Shintheory Role-Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thief's Market

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Rep! : 14

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Thief's Market Eri_1

Thief's Market
My arms cross as I come to stand in front the stone walls of the coastal city of Mare Maris. My long silver hair and ragged black scarf flaps in the strong coastal winds that carry the smell of salt water with it. Inside is the largest bazaar in the land. It is said to have anything anyone would ever want. And it was all just setting right these for the taking. As long as you can take it without getting captured by the city guard. Walking along the road that leads through the gates of the sandstone wall, my golden eyes scan the city shadow of the gate cast over me. The last time I was here was about ten summers ago with my mother to make a few trades. She end up getting into a fight with a man for looking at her and we was kicked out of the town and told not to ever come back. We did make it out with some nice loot that we had swiped from a few of the merchants. It looks like the place has grown some from then. The path I was taking becomes blocked by a tall watchman. My footsteps come to a halt as the hand comes up to single me to stop.

"Halt Miss. Name your purpose?"

My eyes look up at the watchman. He was just a young man still in his teens. From his statement I took it that he was asking why I had come to the city. "To breed." I give him a smile.

xp: 262
Role: Thief 5/17

Thief's Market Eri_3
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:32 pm

Thief's Market Eri_1

Thief's Market
His eyes get big and face turns red at my answer.

"So you are a... a...."

I give him a nod as the closed eyed smile stays on my face, "Hai, I'm a woman and my purpose is to bear children."

The look of surprise drops from his visage as he restates his question. "No miss, I was asking you why you have come to the city."

I guess he didn't find that as funny as I did. Maybe it is a guard type thing. They are never very friendly unless they have some spirit in them. Then they are your best friends. "Why didn't you just say so to start with. I'm here to trade for some goods I hope." I pat the side of my backpack. "And I am searching for someone."

"Searching for someone? Like a bounty?!" The young watchman shows some interest. Guard duty must be a rather boarding if he is getting that hard up for a bounty hunting job. He must not get to leave the gate too often. I shake my head. "iie, it isn't anything like that. I'm looking for my brother. He is about your height, has snow white hair, and has one rube eye and indigo eye. Have you seen anyone like that come through?" The guard shakes his head, and I tap him on the shoulder. "Oh well arigtou." I give him a wink and a slap on the ass as I walk by. "Dewa mata." A grin comes to my face as I feel of the small drawstring pouch full of stones that I just snatch form the guards belt.

xp: 272/534
Role: Thief 5/17

Thief's Market Eri_3
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Rep! : 5

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:32 pm

The member 'Eri' has done the following action : Dices roll

'10 Roll' : 8
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Thief's Market Eri_1

Thief's Market
The long pony tail of silver hair sways in sync with the motion of my hips as I walk down the stone street to the Bazaar. Colorful tents line the town center along with merchant carts with many different types of people walking around in what is said to be the largest open market in Terra trade for goods. All that mint to me was that there is more stuff to take for myself. Pick pocketing is an art that is a lot easier when done in a large crowd. It is a lot like a magic tick, based on misdirection. Making a person look one way as you do something from the other. And this to the lovely Mare Maris Monarchy setting up a nice little trade system using stones and shells as it curtsy, thieving is a little easier. Taking a bag of stones is a less noticeable then taking goods from someone. I walk through one of the market I pass through a few of the colorful tents crowded with people. It wasn't uncommon for someone to just bump into someone else. Bumping into a man standing in front of me I stumble a little and fall to the ground like a careless klutz. "Ouch!" I rub my forehead as I sit there on the ground while the man turns to look at what was going on. Seeing me on the ground looking all moe, he offers me his hand. "Are you alright miss?" I look up at him with and nod. "Un, I just wasn't looking." I take his hand so he helps me up. "Thanks, I'm sorry about running into you." I give him a smile as start move along. He nods, "Try to a little more carful miss." I return the nod. "Hai, I will." Walking away with my new found funds that just seem to have slipped into my hand when I bumped into the man.

xp: 323/857
Role: Thief 5/19

Thief's Market Eri_3
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:33 am

Thief's Market Eri_1

Thief's Market
Walking through the crowded market, my eyes glance around at the various market tents and charts. I stop to have a look at a one with a few things that looked interesting to me.
" Ancient relic! For the core! Come have a look at some of the worlds treasures that many men have risked their very lives to recover! You there Miss! I have just the thing for you!" I blink as the merchant address me. Looking over at him as he dings around in his wares to pull out a some sort of contraption. "This thing here is something you'll want! It will make your lovely eyes even lovelier if that is even feasible!" I look at the thing for a moment before asking about it. "What does it do?" He puts in over his eye. "What does it do you ask?! This is what it does! You put it over your eye like so and with your eye closed you squeeze it like this! And you count to... hmm ten! Then you let go and look!" He points at his eye. "You got curly eye lashes!" I lean in to take a closer look before nodding. "They are curly..." The merchant nods, "So what do you say you want to trade for it." I rub my chin for a moment as I act like I am thinking about it. "iie, I don't really have a need for something like that. What about that thing there? What is it for." I point at the red octagon made of metal behind him and as he looks turns to look... some items find their way into my pouch. "Ah this is an ancient symbol of power! Would look great in your home!" I rub my chin some more, "I don't have a home... How about a stone for the eye things?" The merchant looks at it. "Three stones and it is yours." I shack my head. "Nah, I'll have to pass on that one. Thanks for your time." I move back into the crowd once again.

xp: 346/1203
Role: Thief 5/20

Thief's Market Eri_3
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:33 am

Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Thief's Market Eri_1

Thief's Market
Stopping for a moment to watch a street performer doing simple tricks for tips of the head. I liked this sort of stuff when I was a kid but right now I was mostly eyeing the pouch of a young woman in the crowed wearing a lot of finery. Getting close to her as the street performer get ready to 'breath fire' she and the ground of ladies she with yep and back away from the performer as the burst of flame flies up into the air. She backs up into and with a little touch I pull the pouch away from her body and tucking it away as I place a hand on her shoulder greeting her with a smile as she turns to look at me. "Sorry about that." She smiles back, "Oh no I'm the one that should be sorry for bumping into you." I shake my head, "It is alright. This the first time to see a performance?" She nods, "Yes it is. What about you?" Glancing at the performer, "I watched one once with my mother when I was just child. I rather liked it, but you have to watch yourself because thieves like to steal from people while they are watching." The young woman blinks for a moment "Really?" I nod as her hands feels for the pouch of stones I had taken from her just a moment ago. Her eyes widen, "It is gone!" She turns to the other young ladies, "My stones are gone!" They all gasp at the news before rushing off.

xp: 261/1464
Role: Thief 5/23

Thief's Market Eri_3
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:28 pm

'10 Roll' : 7
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Thief's Market Eri_1

Thief's Market
After watching the young ladies rush off, I leave the Bazaar and head to the lower parts of the city. I think they call this part of the Wharf. Although honest hard working fisherman and want not are down in this area, it is also where you'll find what people around these parts call shady characters. I don't see myself as a shady character but some may think of me that way if they think finding things that other people have lost as being shady. The Guild would have a tavern somewhere in these area for us shady people to gather and trade, talk, or do business with each other. If I'm lucky I'll find an easy job to pick up. The sound of birds fell the air as I move through the streets between the buildings till coming to a tavern called "The Singer Crab" on the dockside. Standing in front of it I turn to look at the clear waves of clear water with boats floating across it. It makes me think of the sea of sand that is what I guess I would call home. Following two men inside the tavern, I find that it rather packed with people sitting at round tables drink spirit and having a good time while a few men are playing a game of cards. The Tavern is a very loud place to be. Walking over to the lean on the bar, I wave the barkeep over to speak to the mild aged man as he cleans a glass with a wash cloth.

xp: 261/1725
Role: Thief 5/27

Thief's Market Eri_3
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 pm

'10 Roll' : 3
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:11 pm

Thief's Market Eri_1

Thief's Market
"My my if it isn't a cute little silver fox. What can I get for ya deary?"
I give him a closed eye smile for the compliment, "Just some information. I just got into town and I thought I would check and see if I could find a job while I'm here."
He leans over the bar to look at my body. "Hmm, You look a little dangerous to be a working girl. What type of job you do?"
"I like to get things for people that other people have. I don't do anything that has to do with children or animals."
He nods, "See that man in corner dressed in black? He many have some of that type of work for ya."
I glance over at the man in the corner. He was rather creepy looking with his pale skin and wearing all black with a hat and sunglasses.
"What is his name?"
The barkeeper just shrugs at my question. "No one knows we just call him Mr. Black."
I give the barkeep a nod leaving a stone on the bar. "Thanks" Walking over to the table in corner with the strange man sitting there. I pull out chair and sit down across from him. "Oi." Leaning back to relax as I try to get his attention.
"I don't need a green horn so don't even waste my time." The man doesn't even look up from his books as he speaks to me.
Hearing his words I stand up from the chair. "All right. I'll go somewhere else then." I toss a pouch over on to the fold of his book. "You should watch your belongings better. You're way to easy of a target." I turn to walk away as he glances at the pouch and looks to his side to find his is missing.
"So you're not a green horn."
I glance over my shoulder to smile at him. "I could steal everything you had with just a smile if I wanted too."

xp: 335/2060
Role: Thief 5/27

Thief's Market Eri_3
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:11 pm

'10 Roll' : 5
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
Rek

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:46 pm

Thief's Market Eri_1

Thief's Market
He motions for me to sit, "Please sit for a moment, Miss Silver." Taking him up on his offer I sit back down before he starts to speak again. "I have simple task that I need done."
A brow comes up as I inquire on the word simple, "A simple task?" Nothing in this world is just simple.
He gives a nod," There is a package that I need be delivered to a friend of mine. I need an able body to deliver it. Someone that is able to evade those who may want this package for themselves. Would you be interested "
The tip of my finger nails tap the table as this sound like it could be more trouble than just a simple task. "What type of package are we talking about here?"
"It is just a simple box. You do not need to know what is inside of it nor are you to open it."
My finger comes up to rub across my lip as I think about it for a moment. "All right I'll be your little delivery girl but I want my payment up front."
His hand pushed the pouch I had taken and then returned to him back over to me. My golden eyes look at it as he speaks.
"You give this now and you'll get more when the package is delivered to him."
I give a nod as I reach out to take the pouch, "You got a deal. So where is this package?" I put away the pouch of stones as he pulls out a small long box warped in cloth.
"Deliver this to the guild owner in the third village from this city called Leon. Do not open it. If it is opened or you lose it then he will not give you your payment. Just tell him that it is a package for Mr. Black."
I give him a nod and take the box. "Alright, I'll have it there in no time." Standing up I put the box away before leaving the tavern with my new delivery to make.

xp: 350/2410
Role: Thief 5/28

Thief's Market Eri_3

Last edited by Eri on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:46 pm

'10 Roll' : 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thief's Market Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thief's Market   Thief's Market Empty

Back to top Go down

Thief's Market
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shintheory Role-Playing :: DOR :: Roleplaying Board :: Terra Regnum :: Mare Maris :: The Coastal Regions of Mare Maris (Archived)-
Jump to: