as much as she wanted to simply leave, "Knight and Warrior of the Tribe of Dorn." I believe one of your kind may have killed my father, but let's let bygones be bygones.

Nevertheless, this was a rather golden opportunity for the Knight. While she despised demons and what they were capable of doing (and often did for shits and giggles)- she could not turn away such powerful allies when they could instead be adversaries. She'd have to suck up her pride and deal with it- and at least they seemed more well-grounded than the Kami she had seen earlier. "And allies are definitely more acceptable than rivals. I'd take you up on that offer- should your companions be willing enough to comply as well."

At this, the man (demon?) in the business suit spoke up (Jack, she believed his name was)- stating that he was simply here to watch and that he would only throw in if the dragon tried it's hand at eating him. He seemed rather wise- world-weary- for a demon, which surprised Alicia. Never heard of a demon putting faith in numbers and working together... He's probably human then... or at least partially? Then again, I've never heard of a demon wanting to band together with mortals as well- granted, the one time I've seen a demon it was running about and killing several hundred men before it did my father in. Perhaps they aren't all brutes, then? "While I may hold a lot of faith in my blade, I'm not exactly jumping to fight the beast. Worst comes to worst I can hang back and use some other... talents... I recently discovered I had- though I am more a fighter than not." Either that or he's really good at manipulating people.

It was at this particular point in conversation when another individual entered the conversation, a man with two different colored eyes. Alicia was just about to reintroduce herself when Iskra, the Hyena-Woman-Thing, turned to him and threatened to turn him into a woman and rape him. This was far from the normal greeting Alicia would expect from any one individual to another- causing her to thus cock an eyebrow at the pure obscenity of the statement. She hoped to the Fates that this was simply Iskra's way of saying "hello" to old friends instead of a way of asserting dominance over her peers- as Alicia wasn't particularly fond of being penetrated by any measure of hyena genitalia.

Luckily, it seemed Alicia wasn't the only one who didn't care for the idea of forced bestiality when Jack, the suited individual, spoke up about how awkward it would make their relationship. A slight smirk formed on the Knight's lips when she heard this, though she tried to suppress it with a grimace. She had always been a fan of humor- and it certainly helped diffuse the tension she at least felt in the situation she had thrown herself into.

What surprised Alicia the most about this entire predicament was more how comfortable she was being around these things. She wasn't even sure she was pretending anymore- they certainly came off as normal enough despite their appearances- and she was usually not one to judge a book by it's cover. But they're demons, her rational thought rationalized, Chances are they'll eat your flesh and grind your bones once they get a chance. Don't let your guard down around these four... or at least the three you've already met. Nevertheless, while she certainly didn't trust the beasts, she didn't see any reason not to at the moment. She just hoped that when one of them decided to turn on her that she would be quick and perceptive enough to realize before it was too late.

"I should probably introduce you to my other partner as well, if we're going to be working together. Partners, rather- though I don't know entirely how much of use Miss Lacrimae will be in battle..." She said, nodding towards the tavern/Inn. "They're in the Inn, attempting to gather some more information on the beast before we scale the summit of it's lair. Either we can go to them, provided you're done out here- or I can bring them to you... Though I think he'll be a bit more than surprised upon seeing that one of you is a gigantic talking Hyena- no offense, of course."

xp: 1032 # 2475 xp

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Iskra's brows furrowed at the... joke? that the other demon told. While she had no qualms with turning Yuki into a helpless woman and despoiling him with a brute and violent abandon, it never occurred to her to try such a thing with Jack. Perhaps it was his kindness to her when she first arrived in Barathrum Regnum, tired and alone. Perhaps he had always intimidated her too much for her to try such a thing without his permission. Perhaps it was because she'd only ever... enchanted humans with the odd, gender-swapping spell.

But now that the seed of the idea had been planted in her brute and, thanks to her hellbred bloodline, mischievous mind, the thoughts and curiosities sprang up like mental weeds. He'd come to no permanent harm thanks to such a prank, she knew, but...

Well, now wasn't the time to think about it. He needed dragon blood. She needed trade goods. Her new ally needed addressing.

So the hyena nodded gently, wondering if she should reciprocate the gesture when the human bowed. So far, Iskra liked this knight. She had the same clan-loyal mannerisms as the blacksmith from the Sun Village, and in a small way she reminded the beast of Lethe before the moon village's warrior owed her a life debt. As a wild spirit formed in the image of a pack animal, Iskra instinctively admired human militaries and their warriors, even if their governments and laws appeared a little nonsensical.

"I'm sure you'll do fine as long as we attack together," she said in response to both Jack's assertion that the toothpick wouldn't hurt the dragon and her seeming-humble statements afterwards. "I'd be interested in hearing about these other talents that you have."

The only pure human the demon had met with the ability to use magic had been-- well, nobody. If that's what she meant by talent, then maybe her bloodline had some wanton bit of spirit in it somewhere, unclaimed. She'd heard of the incubi who sometimes caused ghost pregnancies. She'd heard of kami who didn't want to be judged by their clans. She'd heard of people not knowing their full lineage after the Dawn. Anything was possible.

But then there was the matter of her form. No real reason for her to remain as a hyena remained, since her search had yielded very little that wasn't already readily observable with the naked eye. At least she knew what the dragon smelled like now. If they got anywhere near his home, she'd be able to detect him if he'd been there recently.

Much like a dog preparing to perform a trick, the large hyena looked strange sitting up on her back legs when she shifted herself off of the ground. She had two forms she could take at this point: her usual female form or the shape of a dark-haired male warrior. For some reason, the male form had a tendency to put people ill at ease. For that reason, she elected to keep her gender, though not her species.

Within moments, the large beast began to shorten. Her fur retreated up her back to form her hair, revealing utilitarian, human attire. Her legs straightened and lengthened, and her toes uncurled, the nails retreating into claws. Her tail retreated into her body as well as her rear plumped out and her spine forced her ribcage into the proper position for an upright posture. Her upper limbs spread as her chest widened and filled out, leaving her with arms, her snout retreated into her face, the spots becoming smaller until they were freckles on the darkened skin, though they remained their usual size on her short, loose hair. Many smaller changes took place concurrently with these larger ones, but in the matter of a few seconds, a five-foot-tall woman stood where the massive beast once was.

"We're basically done here."

[ EXP: 755 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:36 pm


Castiel Angelum Lucis
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Athena Lacrimae
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Theme: Cross of Fate
Location: Castiel: M12 / Athena: M12



They continued to listen to in on the conversation of the other people at the table, who continued to talk on the subject of one of the guys going up there to take on the dragon. It was a very interesting conversation, though the one that was against it constantly tried to warn the guy by even telling him the dangers of the terrain. The guy didn't listen though and the one in the suit just continued to boost the guy, which clearly appeared as some form of Manipulation. What was in it for this guy ? Athena couldn't figure it out, but still continued to take down details. It was then that the person in the white suit chuckled slightly." Seems like you have an easedropping little girl behind you ". And when that was said, Athena stopped leaning in her chair and turned quickly, but it was too late. They caught this and the guys at that table stood up to face Athena. Castiel was acting like he was minding his own business." Hey Bitch! you got some nerve ". That's when Castiel would intervene with the uprising situation." There is no need to start any issues here ". The one that planned on going up had took out what appeared to be a knife, pointing it at Castiel from a distance. Castiel released a little sigh before bringing his hand up slowly and then turning it where the back of his hand would be facing down. his fingers would curl in as if telling the person with the weapon to bring it. ( I really hope that Alicia is having a better time getting info than we are ). Athena had gathered a decent amount of info, but more could be useful. It was that moment that the guy would bring his weapon down, not wanting to run the risk of getting hurt before going at the dragon." Tsk, you'll just be a waste of my time ". Athena and Castiel watched him walk off and out of the bar while the guy in the white suit remained along with the other timid guy." This is rather bothersome, Maybe we should go back and meet with Alicia ". Castiel nodded to that idea, but before they could leave the timid guy stopped them." Im sorry to bother you, but you two look like people of common sense. That person that ya was about to get into a confrontation with was my life long friend, and he is set on fighting this dragon no matter what I say...can you guys stop him somehow, any way that leaves him alive...? " Castiel looked at him with an odd look. They didn't come here to babysit anyone nor take on other job requests besides taking down this dragon. Athena nodded quickly, developing a little idea of her own." We'll do that only if you tell us more about the terrain and what ever information you have that would be important to this ". The guy in the suit simply smiled as he watched the deal between them transpire, liking the ways that the little small one was handling things.



Words :: 558 Exp
Gains ::
1 TEXP [Earn at 250 EXP in a day.]
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:15 pm

After his comment Yuki falls silent, keeping his gaze set upon Iskra and as she begins to respond he listens to her comment. Though the comment from the female hyena begun to push Yuki into anger he stayed his hand and took the comment, though as he hears the comment from the male with Iskra, Yuki shifts his gaze to the male for a moment, shifting his gaze over the male before turning his gaze back to Iskra. Remaining silent, Yuki keeps his gaze on Iskra and watches as she begins to shift forms, changing back to the female form he had seen before. Now in her human female form, Yuki shifts his gaze over it for a moment before turning his gaze from Iskra and to the village. Setting his gaze towards the village, Yuki shifts his gaze over the village and begins to speak, " So, what brings you here Iskra? " Yuki asks, addressing Iskra as he glances back to her briefly before shifting his gaze from her and back to the village, wondering if she had heard the same rumors he had and is here to deal with this dragon, if so then there my be chance they can work together, perhaps.

