Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

Rep! : 19

Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] Empty
PostSubject: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Location: Coastal Regions - Southern Border Village with Desert Lands

The audience chamber is buzzing right now as a man in desert garbs is standing before the Count of this village. The Count is visibly uneasy at the presence of the messeger & also saddened. The herald of the Count speaks, "My lord wishes proof of his nephew's well being before any further negotiations can proceed." The desert garbed man responds callously, "How valuable is a corpse when u seek a ransom? He is alive and being treated fairly. I bring you his ring absent of blood or flesh." The Count speaks, "I will send for someone to discuss the details with you. Until then, you will remain here as a guest of this house." The Count nods to his guards & tells them that he will execute the entire family of anyone who injuries the man. They nod to him and ask the desert messenger to go with them.

Time: 3 Hours Later

A messenger bird arrives at the Keep. The scroll is read then taken to one of the nobles in the Keep who is in council with other nobles. "Lord Captain, noble lords, there is a problem to the south in one of the border villages. The nephew of Count Wudol has been abducted by one of the desert tribes & is being held for ransom. He requests that you send someone to handle the negotiations & safe release of his nephew at minimal costs to his house." One of the nobles asks who they should send. One noble actually suggests doing nothing in order to force the northern advisors to finally see that more resources & troops are needed in the south. It is noted that aid must be rendered as the border villages help in keeping the southern border of the coastal regions free from issues like this one. The Lord Captain speaks, "The Operatives can handle a situation like this. My Lord, allow me to dispatch a handler to retrieve one of them. I am told that Operative Dravec is skilled at these sort of negotiations." One of the more conventional nobles scoffs at the idea, "Send an operative to handle negotiations? That is like inviting aggression. Most of these operatives have executed missions in the desert lands. And your Dravec is an animal!" The Lord Captain turns his fiery gaze, "You pompous..." One of the senior nobles interrupts, "Lord Captain!" The Lord Captain stands down and the senior noble continues, "This is a delicate situation, Lord Captain. Dravec has been an asset to the Crown's more sensitive missions, but most of those have been infiltration based, not negotiations. Information gathering is different than negotiations. I say we send in a diplomat who is better suited for this sort of thing, BUT locate Operative Dravec as well."

EXP: 544

Last edited by Kazatul on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:12 pm

The Lord Captain saw no major objection to the senior noble's suggestion. He was a proponent of the Operatives as one of his mentors is a General in charge of overseeing a team of operatives. This fact is what motivates him to defend operatives against those who would insult and slander them yet also relish in the spoils of their services and abilities. It was a hypocrisy that the Lord Captain hated within a lot of the nobility even tho he is nobility himself. The Lord of the Keep hears enough and tells the conventional noble to send an ambassador to bring forth the safe return of the Count's nephew. He bows and agrees. The meeting is adjourned early so that they could see to this situation and so that all of the nobles could cool their heads.

The senior noble takes the Lord Captain with him and they speak. "Your temper is what prevents your rise in status. How can you become a General or a Knight Protector if you continue to have outbursts like that?" The Lord Captain responds near instantly, "So am I supposed to say nothing and allow the good work the Operatives do be tarnished by a coward who thinks his petty words will alway protect him?" The elder male sighs and says, "That is exactly what I mean. Do you think Count Kuod has ever met Dravec or any of the quality operatives for that matter? So on what basis is Dravec an animal? His methods & ability to track down targets or because of his ferocity? All of these are reasons we tend to honor because we know their value. You do not always have to attack, Captain. Often, the wisest strategy is to turn your adversary against himself & watch their defeat unfold. You ask him the question I asked you and watch him struggle to produce anything more than hearsay & opinion. That is how you defeat a man like Kuod. Now, are u calm enough to summon the young operative?" The Lord Captain nods and thanks the elder for the valuable lesson.

He retrieves a vial of white wax before writing the letter. The senior asks, "I have always wondering what the different colored waxes are for." The Lord Captain tells him that only the military leaders know of their meaning. "It is to prevent the forgery of orders since u are well aware of the validity of rumors regarding operatives being used in covert operations including the neutralization of threats to the Monarchy's interests. Dravec has undertaken some of the most daring and some of the most vicious missions that have been authorized and others that even the Advisory Council is unaware of." The Elder Noble jokingly states that the Lord Captain is sounding more & more like "The General" every time he returns from the "Invisible Citadel", which is the nickname for the rumored HQ of the Militia unit in command of the Operatives. The Lord Captain chuckles then tilts his head to the side & nods in agreement. The General was an inspiring figure.

The Lord Captain finishes the letter and they head to the terrace. He pulls out a small ocarina and plays a tune on it. He repeats the tune for a couple of minutes before there is a crow heard in response. A falcon & a hawk both land and he taps the falcon on the head. He gives the hawk some feed before the hawk flies off. The elder noble is intrigued and impressed by the sight. The Lord Captain speaks to the falcon as if it was a child before attaching the small scroll to its leg. His command before sending the bird of prey off is, "Find Dravec." The Falcon eats a small amount of food before it too flies off.

EXP: 700/1244
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:47 pm

So he found the whole situation, "interesting"? He is a peculiar one indeed, but there are not many who I would prefer to travel with one a situation like this. He doesn't seem to be that much older than me, but he is one of the Sky People, and I have yet to inquire about how they define age and time in his realm. Perhaps, time moved slower up there than down here? What if they don't even recognize the concept of time. How crazy would that be? I nod to Lady Gantele then the Handler, who clearly recognizes the facial expression and look in my eyes before I turn to lead Ashurei away. Vanishing, I start to wonder why they chose me for this mission. A trick for traveling thru the Void that I had recently learned, was to "jump" from point to point while remaining inside of the Void when I have to cover long distance. I am fully aware of the fact that I have to start training my powers and deepening my connection to the Void in the coming weeks. I am beginning to feel stagnant in my growth and that is far from what I want.

The trip from the coast to the border keep is quite brisk, but when we arrive near the rendezvous point, I find myself greatly fatigued all of a sudden. I realize that pulling Ashurei along during this series of jumps was the obvious cause as the other times I was by myself or not going nearly as far. I would stop and look around the area as I build up my stamina again. While I wait for my contact to arrive, I would seek to further hide my fatigue by inquiring about the recent state of things in the Realm of the Sky People. "Good to see you again, Ashurei. Thank you for taking Lady Gantele for that flight and swim. How goes things for you back home?"

342/1586

OOC: Continued from above link.
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

Rep! : 2

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:15 pm

The same feeling that had occurred the first time came across me began again. I was getting used to it now that I had learned my own form of control in this style of energy. I wasn't going to show any of that yet, but I figured the land walker might be entertained by the amount of experience I had gained in walking the void. While our two methods of entering the void were different, I was unsure of whether or not I could bring someone with me since I opened the void by using electricity. When we arrived, teh environment would be compeltely different from what we had just come from. The air was dry and rather intolerable to me. Stepping down beside the void walker, I would stretch for a moment while he spoke. I was in rather decent of a mood from the relaxing human girl earlier.

"I am well Dravec. My homeland is pretty close to that. We are currently gearing up to begin rebuilding a great icon from the past age. Hopefully, through redoing this, we can fully unite our people once again. If this occurs, we will be able to assist in the affairs of this realm, more frequently than before. The lower realm is plagued with chaos and destruction, and that is intolerable to me."
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:08 pm

I respond jokingly though it is hard to read the sarcasm given the eerie calmness of my voice, "Don't try to cure the chaos and destruction too quickly or I will be out of work and bored." I was serious at the same time though. Total peace would be adverse to my desires and pleasures. I actually happen to enjoy the conflicts, which would probably explain why I spend so much time in the forests back west and these regions near the desert lands. They give more than enough work caused by their actions, both towards outsiders like the Mare Maris protected villages and leaders as well as among themselves.

The land here on the border is not full desert as there is some greenery, but it is a light almost yellowish or golden brownish green color. There is plenty of dirt around as well. The climate is warmer than the coast for sure, but the humidity is lessened here. There are paved dirt roads that show their usage by wagons and mounts, mostly hoofed. There aren't a great number of people traveling about but there are some. Ashurei would also notice a shift in attire. Their style here is lighter colors, primarily earthen tones, and looser fitting clothing. The wild life here is slightly different as well. The fur on the beasts is lighter and the body structure seems to be more slender and muscular. They don't seem to be paying much attention to us at the moment though.

A militia scout in uniform approaches and looks at me then at Ashurei. "The Lord Captain has been expecting you, but he did not mention that you would be accompanied." I look at the scout with a stern expression and inquire, "Where is the Lord Captain?" The scout signals for me to follow him. I lean over towards Ashurei and tell him, "Try to avoid flying until I can gauge the command structure here."

361/1947
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 pm

I would stand there for a few moments while taking in the surroundings. It was far different from anything I had seen before now. I couldn’t recall ever coming here intentionally unless I had been lost. Even then, my mood was highly irritable and not really caring to pay attention to the surroundings. The attire was enough for me to stand out rather obviously. Listening to the other, I would lower my feet to the ground, something that was rarely done. I didn’t want to walk into a hostile situation or get the void walker in trouble if I could avoid it. I’d keep closely behind him while the scout ventured towards us. Another one? I could assume he was speaking about me.
“Command structure here as well? Does your organization maintain operations inside this land as well, even though they are obviously different? “
I was curious about their ability to maintain independent relations while operating in these countries. From what I had observed, I felt like there were blatantly obvious territories that were kept in a reserved status of each other. While they didn’t seem to be all that friendly, they weren’t exactly hostile towards each other either.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:29 pm

Nodding to Ashurei, I reply, "Yes, though this is a less favorable one I have always been told by the other operatives. The nobility here is considered more of a nuisance than our targets a lot of the times." The scout looks back at me & I ignore him. The Keep was the southernmost military outpost in Mare Maris territory & so that is where we were heading so that I could receive my orders and get to work. Truth be told, operatives typically reflected the general feel of military nobles vs. political nobles. The political ones should oversee domestic initiatives & have little to no say in the affairs of military or how it operates. Situations like these fall into a sort of grey area because one avenue is diplomacy while the other would be a rescue mission. Considering that this hostage isn't even all that important, as far as I know, the rescue mission would have been a lot more enjoyable. Hopefully by bringing Ashurei along, he can handle the nobles and keep them from upsetting me too much.

The Keep comes into view soon as we approach the compound. Once we are close enough to have a visual of the gate guards, I look over to Ashurei and signal that we are about to take a quick walk thru the Void. This "scout", more like a herald, smelled of fragrance which let me know that he is most likely from nobility and given a post where he can boast of glory without actually having to get his own hands dirty. Within moments, Ashurei and I would be at the gates with the herald behind us. I would nod to the gate guards who are too slow to attack before I would pretend to kill one of them. "You knew I was coming and still you were not ready. This is why I have to save you both. I am pleased to see that both of you are still alive down here. I was told to report to the Lord Captain. This is my traveling companion. He will be aiding me in this matter. Don't worry, he won't be getting into any trouble." The gate guards nod to me and allow us to pass thru the gates after giving me directions on how to find the Lord Captain.

Apparently, I would need to do no such thing. Upon entering the Keep, he finds me, which is actually a surprise to me. His facial expression looks troubled and irritated. I lean towards Ashurei to speak softly, "You may be getting quite a few observances of our life and interactions for your research today." I try to keep the "mood" between us light even though something seems to be off...

491/
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:09 pm

It seemed to me that there was a lack of cooperation between the supposed nobility and the military. I could understand a difference between religion and military, but shouldn’t the first two be more hand in hand? I was curious to why that was so, but wasn’t going to press it for now. There were still a lot of questions I had left to ask and this really wasn’t a convenient time to do so. A short crack and we would jump forward again, reappearing a decent distance forward from the scout. As we neared what looked to be an obviously military structure, I would insist on keeping my mouth shut. I was here to observe, not interfere. I would keep a smile on my face, care free and pretty laid back, when he mentioned that I would not be getting into any trouble. As of right now, I hoped he was right on that one. The last thing I needed to do was piss off a bunch of land walkers and start a conflict between our two people. It wouldn’t be long before we would be approached by someone else, and I could figure out that he was important rather easily. Why he looked distressed I didn’t know. Under normal circumstances, I would pull my legs up and sit there to observe the situation at hand, but I remembered being asked not to.
“I’ll keep that in mind.. this place isn’t right...”

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:55 pm

The Lord Captain had just received one of the worst possible reports from the negotiations. They had turned sour and quickly. The diplomat sent looked down upon the bandit's "negotiator" so he felt that his offers were of prime caliber and should just be accepted without question and when given witty rebuttals, he struggled to handle them. The bandit was growing tired of the long-winded responses and empty promises and threats. The bandit's desire was simple. He wanted goods in exchange for the nephew's safe return. Things were close to reaching an impasse before a break was agreed upon.

Upon receiving said report, the Lord Captain went to rush along the process of locating me. When he reaches me, I bow to him respectfully and he looks at Ashurei peculiarly. His gaze falls back upon me and I nod to him to signify that Ashurei is my companion. He tells me that two operatives is better than one it would seem if things turn sour. The Lord Captain brings me up to speed on what has been attempted and failed by the diplomat. I had a backup that I would need to get put in motion soon, so I grab one of the street kids and ask him if he would like for the entire week without worry. The boy nods and I whisper in his ear his instructions. He looks at me and I ask him if he's got it and he nods enthusiastically. I tilt my head to the side to signal for him for get moving then. I am curious as to how the Sky People might handle a situation such as this one, so I ask Ashurei, "Do you have any suggestions on how to salvage the negotiations with the bandit envoy?" The Lord Captain turns and looks at him as well wondering if this stranger would provide insight that they had not thought of already.

345/2783
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:09 pm

I watched the lord captain look at me rather curiously. I would stand by and listen to the entire situation. So, these desert bandits had the nephew of a noble, which in turn made that kid a noble. Whether he was of age or not I did not know as of yet. That intel was not exactly important though, so I would overlook it for now. With the bandits wanting supplies in exchange for it, it seemed almost as if they would be forced to engage in the peaceful solution. I had three courses of action in my mind that could be played out in this type of situation. Fortunately for me, I had already been through this form of situation.
“We had a situation years ago when a dark one captured a child of our race. He held the child captive until he was granted safe passage from our lands. When we failed to give in to his threats, he openly executed the child. For this, he was publically executed due to the lack of a protective position. In this situation, you can switch it around towards them. If the nephew is not in fact returned, then full pressure can be placed on them until it his safe return. Or you could send the two of us to bring him back. I am a neutral party, and hold no allegiance to either side. For me to act independently cannot be considered an act of hostility by your people. Anyway, that’s my position on the situation.”
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:31 pm

The Lord Captain looks at Ashurei before turning his gaze to me. I sigh and the Lord Captain tells me that he likes Ashurei's way of thinking. I smile for a moment before speaking up, "We should not rush into this carelessly. While I have no ties to the boy, I figure his family wants him returned safely. First, with your permission, Lord Captain, I would like to meet with the bandit envoy. I want to gauge what sort of person he is so that I can better proceed. Also, I noticed that you eyed the young boy that I spoke with. The result of the boy's errand is a matter that you do not desire knowledge of as it will allow you to deny what I am sure I will need to do." The Lord Captain nods and tells me, "Do what must be done, Operative. I care not for the methods, but for the result. Do not start an open conflict and return the young noble back safely to his uncle." Nodding my head, I agree to his terms. The Lord Captain tells us where to find the envoy and I start walking expecting Ashurei to come as well. Once we are away from the Lord Captain, I would inquire, "What are these dark ones that you mentioned?" He was from the Realm of the Sky People, so I did not think that he meant one of the Order of Chaos scum, but I figure if I can teleport within this realm, then perhaps they have someone who can teleport between the realms? Hmm... this thought bothers me a bit.

280/3063
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:23 pm

A slight bow of respect would be given to the superior being of the void walker. I was not one to disrespect anyone, and it was in my best interest to stay on good terms with at least some of the land walkers. After all, I was unsure of what events may transpire and I might require their assistance one day. With Dravec leaving, I would float around in a circle, slightly above the ground, and set down before walking behind him. It would be then that a question was posed to me. The dark ones? He must mean the balancers of my own people.
“The dark ones, the tainted ones, demons, they go my many names. They are the balancing act in this chaotic world. While my people live in peace and strive for the greater good of all of us, the dark ones are selfish, evil beings who bask in chaos and destruction. It is very well that you may cross some of these beings one day, and through that you may be tested beyond your wildest limits. Trust me when I tell you that my lightning on the rocks earlier was just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to spiritual power. These beings wield as much power as we do, and use it for their own benefit. Their ability to hide in plain sight as one of your own is another growing concern of mine. Anyway, enough rambling.. shall we get on?

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Now this is certainly one of those times when I wish I wasn't on a mission b/c description of these dark ones just got far more interesting. They sound like they are exactly the same as the Order of Chaos so either the Order had found a way to infiltrate the Realm of the Sky People or it was the opposite... there were dark Sky People who had descended to this realm & collected in the cursed south of the Western Forests to bring forth great misery for people. Either way it would seem that Ashurei & I had a common enemy now. There are so many questions that I want to ask him but perhaps now is not the best of times. Instead, I would nod my head and continue to lead the way. Since I don't come here frequently, the Lord Captain gives me pretty exact directions to find the bandit envoy. While we are walking, I ask Ashurei, "What's the coolest power you've ever seen used?" I am genuinely curious about what forms of magic & spiritual powers the Sky People possess.

Inside an undisclosed tavern like establishment, the young boy emerges thru a small cubby hole entrance. Good, he could follow instructions. It would be a matter of maybe a few minutes before the boy is found by an adult. They look at him and ask him how he got inside. The boy pauses and thinks for a moment as they move closer to capturing him and he blurts out, "I slipped in, did what I needed to do, and left you smiling!" He stops temporariy unsure if he had recited the answer as he was instructed. The worker chuckles and extends his hand for the boy to walk with him. The boy takes his hand and says, "One of these days, I will understand how he gets you kids in here." The boy smiles and just follows along. His instructions were very simple in order to get what was promised to him.

354/3417
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:05 am

I would continue walking alongside him while casually bringing my arms up behind my head. IT was an interesting day indeed when someone would ask me something as interesting as that. Did I find that interesting? Absolutely, since there was a lot of interesting in this interesting day. My thought process would ramble on for a moment until I got my answer. What power had been most amazing to me? That had to be the strength that my master had displayed, which caused me to seek him out as a teacher. Only after my massive failures and nearly getting exterminated did he decide to take me as an apprentice.
“The strongest person I know is my master. I watched him dispatch three dozen dark ones without lifting a finger. It was a bright flash of light, and all that was left was ash. The amount of electricity his body can possess at any given time is something far above my current capabilities. At times it is utterly frustrating, but other than that, I’ve seen people who can move and control all of the elements, all the way up to pure energy. “
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Wow! They have some pretty cool Sky People then! To possess that sort of power. There's only a handful of people that I have witnessed possess that great of a power. There was my Master, of course, though I don't know if he ever fought against three dozen enemies. Forces typically didn't amass that big outside of a conquest battle or a raid. Besides that there was the Head Magus that I snuck to watch in the Village of the Sun. I saw him rebuild multiple houses at once after a young wind magus created a tornado that he lost control of. I swear it looked like the Head Magus just grabbed the tornado and as he clenched his fist, it was dispersed. There was also that magus from the Order that I encountered about a year ago. He definitely slaughtered more than three dozen and I have a distinct feeling that he probably could've killed them all in a flash, but he enjoyed prolonging their suffering. This internal recollection would keep me silent as we walked. That would be broken when I notice that we had arrived. "Your master sounds most impressive. Does he travel down to this realm too? This is the inn that the Lord Captain described." I look around to scan for any potential signs of an ambush or worse yet, someone looking to attack the bandit envoy. That would make my job very difficult. Pausing for a moment, I "jokingly" ask Ashurei, "So I need to get a gauge of how much danger the young noble is in & how much time we have to operate. Do you think you can talk to him so that I can try to read him?" Sure he wanted to observe, but I figure he can learn just as much or more by doing.

321/3738

Last edited by Kazatul on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:42 pm

I would continue to walk while thinking about my master. It was difficult to say when he would make another appearance. He had forced himself into isolation training (like he needed it) at the loss of someone close to him. With the appearance of buildings and some sort of civilization coming into full view, I dropped my hands down to my side in thought. The remark he made about my master was an interesting one. Those who had witnessed his display of power revered him as one of the stronger defenders of our realm. Rarely would he ever engage in combat unless it was absolutely necessary, and at that point the opposing issue would be taken care of swiftly.
“My master and many others of our kind do not visit this realm. To most this realm is plagued and unable to be saved. The second birth left us with our own society to rebuild, and that we have done rather successfully. Now they worry about the greater good of our people, and just that. Land walkers and their affairs really are none of our concern. “
I would step up a half foot and continue on floating. I was rather bored with walking, and felt more comfortable at least floating along than anything else. With the posing of another request, I thought about it for a moment.
“Talk to who, the bandits that are holding the noble? If you want me to gauge the enemy, I can do that with a simple touch.”

+6 TEXP
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:57 am

I explain while we are still outside the establishment, "I want you to take the lead with the envoy. Introduce yoursel and tell him that you will be taking over negotiations for the pompous bureaucrat that he had to be annoyed by. Tell him you wanted to meet him in a more relaxed environment so that everyone can get what they want out this deal. This should him at ease b/c I am sure that he doesn't think too highly of the diplomat either. While you are doing this, I will simply observe as I am trying to read his character & position. There are multiple ways to retrieve the noble & diplomacy is but one of them. Can you handle that?" I already knew the anwer to that question, but I would pose it anyway.

142/3880

Last edited by Kazatul on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:43 pm

What an interesting method to get what you wanted. While I fully believed in diplomacy, I was also fully capable of handling myself against these land walkers. There was not so much a gaze of inferiority as it was a lack of true understanding that they held. I would sigh lightly while accepting his terms. After all, this was his mission and objective, not mine. The fact that I was here meant little to these ends. If I could proactively and objectively learn about their people and their interactions, I may be capable of learning more about them as a whole. Taking two steps forward, I would walk a half step in front of the other one. It was obvious that we were going forward towards the only sign of livable establishment, so as a diplomatic envoy, I would probably view the military to be inferior to the noble class. The first stage of diplomacy is setting a persona to an objective, and that was something that, as a third party, I could do. After all, they probably wouldn’t openly attack a spiritual being from a higher plane of existence, would they? For their sake, I hoped the answer was no. I had a few new little perks that needed to be tested out in battle and while I didn’t want a battle to ensue, I was not completely against it either.
“let’s meet these bandits..”
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:49 pm

His enthusiasm is intriguing and refreshing. Wasting no time, I fall in step behind him as we would enter the tavern like building. Upon entering, some eyes perk up to see who we are for starters and some interested parties were waiting for contacts, buyers, or others paranoid that militia members, bounty hunters, mercs, or assassins might have found them. This was the way of things the closer to the desert lands that you got. The most trustworthy individuals in these establishments could be a sociopath or master swindler. The most ferocious looking was typically among the easiest to subdue. I actually tend to enjoy coming down this way when I can just for the excitement. I continue to appear as if I am a simple bodyguard or underling for Ashurei. I find that taking a background ground allows me to gather intel so much easier. I whisper to Ashurei not to mention my name to the bandit. While I am not well known, I did not want this to be the one bandit envoy that would know who I am and what I have done. Instead, I tell him that he can refer to me as his servant for all I care.

The music continues and the barmaids make their rounds. Those without trays of drink or food tend to get the occasional grope from a drunken ruffian, but nothing too out of hand. Some of the more feisty barmaids follow the grope with a slap or punch. Spotting the envoy, I would subtly point him out to Ashurei. He was by himself as expected drinking from a mug of mead or ale. He seems to be simply observing the crowd. The music is lively and drunken tables sing along as several others are running games of chance with bartering items on the table as wagers. It is an energetic place for sure. We would make our way towards the envoy before Ashurei would take the reins to introduce himself. I look around to fully sell the role of a bodyguard or hired hand for Ashurei to the envoy. As soon as we were able to sit down, my attention even when disguised as being diverted would be focused like a falcon to prey on the bandit envoy and everything I could learn.

416/4296
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:04 pm

The most likely place for any kind of interesting character that wished to be found could be found in the tavern. From all of my travels in this realm, this fact remained the same for all of them. I would keep my eyes focused on the task at hand while they moved from person to person inside the darkened building. The air was fresher than I expected it to be, and the liveliness of it let me get a feel for how unlawful it was. Usually taverns in well kept placed were tame and well kept. This was not the case. Taking a few steps forward, I would acknowledge Dravec’s words move towards the target at hand. He sat alone, giving me the impression that he was expecting us. Of course, to assume that he was in fact alone would leave me at a disadvantage. While I could probably take down most of the immediate area, the casualties for noncombatants would be far too great. My concern would have to remain in check, and diplomacy given a chance.
Taking a seat across from him, I would give word to Dravec to stand. If he wanted to survey, he could listen in while surveying the bar. That would give him the best advantage for gaining intel on numbers and physical strength.
“Greetings, I am the current representative of the northern lands. I believe you have something important to them. While their previous means of communication have not been taken well, I assure you that I am here to reach the most efficient compromise that is possible between your two people.”
Unfortunately for me, the only reply I would get was a large laugh. He was not taking it seriously, as his reply was simple.
“I see.. so they couldn’t fix their problems and hired an outsider. This isn’t any of your business. If they want to get the brat back, they can do it themselves.”A light sigh would come from me in response. This was not exactly how I wanted things to go here. I had hoped for the best, and maybe my optimism was a mistake. Making a motion for one of the cute ladies with drinks to come over, I would get a drink from her, take a sip, and continue. Negotiations were always a pain in the ass, but were highly important when leading any size body of people.
“I assure you that course of action is not something you want. I seek resolution in a peaceful manner. I give you my word as an emissary that I can give a peaceful solution. Heed my words for your own sake.”
“or what.”
I would sigh again. His words were quick to debate, and easy to dismiss. This could probably take a while, and I was unsure of how much a while could actually be. It was going to get tricky, especially if time was relative to the boy’s life.
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 pm

When Ashurei tells me to remain standing, I nod with a soft spoken "Yes, sir." While they are talking, I monitor the envoy's body language. While he did indeed taunt the Sky Man, he also observed the room. There were certain areas of the tavern that his eyes continuously returned to. So he in fact was not alone. A barmaid walks over to me and pretends to flirt with me before a drunk patron stumbles backward into her, which in turn sends her forward into me. I grab her to make sure she is alright. I tell her that after my employer here finishes his meeting that perhaps I would find my way to see her again tonight. She jokingly tells me that I had better hope that no one else beats me to my prize. I just smile before my attention is sent back to the conversation at hand. One significant benefit to youth is that such exchanges are chalked up to youthful indiscretion and hormones.

When the words sharpen a bit, I don't even blink. I'll admit that I probably would have preferred for things to stay on the happy & peaceful path, but badits tend to maintain one very common & habitual trait, they are greedy and always having to protect their bravado. That would provide me with the opportunity to do what I needed to do, but I also find myself very curious as t how Ashurei will handle dealing with someone like this bandit envoy. The envoy is not as confident as he leads on. There are subtlies in his eyes that tell me everything that I truly wish to know. The boy is alive b/c I don't believe the Envoy will do anything to harm the boy noble while he's stll in their city, even with backup scattered around here. Another scan of the room and I am able to actually identify some of his fellow bandits. They'll be missing by dawn.

348/4644

Last edited by Kazatul on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:21 pm

The momentary pause would allow me to switch the conversation from pleasantries over into an offensively productive remark. I was not here to play nice; I was here to do a job. If this bandit chose to be difficult, then I would have to respond accordingly and treat him like a child. Crossing my hands in front of me, I could feel the light spark of energy go between them. For someone like a lowly human, there wouldn’t be much that they could do. Bandits were weak willed individuals who thrived knowing they had a bargaining chip.
“Or your existence will be invalidated. You see, I am not like the land walkers that you failed to properly bargain with. You asset your strength knowing that they will not attack you due to the hostage you currently possess. However, if something were to happen to that hostage.. well..”
Keeping my fingers together, my body would tense up. Each muscle would press energy through it while strength was exerted across the area. Not even Dravec, the void walker had seen me at full strength. The pressure would rain across the area, exerted downwards towards the ground they each walked upon. I was not going to give light bluffs or exchange meaningless words. This was a simple display of superiority. I would remain sitting there with my hands crossed in front of me, speaking as casual as before.
“every single person in this village who you have ever associated with will die. That is the truth of it. This is not the doing of the humans, this is divine punishment that you shall receive for your sins.”
I would have to apologize to Dravec later for slightly losing my temper. A moment would pass before the forceful pressure would be lifted. Just a few moments of my actual strength should be able to get the point across to not only him, but his associates. There would be no idle threats given from me, just a simple bargain. I figured this would be the most effective way of getting what we wanted. At the end of the day, their self preservation may outweigh their lack of intelligence in this matter.
“Return the boy before the sun sets, and you and your companions will make it through the night. “
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:39 am

And just like that, things took a nose dive towards aggression. I smile as I look between the two. This sort of approach has an interesting effect. The envoy was quick of hand and the pair of daggers that rested in his hands under the table could have been launched at the spirit in response to his aggression while the exertion of energy would have caused warning for the envoy, it would not have caused him to completely back down. Someone important is here. I scan the room for anyone paying extra attention to this meeting. I had already noticed potential accomplices who would undoubtedly give a signal or run a message to harm the boy should the envoy be harmed. There had to be someone else. Someone who... my eyes stop as they lock onto their target. Someone who should not even be here. My bet is that bandits have the same problem as military nobles... being forced to take the ill-equipped offspring of an important figure out on a mission they have no business being on. My attention is only diverted for a moment before I look to Ashurei, "We are only here to talk, sir. Same as the envoy. We do not need additional casualties. We should at least hear their terms first." My eyes fall on the envoy when I mention extra casualties. I wantd him to know that their young master could be lost in this as well. So long as Ashurei remains civil, we would be departing soon. There was till work to be done before actual negotiations began in the morning.

292/4936
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:44 pm

He had been warned. Ignoring the words of the void walker, I would keep my hands calmly folded in front of me. There was little sign of actual aggression coming from me, just a show of physical superiority. Had the envoy made a move towards me, he would have been paralyzed before making it halfway. I had already given myself the advantage in terms of positioning, and would have used that advantage to the fullest benefit possible. With the mention of additional casualties, it hit me that they were currently in the same situation. Fortunately for them, I was an outsider that did not openly represent their lands. What would the bandits do if something happened, declare war on another realm? Good luck with that. The thought was instantly discarded as I returned to the conversation.
“What are your terms for this issue? I will give no further warnings. Keep your tone light, and speak without hostile intent and I will allow you to walk from here in one piece. While I ignore your openly insulting manner, I will forgive you for it. After all, you were raised in chaos, improperly from the ways of divinity. “
“We all want to leave here, that is guaranteed.”
“Good. We shall continue.”
Rotating my head, I would bring my focus to Dravec. He was the technical emissary from his land. I didn’t know the full story, or yet, I wasn’t really paying attention when it was explained. He would know better about the terms of this engagement than I do now.
“What terms do you bring to offer these bandits in exchange for the safe return of the young noble?”

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 pm

In my plans to observe the envoy, I had learned something interesting about Ashurei. Most people would consider it a negative trait, but I find it fascinating. He is actually quite arrogant. I kinda like that. He had always seemed so cool and reserved and curious, but now I was getting to see the real Ashurei I think. I also realize that I will have to keep a bit more "control" over Ashurei now. I probably should have asked if he has a prior disdain for bandits or kidnappers in general before having him take lead on this. In response to the terms, I answer vaguely, "My employers seek a reasonable deal where everyone wins, but you would do well to remember that you kidnapped a border noble, who is not directly affiliated with the Mare Maris Monarchy, so his value is not as high as you may have first thought. The Crown is not backing the boy's release. In fact, the Queen probably has no knowledge of him even being missing since his uncle is respected but not an official member of her court. You should think about that tonight. We will all meet in the morning. Also, you should send someone to ready the boy. I do not like long negotiations, so this will end tomorrow. We will leave you to enjoy the rest of your evening."

I would wait for Ashurei to rise before we would head for the exit. I look at the young man that the envoy did not want me to notice. I wanted to get a good glimpse of his face. Grabbing a trinket from the floor next to a drunken gambler, I call over a barmaid. "This young man looks wanting. You should correct that." I toss the trinket into her brazier so that it is snugly positioned within her bosom. "Don't be afraid. They don't bite... though she might." I would not look back at the Envoy or remain, the message had been sent. As we get closer to the exit, I whisper to Ashurei, "We're going to be busy tonight." Once we get outside, I would check the note that the "flirtatious" barmaid had slipped into my pocket when she bumped into me. I was not sure if they had to engage in clandestine operations in a peaceful realm, but here amidst the chaos, it was common practice.

429/5365
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:57 pm

The words were quick and simple. While it really didn’t answer the question or give anything to work with, it did give the opposing party some room to think about it. After his words had finished, I would let there be a pause before continuing where I left off. He had said all that needed to be said. Tomorrow we would conclude this little issue, and I would be kicked back on a beach in the north before I knew what happened. Truth be told, anyone who would hold the next generation, the future of a land, accountable for their own distaste with the previous is absolute garbage. It was nothing personal; I just didn’t like the whole vibe of it. However, I had been asked to come and so I did.
Standing from my seat, I would keep my feet planted firmly on the ground to keep knowledge of my spirit base up. Taking a casual walk forward, I would allow Dravec to take the lead. I watched carefully as he made his dealings, probably something that I didn’t really want to know. In the upper realm, business like this would never happen within our own ranks. We all worked for the better of our entire race. That was completely absent down here. I would make note of that, and finally come to the understanding that this realm needed an intervention. A divine intervention. Stopping outside to listen to him whisper, I would reply rather casually. My arms would fold up behind my head before we continued walking, and I would pose a question to him..
“Dravec. If the boy does not make it to sunrise, there will be conflict. Are you ready for that?”

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:46 pm

I smile at Ashurei, "The package will remain intact." I take a moment to read over the note and grin at its contents. That was what I wanted to see. The boy messenger had succeeded in his mission as the note was from the contact I had sent him to find. It confirmed that the young man that I had identifid was the son of this bandit group's Warden. That made him pretty damn important. They have taken a piece from the board, so I will counter the measure. I will take one of their most valuable pieces. That should make Ashure's negotiations a bit easier. Still, I need to find a way to learn of the noble boy's location. "Tho I am quite prepared for mass conflict, I find smaller ones to be far easier to manage and win. I have a question for you. There was some aggression back there which I haven't seen from you before. Are you of a mood to get your hands dirty?" There is a slightly sinister grin on my face as I pose that question. I would explain the situation to him momentarily, but I needed to know if he was on board b/c he was going to see the darker side of what I do for those who hire me.

221/5586

Last edited by Kazatul on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:56 pm

I would continue to walk before halting rather abruptly. His question was direct, something that I hadn’t expected from him. Did I have a problem with the bandits? Not really. Did I have a problem with anyone who gambled with the future of another people? Absolutely. I guess it was time to explain why this was such an annoyance. It wasn’t anything personal, and I could keep myself in check. I also hadn’t explained that a single level up wasn’t my full capabilities either. While it got the point that I wasn’t going to waste time, it may have sent the wrong message, making this more difficult.
“Back there, I gave a warning through strength. That was to let them know that my time was not to be wasted. Anyone who uses the future of the people as a bargaining chip to get their way deserves to have their existence ended. That boy, whether he is capable or not, is the future of his family and his people. I have been unable to stretch my wings down here, and am fully capable of handling any situation directed towards me. After all, I am a neutral party and do not represent your people. If you need to deal in a dishonorable manner, then I accept that and am willing to accompany you.”

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 3:19 pm

I understood his viewpoint on these matters a bit better, but things were not so absolute and black and white here in this realm. There was much grey area that we contended with on a normal basis. Would I kill a young boy who had not reached the age of manhood? No. Would I kill someone's son if hired to do so? Absolutely. My job is to solve problems. Morality and societal norms played no role in my decision making. My code was simply that I did not like to prey on the weak. It presented no challenge or means for growth. Now that he was down to go play, I inform him as we start walking towards the Lord Captain's guard house. I needed to inform him of what I was planning to do so he could be prepared.

"Here's the plan, Ashurei. The bandit envoy is not alone here. The envoy himself is not to be harmed, but his friends that he brought with him are fair game. Do you remember the young man that I stopped to make a scene for? (Assuming you say yes.) He is the son of that outfit's Warden, which is a very high ranking position. We don't want him harmed... much... either. He is going to be our new trump card for tomorrow's negotiations. Meanwhile, I want to eliminate the excess rabble. Tonight, the Reapers will definitely enjoy a bountiful harvest. We need to be VERY mindful of collateral damage. The note that I received let me know where most of them are staying. I have allies inside that tavern, as do most of the Operatives, who will feed me intel on what is going on now that we have rattled a few cages in there. That should get me the rest of the locations. So tonight, we go hunting."

326/5912
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:01 pm

It sounded easy enough. The cleanest way to solve a problem was to make sure that you had equal footing to play on. Right now, they were at a disadvantage. By leveling the playing field, operations could continue to move forward rather smoothly. If he had the insider Intel on this situation, we could easily handle all of the extra work while focusing on the trade tomorrow. It made this entire job much easier. I had to give it to him, he could conduct field operations rather smoothly. I slightly felt bad for possibly complicating them, but I put it out of my mind immediately.
“so, we nab the kid, kill the support, and take out all excess enemies before tomorrow comes. This takes away their bargaining ability and strength while we are able to negate civilian damage. Trade for trade, and we can be kicked back on a beach by noon tomorrow. Sounds like a pretty solid plan to me.”
I would continue to follow him so that he could successfully report back to his superiors. That was something that I really didn’t want to interfere in, or get in the way of. Their methods for management in different medium’s was definitely different from our own, but it was something that had to be respected regardless. This was political, with me representing my entire people whether I wanted to or not.

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Nodding my head, he fully understood. That was definitely a plus about working with Ashurei. He was like me in the sense that he could comprehend and disect plans pretty quickly in order to find the objective. It would not take long to reach the Lord Captain's location. While never one to rush in without a plan, the Lord Captain is definitely a man of action and that is generally where u will find him. Training troops or sparring with them, he liked to engage his soldiers in physical exertion whenever possible. Walking inside the building, it might see strange that we just walk in even tho the guards are stopping and checking others wishing to enter. If Ashurei noticed, I would explain it as we are walking. Otherwise, I would remain silent on the matter. The funny thing is that if u walk around most places like you know exactly where you're going and like u belong, guards are less likely to stop you. That discovery bailed me out on one mission.

I hang back after making eye contact with the Lord Captain. He signals to head over to the northwest corner of the courtyard. I tell Ashurei, "I'll make this quick so that we can go get ready." When the Lord Captain arrives, I inform him of my plan and he asks if I am sure about its success and intened effect. I tell him that we have assessed this situation and this is the optimal plan to ensure the safety of the noble's nephew. The Lord Captain tells me that there can be no loose ends on this one. I nod to him in agreement & understanding. I knew what was at stake in all of this.

It would be time to go & get ready now. As we're leaving, I tell Ashurei, "We have 6 targets for elimination & one for capture. There are a couple more, but I will arrange for those issues to be handled. We want to capture our elimination targets if possible, so that we can interrogate them. If we can find out where the nephew is being held, this ends on much more desirable terms... them all captured or eliminated and yes, back on the beach to relax."

401/6313

Last edited by Kazatul on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:39 pm

I continued walking (yes, actually walking) next to him as we made our way towards the area previously visited. I ignored the guards, as they had no reason to approach me at all. While I did radiate a light glow, I tried to keep it as far in my control as possible to maintain a normal look. Looking up, I gazed at the sky. It was a beautiful, open sky. When Dravec departed for the northern part of the courtyard, a crackle of lightning would come from my location. The flash of light would be but an instant as I moved directly vertical. A piece of Intel that they didn’t have was probably a solid understanding of the land. It was completely different when you looked at it from up here. I felt bad that the void walker could only walk through the void, and not fly. Maybe I would have to teach him this skill someday. I would float there for a moment while looking down at the area below. The layout was easy to understand and keep in my mind. It would have been much easier to know where the noble boy was being held, I could have gone in, grabbed him, and flown off with little issue. That was, assuming there wasn’t anyone there when I got there. I had to remember to keep civilian life in my mind, and not level half the town while doing this. Another crack of lightning would appear as I moved myself back through the void, using lightning focused into one point as a marker to open and close it. The same flash of light would appear on the ground again, giving way to my body’s form as I landed. If he had any question to what, why, or how, I would simply reply..
“Sorry, had to check something.”
Turning with a smile, I followed him once again towards the exit. It seemed collateral damage was not allowed, and all hostiles must be eliminated or captured. Simple terms. Now all we needed was a location and we could get to work.

"sounds good, shall we begin?"

375/4437
+12 TEXP
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:55 pm

As we prepare to leave, my mind would wonder if I had just seen what I thought I saw him just do. If I had, I would be quite impressed, but verbally, it would not come up. Seeing no reason in delaying any further, I nod to him and tell him that I have a private meeting that I need to get to, so I tell him that he can enjoy the Keep for a couple of hours. "When the sun rests and the Moon sits atop the throne, I will find you. Whatever you do, do not return to the tavern. I don't want them to know that anything is going on. By all means, enjoy yourself while I'm gone." I would not say much else before I vanish from sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I figure his curiosity would keep him nice and occupied until it was time to begin. I needed to meet with a certain tavern owner. In order for this to run as smoothly as possible, it would need to be a coordinated and swift purge of the bandits. Upon reaching the tavern, I walk straight towards the back. I find him in the middle of a... private "performance review" with one of the barmaids, so I wait silently in the room. Their review concludes and I teleport back inside the room. He looks at me and sends her out.

I remain standing as I approach the desk. He asks if I got the information that I requested and I nod to him. "The boy will work for you I presume?" He nods and that transaction was officially concluded. Moving on to the next matter at hand, I tell him that I want to contract out some cleaning to be done tonight. He asks if it is pertaining to the list that I was given and I nod in confirmation. Most of our confirmations go like this. One asks a question and the answer is given via body language instead of verbally. It protects against potential eavesdropping. He asks if there are particular individuals that I want to employ for the matter and I nod to him. "Only neutralizers whom I have worked with before. I can't have any potential slip-ups. The Warden's son is mine as are the guards assigned directly to him. The rest are fair game and to the victor go the spoils. If they are able to interrogate the bandits to learn a positive location on the noble's son, I will reward them personally." The tavern owner nods to the terms and tells me that he'll see to its execution. I nod to him with a slight bow to express my gratitude before I turn to leave.

He stops me, "Dravec, hold up a sec. I have a matter that I need your help with." I look back at him to show that I was listening so he continues, "One of the mercenaries that I use from time to time was supposed to retrieve an item that was stolen from me. I wanted to get the item brought back quietly so that word never got out that anything was stolen from me, but now I would prefer that word got out that there are severe consequences if you are stupid enough to steal from me. Now I know that your style is generally clean and precision based, but I want a very clear message sent this time. I would like you to handle it for me. You will be compensated of course. I believe I have come across some information that you would find most beneficial." My left eyebrow arches and I nod to him. "After I have concluded with these negotiations for this young noble, we can discuss the specifics and I'll handle this... annoyance for you." I have a feeling that I will see if Ashurei wants to accompany me on this one. I have an idea for a clear message that could be sent.

Having struck an accord on all matters, I fade from sight and reappear in the shadows of the second floor of the tavern to prepare for tonight. I walk into the safe room that I keep here in the Keep in order to hide out or prepare. This is one of the first times I have actually taken a mission within the Keep, so it's always been a staging point, but I have a feeling that it might serve as a holding cell and/or an interrogation room. Lively taverns actually make decent interrogation rooms because the noise from the drunk and jolly patrons drown out the screams and such. Once I have everything ready, I would retrieve some food that didn't need to warm, two flagons each of the strongest wine and ales, bandages, two bowls of water, some warming stones, and salts & salves for first aid. Lastly, there are some curved blades that look like bird talons placed with everything else. I nod at the arrangement then turn my attention to the intel I had received on the Warden's son and where he would be. I needed a plan to capture him and eliminate his guards as quickly as possible, as it would be unfortunate if they were able to alert others. I'm sure Ashurei can assist in preventing that from happening. Speaking of him, I suppose I had better go ahead and find him now, so we can begin.

947/7260
OOC: You can skip the stuff under the ~~~~ if you want.
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:01 pm

So, I could basically do whatever I wanted as long as I didn’t go back to the tavern. That made things rather simple for me. I had an inclining that I wanted to explore a bit here anyway. Personally, this command center was rather nice. I would make a single step upwards, plant my foot on what would be the air, and then soar up to the top of it. Planting a firm footing there, I would look across the courtyard below, where the superior officer of Dravec had been. There was a large amount of interest kept in how he trains people. Perching there, I watched his methods. From what I could tell, he seemed to be the type to be fully involved with the training of those beneath him. I guess it made sense that you had to make sure those who were going to protect and serve were at their best. Pulling a small binder from the inside of my robe like coat, I open it to make a few notes. Time would quickly pass, and with that, my interest. It was late, and while I did not sustain myself on food from this realm, I was rather growing to enjoy it. I guess it was more of an infatuation with their edible culture than it was anything else.
Taking flight, I would raise up into the sky to watch the bright ball of light in the west descend across the land. It was a beautiful evening, and as I gazed up, I could see the remnants of the gate’s fragments. That would have to be something fixed later on. After all, that gate was the single most important piece of protection we had and the fact that it was still unfixed greatly bothered me. Right now, anyone could just fly right into our realm without being checked. Although we had spirits patrol that area, it wouldn’t be enough were we to suffer any kind of attack the scale of what happened previously. The scars of combat ravaged all of the realms, and that was something that was a definite fact.
The skies would be beautiful, and I would float there while resting. It really took no effort to fly, and I had to make a note to teach Dravec how to control his internal energy. Maybe I could even teach him the art of lightning. With the thought of Dravec I would instantly flip over to the ideas for later. What would happen if we were to become surrounded? I had to think about every type of scenario. After all, he was a human. I had to be able to protect him if necessary, and subdue the maximum amount of humans as possible. A sigh would come from my lips as I moved across the thoughts of a new type of technique. I would have to focus hard on it so that I could get it at multiple targets while at the same time subduing any collateral damage. It had to be big, flashy, and deliver a statement. For some reason, I really liked things that were big and flashy, and that left me usually a bit exhausted, but happy. If I could get people to surrender through sheer display of force, I could avoid unnecessary damages to both people and the area around them. After all, buildings were expensive and took time to make. I didn’t want to damage any of them either.
Without much time passing, the concept would be filled and the idea in my head. I knew what I wanted to do and how to do it, I just needed to practically apply it to a new situation.
“Ashurei.”
Turning my head, a familiar yet unwelcomed body would be there. Floating behind me in full armor, I turned my head back to the village below.
“you aren’t supposed to spend this much time down here.”
“They need us.”
“They need nothing. They survive without interference. When you are finished playing around, you are to return. That’s an order.”
“Understood.”
As fast as he had appeared, his presence would be gone. He also had the ability to teleport, and that was a frustrating thing. The single spirit who safeguarded our realm and made sure we didn’t get too attached to the land walkers was stern and by the book. If you failed to follow the laws of our society, you were exiled or executed. If he was noticing my extended absences in the heavens, this would become an issue fast. A sigh would leave my lips before I watched the last piece of the sun set across the distance. The light was fading fast, and soon it would be time to meet up with the Void walker and continue on our little adventure.

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:56 am

It wouldn't take long at all for me to be pulled into a dark alley. The barmaid from earlier would be the revealed culprit. She looks at me and tells me that the bandit boy is currently being tended to by one of her friends. I nod to her and she asks what I want to do now. My reply is soft spoken as I inform her, "First, I need to find the other male that was with me earlier. Once I've found him, we will proceed." She agrees and tells me that he was last seen eating at a nearby tavern. We make our way towards said tavern taking back alleys and the Void. I would wait outside while she remained in the shadows. After all, it would be bad if we were seen together outside of the tavern. The sun had retreated and oil lantern were being lit manually outside of evening establishments and by Keep patrols. Day shops were shutting down for the day. The taverns would begin getting their flood of after work "rush hour" traffic. It was time to begin. Hmm... yep, I decde to just walk in and have a little look around figuring that upon seeing him, I would just give him some form of a signal then walk outside to wait for him again.

227/7487

Last edited by Kazatul on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:56 pm

I was rather irate about the entire situation that unfolded in such a short amount of time. Forcing myself to calm down, I entered a random tavern that I had come across. The smells of this culture were massively different from the smells of the land to the north. Hopefully there was nothing that I should worry about. I could vividly remember the first time I had consumed food in this realm. The green stuff that nearly caused me to level a small village was fresh in my mind. Bowing slightly to the lady at the entrance, she would escort me to a seat while speaking about how nice it was to have a priest here. Why did everyone think I was some religious figure? While I did consider myself an angelic being that should help them, I was not someone who communicated with me kind. After all, I was one of my kind and that led me to a slight paradox of thought. Oh well. Taking a light seat in the corner, I would order fresh bread with water. It was simple, and the smell of bread kept me entertained. Why? No clue really, but it did.
“Thank you.”
The words would be soft, gentle, and filled with respect, something the girl rarely ever received. I would have to come back, and take her from this place when I established my stronghold down here. This realm needed assistance; it needed guardians and a pathway to proper salvation. That was something my kind could do. I would look up when the void walker entered. While there would be no actual verbal contact, I knew what time it was. After he departed, I would lightly stand before casually walking out of the Tavern. It was time.

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Stepping back outside, the shadows had overrun the Keep. Illumination would be provided by lantern and scantly by the moon itself. A voice whispers to me from the shadows of the alleyway, "One crow has already began its journey." I nod faintly before commenting, "That was fast. You remember what to do, right?" She tells me that I worry too much. It was my job to do just that. Still, there was no point in going over it now. As soon as Ashurei exited the tavern, he would catch a whiff of a subtle yet sweet to the nose scent before he flew away riding on the wings of a cool breeze. A question would be posed from me to him, "Did u enjoy ur respite?"

Meanwhile, the bandits find themselves being picked off quickly. Even some that u would probably never know were bandits are being eliminated or drugged and captured. The interrogation methods range from simple manipulative conversation to full blown torture. I didn't give a damn how they did it, I just want it done. They would indeed receive a fine reward upon bringing me the loation of the noble captive. The young bandit would be at a tavern with a couple of barmaids who were kept him drunk & passionately distracted.

236/7723

Last edited by Kazatul on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:42 pm

“It was rather appetizing.”
That would be the only opinion I had on the subject. We had a job to do, and I could now assume it was time to do that. He had verified being here, and that meant one thing. While I was wondering whether or not they had already begun, I figured it was safe to assume that it had. Their methods were unknown to me and even though I preferred to do it in a more up front, honorable way, I had to respect his methods.
“I believe it is night. Have you adequately prepared for your objective?”

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 5:54 pm

With a grin, I nod to Ashurei. "Everything is underway. We are heading for a tavern in the northern district of the Keep to find the young bandit who will serve as our counter leverage. My colleagues will be working to extract information from their targets in order to find the young noble. The bandit captive won't be hurt so long as he is cooperative, but my objectives are clear and I will see all of them eliminated if necessary. I just want to make sure that we are clear on that." I already knew that we were, but at times, Ashurei seems to value life more than one in my position would. My focus contends to remain set on successful results.

The walk to the north tavern would not take long. Normally I would teleport, but with the sensitivity of this entire operation, I figure it is better to bring no suspicion to us. That is until we reach the tavern at least. Upon reaching our destination, the barmaid operative would be waiting for us. She emerges from the shadows and whispers to me, but audible enough for Ashurei to hear as well, "That room there (pointing at the 3rd window from our position) is where the boy is. He is not quite drunk, but he is plenty distracted. I suspect this will simply be a snatch and run?" Make sure no one is in the two rooms next to mine. Give them a bottle of wine on my credit for all I care, just make sure they are gone and that the bards are entertaining the crowd all night. Also, drug the wenches upstairs. No point in them getting hurt for being useful." The female operative nods to me and tells me that there is a guard outside of the door. I glance over to Ashurei and nod to him. "You two head inside like an intoxicated young man with a lady companion. Eliminate the guard and carry his body down the hall. She'll slip into the room to deal with the wenches and I'll get the target. Then bring Ashurei to my room at the tavern. I am curious to observe how one of the Sky People perform an interrogation." I would wait to address any concerns or questions about the plan before vanishing from sight.

417/8140
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Staying on the ground, I would follow him forward towards the keep. I was curious to why we didn’t fly, but it was apparent that stealth was necessary here. As we reached the last tavern, an interesting lady would appear. Listening to their conversation, I kept my eyes on the room above. Three windows over from our position was the target. Taking careful consideration for the surrounding areas, I thought back to my time above. The layout of this particular settlement was still fresh in my mind. Hearing that his plan involved me escorting a young drunk girl, I decided to negate myself from his plan. He had shown interest in how we operated our own plans. All we needed here was to get this human and get out. No reason to deal with all of the collateral damages if we could avoid them altogether.
“It’s difficult to keep from crushing an ant when you step on it.. I’ll be right back.”
A flash of lightning would appear from my position whereas my body would immediately disappear. If the void walker had noticed it early, this would give him a firm confirmation that I had indeed learned to walk the void in my own way. Another flash of light would appear in the room of the young bandit’s room. The light would probably be slightly blinding to anyone who was intoxicated. Those outside would also see the blue flash that came through the window. Standing on the ceiling, upside down, my right arm would extend towards him.
“Static fist.”
The blue sizzle would be caused by negative electrons being pressed upwards across my arm. Descending upon the boy, my right arm would wrap across his neck, and the energy would be thrust into his body. The result was a simple matter of anatomy and physics. With that disruption, his muscles would seize and he would be rendered unable to move. Where a body would normally keel over to the floor, I would be there to catch him. A quick toss over my shoulder and I would lift off the ground, opening the window and dropping directly over to the alley while hoping that no one had seen what had just transpired.

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:38 pm

His words did not quite make sense to me, so I ponder on them. This distracts long enough to prevent me from attempting to stop his teleportation. He truly is a quick study. Doesn't quite follow plans all that well, but I could adjust from this. Looking at the female operative, I tell her, "Take Ashurei to my room with the bandit. Keep them out of sight as best as possible until I arrive. The back alley will work just fine. I just figured out a way to hurt the boy without harming the boy at all or perhaps a means of extracting the intel I need by hurting the boy as much as possible. I'll also deal with the wenches. Just make sure to clear the adjacent rooms." She nods to me. I walk inside the tavern and the bouncer looks at me. I walk up the stairs casually before I look directly at the bandit guarding the door and speak a single word, "Shimmer." My form fades from sight moving forward towards the door. His image fades as well as the spatial energy surrounds him. If someone is sober, they would be quite confused, but to most of the inebriated patrons of the tavern, it would seem like we went inside the room, which we did.

Once inside tho, the disoriented and confused bandit would hear one more command before he heard nothing else... "Don't move." I leave him standing where he is while I walk over to the bar wenches. "I don't suggest ever telling anyone that you saw me." With that piece of advice, I would use a weakened version of my power, Blackout, so that it would not hurt them, but they would be rendered unconscious one after the other. They would be disoriented and such when they wake up later so that it feels like they were drugged and they would know that they had encountered an assassin or operative, so it would be in their best interest to simply act as if they never saw anyone. I would keep the door locked to cover the kidnapping.

With that little matter handled now, I would teleport the bandit guard and myself outside. Ashurei and the female operative should actually be ahead of me at the moment, tho I would drag this one thru the void with me as I quickly make my way thru distant shadows towards my private room in my ally's tavern in the western district of the Keep. Ashurei and I should arrive around the same time or a minute after he and our primary prisoner arrive.

469/8609
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:51 pm

I didn’t really pay much attention to things until the bar lady turned and started to move. Taking flight after her, I kept my body a few inches off the ground while moving. At this pace, I could keep up with her with little effort or worry. I had hoped that I was not interfering with the plans of Dravec, but his original course of action was far too complicated and had room for error. This way, it was handled swiftly, with no casualties or collateral. The room for error was minuscule at best, and had been completed in full capacity. As we neared the tavern, I would bring my eyes to the other one again. It had been apparent that he was returning unscathed, and must have achieved his side objectives flawlessly.
“I believe this thing belongs to you.”
Taking the boy from my right shoulder, I would casually toss him to the ground in front of Dravec. Closing the door behind me, I locked it as normal senses would dictate. Now that I wasn’t funneling electricity into his body, he should be able to regain his movement capacity and be of some proper use.
“I hope your affairs were taken care of properly..”

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:46 pm

The guard is bound at both feet and hands as is the young bandit. Once they are both secure and far enough away from one another, I would address the inquisitive comment, "Your deviation simply switched our roles. The reason for what was to be your role was to divert attention of any of their contacts or cohorts who might have been in the tavern watching from within the general patrons. The guard is an obvious show of force, but I'm more concerned with the subtle ones. If someone goes to check on that room, it could be discovered that this one is missing. That could pose a problem if my colleagues don't remove all of this vermin before dawn. Do the Sky People not engage in these manners of deception and espionage? Not even against the Dark Ones that you have told me about?" The guard would begin to gain feeling back in his body. In order to aid in that process, I would back him across the face. "Did you feel that?" The angered look in his eyes already answered that. He threatens to kill me if he gets free. What he wouldn't notice is that his arms are still paralyzed. I only needed his head to be normal for me to talk to him. I would begin, "Relax, I would actually like to resolve this matter without either of you being hurt. So which of you is willing to hold a conversation and answer some of my questions?"

269/8878
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:52 pm

I would stand there with my arms crossed while listening to him. He had an interesting perspective on it, but it was completely skewed by the society that he existed in. I would have to catch him up on how things were up there compared to down here. The other matter at hand was the simple fact that we still believed the land walkers were beneath us. This extended to their sociologic structure and base strength of capability. It wasn’t that they were inferior than us, just that they weren’t as refined as we were in these categories. I would sigh while explaining how we dealt with the dark ones.
“The dark ones are corrupt beings who surrender their right to exist. Corruption, anger, hatred, these dark feelings do not exist, they cannot exist in our world. When a dark one is discovered, he is removed from existence immediately. Same thing will happen down here. “
I would take a look at both newcomers as they regained cognitive thought and consciousness. I had no intention of letting either of them out of here until we completed our objective. The time had escaped me, and although I was curious about the interrogation methods of the void walker, I was not particularly interested in them directly. Only the results would matter. If I had to get answers myself, I would electrocute the target until he gave me what I wanted to know.
“After all, whether you wipe one piece of dust or two from your shoulder, it’s just dust.”

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:27 pm

The answer that I received forces me into silent restraint for a moment (the gap in time between our exchange and my actions towards the bandits). Now, I had no favorable or unfavorable relations with these dark ones but the sheer eradication of someone simply for being adverse to your beliefs seemed wrong and prejudicial. There typically wasn't a real prejudice here in this realm from what I have seen. Sure the powerful tend to look down on the weaker people whom they subjugate to their will, but that wasn't the same thing as I hear from Ashurei. It also seemed foolish to annihilate them in such fashion. What if they have no desire to remain considered a dark one? What if they are at odds with the others and they can provide you information in exchange for asylum and/or assimilation. I would not voice these differences of opinions aloud for two very simple yet important reasons. The first is that I do not have all the facts about this situation. There must be deeper or obscure facts that I have not learned yet. His hatred of the dark ones might not reflect everyone's view of them. The second and currently more important reason is that now is simply not a good time. The primary objective of my mission must come first. Besides, Ashurei and I frequently have conversations like this one comparing and exploring the differences between our realms.

So with my attention focused back on the prisoners, I receive no response. Looking at the guard, I tell him very coldly and plainly, "Let's get right to the point. I only care about one thing in all of this. I want the location of the noble boy your gang is holding prisoner. I already know that he is the son of your warden. As such, harm... or death... *(pause for dramatic effect)* coming to him will bring about a very slow and painful death for you. Many of your brethren are being captured and killed tonight. The blame for the noble's escape can be blamed on any of them. Dead men can't defend themselves. He'll be alive, so he won't betray you and I don't actually care enough about you to betray you. So why not help one another out?" He tells me that he would rather die than betray his gang. I smile at him, "I don't think you're understanding me. Ashurei, let's see how the Warden's spawn enjoys lightning, but just a little bit."

467/9345
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:04 pm

I had high hopes that this would go rather smoothly. I would keep myself off to the side where I would lean against the wall and cross my arms. The interrogation would be smooth, but I pondered whether or not the void walking land man was capable of comprehending the sociologic structure of my home realm. We were different from down here. United across our entire realm, we had one course of action, and one system of law. If you stepped out of line, you were punished. This kept everyone in line on all levels.
“The warden’s spawn…”
Without wasting much energy, my right arm would unfold itself before my fingers curled into a fist. Rather casually, an index finger would lightly extend as I exhaled. I could tell there was a slight look of curious hesitation in the eyes of the boy. Whether he was unsure of what was coming, or was curious that a being could control lightning I did not know. What I did know was that I was going to electrocute him. Lightly toasted.
“lightning is of great use, especially practically.”
A light glow would form before a small bolt of electricity would jump across the room to the body of restrained boy. I was unsure whether they had seen anything like that, and although I wanted to keep my abilities to a minimal usage, it may become necessary to get the information that we need. Inhaling would give me a light reload before a quick exhale caused another bolt, slightly stronger to erupt. This one was more concentrated, even though the bolt size was nearly identical to the last.

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:21 pm

The son of the warden definitely was not prepared for what was about to happen. The guard even thought I was crazy. Well until Ashurei used an unexerting amount of force to get his point across. When the first bolt hits him, the boy cringes as the small jolt of electric energy hits him. The guard is visibly concerned but doesn't want to lose his defiance to me so quickly. I could commend that, but I was in no mood to have this last longer than absolutely necessary. The second bolt of energy cause more than a cringe. As the surge of electricity rushes thru his body, his nerves are overloadeded, his brain can't really decipher. How to handle the pulse or propery send messages to the rest of the bod. The boy grits his teeth to prevent himself from screaming out in pain. That would not last for long.

I look at the young man that has just been lightly electrocuted. I would address him next, "Perhaps u wish to speak. Consider ur own survivability. One of you is going to suffer quite a bit, so the choice is simple. Cooperate or..." I look over at Ashurei and gesture towards the bandit guard this time. "His turn."

225/9570

OOC: Ash, go ahead and take over the guard's responses.

Last edited by Kazatul on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
Ashurei

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 pm

I would fold my arms back where they had originally been. I worried about whether or not a simple land walker could withstand lightning. After all, it was extremely difficult for even me to control it sometimes. Directing energy across such a short space without the intent to kill was also proving to be an issue. Casually, I would bring my eyes over to the bodyguard, who until this point had stood by his own reserved will. He had been battle hardened more than the young boy. His resilience to torture was higher. What was he going to do? Sit and watch the young warden’s spawn be electrocuted, or do something about it. I assumed that Dravec knew which target was easier to get information out of. The young boy might not know anything at all. All we were doing was using him as a counter measure.
~~~~~
The guard was rather disturbed by what he had seen. Whether or not it bordered on the absurd insanity line was still to be determined. What was determined was the fact that these two were not dicking around. “And if we tell you where he is, there is no guarantee for the survival of either of us. I know how bandits work, and you’re no different. The second you get what you want you will terminate the evidence.”
~~~~~
Great. What is the point in interrogating if they gave us all of the answers in the first place? I would look over to Dravec while wondering if it was okay to bug zap him. Maybe if he knew what it felt like he would be more inclined to cooperate.

Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
Kazatul

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:35 pm

I nod to Ashurei to zap the guard. Pain was quite a motivator. Let the guard understand what the boy is being forced to endure. The younger bandit would look on in shock that we seem to have no problem whatsoever in inflicting pain. I figure it is time to show them just how true that is. I walk over to the gathering of interrogation tools and pick up one of the talons. I walk over to the young bandit and speak softly with a very creepy calm tone. It would sound like this is a normal affair to me. I use the talon to rip thru the shirt of the warden's son. I drag it along his flesh lightly as well so that I could be sure that it drew a small amount of blood, but more importantly, stung like hell since all of the sweat from his prior activities had not completely dried yet.

I would address the guard. "You see, that is where you are quite wrong. I am nothing like you. You captured a weakling and held him for ransom. The noble boy is all the leverage that you have, so u need to keep him alive. That boy does not possess such a luxury. While I can kill both of you without blinking an eye that is not a beneficial outcome for either of us. Here is the ideal outcome. We go with my plan of you tell me what I want to know and you live having saved the warden's son. You return empty-handed as far as a ransom goes, but ur alive. From time to time, I will pay you for information that can benefit a mission that I may be undertaking at a given moment. You profit, I profit, and your warden's son benefits b/c he will get to keep going on missions that he has no business on." I look to Ashurei for him to electrocute the warden's son again. I guess I should go ahead and admit that I'm kind of enjoying watching him electrocute people.

"Now, let me make something clear just in case you're thinking about giving me false intel. You will remain captive until the noble's boy is safe and back with his family. Then I'll release you and I can be back on the beach by noon tomorrow. I give you my word that I will not harm either of you. You may think that you can handle my interrogation because I am trying to benefit everyone at the moment, but this moment is about over, so decide."

The somewhat humorous fact is that this is indeed how I have developed and cultivated some of my more valuable information sources. I let them live and provide them with items that they need and they provide me with my most valuable commodity, reliable, quality intel.

498/10068
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]   Troublesome Negotiations [Desert] Empty

Back to top Go down

Troublesome Negotiations [Desert]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next