Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Stop Before Leaving *

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

Rep! : 56

A Stop Before Leaving * Empty
PostSubject: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:02 pm

It was the next day after the bar fight occurred that marked the meeting between myself and an interesting mage. The meeting ended in a rowdy bar fight at the place claiming to be the best bar in town, and with the start of the fight, it had initiated a flight response from both myself and the mage. After that fiasco, we both would have thing to attend to, but having left a good impression on me, the mage would be added to the list of people that I would probably remember and recognize in the future if I ever were to cross paths with them.

With that said, I would be walking south of the city in my final day on the coastal regions. Soon I would leave here to resume my traveling in the direction of the desert regions, but before I went to do that, I would be on my way to the house that I had previously lived in so many years long ago. With that, I could be seen walking towards the southern town gates with my traveling bag on my shoulder, my sword on my back with my clothing covered by a tan traveling cape.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 206

Last edited by aѕceпxion on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

Rep! : 3

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:34 pm

A Stop Before Leaving * Tdues1

. A Stop Before Leaving .

Being the early bird as he was, Deus was up even before the sun rose to the sky. His black figure could be seen wandering about the square and the walls as he chanted to himself in a language few would be able to grasp by just listening. The thin mist that had seeped into the city over night gave it all a mystic feel as people were just about to awake as well as the dead silence of the town at an hour this early. The few that were outside quickly noticed the echoes of Deus’s chanting through the mist and once they would see his black figure walk about the narrow streets and walls, the voices of those awake quickly spread. “There’s a ghost” “no no, that’s not a ghost, it’s a demon!” “sush, it’s the ferryman” the guards bickered in almost un-adioable. Deus on the other hand was busier with his chanting and search of wisdom in all forms to even notice the petrified guards as he passed them, carefully swinging his black pendant back and forth with his chanting. Reaching the gate house, his eyes would spot a figure he had seen the previous day, in the bar that had turned into a perfect resemblance of chaos and war. His shadowy figure would slowly descend the stairs and exit just as the kid passed by. Walking out behind the kid, Deus would stop his chanting and look at him as he walked. “You seek your future, but will not think of it as your mind has been blinded by revenge” he would say as he began to walk towards the kid, which by now had probably stopped as the voice was coming from behind him. “The future can’t change the past and in the past there are choices one have to take which will decide who you are… or who you aren’t” he went on, this time waiting for a reaction from the kid.

Experience Points: 343
Total Exp: 343
Other Gains: +1 TEXP
Thread Gains: +1 TEXP[2x threads,29.5]
A Stop Before Leaving * Tdues3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptySun May 29, 2011 5:11 pm

In my walking, I pause hearing something that may have been directed at me. The voice is familiar and coaxes me to turn around as my gaze comes to set upon the dark male who I had met the previously day at the bar. Think of the devil and he shall arrive. A blank glance is on my face as the words come to me as it takes me a while to visually welcome the chance meeting of someone I remembered in this place. It would be visually apparent on my visage that I would have been previously in thought and of somber mode. Since being transparent was a trait that I did not like, I would shift my appearance to attempt to hide anything that had been bothering me as my confident attitude often did. Still, this would not be the situation for my normal cocky smile. I would meet him with a neutral face of recognition.

I would wait on his approach as he continued towards me. Accepting his words, I give a slight nod as I counter getting a little deeper than my generally shallow appearance with, “this land of Mare Maris has a person who rules it and laws that the citizens must abide by… it’s unlike many of the other places in this land, but I do know this. If you steal, you’ll be held accountable. You won’t be able to say that being punished for what you stole won’t bring it back; that isn’t the point. The point is when you do something wrong, you have to answer for it in order for justice to be served. I hear your words and many say things of a similar nature, but unless you’re me, I can’t fully take that to heart.”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 308 / 514
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Theme: Kheshatta

The man would look at the kid and a small smile would spread across his visage as his left hand would remove the hood from his face, revealing the black braided head and dark blue face which was littered with small tattoos. “Alright, but what do you do after?” he ask, his voice having a sort of hissing sound to it, almost like a snake tasting the air for its prey. Coming ever so close, he was now standing within touching range from the kid and would be looking down on his, his massive figure standing like a giant in comparison. “You’ve spent your entire life hunting this person, hunting him for the sake of revenge, you’ve become obsessed with him, always searching for him, asking, digging and interrogating after his presence.” His mind would move around as he spoke before finally tapping gently to his temple as his obsidian black eyes would almost get a hint of silvery green to them as he stopped and looked directly into the boy’s eyes. “Say that you find him, and kill him… what then? You just going to continue your life like it used to be? Wrong, your family is dead, they are not coming back… for now” he said, his face gaining that unknown glare that it was impossible place as to whether one should be worried or thankful.

“The life you know is long gone and will never return, the person you used to be have been twisted with the hatred and revenge that rages within you… however, I’m not here to preach you in the ways of right or wrong, I am simply feeding you the idea that you should begin to think of what to do after and not whole heartedly think about him.” The black braids would hang down around his face as his eyes continued to glare at him, almost like they were trying to look into his soul. “Though, if you were to face him in your current state, it’s not sure you’d make it out whole, maybe alive yes, but marked” he said, grinning ever so slightly at the ‘marked’ part as he stood back up and gave his pendant another swing, making it swing back and forth as he continued to stare at the kid.

Experience Points: 408
Total Exp: 751
Thread Gains: +2 TEXP[2x threads,29.5][30.5]
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:07 pm

I would note the reaction that came from the male as he got in closer to the extent where it may be deemed a bit too close. Still, I would stand my ground and listen to what he had to say without interrupting him. At the end of his words, I am able to understand that he’s not actually expecting an answer from me, but rhetorically placing an idea in my mind that he believed that I may not be mindful of. That much was fine. With his final words, I would comment, “I can only face him with my current self. All I have are my experiences up to this point to guide me. If I’m not strong enough when I see him, then I’ll have to accept the same fate as my father. The world’s not such a convenient place that I could get super strength over night.” I wondered if I really looked that weak to the mage or if he had some special ability to tell my strength by looking at me; his gaze was quite passionate. It made me ponder that thought in the back of my mind. I inquire, “did you have any special techniques that I should know about that will be useful against a magic user that you wanted to share with me?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 223 / 737
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 3:17 pm

“Share?” he asked as he took a step to the side of the boy so that he had the boy on his left side. “As for protection against magic? Maybe a barrier” he said in his low voice while giving the pendant another swing. The kids words went through his head again and again. His mind trying to work out why he was so destined at finding a mage, which after so many years would have become more powerful than he was back there and with the kids limited knowledge on the magic front, probably make the fight short. “What do you know about magic?” he would ask after almost a minute of silence.
His right hand would disappear into his bag and slowly searching around for something which had yet to be revealed. “There are few reasons for people in the Mare Mars to be up this early, even when you are a traveler, walking about creates suspicion” he would continue as his hand would come out from his bag, holding a small flower, still colorful and full of life. “So what are your reason to begin you’re travels this early?” he would ask as he would hand the kid the flower without further explaining what it was for.

Experience Points: 223
Total Exp: 974
Other Gains:
Thread Gains: +2 TEXP [2x threads,29.5][30.5]

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 3:27 pm

My gaze follows the male as he proceeds to my left side with the question. It was around this time that my attention shifted to the pendant that he kept playing with. During this time, I half expected him to be in the process of trying to think up something to tell me about magic. My body turns to face him after the question comes that follows the silence. What did I know about magic and why was I getting up so early to travel? An open book on most things, I answer, “as I told you, I’ve lived with a void mage for about 4 years, so I learned what I currently know from sparring him. As far as casting goes, I do not caste magic, so I have limited knowledge on that process. But as for where I’m going this early, I wanted to see something personal before leaving this area. I will be heading south to the desert soon, so the house where my family lived is here. That’s my final stop in this city… or next to final.” I remembered Meloli and the fact that Jin and Battousai would be upset if I didn’t stop by and say hey before my final departure for the next few years.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 217 / 954
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:21 pm

A short chuckle escapes him as he turns to look at the kid again, this time; with a different intensity to his voice he’d ask the same question again. “When I asked of what you knew about magic aligned towards its effects, how it looks like and how you can see it, not how you use it.” Having no memory of his family or youth, Deus wouldn’t really understand the whole ordeal with going back to the roots for memories. “Next to final, which means you have other places to be after you have visited the location of your nightmares and hate then.” He would say as he gave the pendant another swing while looking out into the mists. Also noting to himself that the boy had yet to actually look at the flower, he would turn to the kid again, this time though, his hands would be open with the palms towards the kid. “Study the flower I gave you well, notice it’s natural colours and soft petals – it’s a beautiful flower, is it not?” he would say before he would gently stroke the underside of its crown with his right hand, barely touching the delicate petals. “But…” he would say and stop, his hair hanging down in his face, almost covering is eyes as he would continue. “Look at it now” he would finish with and slowly, if the kid was looking at the flower, he would see that instead of the fresh flower that was in his hands, there was not only a dead flower, whose petals had begun to fall off and stalk begin to darken. “Void and dark my friend, shouldn’t not be thought of as the same thing”

Experience Points: 300
Total Exp: 1274
Other Gains:

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:35 pm

My gaze shifts down to the flower that had previously been handed to me as he mentions it. I hold it between my index finger and thumb. It was odd to think that a dark figure would have such a ‘lifelike’ thing on him. I would have expected a bone or something before a flower. Looking up to the question, I comment, “yes, I suppose so.” I look back up to him and then back down at the flower. When I look at it, I notice that it was no longer a vibrant living thing, but a dark carcass of what it used to be. I release it allowing it to fall to the ground before looking up and back at him. I felt that I was getting what he was saying. I confer, “so much like the difference between fire and ice, you’re saying that magics beyond the elementals all have their own special properties that I should take to heart.” I nod and comment, “I have the elementals down. Beyond that, I know there is void, but that is all I intuitively know…” I finally make the connection, “ah, so you’re a dark mage, correct?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 203 / 1157
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:13 pm

With a small smile, he would nod before giving his pendant yet another swing, almost keeping it constantly swinging back and forth from his left hand. “Yes, I am a dark mage” he would confirm. “Just from what I showed you, you can tell that the void magic you are used to is completely different than the dark magic you will be fighting.” His hand would go back into his pocket and retrieve a small black book, which he would hand to the kid. “Open it and see for yourself” he said as he would walk over to a small stone bench next to the road where they were sitting. While sitting down on the cold stone, he would direct his eyes in the direction of the kid. “A dark mage, can and will use death itself as a mean to damage their opponent or victim. Everything from diseases and infections to the dead themselves, as long as there is life around them, them will have something to fight with as they will simply suck the life force out of it to heal themselves or to use it for a spell to hurt you” He explained as he would watch as the kid would hopefully go through a few pages, that was, if he was literate.
“To be honest, I am a novice a former acolyte of another mage but due to differences, our ways parted” he went on if not stopped by the kid. “What I did to the flower was simply absorbing its life force, however I cannot use it on humans… yet.” He would explain, now looking at the pendant that was swinging from his left hand.

Experience Points: 290
Total Exp: 1564
Other Gains:

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:00 pm

My gaze follows as his hand reaches into his pocket, retrieving a book which he hands to me. My hand moves out to take this from him as I hold it in my right hand and look down at it. I examine the book given to me as he continues to speak in the background. Following the coax to open it, both hands come to the book and I crack it open near the beginning pages, flipping through them. Thanks to being raised in Meloli’s household, I was able to comprehend a good amount of what was in the book. Even if I could not understand all of it, it was enough to get the gist of what I was browsing. As he makes the comment about him being an lower class of mage, I murmur, “you could have fooled me” since just the creepiness of him made it seem as if he were a master. I supposed a large effect of magic was the attitude you exude; it was almost like a bluff of strength via personality. Looking up to him, I ask, “If I want to train my body, there are exercises that I can perform, like lifting weighted objects or slashing and punching several times over a long period of time. As a dark mage who manipulates death, how do you train your magic?” From what he was saying, it almost seemed as if they could gain power from human sacrifices, candles and alchemy circles, if such customs existed in this time.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 263 / 1320
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:21 pm

He spoke only one word in reply to the kids question on how mages became stronger with their spells. “Knowledge.” He would sit back and close his eyes for a short second before he would open them and look at the kid. “Magic is not something you can train in the matter of weeks or months. It can takes years to master a spell to perfection or even decades.” He would stop for a moment, allowing what he said to seep in before he would continue. “You see, with magic, there is only your imagination that stops you from going somewhere, however, you need to have the knowledge, understanding and ‘power’ do use it or else it will backfire and hurt you. Now, instead of standing in the middle of the road, come and sit down” he would say as he motion to the bench he was sitting on. “Not everybody is suited for using magic, at least not at a grand scale where they can wake the dead. To be able to wield magic, one would first need to understand the arcane powers and how they work, understand how the magic flows through everything. Once you’ve realized that, you can begin to submerge yourself in your type of magic”

He would lift up his pendant and give it a good look before he would swing it again while talking to the kid. “The more you use magic, the more accustomed to it you get. It’s almost like a feeling that at first is not natural and then slowly turns more natural until you at one point, stop thinking about it and it just becomes a part of you, that is when you can begin to master it and use it and eventually make it stronger.”

Experience Points: 310
Total Exp: 1874
Other Gains: +1 TEXP [5 posts in a day, 30.5]
Thread Gains: +3 TEXP [2x threads,29.5][5 posts in a day, 30.5][30.5]

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:32 pm

I started to understand something as he continued to speak magic. I didn’t know if I was best suited to be having this conversation with him, but I did feel as if this was something that needed to be sorted out with me. In order to grasp the things that he were saying I would need to change my way of thinking. With the call to come and sit with him, I nod and decide that would be for the best. I move over to him and continue to listen to his words that answered my question. My bag is pulled from around my body and I sit it on the ground to the side of us. Internally I was being scolded about how green I was on various topics, but it wasn’t my main focus. After thinking on it, I decided that it was time to let this person know a bit more about me and show another side of myself to him. I felt that since he invested this much time and interest in me so far, he could be someone I could call as a friend, or at least acquaintance in future encounters. Responding to his words, I inquire, “It sounds like we’re going to get deep into this topic. Do you mind if I switch gears here so that we’re able to absorb this better?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 229 / 1549
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Arching a brow upon the question put towards him from the boy, Deus would ask. “Not at all, though I’m curious as to why you would change your attire for a conversation.” Allowing the kid to do as he pleased with his attire, Deus would go on with his explanation of magic and slowly turn it more towards the dark arts. “Once you’ve learned the basics of any magic, it’s easily applied to other types as well, such as elemental and even space itself, though the latter is so rare that only a handful of mages can say that they have it mastered.” Taking out a small scroll from his bag, he would unfold it and hold it up so the boy could see. It showed the long list of recognised magic types, ranging from time to space to the element. Everything had been carefully described and noted down on the scroll, giving the reader quiet the insight in how to actually even recognise potential mages from the crowd.

“For each mage, there are types of magic which simply suit them naturally, which for me was the dark arts. The dark arts stand out somewhat from the rest, as they are usually frowned upon as the evil – and yes, they can be categorized as evil when you look at how they affect people.” Adjusting the scroll some more, the kid would be able to see a picture of a man standing with his upper torso bare, kneeling and screaming towards the sky. “See this picture, this picture shows a spell, which if you are affect, will most likely cost you a limb or even kill you. It’s called necrosis” Adjusting the scroll some more, it would detail the type of pain and effects the necrosis would have on one’s body fi one was to become the victim of such a spell. “If I was to use this on your hand, it would maybe take five or ten minutes until you would actually begin to feel the pain and within the hour, the skin around your hand would begin to turn greyish green and turn into an almost webby state – in a sense, It causes your skin to die and eventually peel off.”

Experience Points: 395
Total Exp: 2269
Other Gains: +1 TEXP [31.5]
Thread Gains: +4 TEXP [2x threads,29.5][5 posts in a day, 30.5][30.5, 31.5]

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:31 pm

A grin came to my lips as he assumed that I would be changing my attire; oh no, it would be much more than that. I would allow him to continue along speaking, since there was no real reason to interrupt him while I did this. With it being the morning and all, hopefully there weren’t many people around to witness this change in persona. Since I was sitting on the rock with him, hopefully his large body would offer at least some form of privacy, since I would be decreasing in mass a fair amount. I decide against relocating for the quick change since we were near the outskirts of the town rather than the center. With that, my form would ‘flash’ from one form to another in the blink of an eye. No longer would a cocky brash male be sitting on the rock next to him, but a slender white haired female would be reclining to his side with one leg crossed over the other and her hands supporting her posture, with her palms flat on the rock beneath them just behind her rear. With the change, the attire would be different as well.

The hands would lift up slightly stretching the lithe form finally free of the cage that the main persona kept me in. Now with the mindset of Jyneil, I would look over to the mage who was in the process of showing me something. “Oh?” I would look interestedly as he unrolls a scroll of discovered magic types. Upon viewing the various types of magics listed, a smirk graces my lips as a slender finger is extended to poke the scroll at a certain point. “Light,” I inform, “that’s my type, actually.” Upon viewing something as vile as Necrosis, my nose would wrinkle slightly as I showed displeasure to the thought of a magic that would make someone’s skin rot, though the opposite would be quite useful. Looking to him quizzically, I inquire, “hmm, so this has a lot to say about your personality, wouldn’t it?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai > Jyneil | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 372 / 1921
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:57 pm

As the flash of light appears, Deus would change his gaze at what would look to be a new person sitting next to him. Saying nothing while the new one spoke, he would just listen and stare at her. As the she said that she was a user of light, Deus’s eyes flared up with a silver tint for maybe a second before he would exhale and adjusting the scroll again to show some more information about a spell named ‘Blasphemous Rain’ It described a chant which was not written in the language that the boy would have understood and underneath were a small part that explained how it affected the victim. His mind quickly spun around and the darker part of Deus began to slowly surface. Something that would indicate that would be that the tattoos on his body would get a stronger colour and some even begin to emit a sort of blackish glow. ‘All you need is one touch’ the whispers said in the back of his head. ‘She’s light, you are dark – touch her’ the whispers continued. Turning his head slowly, he would close his eyes and exhale and then take a deep breath before turning back to the scroll, trying to avoid looking at the girl. “Not at all” he would state as he let her finish reading the part of the scroll before rolling it back up and putting it back into his bag. “So” he would begin as he closed his bag and turned to the girl. “How come you transform for something trivial as a conversation? Your main self not able to grasp the depth of the arcane?” he would say, his voice deep and cold, just like one would expect from the darkness.

Experience Points: 308
Total Exp: 2577
Other Gains:

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:18 pm

“Ho?...” my glance would follow his as he is forced to divert his gaze from the beauty that is me. It was hard to blame him, the condition of my shift into this persona casted a charm on those around me, though I thought that I had suppressed it this time. The bag it closed and I lean back as he finally takes a moment to look back at me. To answer his question, I answer, “…transform? What are you talking about? I didn’t transform, I just came out to speak with you, that’s all. Isn’t a talk about construction better between two carpenters? Hunting between two hunters? It’s only common sense, at least I think so.” I lean in a bit coming within close proximity of him as my voice lowers just a bit, “don’t be shy on my account. I consider us both to be acolyte in magic, though we’re completely opposite. I wanted to see if I could learn something from you; it’s something best done directly. I don’t need a meat head trying to translate everything you say to me when he can barely grasp channeling.” In a low tone, I admit, “he can’t even fly.” I lean back and ask, “how much do you know about light magic, since you seem to know a lot?”

Persona: Jyn'Rai > Jyneil | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 232 / 2153
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Looking at her with an almost statue like face, Deus would use his hand to brush some of the braids out of his face before giving her a question of his own. “I’m guessing you are the one going to battle this mage of his… yours then? Also, when a mind is already set on a path, trial at diverting it from that path requires more effort than diverting a wavering mind. You are already a user of light and already have set your mind at what dark magic does and probably also set your mind on what you think about it, thus it would be hard to keep a sane discussion about the matter.” As she leaned back and send the anticipated question his way, he would answer it by directing his attention to the book she would already be holding. “Turn to the last thirty or some pages” he said and waited for her to do so. “That is my a fraction of the knowledge I have written down of the light magic I’ve personally encountered, I’ve read books and discussed light magic with more acolytes and magus’s than I have discussed dark magic, so I would say that my knowledge of my opposite field is greater than it probably should be.” With this, his thoughts went back to his old master and the temple which had once been his home and place of learning of the arcane arts. “I am guessing that dark magic isn’t something you have encountered to many times, is it?” he would ask, letting his hands now rest on the back of the stone bench, clearly now exposing his black pendant to the girl as he continued to have it in motion, despite his arms now resting.

Experience Points: 308
Total Exp: 2885
Other Gains:

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:47 pm

With an impish grin, I refute, “wrong!” I give a bit more insight as I inform, “I have no interest in battling some unknown mage that Jin’s only seen once. The only reason Jyn’Rai continues to search is on Jin and Battousai’s behalf; he baby’s those two too much if you ask me. I’m not interested in things like revenge, but until I’m able to talk Jin out of it, it looks like that’s what’s going to happen.” Of course, that could sound like a puzzle without the context of who all those people were, but in a sense, they were all me. Still, Rai had really picked a dull one to befriend.

Interest is drawn when the request is given to turn to the last thirty or so pages, and so my attention shifts back to the book that was within the grasp of my hands and I navigate to said pages. For a moment I browse over the knowledge that he has of light magic before I close the book and give an unabashed laugh. I make the vague and off handed comment, “I suppose this is the limit of what a being of darkness would be able to understand about the light.” Looking back up to him, I then continue, “Before I can answer that question, I believe we have a fundamental difference on what dark and light magics are. Will you agree with me that they are merely categories for a wide arrangement of spiritual and demonic magic, or do you think them to be something else? I don’t believe one mage’s dark magic will be the same as another as what you have here in light magic doesn’t seem to touch upon how I would use it.”

Persona: Jyneil | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 305 / 2458
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:45 am

His lips would form a shallow smile as he would turn his head towards her and with his cold voice answer her statement. “As I said, that is the light magic I have myself witnessed. I can also assure you that my limit of knowledge of light magic is higher than you might think.” He would say, giving a quick gaze to his pendant again. As the girl goes on about the differences among mages and the uses of magic, Deus seem to be listening, while in reality his mind is preoccupied with his inner voice. The whispers inside his head had begun to surface again, this time being more violent in their words. ‘You know you want to use it on her, just one touch, that’s all that is needed’ the voice whisper to him. ‘Gently stroke her cheek and see how she will twist and turn in the pain’ it continued, only be too interrupted by the swinging of the pendant. “You can go through your entire life and not meet a mage which uses the same ‘spell’s’ as yourself – magic is only limited to the imagination of its user, which would also be influenced by their wants, needs and ambitions” he replied before turning towards the girl again. “The potential of all types of magic is endless. It all comes down to how far you are allowing yourself to go. My form of dark magic would be complete different than another user’s and the same goes for light as well and in general all the other aspects of magic” he would finish and just see how the girl would take it.

Experience Points: 290
Total Exp: 3175
Other Gains:

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:35 pm

I was a bit surprised to see a smile crack along his lips, but perhaps it was due him finally warming up. I had to assume that maybe he wasn’t uncomfortable with my presence, but he simply had an abrasive attitude, as others may perceive me to have. In thinking on this, I revel in the depth of understanding I had for others and continue on with the interaction. As if relieved, I make the snooty comment, “well at least we agree on that point” in the reference to the fact that magic was only bound by the imagination of the user. She continues in her probing, “…which was why I was interested to why you research so much. If magic is bound by our imagination, then it seems like studying magic is a good way to limit your perception. But I will not argue your point there. I’m actually glade we’ve come to a common ground to agree upon. But I’m going to assume that you want to grow stronger in your magic, as all mages should feel compelled, at least I believe. What purpose is your magic going to serve when you get it to the point where it rival’s your previous master? Was the difference of opinion you had with him based on your and his theory of magics?” By this time, I was very interested in the conversation, since it had been quite a while since I had been able to talk about magic with anyone other than maybe Jyn’Ko, who didn’t often speak.

Persona: Jyneil | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 273 / 2731
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Her attitude and behavior amused him as he sat there and listened to her ask him about his master. Deus was usually not the one to talk a lot, and because of that, a lot of people took him for being weak in his magic and not overly bright, which with his size would make him look more like the typical ‘I smash head’ type of person instead of an intellectual mage. “Knowledge is invaluable – the reason I research is so I can understand. If you can’t understand, how can you then learn?” He would let himself have a few seconds of time to think before he would answer the question about his master. They had parted many years ago and it wasn’t like many people first would imagine two mages part, especially not two dark mages, though his master was never a user of dark magic. “There is always the dream about getting stronger within every mage, to master their sense of magic.” Seeing the eagerness in her as we submerged into a deeper conversation about magic, Deus decided to throw the girl a portion of the bone she had asked for, though, he would leave out certain details, until he could get to know her or them better. “The difference between by master and me was one that a lot of people would wonder how was possible. My master was a priest in a temple dedicated to a god called Mitra, their worshippers uses light magic to help the ones that come to their temple. I came to the temple at a very young age, my body filled with cuts and bruises and my clothes soaked in mud and blood. The priests took me in, sheltered me and taught me simple magic. As the years went by, my mind or rather my interests changed from the light kindness of the magic to the ending aspect of life, death.”

He would lift the pendant up for her to see before he would continue. “I found this back then, deep within the catacombs underneath the temple. It hung around a skeletons neck which was also holding a book written in an ancient language. I took the pendant and the book for my own and when I returned to the temple, the oldest priest told me about them. He could tell me that the previous owner had been a priest within the temple, though he had used his magical powers to bury the ones that had died, but also experiment onto the sick, using his unfinished spells on them. The other priests had locked him away in the catacombs, leaving him to die for his dark ways. Entranced by the old ones story, I decided to learn both arts, or at least try. As the years went by, my powers within the dark magic increased, while the few arts I had learned from the light magic had faded away and I was cast out of the temple, in fear of me repeating what the older one had done. That was how we parted our ways.” His face didn’t seem to be touched by his own story, especially not about the dead man in the catacombs, instead of maybe a tear of the memories, his mouth would have a faint smile to it, almost like he knew something more, something he hadn’t revealed yet about the story he had just told the girl.

Experience Points: 600
Total Exp: 3775
Other Gains:

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:16 pm

I lean forwards resting my right elbow on the top of my crossed leg with my palm cupping the bottom of my face as I continue to listen to the acolyte. A slight look of surprise shows on my face when he actually goes into detail that his original master was a light mage and the story about his changing from light to the dark is pretty interesting. So with that I would understand that he wasn’t always a dark figure, he was eventually turned to that way of magic over time. My eyes come to the pendant that is hung before me, something that I wondered whether it existed before or after The Dawn. With the term ‘ancient language’ referred to, I was inclined to believe the former. At the end of it, I nod and understand, “ah, an outcaste turned scholar. How very fascinating a life you must have had up until now. Do you feel any animosity towards your previous master for exiling you? Do you feel the need to return and prove yourself to him, or are you fine with how things have happened? It looks to me that exiling you has given you opportunity to greater freedom, no?”

Persona: Jyneil | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 217 / 2948
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:39 pm

With a light shake of his head, Deus would reply, “You sure have a lot of questions” he said as he adjusted in his seat and let his eyes glide of the girls face. “And yes, being away from the temple has given me more freedom to do what I want.” He would say as he leaned back a bit while holding his gaze on her. “It allowed me to see the world, research my own thoughts and interests of this world and…” he said stopping as if he had to think of something. “That part isn’t important.” Turning more towards her, he would ask a question of his own. “So what about you? Trapped inside a revenge seeking kid which as it looks to me, only let you out at certain times when he, himself can’t grasp the content of the conversation” his voice took on an almost taunting tint to it as he would look into her eyes, trying to understand her, where she came from and who she was. At the present, she was an enigma to Deus which perked his curiosity as to how, such an apparent bright girl could just be ‘stashed’ away inside the hot headed kid he had spoken to earlier.

Experience Points: 212
Total Exp: 3987
Thread Gains: +5 TEXP [2x threads,29.5][5 posts in a day, 30.5][30.5, 31.5, 02.6]

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:58 pm

I would be amused at him catching onto my lack of subtleness in asking questions. I would have to work on not being so obvious in my information mining in the future. When the conversation switches back over to me and my plight, the mood changes, and the amused look on my face fades as defensive mechanisms rise causing my arms to fold at my stomach while inclining the tilt of my nose upwards just slightly. “You shouldn’t ask a lady about such complicated matters,” I inform being completely hypocritical of the issue, “it’s different since you are a male, but I’m fine. There’s no need to worry about me…” Looking down my voice gets a bit lighter and less indignant as I make the comment, “it’s not like I can go against what created me in the first place. Even though I am in them, I am one with them. My world consists more of just this physical realm that you exist in. I exist in a realm beyond this one, so it might be hard to comprehend. This world pales in comparison to the point where I can hardly associate the two.” Deciding to more the conversation along from that, I compose my speech and posture and say, “but it seems like we’re both acolytes in this. I’m sure our conversations will become a lot better in the future. I trust you won’t be a stranger in the future, no?”

Persona: Jyneil | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 261 / 3209
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Deus arched his brow at her hypocritical statement as she seemed to go down into a completely defensive state upon his question. “That depends on if we are to ever meet again” he said in his typical voice as he momentarily looked away for a brief seconds before returning his gaze to her. “And since you are though not a person of your own will, but a created personality, I’m guessing that upon our next encounter, I may have to ask to see you… or are you able to just break through on your own?” Still being a sincere question, it also had a taunting undertone, literary added just to aggravate her to see how far he could go with this girl. “Stranger or not, we’ve only recently met; it will be hard to judge such at a time like this, however, if we are so fortunate to meet, I’d be sure to make some form of contact.” He said, thinking of possible places he could bump into them, one was already certain, it would all depend on their timing as he had been looking towards the desert regions for further studies and the boy had said to him earlier that he would be going there next, he haven’t been accurate in his description so it was possible that they would be heading for different locations, however, with a large desert and few places to rest, the chance of meeting him and the girl was almost guaranteed.

Experience Points: 264
Total Exp: 4251
Thread Gains: +6 TEXP [2x threads,29.5][5 posts in a day, 30.5][30.5, 31.5, 02.6, 03.6]

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:44 pm

My demeanor slackens a bit and a smile comes to my face when he mentions that upon meeting Jyn’Ko again, he may have to ask to see me. I found that cute in a way, and for that I would tease him back. It seemed almost like a romantic thought, like a male coming to the door to see if he could court the young lady of the house. With a mock blush, I tease, “asking my master’s permission to see me. How forward of you…” Turning my head away from him and tilting it towards the skies with my aura changing to one of superiority, I mock my personas as I declare, “but who knows, I may have subjugated these boys by then. It all depends on if I find a reason to want to exist in this world.” Looking back to him, I continue, “If you haven’t noticed by traveling from place to place, this world isn’t all that great.” She concludes, “but rest assured, I will have a few spells up my sleeve to swap showcases with you when we next meet. I think talking to you was helpful; it at least gave me some amusement for a little while. You should be proud of yourself.”

Persona: Jyneil | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 213 / 3422

Last edited by aѕceпxion on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phew
New Recruit
New Recruit
Phew

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:53 pm

A minor smirk spread across his lips as she spoke. Usually, Deus didn’t find himself that much interested in girl, but this one had made some form of impression on him, which not only made his thoughts somewhat blurry, but also his behavior. Normally he would use a cold and mystic front towards people, causing them to be on their tip toes as they would not be able to decipher him as a person on whether he was good or evil. However, with this one, this didn’t seem to be the case. “Shouldn’t it rather be the other way around?” he would ask as he slowly got to his feet and place his bag over his shoulder, his hands now covered by the sleeves of his tunic. “Considering the facts that you wouldn’t have been summoned if it wasn’t for me sitting down and talking to the kid about magic. So in a sense, you should be happy that I did, or it would probably have been a while till you’d get out” Hi lips for form a quick smile before he would begin his slow walk towards the gates, slowly mixing his dark figure in with the mist.

Experience Points: 206
Total Exp: 4457
Thread Gains: +6 TEXP [2x threads,29.5][5 posts in a day, 30.5][30.5, 31.5, 02.6, 03.6]

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
aѕceпxion

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:02 pm

I watch as he stands up and speaks. I do not answer that particular question, but I do give a short smirk to the question with a shrug as my head shifts to the side. As things would turn out, he would be moving away from me. I would let him have his words as he walked away with the mist picking up around him. In my mind, he was trying to put on a cool front while moving away; at least he had the common sense to attempt to impress me. In my mind, however, any man should attempt to be at his best when around me. Casually I lean back slightly resting on the palms of my hand against what I was sitting on with my right leg crossed over my left as I call after him, “next time work on your manners.” My leg sways a little in its crossed position as my head tilts to the side and I continue, “hmph... it’s rude to walk away from a lady; you’re supposed to watch her walk away… minus ten points.” It would be my teasing way of telling him good bye, but by the time he turned around, if he even responded to my words, I would already be gone. Not spatially, but more physically in the form that I would no longer be Jyneil and would now be in the form of Jyn’Rai. A bit awkward getting thrust out into the front like that, I would rub the back of my neck and chuckle in a murmur to myself, “heh… well, I guess that was a good talk… time to get going…” With that, I would stand to my feet, grab my bag and turn moving in the opposite direction of the mage. He was a pretty cool guy after all.

Persona: Jyneil > Jyn'Rai | Timeline: Flashback (20 AD) | EXP: 299 / 3721 - Sent to UYB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Stop Before Leaving *   A Stop Before Leaving * Empty

Back to top Go down

A Stop Before Leaving *
Page 1 of 1