EXP: 217 | 488
Location: Outside the Village [M12]

-----------------
Back to top Go down
Noah
Ascended Mystic
Ascended Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 17

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:58 pm


Castiel Angelum Lucis
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Athena Lacrimae
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Attributes: Average [+0.0]
Theme: Cross of Fate
Location: Castiel: M12 / Athena: M12



The timid individual nodded in agreement to the deal, sitting down first before speaking with them." To start, a group of adventurers went up ahead already to handle the dragon. The leader of the party is Hiliger, a fierce warrior, and my friend who you was about to fight was someone who was supposed to be in that party...For reasons that can't be said, my friend was left behind here, but he's set on going. He don't know that upon arriving to the base of the mountain, the travel up is about 9 or 10 kilometers give or take, and at a point it become chilling cold...it's crazy for anyone to travel there even if it's in a group. Then there are the dangers on the way traveling to the base of the mountains...it's never safe. ". Athena thought for a second about the hassle it'll be going up the mountains for her, and she didn't want Castiel to worry too much about her. She knew for a fact that her body, definitely with the ailment she possesed wouldn't be able to handle the weather change up there so she released a sigh. Castiel looked to Athena wondering what she was sighing about, and then caught onto the thought that she had. He couldn't risk leaving her in the woods alone nor in the village since the dragon had struck here before already." Athena...This is up to you. I won't make you do anything ". She narrowed her eyes towards him and placed her hands on her hips." Im in this with you until the end. You're going the distance for me, so me doing the same is the least I can do ". Confirmed between the party of Castiel and Athena, both would be making the trip. In the mix of all this, they would have to make sure to keep the other guy from going some how. Athena was confident that they could do it.



Words :: 343 Exp
Gains ::
-
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:18 am

It seemed to Jack that things were only really starting to heat up at the moment, the tension in the air between ISkra and the other was almost electrical. Jack enjoyed a bit of tension, so long as it wasn't something that he personally had to deal with. Which in this case it wasn't. One thing he had noticed however was that Iskra's manservant had been rather quiet. Not that the man usually spoke up in at least in Jacks exprience, however there was usually more to him than just this. Taking it as mere internal preperation for a battle against the dragon. Jack dismissed the idea that something was wrong. As for the other two. Well. The tension was still there however it seemed that the other had accepted Iskras dominance over him. It was rather refreshing to see the Matriarch spreading her influience. It seemed like only yesterday the fledling Oni had came to him seeking the greater powers of magic in order to further her goals.

hHe had for her what would probably be described as a teachers pride in his puil. She was doing well, and the more powerful she got, arguably the better it reflected upon himself. Not that it was going to do much good for him, other than the odd job that he needed done. Such as helping him track. Or tracking someone or something down in this realm. Admittedly though. That wasn't something that happened often. He'd only ever asked her to do it once. And she'd been unable to find the person. Although. Said person was merely. Theoretical. Something to calm Jacks mind about the options of things. His attention at this point turned to the one who was talking to Iskra as he asked a very. Foolish. Question.

" Better you ask yourself a question for the answer child, why else would she be here?".

Jack tilted his head and let out a grin. " So many problems. Caused and solved. By using ones own initiative".
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:15 am


Dragon Quest
Suspicions were confirmed as fact when the Hyena began to revert back into a woman. So they are demons... Or, at least she is, thought the Knight. For a moment, she had almost convinced herself that the beast-woman-thing was part of a tribe of beastmen that she had simply never heard about; but she doubted that any such beings could transform whenever they wished to, like Iskra was showing she could. That being said, her human form was much less... brutish than Alicia was anticipating it being. If she didn't know any better already, Iskra could pass off perfectly well as a human, even if her mannerisms (i.e. growing a penis and actively threatening to forcibly rape an acquaintance) were a bit odd.

Whatever the history was between Iskra and the white-haired man, it was pretty obvious that the relationship between them was far from healthy. Under normal circumstances, Alicia would steer conversation away from conflict- but she got the feeling that were she to interrupt the Hyena, she may be in for more than she bargained for. She didn't know the demon- but she did know that they were rather fickle creatures, at least in lore. Thus, she would do her best to steer clear of making trouble with the woman, or either of her friends, for that matter. When the man in the suit (Jack?) put in his two-cent's worth, Alicia couldn't help but grin a little at his sarcasm. The white-haired man didn't exactly strike Alicia as the most efficient person at the moment- what with asking obvious questions and whatnot- but she was hardly one to talk, she supposed. Regardless of that fact, she was beginning to like Jack, if for nothing else than his apparent backhanded wit.

"Well, I'm heading back to the inn to pick up Sir Lucis and Miss Lacrimae. After that, I'll just meet you three... or four... at the base of the mountain. Or right back out here. Whichever works."

At that, the Knight turned to leave- nodding politely to the rest of the group before she did so. In a few moments, Alicia returned to the Inn where Castiel and Athena were gathering information. Whether or not the Kami was there was a moot point to Alicia- as she didn't pay any attention to any of the other patrons aside from her two friends, whom she immediately approached. "Got some people to help us out- though I'm not entirely certain you'll approve of their lot," she said, scratching at her cheek and avoiding eye contact with the Guardian. "Regardless, we should get moving. I'm willing to bet that some others have already begun to scale the mountain to claim the reward themselves. Don't want to climb the cliff just to discover that someone else has already killed the beast."

xp: 535 # 3010 xp

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
avatar

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:56 pm

The Dragon Quest
Level: Intermediate (Recommended Levels 20 - 60)
Location: Southern Medius (Map)

Summary
The summit of O13 is home to a fierce dragon. Lately it has been sighted terrorizing settlements in Southern Medius (M12). The harassed villages are offering rewards to any person or group who is able to take care of the dragon problem. Come to the village to learn about it, or hear rumors of the dragon. Either way, the objective is to find it and take it out!...

Posting Rules
Post Locations
No posting order
Bio's frozen by 12 mid (tonight)

Dragon Weaknesses
Magic: ??

Dragon Immunities
Magic: ??, ??, ??
Status Effects: ??, ??, ??

Participating Members:
 

Begin!

@ The Dragon Summit – the dragon stirs inside of the cave. An assassin and mage go to the side of the cave. The rest of the group heads inside the mouth of the cave. The dragon blasts out the first person to walk in w/a small burst of fire. He goes flying back and lands in the snow.

“Yeeaaahhhhh…!”

The shadow of the dragon appears in the cave and it rushes towards them. Hiliger yells out.

“Start the attack.”

An archer fires arrows, a mage shoot energy and 2 shielded lancers swordsmen rush the dragon. The stomping dragon backhands the attacks and then blasts back the lancers. The lancers use their shields to guard them so the dragon stops and cranks it up. The lancer’s shields start to burn red. The dragon’s fire over powers them and pushes them back. Hiliger growls, glows & slams his blade into the ground and pushes up a column of earth that “uppercuts” the dragon. The dragon brushes this off and destroys the earth column. Hiliger calls out.

“Pull back to stage 2.”

They pull back and lure the dragon out of the cave. When the dragon comes after them the assassin at the top of the cave jumps down on the dragon. He tries to slam his dagger into the dragon’s neck but the dragon’s body bursts into flames. The assassin flies off w/a trail of smoke. The mage tries to snare the dragon in an energy net, but the dragon blasts at it with fire breath and breaks it. The ranged fighters keep attacking. The lancers set up a defensive shield in front of the ranged fighters. The dragon flaps his wings and sends a shockwave of air that pushes at them all. The dragon then flies up into the air and over the group. He spins & sparkles w/CGI, gathers fire in its mouth and then sends down a very strong blast of fire.

Boom.

The fire blast leaves a large AOE burn mark on the mount summit near the cave. It’s all scorched earth like.

Now that the dragon was up he was cranky. He flies away from the mount and towards The Village. Current distance = about 10 miles away w/an altitude of 10 km high.

Hiliger:
 
Dragon:
 

-----------------
- The Big Cheese -
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Iskra soundly ignored the question that Yuki asked. It was partially out of professionalism and partly as another show of dominance over the hybrid. Jack answered instead, which was good. It prevented her from having to address it herself.

This didn't mean that she wouldn't give him any commands, however.

"We'll come with you," she told the knight shortly after the bow. "Yuki, come with us."

And with that, the woman followed Alicia to the end, assuming that her company would follow as well.

However, she faltered upon actually arriving at the tavern.

Her eyes went wide, then narrowed. She inhaled deeply.

There were many smells. There were old, dirty men and youthful warriors. There were many males and but a few females. There was mead and there was ale. But through all of those scents dancing about each other like drunken patrons dancing to music at a village feast, one stuck out above the others.

"Kami..." the woman all but purred, a giggle following the word. The giggle didn't mean she found anything funny, however. It was simply a sound that her species made around food.

She wasn't far from Alicia, but she was very distracted attempting to find the source of the familiar smell. It wasn't just any kami, but one she had met before.

[ EXP: 263 || +1 TEXP (2nd thread) ]

Action: Used tracking [Mastered] and keen smell [Honed]
> Attempted to find Ashurei
Location: [M12] Village, in Tavern


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:36 pm

The member 'LittleMariko' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '[ Mastered ]' :


--------------------------------

#2 '[ Honed ]' :
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:52 pm

"Well, he's not in here," the woman grumbled aloud to herself in disappointment. The scent in the tavern itself was very weak and had been stronger outside. Perhaps they'd been going in the same direction and she'd passed him in the crowd.

That scenario was the most likely, she thought, staring back at the door. If she moved now, she could get to his exact location and attack him before he knew what hit him.

Her instincts asked her to, yes, but stronger still was her desire to have the wealth that she needed. The death of this dragon would send her a huge step in that direction.

So for now, she simply ignored her impulse to hunt down and attack the kami until she'd first discussed what she needed with Alicia and met these friends of hers.

She made her way through the haze of alcohol and stood near the three humans, scratching her chin disinterestedly. "If the rumors are as they say and the dragon took out that many people and is really impervious to human weaponry, I don't think that we should rush into its nest. No doubt another bunch of humans will be nothing but nourishment."

[ EXP: 226 ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
avatar

Rep! : 2
Location : Baltiwhore

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:54 pm


It was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. What had been an original plan to head to the tavern has ended with me becoming sidetracked. What could possibly sidetrack an angel bent on protecting those from a lower realm? A smell. What kind of smell? The smell of fresh baked bread. I had parted the citizens of the village around me so that I could lean over the small stand, nearly drooling at the smell of the beautiful product before me. I had never smelled something so sweet, and near perfection. It had my complete, unaltered attention. For the few in this realm who knew me, they would probably notice a blue glow from my body, a sign of my extreme pleasure and absolute satisfaction. When the elder lady asked me to try one, my physical body nearly stopped moving. I would take the small object, called bread. I hadn’t consumed it before in this realm. It was warm to the touch, and smelled of.. something I didn’t know. I had no words to describe it at all. Bringing it slowly to my lips, I would take a bite out of it. It was a taste that I had never experienced. All of my senses felt like they were going to overload before a light burst of electricity crossed down across my body before dispersing across the ground. It was absolute beauty, an art work in edible form. I would have to stockpile this new item, and get more.
“Can I have more if I slay the dragon?”

