Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The land of sand *

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

Rep! : 3

The land of sand * Empty
PostSubject: The land of sand *   The land of sand * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:49 pm

The land of sand * Tdues1

. The land of sand .
Theme: Kheshatta

The wind whistled across the dunes and the waves at the shore slowly pushes their way up on the endless sandy beach. His dark eyes eyed the shore in both directions as his feet sank lightly into the wet sand as he walked away from the massive ship, which unfortunately had been hit by a storm and hit the beach before tipping over on its side. With a single glance backwards he would release a sigh and slowly make his way up the beach. The wing around him whistled its tune as it blew overhead and into the desert, moving large quantities of sand further into the lands, creating a completely new terrain, making it almost impossible for anyone to create a permanent map of such an environment, compared to what one could do with a mountain or a plain. In the sand behind Deus, there was a single trail of footprints, the ship was silent and the only sound within miles where the waves and wind. If one was to go to the ship, one would discover that its entire crew were dead, hit by something that could remind of a plague. Deus held his eyes and head high as he approached the mountainous dune of sand which towered over him. At its top, small wisps of sand could be seen from the winds blowing between the mountains of sand of this arid and hostile land. His dark silhouette was visible from miles away as his dark purple and black garment stood in stark contrast to the golden sand. His face was covered by a tegelmust, a scarf wrapped around his head and face, causing only his two black orbs to almost shine through into the sun outside. His hands were covered by his long sleeves and a pair of thin desert cotton gloves, causing the only skin on his body to show to be the eyes. Upon reaching the dune, he would begin to climb, slowly snaking his way to the top, where he would stop and look at the scenery. In the horizon to the North West, he could see the sand slowly give way to grass and in the south he could see dune as far as the horizon could go. Closing his eyes, he could hear the wind brush through his clothes and the complete silence of the desert.

Experience Points: 415
Total Exp: 415
Other Gains: +1 TEXP
Thread Gains: +1 TEXP [07.6]
The land of sand * Tdues3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

The land of sand * Empty
PostSubject: Re: The land of sand *   The land of sand * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Among the various secrets of this world existed such a creature, Onikonjou by nature, referred to as a Sand Gargwin that roamed the lands of the desert shrouded by dark myth and lore.

Unnoticed in the mid distance towards the west a scene would play out that should be effective enough to catch Deus’s attention. There is an explosion of sand that sends a column of sand into the air. From the lifted sand emerged a large creature wielding multiple weapons in many hands. This creature stood at least twenty feet in the air towering above a smaller figure that was of an aged woman in a rustic colorful flowing ruffled dressed. The woman’s hair would be wrapped in a veil of various colors consisting of gold and purple. Clusters of metallic bangles would adorn her wrists with layered beaded necklaces wrapped about her neck and a row of jewels arching along parallel her eyebrows on her forehead. There would be a dark aura of energy around this woman as he body slide back inches above the desert sand in retreat from the large monster. It would be around that time that the creature noticed Deus in the distance, but would regard his presence as if he were on squirrel or something to that effect. Returning his attention to the old woman who seemed much like a traditional gypsy, the creature would draw an arrow within its bow back with two of its arms and take aim before firing the forced projectile at the woman. The gypsy woman sung as she lifted a hand in a dance like gesture and a lion of sand and darkness leapt from the earth below and absorbed the arrow before falling into the sand and vanishing.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

The land of sand * Empty
PostSubject: Re: The land of sand *   The land of sand * EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:45 pm

The land of sand * Tdues1

. The land of sand .

The scene put Deus into high gear regard his mind as he began to calculate the risk and benefits of intervening and at the current time, the benefits were greater than the risks. Not in a hurry would he begin to walk towards the little ‘duel’ between the two, his mind playing through obvious facts, such as the suns placement, temperature, type of sand and dune locations and whatever would come to mind on the fast approaching battle. The distance between the two and Deus would be greatly decreased within a minute and soon Deus would be within range where he would be able to use some of his spells to ‘defend’ the woman like figure, which to him seemed to be holding her ground considerably well when looking at her foe. Coming within hearing range of them both, he would stop and his hands would meet in two outstretched palms in front of his chest, his voice would be loud, like he was not from this world and an aura around him would be visible in the form of a blackish purple heat. “Thou shield might protect from the man, but nothing protects against the plague!” his voice would rumble as a sudden blackish green mist would begin to seep out form the sand underneath the beast. It would almost immediately rise and show its immediate effect upon its flesh. At first it would look like the skin began to dry out, causing the skin to lose its colour and turn grey.

Experience Points: 275
Total Exp: 690
Thread Gains: +1 TEXP [07.6]
The land of sand * Tdues3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

The land of sand * Empty
PostSubject: Re: The land of sand *   The land of sand * EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Though she seemed to be holding her own against the larger creature, the woman was being steadily pushed back. After the first arrow, one of the creature’s swords slashes, sending a wave of sonic force towards the woman. He twirls, lifting her arms above her head with her song as she presses her palms out in front of her creating a barrier to block the force of the attack. The force of the attack lifts an explosion of sand and pushes her back some, causing her to slide away from the attack yet again. Her attention is garnered as she views Deus from the corner of her eye. She almost calls out to him to watch out and not be foolish enough to enter such a dangerous fight. To her surprised, Deus is able to project some type of magic to the beast, catching it off guard. The beast halts in his assault for the time being as it looks over his body, noting the magic that was affecting his skin before looking up and seeing Deus. The beast’s powerful aura combats against the spell, but since Deus had targeted him, he begins to bound in the male dark mage’s direction with weapons raised. The older woman calls out to Deus, “Watch out! Flee from here, you fool!”

Spoiler:
235 / 585
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

The land of sand * Empty
PostSubject: Re: The land of sand *   The land of sand * EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:57 pm

The land of sand * Des1

. The land of sand .

Upon seeing the beast charging towards himself, Deus continued holding his stance like nothing was about to happen. With this face hidden behind a thin veil of black cotton, the only thing the beast would be able to see of his real body was the eyes, which, if the beast had paid attention to him as it charged in pure white rage was that the color had changed. As the best closes the gap between the two, Deus is still keeping his stance, his eyes locking onto the beast as it continues to charge towards him. With the distance decreasing rapidly Deus’s lips would slowly move and form words. “I see you” he would say in a voice so dark and cold that it would have been able to even make the dead twist. At first, nothing would appear to be happening, but the beast would feel it. A strange feeling would begin to creep up its spine and from there a sudden fear as well as a weakness like feeling would spread to its body. Knees would be the first thing to give way to the weakness, followed by the hands initially dropping its weapons to the sand as it would tumble over its own weakening legs. The feeling the beast would have would be one similar to be extremely exhausted, scared and drained of all energy which, in Deus’s experience would topple any man.

Experience Points: 253
Total Exp: 943
Thread Gains: +2 TEXP [07.6, 10.6]
The land of sand * Des3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

The land of sand * Empty
PostSubject: Re: The land of sand *   The land of sand * EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:57 pm

In reality, things wouldn’t progress as the dark mage had imagined them to, as surely such a large creature as that would have an aegis stat, the thing that breaks binds, of low or greater. The oppressor’s gaze would not have the power needed to perform such an action being a low level bind; the creature would have magic defenses of strong allowing him to easily break such a bind even if a minimal stun was affected onto him. Fortunately for the novice magician, he had help; the older woman would be able to fore see the attack’s affect as a mage of higher caliber. Though she stretches her energy out to him, she does acknowledge the confidence, courage and potential that Deus possessed. Using her magical strength, she intensifies his bind and combines it with one of her own for a temporary collaborative technique. This is the technique that performs the actions as previously described.

Having fallen to the ground, the creature would begin to get a hold of itself after the effects of the spell. Due to the fact that the spell wasn’t a mode type, the effects wouldn’t linger on it past its initial casting. But since it was down and recomposing, the older female mage would be able to cast a greater spell now given the time to perform its incantation. Spinning in a song, she stretches out her arms and then finishes with a pose as the channeling is completed and from an aerial view it would look almost as if the desert sand under the large creature grew eyes and a jagged mouth. The sand and void based area of effect spell would create a large ‘mummy’s face’ that would pull violently and roar out of the sand beneath the multi armed creature. Its massive mouth would open and engulf the large many armed creature, pulling him into the deep desert abyss and trapping him into another realm beneath the sand’s surface.

After a moment, the sand would smooth out and it would be left as if nothing were there. A bit winded from the technique, the older woman takes a moment to catch her breath and smooth out her dress. Her body flickers and she teleports in a flash of darkness to the area right in front of the frightful looking male. She scolds him, “you are a mage, did you not know the strength of your own spell? You acted as if its strength was not that of an acolyte!”

418 / 1003
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

The land of sand * Empty
PostSubject: Re: The land of sand *   The land of sand * EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:44 am

The land of sand * Des1

. The land of sand .

Deus would simply look at the female, his voice silent as the desert itself for without the wind. “It is not the strength of anything that matters; it is simply its usage at the right time and at the right place. Also, why act like the technique is the one of an acolyte, when one can make ones opponent believe it’s stronger?” He would ask as he looks over the female, studying her as if she was a statue of an ancient god or something similar. After having looked her over he would turn his direction towards one of the larger sand dunes next to where they were standing. “Hard to see anything down her, should we go higher up?” he would enquire as he began to walk towards the dune. Within his mind he was thinking back over the little confrontation that had just come to a conclusion and it’s immediate after math. The old woman was strong, stronger than him, especially on the level of spells – and she could warp. Reaching the ‘base’ of the dune, he would stop for a short second and see if the old woman was following or not, if not he would simply just continue up the slope until he would reach the top. If she decided to follow and accompany him to the top with the natural way of walking, he would let her reach his side before he would turn to her. “Pardon me if I am rude to ask, but you wouldn’t happen to be a dark mage?” he would ask as he would walk with her, if she decided to join him.

Experience Points: 281
Total Exp: 1224
Thread Gains: +3 TEXP [07.6, 10.6][2x thread 11.6]
The land of sand * Des3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

The land of sand * Empty
PostSubject: Re: The land of sand *   The land of sand * EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:15 pm

The woman seems dissatisfied with the answer, questioning, “that may be so if the opponent could see the technique…” From his first few words, she is able to gauge a bit into his personality to see what interacting with him would be like. She was weary of this stranger in his intent on assisting her, but was put at ease by her ability to feel his current abilities. When he asked her to move with him, she gives him an odd look and informs, “I do not have the leisure of time to rest in the middle of the desert.” After he stopped to see if she were following, she would reluctantly oblige, curious as to what he wanted. After reaching him and the question comes, she understands the question and treats it as if it were petty, answering in the tone of a sage while readjusting the veil like length of cloth that tied around her hair atop her head, “I am a mage of many facets. Darkness is but one of the elements that I control. I assume you ask this because you are studying the dark arts?” The longer she stood outside of battle, the more fair and vibrant her skin became, almost as if she were getting younger before his eyes. Now closer, there would be an odd semi circular symbol near her collarbone, but it would be half covered by the top portion of her garments.

256 / 1259
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

The land of sand * Empty
PostSubject: Re: The land of sand *   The land of sand * EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:42 pm

The land of sand * Des1

. The land of sand .

With his gaze fixed on the horizon and the everlasting dune of sand he would reply to her enquire about his study. “One could say, among other arts and studies” He didn’t have to look at her to know that she was powerful, as her aura gave that away, though when he did give her a quick glance he became curious as to how or rather why she seemed to age in the wrong direction – turning younger instead of older and it was then he would see the top of what looked to be a tattoo or mark of some sort. This in hand raised a series of new questions within his mind, though as the situation stood he decided not to open his mouth and ask, at least not until they had gotten to know each other – if that would ever happen. “Time won’t go away, it will continue in its path as it have done for centuries and will continue following that same path for a few more centuries. If you take yourself the time to think, relax and look… You will see the beauty in all things, even in this scorched land” he said as he pointed out over the desert as he would turn towards her. “What is so of the essence that you can’t even admire the beauty of silence?” he would as he removed he veil that had previously covered his face, showing the woman his grayish skin along with the tattoos and marks.

Experience Points: 256
Total Exp: 1480
Thread Gains: +4 TEXP [07.6, 10.6, 12.6][2x thread 11.6]
The land of sand * Des3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

The land of sand * Empty
PostSubject: Re: The land of sand *   The land of sand * EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:19 pm

The womanly sage would return, “the grass is always greener on the other side. One look at you tells me you’re from that other side looking at a place I’ve called home since The Dawning. There’s nothing more to see and appreciated that I haven’t since my existence formed consciousness.” She continues, now with her anti aging stopping around the age of 25 years as she comments, “idling about is the practice of the lazy. It’s an excuse to be less efficient than you possibly can be. Progression comes though work and practice, not break. As you say, time continue to flow it’s course, so when you’ve missed a span of time in an idle stupor, you forever miss the opportunity to be productive in that time. As something that can be done passively while performing another thing, I can enjoy my surroundings in movement or performing of my next task. Perhaps the difference between my growth in the magical arts and yours is our difference in how time is regarded.” She concludes, “but I do believe I would like to speak with you more… something that can be done on the way back to my village where I have purpose. There is nothing around you for many miles, save for bandits, beasts and traps. The closest village would be mien. I have no idea why you have come to this area on your own accord, but I will offer for you to come with me to my village. Will you come or stay?”

278 / 1537
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

The land of sand * Empty
PostSubject: Re: The land of sand *   The land of sand * EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:21 am

The land of sand * Des1

. The land of sand .

Deus would still be looking at her with his cliff like gaze as she spoke. She had a point when the time could be spent somewhere else, but then again, there was more to life than just growing stronger which eventually would give you a new life, where either you were a wanted person and always had people coming at you from all the layers of society or you could be a person of significance and be needed for all sorts of things, making the time one could spend on oneself decreased to the amount of nonexistence. “They the feeling is mutual” he would answer her statement about her wanting to talk with him a little more. Deus saw his as an opportunity to learn even more, not only about this land, but also about her as a mage, maybe even absorb some of the knowledge this woman seem to possess. “I would very much like to join you on your travel back to your home. I am in need of supplies as well as the basic needs of nutrition.” He said he would wait for her to begin walk in whatever direction her village was.

Experience Points: 204
Total Exp: 1684
Thread Gains: +4 TEXP [07.6, 10.6, 12.6][2x thread 11.6]
The land of sand * Des3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

The land of sand * Empty
PostSubject: Re: The land of sand *   The land of sand * EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:41 am

She looks over him with an eyebrow raised and makes the comment, “despite your appearance, you seem to have manners… that is a good trait.” Though his tone of voice seemed to match his appearance, he didn’t come off as ‘evil’ in the since of the word. She felt that either he was just intimidating or was hiding his true self from her for the moment. Either way, she would shift her gaze to the side as she holds out her hands and murmurs a melody of the arcane that creates a ripple in the sand. She continues, “because you helped me against that abomination, I will help you with supplies and see to it that you receive some type of nourishment.” She motions to the rippling sand and speaks, “enter after me.” She walks to the area that was rippling and then steps into it. Her body glows, breaks down into sand particles and vanishes in a flash of light at the base of the rippling. It would seem like some type of elemental warping availability that might have void properties as well. If he were to step into that area of sand, it would perform a similar action to him before returning to normal. She would await him in the center of a small village. There would be about twenty or so buildings in this village and most would be one story rectangles with open air windows and cloth hangings to serve as door and entry ways. Hardened dirt paths, pounded down by the wheels of trade carts would make up the defined main straight through the center of the village. The village would be centered around a central well, as made sense seeing as a village probably would not be able to survive out here without water. It was a simple village that bred domestic animals with a few large horned desert sheep, ostriches, camels and antelopes fenced in behind various yards. Children wrapped in shawls would run about and play in this village with the older villagers moving around, socializing and performing routine work.
386 / 1923
Exit - Sending to UYB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The land of sand * Empty
PostSubject: Re: The land of sand *   The land of sand * Empty

Back to top Go down

The land of sand *
Page 1 of 1