W/P Count : 285/885/3
Location : bread stand, 40 feet from tavern
Mood : omfg..
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:48 pm

With his gaze set upon the village, Yuki awaits an answer from Iskra, expecting her to respond but instead of hearing her familiar voice he hears the voice of a male which draws his attention from the village and to the male. Shifting his gaze to the male, Yuki's gaze narrows into a light glare as he shifts his gaze over the male for a brief moment, letting out a faint growl, " ... Did I speak to you? I don't believe your name is Iskra. " Yuki says in a harsh tone of voice, " I could cause a problem for you, child. " Yuki adds with another growl before shifting his attention away from fancy man Jack. As he shits his gaze, Yuki glances to the other female in the group as he works to keep his anger and the impulses connected with such anger in check. Yuki shifts his gaze over the unknown female for a brief moment before turning his gaze back to Iskra as he hears her speak to him. Yuki lets out a light grumble as he begins to follow after Iskra, " I'm not one of your lackeys Iskra, I am a mercenary here for this dragon and whatever reward I may receive from defeating it. " Yuki says, though he follows Iskra into the tavern, falling silent for the time being as he remains close enough to her to hear her as she begins to speak.

EXP: 249 | 737
Location: Tavern

-----------------
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:21 am


Dragon Quest
Turning as Iskra and the others entered the bar, Alicia motioned to the woman and her companions, turning back to Castiel. "These are the people I was talking about. They've agreed to join forces and help us slay the dragon together. I think we've got a pretty good chance with the likes of them around- though I will leave it to them to introduce themselves to you."

She was about to turn back to the Demoness, when strange white-haired man spoke up. Alicia was absolutely appalled with the way he spoke of Iskra and her cohorts- Jack especially- and took a moment to mentally steel herself against what would probably be this kid's final moments. "All I have to say," she began, "Is that if you're going to tear the guy limb from limb you should probably do it outside. People tend not to like you when you cover their place of work with other people's intestines."

With a sigh, she glanced back at Castiel and Athena, a look of dismay on her features. "Well, hopefully the white-haired guy doesn't follow us up if he's just going to be antagonistic about everything. I'm not entirely sure where he's involved, but I get the feeling he's not very welcome, considering his attitude. Then again- I'm not sure about most of this situation..." Returning her attention to the situation at hand, she snorted slightly and muttered to herself, "Well, at any rate, things'll be interesting for a bit..."

xp: 280 # 3290 xp

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:53 am

Ah the rushing stupidity of mortals combined with the haughty nature of demons. If this boy had any clear ability of sense he would have known that Jack was a creature far beyond his own abilities or understanding. If he had ever met Jack before then he would have realised just how deeply in the shit he had placed himself. First issue. He had insulted Iskra. A source of his own pride. Secondly. He had presented himself as a challenger. A possible threat. Now even had Jack not been a invariable jackass. By his demonic nature alone. He would have taken this as a threat to dominance. And broken the child. However. When the mortal mirrored the sentiments. Having the gaul to call him a child. Well thats when it was decided. " Oh?...is that so?".. Jack let out a grin. [ The Ripper: Int+1, Trans Instant]

It would be, unfortunatly. Over in seconds. A wolf figure formed. at Jack's feet. Its maw wide for flesh. It dived at Yuki. Seeking to tear the unfortunate hybrids throat out.

Current Status:
Attack used: Dogs Of War:DMG = Int +2
DMG: 100 ( Abnormal + 2 = Destruc vs Strong)

ExP: 261


Last edited by Jack on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added damage due to Zeta, added exp)
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:53 am

The member 'Jack' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:40 am

Iskra sighed, knowing what was coming next. It was obvious and apparent to anyone with ears and a basic knowledge of pride demons, especially this pride demon.

The spotted one had a number of options. She could intervene in the conflict to protect Yuki. She could ignore it and try to remain the aloof leader of this group. She could join in on the fight.

But then she recalled his statement just moments prior. I'm not one of your lackeys Iskra.

Well, that was his choice if he didn't want to be under her rule or command, it's just that she wasn't obligated to help him in any instance. Besides, he'd undermined her slightly by not acknowledging her as the leader in front of these strangers. Rank was an important thing in the demon's mind, and the idea of just being without one relative to an entity who she'd beaten so thoroughly several times just bothered her.

Not to say that she didn't believe Yuki could defend himself against Jack. He was a mercenary, after all. He must've had to fight his way out of countless such situations, but she lacked faith in his ability to actually win and held considerable doubt in his ability to even run to safety, should he not be killed by the other's opening assault.

She grinned at Alicia, wondering if she'd be put off by the sight of two demons fighting as humans often were. "Oh, don't tell me that drunk humans don't sometimes fight too," she joked as the dark magic manifested in the room. "I guess we'll explain it as a smoke-and-mirror show. These people came to slay a dragon, not hunt demons."

I hope...

[ EXP: 325 || +1 TEXP (1st thread) ]


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
avatar

Rep! : 2
Location : Baltiwhore

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:50 am


Another sweet bite would be taken, and at that moment I was back in heaven. The bliss would only be broken by the screams of people behind me. My mood would swiftly change while I noticed the pressure across the area. Great.. a fight between.. wait. Humans couldn’t do that as far as I knew. I didn’t know of any large dragon causing people to scream right now, so that left only one potential reason: demons. As if thing’s couldn’t get much worse. If there were demons here, they may have to be dealt with rather quickly. On second thought, what if they were with the dragon? I would turn, setting the half eaten piece of bread down on the edge of the wooden stand before moving. A step would be taken, then another one, then flight at full speed towards the tavern. It was only fifty or so feet away, but I didn’t want to waste time. It would be almost a slide to stop in front of the doors. There were humans on the outside, carefully gathered there. Thankfully, they were safe out here. If someone was giving off that much pressure they had to have transformed or something. That was the only explanation I could come up with right now anyway. Putting my hand on the door and opening it, I would slide into the tavern to see what was really going on.
"greetings hu...mans..."

W/P Count : 295/1,180/4
Location : tavern entrance
Mood : You have got to be kidding me...
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
avatar

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:27 am

The Dragon Quest
Level: Intermediate (Recommended Levels 20 - 60)
Location: Southern Medius (Map)

Summary
The summit of O13 is home to a fierce dragon. Lately it has been sighted terrorizing settlements in Southern Medius (M12). The harassed villages are offering rewards to any person or group who is able to take care of the dragon problem. Come to the village to learn about it, or hear rumors of the dragon. Either way, the objective is to find it and take it out!...

Posting Rules
Post Locations
No posting order
Bio's frozen by 12 mid (tonight)

Dragon Weaknesses
Magic: ??

Dragon Immunities
Magic: ??, ??, ??
Status Effects: ??, ??, ??

Participating Members:
 

Begin!
@ the kami thing – just a heads up. Kami’s wouldn’t really be that unique b/c Terra consists mostly of humans and kami. B/c of how things were at the end of the world in H2H w/a large number of kami on Terra, there’s a lot more Kami there than previously. b/c of that it won’t be THAT rare for one or some to just be around anywhere. same thing w/hybrids. since more kami are living on Terra now and mingling w/the humans (like the Indians). it’d be more rare to find a NPC oni than a kami & the line of distinction blurs a lil on what separates kami’s from humans since not all kamis have to use magic and some humans can (but still kamis can fly and humans can’t). Just keep that in mind for now. So… on w/the show!

Section A of the Village

People see a blood red aura? Jack transforms? The people around them freak out and run away from the group! They scatter like cockroaches. Well, most people do.

“The dragon’s hell spawn bastard child is among us!”

“No he’s possessed! Possessed by the draaa-gon!”

“Death is among us!”

Not everyone runs away tho. Jack gets the attention of “others” regardless of what happens btw him and Yuki.

Section B of the Village

More yelling comes from the other side of the village.

“The Dragon, the dragon comes!”

“It’s flying this way! We are doomed!”

The dragon flies in the sky over the city. The caravans that were getting ready to leave hurry up and go. Fighters run out into the open field to get a better look. There are groups of archers, swordsmen, etc who all are ready to go @ it w/the dragon. Even engineers set up rudimentary projectile devices (i.e. mini trebuchet kinda things) to get ready for the battle.

The village bell rings: ding ding dong… ding-d-ding ding ding dong. The bell mixes w/the sound of ppl yelling and getting ready. Up up high the dragon flies around in circles over the village.

“We need to get the dragon down here!”

Five Kami fighters in the area fly up towards the dragon. A group of fighters has a gravity mage that gathers his gully strength and tries to pull down the dragon. The dragon drops a few km in altitude but breaks out of the spell. The battle begins!

Hiliger:
 
Dragon:
 

-----------------
- The Big Cheese -
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 5
Location : Almost Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Morons. A singular thought crossed the possessed human's mind as his attention was drawn to the two men beginning to fight. He could have seen this coming a mile away from everything that had led up to this point. Even though throughout the entire duration of it all Lethe had remained largely silent, he was very keenly aware of everything that had gone on. From the attractive female knight's introduction to the entrance of the defiant Yuki, Lethe had kept to himself. It proved to be a hard task to maintain when Yuki had arrived, since his condescending tone towards Iskra was an insult to the warrior as well. He had half a mind to eviscerate the man where he stood, but he knew better than to do something like that. There was always a means to an end, and if he'd attacked Yuki it would have done nothing to achieve the end goal of taking down the dragon. In fact it probably would've just done the opposite and been a hindrance to their cause.

It was unsurprising that Yuki had provoked Jack. The pride demon already had an overly pretentious personality, which was expected of a demon spawned of pride, so to anyone with half a brain it would have been obvious how he was going to react to being called out. In his eyes his previous thought was true, and these two morons were going to compromise the mission.

Lethe let out a growl as his amber eyes shifted from the ensuing fight to Alicia, his annoyance at the battle clear, "Rest assured, the defiant one will not be an issue."

In a surprising act of strength, Lethe drew forth his massive claymore, the tribal warrior handling it with a single arm as if it was a short sword. He let the blade drop, the front end of it striking into the ground. The sheer weight of the blade cracked and splintered the wood it struck, and he shook his head as if resigned to a task he had no true interest in fulfilling. The tall, broad warrior shrugged his shoulder, causing the cloak that had covered the top half of his body to slide off, dropping down to his abdomen were it hung off him from his waist, revealing a muscular form that was dominated by a complex design of tattoos that seemed to give off an energy themselves.

He spoke up to Iskra without looking at her, instead keeping his eyes locked on Jack and Yuki. "Shall I assist Jack, m'lady? Or should I let him handle it?"

EXP: 479
PWC: 479
Other: +1 TEXP (June 5th, earned 250exp)

-----------------
Lethe | Human Hybrid
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
avatar

Rep! : 2
Location : Baltiwhore

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:01 pm



Before I could even get a bearing or figure out what was happening, something else occurred. The village bells. While people were trying to rush out of the tavern due to the transformation of something else, warning bells would take over my forethought. With the door still open behind me, I would step backwards and turn, heading back out into the street to hopefully get a look at this strange creature. Lifting off the ground I would float upwards to roof level, giving me a clear look at the skies. Yep. That was a big flying thing. My only assumption that it was a dragon, and the flying things after it were probably spiritually endowed. Gearing up for the worst case scenario, I would point towards the other side of the village.
“Citizens of the village, take shelter!”
It wasn’t as much a request as it was an order. I didn’t want to have to protect humans while attempting to fight a large beastly creature. Immediately, my mental state would shift from a nice, laid back researcher to something even I rarely did. It wasn’t normal for me to charge into combat with a creature like that, but right now I felt it necessary. My arms would move outwards while my stance widened. A crack of light would sizzle around my body before my first transformation began. It would be a quick split for the pressure to come across the tavern and the surrounding area. A second would pass before the second of my transformations kicked in. My body would become more slender than it was, but still maintain the definitive muscle mass that I normally held. While I wasn’t bulky or a heavy lifter by any means, I could definitely hold my own here. There would be a force of gravity to come down across the area immediately around me, and most of the people would probably be able to feel it. My eyes would begin to glow blue while my hair stood up, phasing in colors between white and yellow. A smile would cross my face before I shot off into the air, heading directly vertical while glowing bright blue. Time to go aid those who would fight the dragon.


W/P Count : 401 /1,581/5
Location : flying at dragon
Mood : DRAGON!!
HP/STA :: 100/100 Stats at 4, INT at 5


Last edited by Ashurei on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added stats)
Back to top Go down
Soothesayer
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 12
Location : The Living Room Couch

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 pm


Dragon Quest
Taken aback was one way to describe Alicia's mood as the being known as Jack (most definitely a demon now) transformed and lunged forward to tear a rather sizable portion out of the defiant young man. Another would be absolutely terrified- and she clearly showed some level of fear upon seeing the unholy terror that was the Pride demon. She couldn't respond to Iskra, who seemed to be making light of the situation, nor could she respond to her cohort- Lethe. She could only back away slowly from the beast that was Jack- thinking to herself stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid! as she went.

The best part is, she thought to herself, Is that you were okay with them fighting moments ago. Now that you've seen Jack for what he truly is, you're pantswettingly terrified. You were the one who decided that it'd be a good idea to throw in with demons. It's your fault and yours alone for allowing yourself to make such a pact. Good thing is, Iskra seems tame at least- but you'll have to watch your tongue around Jack. Clearly he doesn't take criticism very well- even if it was ill-placed and insulting.

Luckily for Alicia, the din inside the tavern was completely masked by the chaos outside. People screaming, things crashing into things, someone shouting at people to get to safety accompanied by the odd whooshing sound of something rather sizable flapping its wings. Seizing the opportunity to escape the ruckus inside, Alicia made for the door- managing to shout "It's here!" before making it out.

Now, the Knight had heard about dragons and how large and awe-invoking they were through story and rhyme- but she never expected it to be like this. Upon seeing the sizable beast, she practically stopped dead in her tracks, gazing at the immense lizard before her for a moment before regaining her composure. "I think..." she said, drawing her sword, "That Jack was right about the whole toothpick thing."

Steeling herself to charge at the great dragon, Alicia caught site of what she thought was the Kami she had seen before, crackling with electricity and flying towards the monster. With immense effort (the air had become immensely heavy for some reason- but she wasn't sure why), the Knight her blade up into a battle stance. She wasn't sure what she would be able to do against the beast- but she also couldn't just stand around and watch the others fight it in her stead. She had to do something. One could hardly call oneself a Knight when they weren't brave enough to fight an oversized lizard.

"Dad- you had better be with me."

At that, she charged forward, shouting over the chaos in the streets. Something changed within the Knight as she dashed towards the beast, something that welled up within her and filled her body with strength that she didn't know she had. Blue markings appeared on her body, glowing radiantly underneath her heavy plate and her skin- though the Knight herself didn't appear to notice. Her blade changed as well, becoming encased in a golden glow that lengthened the sword considerably- making it into a rather sizable weapon- though she still carried it with only one hand.

Oblivious to these changes, the Knight charged on- all of her inhibitions about fighting the beast and her fear from before dashed away in an instant. After all, she'd have her allies to back her up- and, failing at that, the Kami as well. "Today," she shouted, grinning despite the chaos around her, "Today is a good day to die!"

xp: 698 # 3988 xp
Location:
City streets, running towards the dragon
Other: Artifact Activation! +1 to Bladed techs +double Stam Regen (Requesting Roll...?)

-----------------
"Balance is key in battle, as it is in all things. That being said, a bit of force is sometimes necessary to get one's point through."
"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength."
Alicia - The Knight
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 19
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:06 pm

My orders are very simple. Observe the situation in this village and find out if the rumors about a dragon are true, assess the strength of the dragon, and report back. This task seems simple enough. I won't lie, my true desire would be to claim the dragon as a pet, but I haven't the training to perform such a feat. The other desire is to test myself against the dragon. Still, I must subordinate my desires to the orders that were given to me. I observe the citizens of the village first seeing their reactions to the crisis and how some panicked while others mobilized with the adventurers and mercenaries.

I find myself fascinated by all of the activity from my perch atop a random building near the town center. One of the main intrigues is the mini trebuchet that is brought forth. Watching as forces mobilize within the village to try and combat the dragon, I make no motion of aggression. I am simply here to observe what happens and if absolutely necessary, protect as many villagers as necessary. I am fully aware of the fact that there will be casualties.

I remain crouched on the ledge of the roof watching the events unfold and staying out of the way.

236

-----------------
"I Will Strike First and I Will Strike Last. Order calls for your neutralization."
Kautuka - Mystic Hybrid | The Art of War
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:01 pm

Iskra saw many things in a short period of time. Though she was clever for her particular type of spirit, she was still often regarded as slow. It wasn't because she was stupid, far from it. Simply that, if her life wasn't immediately in danger she tended to rely on a steady sort of comprehension over the instincts that often compelled her to act rashly and in a hot-blooded manner.

There were a few that didn't scatter. These were not important. There was the attack on Yuki, the success of which remained to be seen. Yuki claimed not to be her subordinate, so she had no obligation to protect him. At the same time, if Jack wanted to fight him, she wasn't going to ask him to stop because if Yuki wasn't leading and stated that he wasn't following, that made him simply a person in the way. She considered herself somewhat below Jack, as she'd never formally challenged him for dominance, so it wouldn't be her place to give him an order to stop anything anyways.

But Lethe was within her scope. "No," she murmured over the cacophony of battle and bell. "Our objective is the dragon. Jack can handle that person on his own. Come, now."

And with haste she made her way outside the tavern.

As she burst onto the scene outside, an odd transformation took her over, though it happened in a flash of ice and snow, leaving a slight trail of frost behind her as her tail extended until it was over half the length of her body and functioned as a counterbalance, not unlike a snow leopard's, and her eyes took on an ethereal glow. Even her spots seemed to lighten as her fur cast a slight light. The sky was instantly filled with clouds, and strangely enough the weather became snowy. When she ran beside Alicia, a bit of a whirlwind seemed to have seized the area along with a sudden downward pressure.

"It's a better day to live, my friend," she cackled, her glowing, blue glare focused upwards at the dragon as she waited for Lethe.

[ EXP: 400 ]

Actions:
> Used Transformation (Slot 1-4: Healing, Hasten, Whirlwind, Morph/Healing, TransMerger + Atmosphere Change, Pressure, Glow)
Location: Village, running towards dragon


-----------------
Iskra + Techniques
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:49 pm

Yuki turns and starts to follow after Iskra and as he begins to hear Jack begin to speak again, Yuki narrows his gaze into a glare, letting out a faint growl as he focus on holding himself back from reacting and lashing out at the male, knowing right now he has more important things to tend to at the moment. As Yuki moves away from Jack, he turns his back to the male, deciding to get back to the reason why he had came to this village, the dragon that was suppose to come attack the village. While moving away, Yuki feels a sharp sting as something strikes him from behind, the pain surging through him causing his eyes to widen as he comes to realize he had turned his back on someone that had intended to harm him. The pain begins to dull as Yuki's body succumbs to the amount of damage that had been caused to it in the moment of being hit from behind. Things begin to go black for Yuki as he sinks to his kneels before falling forward onto his face as the world around him goes black as he slips into the dark abyss of unconsciousness from Jack's surprise attack.

EXP: 214 | | 951
Location: With Jack
HP: 000 / 100
Stamina: 100 / 100
Status: Unconsciousness

-----------------


Last edited by Rune on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Talked with Jack and aggreed on how to proceed.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest   

Back to top Go down
 
Shinteractive Quest: The Dragon Quest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The quest for celestians A dragon quest 9 fanfic
» Elf Quest Card Game, a "Magic" variant.
» The Final Quest
» Final Quest #9
» Final Quest #10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shintheory Role-Playing :: DOR :: Roleplaying Board :: Terra Regnum-
Jump to: