Shintheory Role-Playing

Welcome to the HUB of Shintheory Roleplaying!

 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shintre
Admin
Admin
avatar

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed May 25, 2011 12:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Upcoming Quest
The Golden Tonberry
Level: Beginner
Location: Medius
Possible Prize: Bulk Barter Items
Start Date: Tuesday, May 24 - End Date: Friday, June 3

Participating Members:
 
The time is evening. The sun squats on the western horizon. You are passing through a small tribal village named Ohman in Rockland, Medius (O3). You discover a sign with the silhouette of a little creature with an X through the image. The more you walk around Ohman the more you see more of these posters. You can hear noise coming from the town center. People are gathering in the center of town. A stout man with a pot belly and bald head in hobo clothing stands on top of a stack of milk crates in front of a crowd. He is giving a speech.

“I have a dream (yes!)… that my four little children will ONE DAY live in a village not plague by the green plight but in a village free from oppression! I have a dream!”

The crowd is cheering for some reason. It looks like less of a crowd but more of a lynch mob. Pitch forks, lanterns and torches all around. The man keeps talking.

“The Green Plight has gone too far! He has taken the princess of this village and has enslaved her in his pit of sultry and putrid lust! Right now our princess is doing unimaginable things to him. Things which are not right! Things that we cannot speak of in front of children!”

He looks around to the crowd.

“Imagine if you will, our princess in tattered clothing on the floor of some cave being spanked with a riders prop while serving a plate of fruit and ale on her back for the Green Plight while calling him master! Imagine if you will, him asking her ‘who’s your master!’ and forcing her to respond ‘Cho nuff!’ Now imagine her in a bunny…”

“Get to the point old man!”

The blushing village elder coughs into his fist. The blush goes away.

“Anyway, that is why we must unite! As leader, the associated farmers of Ohman are offering a large reward to any intrepid explorer who is able to rescue our princess and defeat the Green Plight once and for all! Now due to my position, I cannot go with you, but do not fret about the many that tried and came back bloody pulps, unics and shadows of their former selves! Do not fret about the many many MANY horror stories that you’ve heard about. Don’t worry about a slow and painful death at the hands of a godless creature of bane! Do not imagine its chief’s blade slamming into your clavicle, breaking your sternum and impaling your intestines! Search for your balls and do not come up wanting! Take on this task and restore what dignity is left to our village!”

The crowd blinks. They murmur and the vigor lowers. It didn’t look like anyone was going to step forth. There was a lot of “uhh’s” and looking around.

“Anyone... who will come forth... the more the merrier!”

ooc // no posting order or rules yet

-----------------
- The Big Cheese -


Last edited by Shintre on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Shintre
Admin
Admin



PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:06 am

Current Quest
The Golden Tonberry

Level: Beginner
Location: Medius
Possible Prize: Bulk Barter Items
Start Date: Tuesday, May 24 - End Date: Friday, June 3

Response Post
Plants response vs Ash - Ash finds out that his spell fails o.o. It fails b/c of the STE caste over the area (i.e. stun). He receives -10 HP from the poison and should be able to feel the effects.
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 5
Location : Almost Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:37 am


..The Golden Tonberry
..Lethe, the Cryosamurai:
......The entire time they'd been in the area there were very few things that struck the samurai as out of the ordinary. He could count on one hand the amount of wealthy men or families that didn't have armed guards of some type patrolling their abodes, so that wasn't so much anything to take special note of. But, there was one thing. Even after the copious amounts of blood that had been spilled on the mansion floor, there was still a lingering earthen stench that coated the entirety of the inside of the mansion. It vaguely reminded him of the smell that hits one's nose before a great rain begins to pour, or that of a well kept garden.

......Lethe's thought on the matter was interrupted as a demonic presence came near, walking past them in the form of some sort of beast. At first he wasn't quite sure who it was, that is until he heard it's remarks. Oh, so it was that overly confident and snide demon that they'd seen before. Judging by his comments he hadn't changed much in the short amount of time they hadn't seen him. Iskra certainly didn't seem happy to see him and Lethe's reaction wasn't much different. Samael, on the other hand, lit up with glee upon seeing his dark friend. Living up to his billing as a spirit of benevolence, Samael went into a tangent about how the demons with the most tainted souls tended to taste the best and supply the most power, and as a matter of factly explained to Lethe that whoever that demon was, he'd be a fountain of raw power to consume.

......Between his human and animal form, the young soldier hoped that the demon was in his animal form if Samael was ever free to do such a thing. Though, would eating a demon be cannibalism? After all, they're not actually human, so would -

......Shaking his head, Lethe cursed at himself for having such thoughts and followed his mater silently into the next room. That kamikonjou must be rubbing off on him. But no matter, they had bigger things to worry about, like the entire reason they were here and apparently his matriarch wanted to go after someone else that was here. The three of them seemed to enter without much incidence, but then the floor itself split apart.

......Their method of entrance was quickly cut off by roots and vines, and from the split floor rose a towering display of flora. The actual plan of attack for the sinister plant life would have to wait, and Lethe's amber eyes caught sight of the coming vines. "What in the hell is this?" Lethe called over to Iskra while quickly attempting to take flight to avoid the coming vines.

......A plant with a face, that was a first.


..Wordcount: 469
..EXP Gain: 514
..PWC Gain: 514
..Other: +1 TEXP (May 31st, earned 250 EXP)
..OOC: Since the stats are the same for us both on the tech, I'm assuming it's just a "who has the higher roll" to avoid.

-----------------
Lethe | Human Hybrid
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:39 am

The member 'Lydeck' has done the following action : Dices roll

'100 Roll' : 47
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:46 am

When the room began to rumble, Iskra's hair stood on end and she sprang back, alert and snarling, her hair a bristling mass as her beady blue eyes darted to and fro. It was a trap. She hated traps. The drove her absolutely nuts, and she bared her teeth at the unknown thing in the middle that managed to block off all routes of escape. She could hear grinding noise as the flower-thing revealed itself. This wasn't right. Plants weren't supposed to be able to attack people. There wasn't anything quite as troubling as a sight like this one that made absolutely no sense. In an odd way, she began wishing that there were some giant deer present to combat the thing. It made almost as much sense as a plant attack.

The ground moved, a sound not unlike a giant earthworm beneath a rotten log, and with a reflexive panic, she jumped, seeking safety near the ceiling of the enclosure as far away as she could possibly get from the weird plant thing coming out of the darkness in the middle of the room.

[ Location: The Veranda || EXP: 276 || +1 TEXP (1st post) || Attempting Dodge ]

Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:46 am

The member 'LittleMariko' has done the following action : Dices roll

'100 Roll' : 4
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:28 am

Apparently it was written in the stars that Iskra was to have a bad day. Perhaps blindly following the flying lightning man was not the best idea she ever had. At the very least whatever the kami was channeling, which would have likely blown them all to Barathrum Regnum, had failed, but she wouldn't know her luck. The hyena found herself unable to depart more than a few feet off of the ground, but she did have the presence of mind to whirl like a spotted viper and bite cleanly through the vine tendril holding her in place.

She coughed and spit, disliking the taste of vegetable matter from anywhere but a carcass, but the idiot thing had delayed her to the point that she would have ended up exposed to the spore...

Except that the spore didn't reach all the way to her. She hadn't progressed far past the library door when the thing sprang from the ground, and the spore only extended about fourteen feet.

The great hyena must have smiled on me, she thought. Had she let her pride get to her and make her run ahead of Jack, or had the plant's eruption from the ground been delayed much longer she might have tried to pounce on the good spirit. As things were, she stood on the far end of the room.

"What is that thing?" she growled.

[ Location: The Veranda || EXP: 391 || Actions: Broke bind with Strong Strength. Stunned for the turn. Thought I was out of plant AoE, but that was clarified ]

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:28 am

Unfortunately, the plant jizz gradually wafted over to where she stood, as she'd underestimated its range and didn't have enough time to fly up to the ceiling to avoid inhaling the stuff. It gave her a certain sickness... a confusion of the mind and a sickness in her stomach and these conditions amplified the considerable anxiety she was feeling before at the strangely offensive plant's presence.

"This is bad," she grumbled out independently of her thickened tongue, which protruded, black and swollen, from her mouth. It was the sort of feeling one might get at the dentist as the oral anesthetic took hold. She didn't really like it, but hopefully one of her friends had escaped the predicament safely.

[ Location: The Veranda || EXP: 213 ]

Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:41 am

Things went from bad, to worse. To worse. Seeing the Kami in front of him wasn't much of a bother, its what happened next when Iskra and the other fellow followed in behind him that really ticked him off. Plants. God damned plants. The things tried to wrap around him and hold him down, but in this form his strength was far too great to be held back by this megar attempt. ( Ascended Strength). Quickly jumping upwards ( Ascended speed), using flight to reach a height where the vines wouldn't be able to capture him again so easily. Not that it mattered much. The plant then released some kind of spore. And the Kami attempted to perform some sort of little parlour trick that failed horribly, no doubt due to the effects of whatever those spores were doing to them. Jack didn't particularly want to expose himself to them either. And thus was forced to attack this plant from long range in an attempt to keep things going.

"...Wither away and die, sun light will never reach you".

The power of Pride welled up within him. Stretching out to the plant as he began to drain it of its energy. At the same time. Hindering any will this thing had to exist, or for that matter. Fight back against Jack.

Attack Used: Prides Chalice:ABS (Stg2), BND Magical (Stg 2)====( Ascended Intellegence)
Form: Bad Wolf ( +2 all stats, Ascended)
EXP: 295
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
avatar

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:56 am

Current Quest
The Golden Tonberry

Level: Beginner
Location: Medius
Possible Prize: Bulk Barter Items
Start Date: Tuesday, May 24 - End Date: Friday, June 3

Response Post
[b]Jack’s attack is successful on the plant. It becomes very still and is bound. The absorption is successful on the plant. There is no other non accounted for movement in the room.

-----------------
- The Big Cheese -
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:15 am

The plant stopped moving as Jack's spell connected, he could feel the energy of the creature begining to move from it, into him. Coursing through his entire frame. Causing each blackened hair on his body to shudder slightly. Filled with renewed energy, and a round off ballsy attitude. He dived downwards, at a specific height cutting off his flight and letting gravity take over. Smashing into the main body of the flower. As he landed on it. He began to tear with his fangs. Ripping away at the vegetation. Truth be told it tasted horrible. Yet he didn't have much of a choice as far as things went. It was either that or slowly kill it off with Prides Chalice hoping it did nothing else. Then there was his so called " comrades " to think about. Yes. Lets go with that.
Attack Used: Melee Attack ( Dread Wolf: Perfected, Ascended Strength)
Form: Bad Wolf ( +2 all stats, Ascended)
EXP: 205


Last edited by Jack on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:15 am

The member 'Jack' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 5
Location : Almost Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:20 pm


..The Golden Tonberry
..Lethe, the Cryosamurai:
......On the other side of Iskra, Lethe didn't fare much better than his demonic leader, finding himself quickly snatched up by the ravenous vines as they advanced upon him. Even with all of his training he wasn't quick enough to move, and before he knew it he was bound to the ground by the force of the planet's vines. It was certainly something Lethe had never planned on having to counter in his life; after all, who'd ever heard of a sentient plant? Even if he hadn't been quick enough to physically evade the vine's grasp initially, luck appeared to be on his side in some small way as it turned out that he was able to counter the planet's own strength.

Of course, in truth it was in large part thanks to Samael, for ever since the kamikonjou had possessed him he'd found his strength to have increased greatly. There weren't a lot of advantages to the possession outside of combat abilities, but the physical and spiritual augmentation Samael presented proved itself time and time again in combat. Was it worth dealing with his psychotic rambling? At this point Lethe concluded it was, as even as he began to strain against the vines Samael made his opinion known. Sometimes about the vines making one of the demons easier to eat.

With each heavy heave the young samurai forced upon the containment of the vines, their once solid hold upon his body began to loosen. He felt his muscles tighten as he put more strength into it, the method of escape being more akin to resistance training rather than application of brute strength. Gradually, the vines themselves snapped under the force of his strength and he fell forward to the floor, coughing at the irritation that spores at wrought upon his body.


..Wordcount: 302
..EXP Gain: 341
..PWC Gain: 341
..Other: None
..OOC: Spent one turn bound (this one, just broke at the end since I'd be free next anyway)

-----------------
Lethe | Human Hybrid
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
avatar

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:59 pm

Current Quest
The Golden Tonberry

Level: Beginner
Location: Medius
Possible Prize: Bulk Barter Items
Start Date: Tuesday, May 24 - End Date: Friday, June 3

Response Post
Jack’s attack makes the plant vines all around shake like they’re in pain. The vines release anyone if they’re still bound. The plant flesh has the same properties as the pollen. By biting into it Jack is poisoned, stunned and fearful for 3 posts. The biting isn’t that bad tho, b/c the plant does not take heavy damage (-5 HP of 100). Because of his attack the plant focus on Jack instead of the others in the room.

--

OOC @ Jack – dread wolf is a style, not an attack. B/c you don’t have dread fang approved yet, you don’t really have anything that does damage in your wolf form. Even if you did, it’d probably be at novice. That don’t matter tho b/c of rule 1 of battle on the rule page: “Do not apply updates from other threads into a thread you are actively battling in.“ The quest started 5/24/11 which means you use this version of your bio for the duration of the quest. Keep this in mind for the future, pls.

Plant HP: 85 / 100

-----------------
- The Big Cheese -
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 56
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:51 am

As previously mentioned, I would be outside the veranda observing the current situation to better attain how I wanted to proceed. The things that I saw were startling. I was able to observe some of the people from earlier from behind the glass windows of the veranda, but then suddenly the ground shook to the effect where I could feel it outside as well. I saw a large plant creature come up out of nowhere and with that I had an idea of what lie before us in this lair. Obviously by witnessing the plight of those inside, I would opt not to enter through the veranda. I make the decision to scope out the back of the place first and to bypass this room. Looking to Eri, I give a nod to follow me and I start to move upwards towards the courtyard area coming around the veranda making sure to stay low and quiet in the dark as to scope out any enemies that may be present along the way. Luckily it is clear up to the point where I see the door that would lead into the drawing room. To the side there was the stairway that led up to the Terrance as well. With the drawing room a bit too close to the veranda, I decide to swiftly move up the Terrace stairway until I came to the rear of the great hall. If it were like normal great halls, it would have glass doors that made it possible to look out into the courtyard view from the inside. The reverse of this, I stay to the lower corner of the glass doors and or windows, based on whatever was available, and peer into the area that would be the Great Hall. Before able to enter into the Great Hall I would realize that I had left out the part about enemies being on the terrace. To my immediate right would be a pair of odd looking demonic semi humanoid semi animal creatures peering over at me curiously. With a dumb face I would give a smile and a way while slowly reaching for my sword, unless Eri was able to beat me to the punch and take them out before they saw me.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 378 / 2240 | Role: Adventurer

-----------------
"I am the Solution."
Jyn'rai Keirosuki [Techs] - Domen'Yun [Techs] - Asei Jyn [Techs]
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:14 am

Iskra snarled in fear and irritation, still utterly perplexed on how exactly a plant was fighting them. She half expected gravity to suddenly fail or for a white rabbit to rush past her with a stopwatch talking about some red queen. It was astoundingly stupid and dreadful all at once.

Yet, even though she lacked the dexterity of tongue to summon forth wicked spells to put the plant thing in its place, she had no intentions of letting this abomination run all over her. No. She was a hyena, and hyenas only grew more vicious when backed into a corner.

Still snarling nastily, she marched over the thistle-strewn floor and broke a thorn of unusual size from the vines wrapping the door. It was about as long as a small child was tall and felt sturdy enough to cut the relatively soft vegetable matter. Clutching it in her jaws, she looked over at her teacher and his efforts at tearing up the plant and how they failed.

It didn't matter. All she saw was red. "Lethe!" she shouted above the general din of battle with a snarl. "While the stupid thing is distracted!"

She'd wait for the cryosamurai to respond, and provided he got the general idea she would rush forward with all the speed she could muster, holding the thorn out in front of her like a jouster with a lance. Her plan was for them both to hit the same spot at the base of the massive plant and hopefully give it a nasty wound that would hinder its furthered ability to harm them.

[ Location: The Veranda || EXP: 374 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Actions:
> Gave up 1 DEX to tackle (Do we get to add our strength to this?) the plant with the "Momentum" mechanic
> Waited for Lethe so they could do it collaboratively
> 1/3 Status Effect left

Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:34 am


After dealing with the two guards I shift my gaze, glancing around for a moment before I begin to move away from the two dead bodies. Moving from the two dead I begin to move towards the mansion, shifting my gaze over the structure as I search for a way into the building. As I search for a way in I bring my gaze to rest upon what seem to be a set of stairs at what could be seen as the rear of the house. Lucky no other guards seemed to be between me and what has now become my destination. Making my way across the courtyard I come to the steps leading up to the mansion and begin to ascend them, quickly jumping up a few at a time before coming to the entrance into the mansion. Coming up to the door I reach out and try to open it but come to find that it wont budge. Finding the door wont budge I let out a soft growl and shift my gaze, glancing to one of the openings leading into the Veranda. Since the door wasn't going to let me in I raise from the ground and begin to move through the air, bursting through one of the openings leading into the Veranda. As I enter the Veranda my gaze falls upon the first thing that catches my attention, a large plant creature. Shifting my gaze from the creature for a brief moment I catch sight of others in the room that seem fending off the plant for there life. Shifting my gaze back to the strange plant creature I loosen grip on my chin and draw my arm back as I fly straight for the creature. As I move close to the creature I lash out, swinging my arm through the air and let the chain slide through my grip as I strike out at the plant creature with an attack.

Location[color=white]: Veranda

Attack: Whiplash (Trained | S1)

PWC: 325
Total WC: 1430

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:34 am

The member 'Rune' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Trained ]' :
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
avatar

Rep! : 2
Location : Baltiwhore

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:17 am



For some reason, the lightning would move forward a few feet before fizzling into nothing. The flashy light did not make me happy, in fact, it made me want to make sure that this thing worked. The others were doing their own work, which let me know that they were out of the way. Before I could even get my own way out of it, the vines loosened their grip. I could smell the demons from here, but would ignore that. For now, we had a common enemy that I would assist them in dispatching. Taking flight, my body would lift and move through the hole that I had created when entering. The timing would be nice, and I would pass a flying demon dog on my way out. It was nice to know that we could switch places this easily. Floating up in the air, my muscles would become slender before I threw my arms out one more time. This time, I would take a deep breath and exhale a few times to clear my system out, making sure that everything was going to work this time. I didn’t want to involve anyone below, however, they were demons and I was pretty confident they would disregard my life as fast as I would disregard theirs. If I could avoid dealing them harm I would at this point, so they would get a fair warning..
“Demons, move.”
That would be the only warning given from up here, where I was out of the range of the annoying plant critter.


275 / 2,790

Above Veranda
Walk : Political
Notes : Strong Stats
Techs :

-----------------
Sanzon Loki | Lightning Tome
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 19
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:53 am

After dispatching the outer guards near the fountain area, I press forward stealthily towards the estate. I believe that map made reference to the veranda to my right as well as a library. Now if there was treasure to be had, I would probably find it there. Let the others focus on shiny baubles, while I focus on the true gems of value. Knowledge and power are my objectives here. I hear commotion up ahead as skirmishes take place. They so completely defeated the whole purpose of us coming at night. This was supposed to be a quiet and precision based assault, but of course not. Great, now I need to hurry towards the library before they take everything of value. Moving into the estate, I notice that there are no guards in the area unless they have been killed already. Seeing no reason to disturb the order of anything, I just mosey on along and head in the direction of where I remember the library being drawn. On my way to the library, I notice a lot more commotion going on outside. "Hmm... that's where the veranda should be." I think to myself. I walk over in the direction and see several of the other people fighting against some sort of plant like creature. I prepare to join into the fray from the hallway leading out onto the veranda, but since there are so many out there, I figure they will be done soon enough and them being there means that the library should be safe. Observing a moment longer, no one seems to be hurting the creature. Observing for a moment longer, nope, all of them in there and it's still alive? "Void, disrupt it all." A "force field" of spatial distortions surrounds my form as I start harnessing energy to me. There seems to be this little problem of an obstructed path... hmm... "This is in the way." Minor Distortion would erupt at the entrance to clear a view to see and target the plant monster.

"Enemy confirmed." An orb appears in my right hand before the chant continues, "Target in sights." A second orb forms within my left hand. The right orb is released first at the plant creature. Followed almost instantly by the left orb. There would be a moment's delay to account for any trajectory shifts that might need to be made if the plant creature moved or was knocked around from the first attack. If I started to feel the Disruptive Field weaken around me, it would be renewed instantly with the chant, "Void, protect." Minor Rip would be unleashed in rapid succession since I knew that I could spam cast this power without draining myself quickly.

I needed to get to the library but I needed them to keep any other guards busy while I search for useful texts or scrolls. Honestly, I have nothing against the plant, but it's impeding the progress of me furthering my knowledge and as such, it is in the way. If my assault is successful I would not say anything to anyone, I would simply turn from the entrance and leave for the library. Can't lose focus.


EXP: 549
Location: Veranda
Current Action: Disruptive Field (recasted as necessary) then Minor Distortion on the entrance for targetting purposes and Minor Rip Stage 2 - Mastered Affinity (spammed until the plant monster is dead)
Objectives: Entered estate, defeated fountain area guards, engaged Plant Monster

Roll 1: Disruptive Field
Roll 2: Minor Rip

-----------------
"I Will Strike First and I Will Strike Last. Order calls for your neutralization."
Kautuka - Mystic Hybrid | The Art of War


Last edited by Kazatul on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Minor Distortion to the post to clear the entrance.)
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:53 am

The member 'Kazatul' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '[ Mastered ]' :


--------------------------------

#2 '[ Mastered ]' :
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 5
Location : Almost Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:15 am


..The Golden Tonberry
..Lethe, the Cryosamurai:
......Lethe's coughing didn't get any better with time. Whatever this thing was it definitely packed a punch with it's spores. Images of little plants sprouting up from within his own body entered Lethe's mind, some sort of horror scenario because of the spores. That was how plants reproduced, right? Through spores? Lethe wasn't exactly sure and the prospect the he'd just gotten plant ... stuff in his respiratory system was disturbing to say the least. But he had bigger things to worry about, such as the raging plant that took up the bulk of the room, attacking their oni acquaintance and releasing the bond he'd had on him and Iskra. Apparently she wanted to counter attack.

......No matter how much he tried to immediately concentrate on the impending doom the plant sought to drop down upon them all, the young samurai's attention was drawn to a rather peculiar sight. Up at the top of the chamber was the blonde haired fellow Iskra and that pompous Oni had mentioned before. Apparently he looked tasty, in the same sense that Samael insisted that Jack, Iskra, and demons like them tasted like a finely baked chicken with herbs and spices. But, back to the tasty blonde man, he appeared to be flying now. Flying of course wasn't what struck Lethe as strange, but it was actually the fact that man kept flying into the barrier the vines had cast over the entrance that once crested the ceiling. The only way Lethe could rationalize this is that the pollen had made the man delirious, as he looked like a bird that kept flying into a sheet of glass.

......Shaking his head, Lethe shouted back in confirmation to Iskra, taking off into a dead sprint and keeping pace with her, using his own strength to augment her own to commence a particularly malicious attack upon the mighty natural abomination.


..Wordcount: 312
..EXP Gain: 358
..PWC Gain: 358
..Other: +1 TEXP (June 1, gained 250 EXP)
..OOC: > Gave up 1 DEX to tackle the plant with the "Momentum" mechanic
> Collaborated with Iskra for added effect
> 1/3 Status Effect left


-----------------
Lethe | Human Hybrid
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Rep! : 14

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:41 pm


The Golden Tonberry
Body parts of the now dead fiends fall to my feet and turn into pyreflies. Turning quickly to back up Jyn as he leads us across the lawn to the area around the veranda. It seems as though we're the last ones to get here, and it seems like we all think a similar in going to the same area to invade the enemy's lair from. My back is pressed to the stone wall as Jyn peeks over the edge to look if the way is clear or not. With the blades running the length of my forearms as I watch the rear.

A sweat bead draws on my cheek as are planed path to inside becomes blocked by some type of vein wall. Pant fiends are really annoying and I'm not upset at all about being left out on playing with it. I glance over at Jyn with a 'what now' look and see his nod. Following him it seems that we're going to go around back through the courtyard area to bypass the plant fiend. We come around to the steps of the terrace. I wait and watch as Jyn goes up them before following. My form stay close to the wall as I move up to watch his back as he checks things up ahead. Things would be going a lot smoother if it was just the two of use. I don't find it good to be in a pack of lone wolves like this. My eyes narrow as Jyn seems to over look odd looking things that are watching him as he peeks through the glass. A single extends from my grip of my blade as dark energy flows down my arm and arcs out from the tip of my finger in a bolt of black lightning to take out one of the fiends.

xp: 308/ 1412
loc: H-15


-----------------
"I am the Rebel"
Lightning | Army of One
Shukumei | Reign of Fire
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Ah yes, poison. That would explain just why the plant tasted terrible. Suddenly he was begining to regret diving down to rip this thing apart in the first place. But the plant had released the others. So perhaps it was not all in vain. Although now as a side effect he was striken by the same poison that had hit them all in the spores. Salivating from the mouth as the poison began to run through his veins, colliding with the demonic icore in the taint. Eventually his demonic powers would overcome this poison but for now he would just have to deal with it. Which was saying something. Anyone who has ever been poisoned will tell you just about how not pleasant the experience is. Jack akinned it to being striken with a terrible disease. The effects were much the same. The body fighting off the toxins as opposed to harmful viral bodies or bacteria. The strange thing was in both cases it was usually the bodies fight that caused most of the discomfort. For Jacks case, there was a spreading numbness that began in his jaws and spread out into the rest of his body. And then. The thoughts.

Paranoia. Fear of the unknown, it was a regular side effect of mind altering neurotoxins. And it seemed to be something spreading through him right about now. It began with this, ringing in his ears. Like a white noise that slowly grew and grew. Louder and louder. Then, images flashing through his eyes. That door in the library, cracked and yellow. Signs of burning. Locks on the door. And in that black glass window. No, not black glass. The glass was clear. But the darkness behind it was so thick. So perfect. It seemed to stretch out from behind there. And then...the only two lights in that darkness. Two eyes. Yellow eyes. And the sounds of laughing. There were voices on the outside of this laughing, but they were distant. The door and the darkness and the yellow eyes seemed all the more real to Jack at this stage, the dread wolf would appear to be shaking. Whether this was through the effects of the poison. Or fear of the door and what lay behind it. No one would know, not even he. Jack was genuinely wary of the door and whatever was behind it.But terrified. Not usually. But it had been a growing concern lately.

Jack was however snapped back into reality by the sounds of two bodies colliding with the plant, and the words. " Move. Demons". The flashes of the door.For the moment. Began to occur less frequently. The sounds of the laughter still in his head, but more faint. Less real. He could concentrate on the here and now. And what needed to be done. Iskra and her little friend seemed to have tackled the plant. How much good that would do. He didn't really know. The fear pulsing through him caused endorphins to be released into him. Pumped full of fight or flight response. The dread wolf had only one response.

" Fuck it"

He let out a snarl and charged at the plant once again. Forcing his full weight and strength into the side of the creature. He was hoping his strength after the tackle of the other two would be enough to at least topple this herbal creature.
Form: Bad Wolf ( +2 all stats, Ascended)
2/3 posts of status remaining
EXP: 655
Actions:
Gave up 1 DEX to tackle the plant with the "Momentum" mechanic
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
avatar

Rep! : 2
Location : Baltiwhore

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:47 pm




The air would be cool and crisp in the night, leaving me time to focus while I hovered above the veranda. The scene below was really not getting any better now that people were diving directly at the plant. Common sense told me to get a sword, but I didn’t carry a weapon, just armor. My breathing would stabilize, while both arms shot directly outwards. I had given a fair warning, and now, I could focus enough to light this place up. While fire may have been a better way to go, this method seemed easiest for me since I had neither flame, nor the ability to manifest it like others. There were a few characters that I had wished were here right now due to their ability to control the flames. Bringing my focus back to reality, I hoped they had heeded my warning from below. I was unsure whether or not they would be able to move or not, but at this point the enemy was more important of an issue.
“Ignite the spark - Andante Flourish.”
The same procedure as before would occur, with a deep inhale to slowly filter energy, and move the negative portions to both hands. Holding it, the electricity would increase to the point where a spark would jump between my arms in front of me, giving off a blue light. When it felt just about right, the positive charges would be sent careening through my body until they collided with the negative ones. The result this time would be completely different than before. My entire body would be used as a catalyst to send a giant blast of electricity nearly seventy five feet wide straight at the veranda. The lightning would probably light up the area, making it easier for anyone outside to see what they were doing as well. Hopefully, this stupid plant would get sizzled this time around.


358/ 3,148

Above Veranda
Walk : Political
Notes : Strong Stats, andante flourish, Damage 3 (+1.5), AOE 3(25 yards)
Techs :

-----------------
Sanzon Loki | Lightning Tome
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:47 pm

The member 'Ashurei' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:21 pm

Seeing as "the entrances are blocked with dense spiked/thorny vines (doors, walls & ceiling)", presumably including the hole in the ceiling that the lightning kami had come through, and that a "puff of pollen" had flown into the air that inflicted stun, stun being defined as "A mental or nervous hindrance that disables the target's ability to use magix techs or techs that require channeling", including but not limited to anything with the word "lightning" in it that incorporates actual lightning, for a period of time that hadn't yet passed, and seeing as fresh air does not constitute status-condition-nullifying support magic, as sense would dictate that the poison would still be in one's system even after he removed himself from the source of the poison much as a person isn't suddenly cured of a snakebite with a simple removal of the snake's fangs from his skin, Iskra found she didn't have any time to try and figure out why the kami was running himself into the thorns in the ceiling and shrieking about sparks and for them to move. It was probably a side effect of the paranoia-inducing spores in his morally inflexible, light-spirit brain. Maybe he didn't want to see anyone, including dark spirits, become subject to hurt. It didn't matter. She could feel the swelling in her tongue going down gradually, and the mystical properties of her body were beginning to return.

And Lethe got the idea as well. It was good to have an ally.

In but a few moments, she thought, those exposed to the initial puff of poison would regain their abilities and could attack it normally if they were like her.

[ Location: The Veranda || EXP: 398 || +1 TEXP (1st post) ]

Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
avatar

Rep! : 2
Location : Baltiwhore

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:52 pm

.


Last edited by Ashurei on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:52 pm

The member 'Ashurei' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
avatar

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:02 pm

Current Quest
The Golden Tonberry

Level: Beginner
Location: Medius
Possible Prize: Bulk Barter Items
Start Date: Tuesday, May 24 - End Date: Friday, June 3

Participating Members:
 
Iskra’s & Lethe’s bum rush hits the plant for a fair amt of dmg (strong x 2 unguarded = 25 dmg each). Yuki’s able to breaks thru the plant’s barrier (strong stats vs strong barrier) but misses his attack (alpha roll fail) b/c either he attacked wrong or the still plant is very agile (hypnotic swaying yo). B/c it’s under attack, the plant doesn’t recover the whole in the barrier. This lets Ash fly through where Yuki came in. Kaz’s minor rip opens a path @ the Library entrance to the veranda, but it takes 2 of them to make a big enough hole. Jack’s coletrain rush finishes off the plant (ascended x1 unguarded = 75 dmg). The impact causes the plant to whither and fall crashing down the hole. The hole becomes an entrance to the basement.

The STE goes away to those affected by it. Several (10) Large Poison Plant Herbal Leaves (uncommon, makes great tea that stuns, poisons, and makes the drinker fearful for 3 posts) are left behind to whoever grabs them.

If the basement is entered: @ first the area that the plant reveals has no lights. The dead plant bulb afterglows and gives a little bit of light. The walls are decayed so they look more like a cavern. Spider webs and dust are everywhere. There’s a bunch of roots w/the dead plant on top, a wide open parlor. There’s a bar, stage, pool table and furniture. 5 skeletons are scattered around w/ dire rats (average) running around everywhere (that would probably attack sporadically). There’s a hall @ the end of the parlor w/several doors. There’s a dim light under one of the doors.

The library is filled with books from the ancient world. There’s a ladder against bookshelf for easy access. Books are mostly all words, few pictures, topics ranging from finances, project management, leadership, philosophy, etc. There’s a TON of books. Leather bound, no paperback crap. Library has a desk w/an old computer that doesn’t work. Letter opener, lamp that doesn’t work and common items are on desk.

The grand hall is a wide open area w/ a black and white checkered floor. Dusty grounds w/remnants of plant roots leading into the library & veranda. Small elaborate furniture, pictures on the wall of the ppl who used to live here before the dawn and their generations upon generations of ancestors. “**” marks the entrance to the stairs that lead either up or to the basement. Upstairs described when ppl get to the entrance.

Note completed objectives in your posts.
* Weekend objective 1 – Reach the mansion’s 5-acre estate/yard (not all of it is contained in the weathered map). (Objective Completion Expired)
* Weekend objective 2 – Enter the first floor of the mansion. (Objective Completion Expired)
* Side objective 1 - Take out at least 1 set of assorted npc baddies. (Objective Completion Expired)
* Side objective 2 - Defeat the Plant creature! (Objective Completion Expired)
* Weekday objective 2 – Find the entrance to either the 2nd floor or the basement.
* Weekday objective 3 – Enter the 2nd floor or the basement.

A1234567891011121314151617181920
B                                
C    !!                            
D   !!   !!                          
E                                  
F                                
G                                  
H     !!                 !!          
I             !!                    
J                              !!  
K                   **              
L                                 
M                     !!            ?!?
N                                  
O                                  
P                !!                
Q                                  
R                                  
S                                 
T                                 

-----------------
- The Big Cheese -
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Jack was, far too distracted at the time to notice the angel creatures odd movements. Lethe and Iskra had successfully struck the plant with the blow of their bodies. However it didn't seem enough to take it down completely and utterly. Jack however. His strength and speed were more than enough to smash into the monster, finishing it off once and for all. As the creature withered and died. Jack felt the effects of the poison wearing off. The paranoia and fear fading out, the laughter in his head folowing it. The flashes of the door, getting slow and then stopping all together. Jack breathed in deeply. And then looked over at Iskra and Lethe. " For what its worth you two performed amacably". He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth before peering down into the abyss left by the plant. " Perhaps you arn't just food after all..". His eyes were then drawn up to the Kami. "...Him on the other hand...". A grunt a snarl. And Jack would jump down into the basement area. The remnants of the plant that were left down here gave a faint afterglow. Lighting up the room enough for him to see slightly.

" Justifiably....if theres a large monster..plant or no...guarding something.....it means there must be something worth guarding...".

Jack was speaking aloud to himself. Thinking that perhaps the little trek with the plant monster hadn't been a complete waste of time after all. Jack didn't move after that, he was going to wait and see if anyone else came down. As odd as it had sounded. The others ( well, some of them) had actually come in handy during that little fight. It was more than likely a better idea if he stuck with them for now.
Form: Bad Wolf ( +2 all stats, Ascended)
2/3 posts of status remaining
EXP: 375
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:45 pm

It worked! The hyena demon grinned as the plant shriveled in upon itself and died. Owned. Thoroughly. Yes.

The little creature, still full of spite despite the victory they now shared, looked up through the hole in the ceiling at the kami there (assuming his attack didn't go off, it seemed implied that it didn't). He was the one who led them there with his tastiness to the plant and she was more than a little irate, blaming him for the whole ordeal and wishing to use her temporarily denied magic on an unoffending target. Demons weren't nice, after all, and were often quite unreasonable. For now, she didn't follow the hellwolf down into the freshly revealed hole.

"Lethe, pick up those leaves. They're probably rare," she commanded outright. "külm nagu haud."

The second, quickly mumbled part of her speech was actually a chant. Symbols, visible only to Iskra, began to float from the bottom of the floor with surprising speed, swirling around themselves until they formed a narrow funnel, reaching up like an invisible tendril towards the kami floating there. They moved abnormally fast, in fact, and soon they'd be bearing down on the kami. Should they make contact with his body, the symbols would draw all the heat from an area of his body, effectively leaving it frostbitten and painful.

She wasn't sure how far she actually wanted to take the battle in her somewhat weakened state, but she felt like she had to lash out at something, at least. The darkness of the basement almost seemed safer than remaining here in the light

[ Location: The Veranda || EXP: 345 ]

Actions:
> Frostbite [Perfected]: DMG (1)

Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:45 pm

The member 'LittleMariko' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Perfected ]' :
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 5
Location : Almost Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:33 pm


..The Golden Tonberry
..Lethe, the Cryosamurai:
......Both Iskra and Lethe struck the planet with the entirety of their bodies, their own intertia no doubt increasing the effectiveness of their truly reckless attack. If plants could roar, the samurai was quite sure he heard it do something kin to that emitted by the creature. Lethe didn't have much time to admire his or Iskra's handiwork, though, because no matter how much they felt it was an effective attack the plant was still alive ... at the moment. It's The towering floral abomination didn't truly begin to have a bad day until that prideful Oni decided to have his own go at it.

......The demon, who at this time was in the form of some type of wolf similar to how Iskra transformed into a hyena, physically assaulted the plant. The state he was in must have significantly increased his abilities, as the single blow from him was apparently enough to dispatch their common enemy. The powerful blow sent the plant reeling, withering at the same time, and it fell in agony down the very hole it had created to enter the veranda. It didn't occur to Lethe until now that maybe Samael was on to something with this consumption of such beings. They all seemed to have a significant amount of power, and if he truly found a way to convert their essence into energy for himself, it would definitely prove to be a useful ability down the line.

......Erupting into another coughing fit, the effects of the spores hit Lethe once again, but this time would prove to be the last as his coughing actually loosened the spores from his lungs and sent them mucous covered into his hands. It was amazing how such small things could wreak such havoc on one's body, but with the foreign objects now gone his body fought off whatever poisonous effects lingered and his instantly found himself feeling better; free of all effects of the insidious spores.

......Walking shortly to his left, Lethe did as he was told and picked up all (10) of the leaves that were left over by the felled plant. He ripped a small piece of his clothing and wrapped the leaves in that, not wanting them to come in contact with his skin since he assumed they would be as poisonous as the plant was. Having a plant, or at least leaves, that could poison people would definitely be a useful item to have in the future.

......It seemed the group's combat lull would be short lived however, as either accidentally or intentionally his matriarch attacked the flying man in the sky. Anticipating a response that would be none too kind, Lethe began to call upon a friend of his ...


..Wordcount: 454
..EXP Gain: 504
..PWC Gain: 504
..Other: +1 TEXP (June 2, gained 250 EXP)
..OOC: > Status effects' ended.
> Picked up the 10 leaves.
> Began transformation process.


-----------------
Lethe | Human Hybrid


Last edited by Lydeck on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 19
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:34 pm

The library... finally! Looking around, I find several books, but much to my displeasure, everything is written in the same weird characters or words that is called "Relic Tongue". This is quite a find, but nothing really jumps out at me or is decipherable for that matter... that is until I see the old computer. I have no clue what it is, but I know a group that either does know or certainly wants to know and they will be willing to trade for its parts. So I make a mental note to return to retrieve the computer. The letter opener could be traded to assassins or mercs who need a weapon that is easy to conceal and some of the other items on the desk could be traded to scribes and such for different goods. I will definitely return to this room to spend a few days in here until I am able to figure out if any of these books are useful or I'll just find people who can read it!

Leaving the library, I head for the stairs leading up in order to head upstairs and find out what's up there. After all, I was technically here on a job, so I had better stay focused on that. Moving along, I spot a couple of strange creatures in the middle of the Great Hall. I honestly think to go around them, but instead... "Void, erupt around them." My voice is calm as the incantation releases. The energies of the Void continue to flow to me. My immersion into the Void keeps me channeling energy from and into it. It is truly like a continuous cycle. A Void Orb appears in my left hand and then a second one in my right hand. "Release and clear my obstacles." The two orbs are released one after another before they blast into the two creatures patrolling the great hall.

With that now dealt with, I continue along to the staircase. There is a second set of stairs heading down into a basement like area, but I don't really fancy going down there with all the commotion going on up here. Can't have the ceiling caving in on me while I'm down there. So instead, my right foot leads the way up the stairs and upon making it to the top I pause and look around to assess the area and recall the map in my head. Now... which way should I check first?

EXP: 430
Location: Top of Stairs (2nd floor)
Action: Red !! in Great Hall eliminated

-----------------
"I Will Strike First and I Will Strike Last. Order calls for your neutralization."
Kautuka - Mystic Hybrid | The Art of War
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:30 am

Losing patience and hearing a bit more of a rucus upstairs. Jack determined that it was better sticking to his original plan of. Fuck everyone else. Find the princess. kill the princess. Drain her blood. Looking around the basement he saw an overturned pool table and some skeletons. Likely eaten by the dire rats now running all over. Snarling at one and sending it scurrying away. He pressed forward, turning his head left and seeing a hall with several doors, one in particular at the end, with a light showing under it. He thought to himself. "...So..something living in here after all besides rats and giant plant monsters...". Perhaps it was this creature that had abducted the princess. Perhaps it was just another monster, one that this time liked reading by candle light. Who knew.

As he drew closer, something began to vaguely prod at his spiritual senses. There definatly was something behind this door. Something that was begining to make the taint in his blood grow warm. Steeling himself against whatever he'd find inside. Jack cautiously pushed the door open with his head, and slowly moved inside...

Form: Bad Wolf ( +2 all stats, Ascended)
EXP: 262
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
avatar

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:52 am

Current Quest
The Golden Tonberry

Level: Beginner
Location: Medius
Possible Prize: Bulk Barter Items
Start Date: Tuesday, May 24 - End Date: Friday, June 3

Participating Members:
 
Upstairs covers the half of the mansion west of the Great Hall to the far west wing (i.e. area over the kitchen). So when you get up stairs the area that the stairs are at overlooks the Great Hall all majestic like. Behind it is a hallway. That hallway leads to the end of the west wing. On both sides of the hallways there are three different doors. Of these six doors, 1 is a bathroom and the others are different bedroom suites (choose yo doow).

Light opens into the hall while Jack opens the door. The light is from a magic orb of energy. The room is a bathroom. Inside the bathroom is a water well (toilet). A small (2 ft tall) green goblin (not a Tonberry) lifts his head out of the well (toilet) and looks at Jack. Jack is very scary looking. The goblin poops a little on the floor. This is easy b/c he’s not wearing pants. There are no more spirit signatures on this half of the room and the rest of the basement is dark. If he looked around a little more, he’d be able to tell the princess was not in the basement.

Note completed objectives in your posts.
* Weekend objective 1 – Reach the mansion’s 5-acre estate/yard (not all of it is contained in the weathered map). (Objective Completion Expired)
* Weekend objective 2 – Enter the first floor of the mansion. (Objective Completion Expired)
* Side objective 1 - Take out at least 1 set of assorted npc baddies. (Objective Completion Expired)
* Side objective 2 - Defeat the Plant creature! (Objective Completion Expired)
* Weekday objective 2 – Find the entrance to either the 2nd floor or the basement.
* Weekday objective 3 – Enter the 2nd floor or the basement.
* Weekday objective 4 – Locate the princess.

A1234567891011121314151617181920
B                                
C    !!                            
D   !!   !!                          
E                                  
F                                
G                                  
H     !!                 !!          
I             !!                    
J                              !!  
K                   **              
L                                 
M                     !!            ?!?
N                                  
O                                  
P                !!                
Q                                  
R                                  
S                                 
T                                 

-----------------
- The Big Cheese -
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 19
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:06 am

Turning west at the top of the stairs, I did not have time to enjoy the stunning view of the great hall. I need to expedite this search process. I move to the middle of the hallway and after drawing in enough energy from the Void, I create two orbs in my hands and if there are doorknobs, that would be my target on Door #4. "Remove obstacle." The second orb would be in my hands in order to attack anything that might be lurking around waiting to attack me! If there is nothing in this room, this process would be repeated on door 3.

EXP: 108
Action: Picked Door 4

-----------------
"I Will Strike First and I Will Strike Last. Order calls for your neutralization."
Kautuka - Mystic Hybrid | The Art of War
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 56
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:49 am

Luckily for me, Eri takes up the slack for me in her attacking the one of the creatures before they can get the jump on us. My body and persona swiftly shift to that of Battousai as my eyes go dull and I shift forward swiftly over the Terrance floor. The spark attack had hit one of the creatures and diverted the attention of the other. By the time they realize that I am upon them, my blade is already slashing at neck level of the unaffected one and in turning, the blade thrusts through the back of the neck of the one hit by the bolt. Pivoting back the other way, I pull the blade out, flick it to the side and sheath it around the time the first one’s head slowly falls opposite its body and the second one falls dully onto the ground. My persona shifts back to Jyn’Kai as I look to Eri and nod a gesture of ‘good work’ before returning my attention to the glass door in front of the Great Hall. Just as I am looking into the Great Hall, I see the white haired Little Hunter attacking and taking out the creatures that were inside. With that, at least it was safe to enter on my point, so I bash in the window with the hilt portion of my sword and make a large enough hole for me and Eri to fit through. After the breaking and entry, I motion to the staircase and proceed in that direction a few moments after Little Hunter. I would be coming up the stairs, reaching the balcony level by the time he is in the process of entering his first room.

Persona: Jyn'Rai | Timeline: 20 AD (Before reaching Rajeh) | EXP: 293 / 2533 | Role: Adventurer | Location: Upper Balcony

-----------------
"I am the Solution."
Jyn'rai Keirosuki [Techs] - Domen'Yun [Techs] - Asei Jyn [Techs]
Back to top Go down
Rune
Supreme Mystic
Supreme Mystic
avatar

Rep! : 10

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:10 am


As I miss my mark with the my chain I let out a growl as I draw my arm back and get ready to launch into a second attack, though before I can unleash a second attack upon the large plant creature another strange creature seems to strike it along with others and deal a telling blow to the large plant creature, killing it before I can even land a damaging attack upon the thing. I let out a growl as I watch the creature fall to its death leaving behind a large hole in the ground under it that seems to lead to another area. My objective was to find some princess here though her location wasn't exactly known to me so some searching will need to be done.. With this in mind I let out a soft sign and begin to descend, moving towards the large hole the plant had made in the ground. Moving down into the hole the strange plant had made with its death I glance around for a moment, trying to get a good look at everything though the low amount of light make seeing everything a bit difficult. Moving on I begin to notice things in the area, some furniture a pool table bar and even a few skeletons along with some large rats. On any other day I might take the time to deal with these pests though right now I have a mission at hand I must take care of before I can do other things. Moving through the air I press on past he dire rats moving into a hall with many doors. Letting out a light growl as I glance at some of the doors I move forwards, making my way to one of the closed doors before landing on the ground. Reaching out I open the door and step forwards into the room, glancing around in search of the princess.

PWC: 325
Total WC: 1755[/color]

-----------------
Yuki | Techs
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Intern
Intern
avatar

Rep! : 5
Location : Almost Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:21 pm


..The Golden Tonberry
..Lethe Transformed: Samael, the Kamikonjou Enforcer
......Transformation. The process itself was something that was completely indescribable to the young samurai at first. In fact, the first time he'd transformed long ago it was by pure accident. Sure, even then he was aware of the fact that a kamikonjou - or a supposed good spirit - had possessed his body and made him it's vessel, but he'd never actually seen it outside of his childhood visions after his recovery and the lifelike trial Samael had put him through. The latter was the most interesting to be sure, as upon the challenging of a particularly powerful demon, Samael drew Lethe's consciousness into his and put the young man through the gauntlet, seeing if he was truly worthy to use the spirit's power. Lucky for Lethe he had passed, and Samael granted him additional fighting strength to fend off that malicious Oni. But after that, for the longest time, he never heard nor transformed to use the powers of the kami. It wasn't until he had a heavy emotional release did it come back to him about a year ago.

......Even once he realized it was something he could do with enough concentration and sheer will of force, he wasn't very good at it for the first few months. Some of the transformations failed, while others didn't utilize the full strength. Over time though he gradually learned to master it. Control while in the form was the most paramount thing to learn, as Samael wasn't exactly the most sane minded spirit to have controlling your body in unison. Early on he lost control several times - eating the first demon he'd slain - and since then he'd worked on pure control. It wasn't completely mastered but he'd gotten it to the point he could prevent him from attacking something he didn't want. Once he did attack something, though, that particular target was in for a bad day.

......It only took him a few seconds to complete, but the amount of concentration that went into it made the time seem like it went longer to Lethe. Outside of the mansion, thick clouds shrouded the area, the temperature dropped, and light flakes of snow fell. It was all part of the peculiar set of effects Samael had outside of Lethe. The environment changed upon transformation, bringing about the cold nature of Samael's true nature. Lethe's body morphed in a flash, and where once a tall trim young man stood, a towering armored entity brooded. The transformed Lethe gave a heavy exhale, a deep cackle escaping his throat in the process. He didn't even wait to say anything, and instead turned to focus on their airborne target; his first priority would be to protect Iskra and provide support.

......"Sorry, friend. But what the lady wants to die, must die!" Erupting into sadistic laughter, Lethe's cold gaze fell upon the en flight kami in the air. His eyes flashed a bright blue, and a debilitation struck his target (STE: Stun). Without magic, he'd be unable to counter attack Lethe's master.


..Wordcount: 503
..EXP Gain: 577
..PWC Gain: 577
..Other: None[/color]
..OOC: > Transformed: +1 All Stats
> Used "Samael's Icy Gaze". Inflicts Stun, targeted at Ashurei


-----------------
Lethe | Human Hybrid


Last edited by Lydeck on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:21 pm

The member 'Lydeck' has done the following action : Dices roll

'[ Honed ]' :
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Ah....lovely. The very thoughts that went through Jacks mind the moment he saw the tiny goblin in the toilet area deficate itself at his sight. At this stage he was really begining to wonder if there was a princess in this mansion at all. Or if this had all just been that hobos pipe dream from the very begining. Regardless. This meant with no other spiritual things in the basement. That there was nothing else in here. He grumbled something as he walked back down the hall in which he came. Incomprehensable what he was saying really but it was something about goblins and toilets. Jack had to think though, just what had been the purpose of that giant plant if not for guarding something in the basement. Coincidence? Random pet of some kind of derranged gardener? There was no point in thinking about it really. This time instead of heading back up through the veranda, which he assumed by the sounds of things had turned into another complete and utter warzone, he ascended the stairs and knocked the door to the great hall open with his head.

Once again in this place. So much time wasted killing that plant, so much time wasted searching the basement. It was hardly worth the trouble of taking time out of his main goal to see this through, rare ingredient or no. However, he would give it one last go. Heading up the stairs towards the second floor.
Form: Bad Wolf ( +2 all stats, Ascended)
EXP: 310
Actions: Moved out of basement and up towards the second floor
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
avatar

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Current Quest
The Golden Tonberry

Level: Beginner
Location: Medius
Possible Prize: Bulk Barter Items
Start Date: Tuesday, May 24 - End Date: Friday, June 3

Participating Members:
 
Kaz blows door 4 off da hinges. This is one of the master bedrooms. It’s pretty elaborate on the inside with a big Victorian like bed w/the curtains and everything. Inside the room, two monsters like the alien on alien vs predator but furry are getting it on. They both look up. Their special moment was interrupted so they get all up in Kaz’s grill like “oh no you didn’t!” The first one runs at him extending massive arm blades. The second one hides behind the bed and covers up. O.o

Yuki opens the door to a former storage room. There’s no princess in there, but on one side there are common items (x5) like rakes, shovels, hoes, other yard equipment and work clothes that might be useful to farmers or something. On the other side there is a wine rack with over 100 selections of wine (common). If he wanted to, Yuki could take as much as he could carry, but it might slow him down. Yuki would be able to hear some noise on the first floor above him in the Kitchen/Billiard area. o.O

Note completed objectives in your posts.
* Weekend objective 1 – Reach the mansion’s 5-acre estate/yard (not all of it is contained in the weathered map). (Objective Completion Expired)
* Weekend objective 2 – Enter the first floor of the mansion. (Objective Completion Expired)
* Side objective 1 - Take out at least 1 set of assorted npc baddies. (Objective Completion Expired)
* Side objective 2 - Defeat the Plant creature! (Objective Completion Expired)
* Weekday objective 2 – Find the entrance to either the 2nd floor or the basement.
* Weekday objective 3 – Enter the 2nd floor or the basement.
* Weekday objective 4 – Locate the princess BEFORE 5 PM EST.

A1234567891011121314151617181920
B                                
C    !!                            
D   !!   !!                          
E                                  
F                                
G                                  
H     !!                 !!          
I             !!                    
J                              !!  
K                   **              
L                                 
M                     !!            ?!?
N                                  
O                                  
P                !!                
Q                                  
R                                  
S                                 
T                                 

-----------------
- The Big Cheese -
Back to top Go down
Rek
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Rep! : 14

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:38 pm


The Golden Tonberry
With the tag team the creatures are quickly taken care off with a dark blast and Jyn cutting the head off the other one. I nod back to Jyn with a 'no sweat.' before moving up to the with him. The glass door is busted open and we make our way inside the Great Hall of the old mansion. I take note of the nice floors with the black and white checkered pattern. Following Jyn as he motions to the staircase, I wonder what the flooring is made from as we move across it. Quickly moving up the stairs the balcony I glance down the hall way to see the cloaked guy blasting door open.... Wasn't really sure what that is about it. Opening a door like that seems like it would be more work than just... opening. I glances at Jyn to motion at the door across the hall from us before I move in to check it out. Not sure why I was still trying to be sneaking about with the other guy blowing doors down but if something is inside then maybe it will be a heavy sleeper and not hear what is going on or just doesn't care. I could just knock and say 'housekeeping... housekeeping you want me to jack you off?' for all it matters now. I'll test the door to see if it is locked and if it is I'll use my thieving skills to pick it and open it; if it isn't then I'll just crack the door open to peep inside.

xp: 260/ 1672
loc: upstairs. Oping door #2


-----------------
"I am the Rebel"
Lightning | Army of One
Shukumei | Reign of Fire
Back to top Go down
Ashurei
Elder Member
Elder Member
avatar

Rep! : 2
Location : Baltiwhore

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:50 pm




The sky would be a strange color. Looking down at the two spirits below, I wondered how one of my kind could be in works with the dark ones. It was rather frustrating to have to fight in a two on one, but that was something that didn’t really bother me. With the skies turning grey, my right arm would move towards the sky before an electrical pressure would befall those around me. While his transformation took time to do, mine was instantaneous. Now that there were two people to fight, thinking strategically would be the best part of my advantage. Since there was distance between us, and I had to be within a close proximity for most of my personal abilities to be effective. The imperfections of my ranged abilities were already becoming a pain, leading me to schedule massive amounts of training in later. Out of the corner of my eye, things would go from bad to worse. Gargoyles had spotted me in the air. While I had preferred to only fight one battle, a three on one would be extremely difficult at my current level of capability. The cold around me was a nuisance as well, leaving my skin feeling tingly, and my ears really, really cold.
“spark the enemy.”
A blue spark would form at the end of my finger as I wrapped my hand into a gun shape. Aiming it down towards the ground, the blue lightning bolt would be fired (before stun would be cast since it has to travel after a timed transformation).
From there, my body would dart to the right, twisting around to land on the roof of the house. Standing on the edge of it, I would look down at them. If they wanted a fight, they could bring it up here to me.


367/ 3,515

In air 2 stories above Veranda
Walk : Political
Notes : Transformation Instant, targetting Lethe
Techs : Bolt, Damage 2 (+1)

-----------------
Sanzon Loki | Lightning Tome
Back to top Go down
Pennywise
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 26
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:08 pm

The moment the door was opened on the second floor to the monster sex, well. Jack cursed his damned awesome sense of hearing. He shuddered. Stopped, and turned around. He heard too much of that happening on a regular basis in the underworld. It was one of the main reasons for him keeping the Seat of Pride rather reculsive. Mosnter sex, wasn't his kind of thing. Hearing it was enough. Seeing it. Well. God help whowever had opened that door. He'd happily provide them with a spoon to scoop out their eyes in mercy. Not really wanting to hear anything else. At this stage Jack was pretty convinced that this entire quest was nothing but fluff. And that he had no real reason to be here anymore. About turning Jack made his way back downstairs and into the grand hall once again.

He determiend that the most interesting thing about the whole mansion was probably what was happening right now in the veranda. Although he had no real interest in getting involved in things like that he did hold an extreme distaste for the Kami and their self rightiousness. However, it made good food. Perhaps he'd take a look and have a dinner and a show. At the moment, this seemed like the best idea. So with that. The dread wolf trodded off back towards the veranda through the great hall once again.
Form: Bad Wolf ( +2 all stats, Ascended)
EXP: 311
Actions: ....about turned and heading back towards the veranda
Completed Objectives
* Side objective 1 - Take out at least 1 set of assorted npc baddies. (Objective Completion Expired)
* Side objective 2 - Defeat the Plant creature! (Objective Completion Expired)
* Weekday objective 2 – Find the entrance to either the 2nd floor or the basement.
* Weekday objective 3 – Enter the 2nd floor or the basement.
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 31

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:00 am

The hyena grinned maliciously. Now this was some excitement! Ostensibly, the kami hadn't felt her last attack until it was too late, though he had attempted to make some sort of strike against her friend and servant to halt the emergence of the hybrid's powers. It didn't matter. They had the angel on the run, and she didn't intend to halt her follow-up any time soon. If anything, her aggression would allow Jack to find the princess and let them claim whatever reward without having to share any with the likes of him. It was a scant justification, but it was plenty justification for her to keep up the assault.

"We've almost got him," she snarled low in her throat with a malicious grin. "Külm nagu haud."

The vines of the vile plant no longer blocked her view to the outside, and she could thus peer into the lovely eyes of the kami gazing down at them. She didn't target his head with the next wave of chill, but instead targeted the spot she suspected his body would be. The nice thing about cold was that it could travel rather nicely through matter, and indeed would continue on its way whether or not it hit the kami right off.

Only after the spell did she bother flying up to the roof to check on the conditions and, if necessary, continue the battle.

[ Location: The Veranda || EXP: 332 || +1 TEXP ]

Actions:
> Enemy HP: [32.5] -30 (plant) -37.5 (last attack)
> Frostbite [Perfected]: DMG (1) (Potential damage = 25 | Potential Remaining HP = 7.5 | 7.5 > 10. Potentially unconscious)
> First roll is for Frostbite. Second roll is for Ash's last Bolt



Last edited by LittleMariko on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to put TEXP earnings <3)
Back to top Go down
Dice Roller
Veteran
Veteran


Rep! : 5

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:00 am

The member 'LittleMariko' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '[ Perfected ]' :


--------------------------------

#2 '[ Honed ]' :
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 19
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 am

Coming into the room, I witness something I truly don't want to see. Like this is really nasty to be honest. I attempt to neutralize the situation before he gets too close. "Stand down!" A Void Orb would fly from my hand while I form a follow-up orb in the off hand. I try to prevent hving to fight a naked. And sweaty demon creature thing! That was just not a scenario, I wanted to deal with. I was hoping that the first Minor Rip blast would knock him back just far enough so that I could speak. "Wait! I apologize for the interruption. You there, cowering behind the bed, umm... pleasure him and you there, I'm gonna go so you can get back to doing what u were doing.

If I had successfully de-escalated the situation, then I would back away quickly and move for Door 3. I would try to listen at the door before entering. Still trying to find this captor... I mean princess. Yeah, she is the main target.

-----------------
"I Will Strike First and I Will Strike Last. Order calls for your neutralization."
Kautuka - Mystic Hybrid | The Art of War
Back to top Go down
Shintre
Admin
Admin
avatar

Rep! : 24

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:18 am

Really busy day @ work so you’re gonna have to work with me.
@ Rekoa & Kaz – princess is not behind that door, come up w/your scenario of what’s beyond it like if you were handling a !! situation.

-----------------
- The Big Cheese -
Back to top Go down
Kazatul
Mystic Elder
Mystic Elder
avatar

Rep! : 19
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:43 am

Success had been attained in defusing the situation. It would seem that even in demonic creatures, a man's lust and vigor held great power of influence. The other demon moved from their cowering place and I leave before the disturbing sounds that got a disturbing image of what Wookiee sex sounds like. One of them was going to work tho.

I move the door back into place, somewhat, before preceding on to Door 3. Thankfully, there was no demon creature sex taking place, but I had stumbled upon a room with enemy creatures discussing something and no princess... hmm... looking at both of them, I already know what is about to happen to them, but they certainly were not prepared. I create a spatial distortion throughout the room since there were no valuable present. One of them prepares to rush at me once again, so I make him someone else's problem. As my next chant is spoken, "Rip beneath." The distortion created in vertical in stead of horizontal like normal, so it work like a trap pretty well. The creature runs into it taking more damage before the ground should be cracked open to drop them downstairs beneath me.

Exiting from the room once again, I pause for a moment before looking down the hall (if he is still there) and notice Jin, but not knowing that it is for sure him. If it was him, he had developed a more muscular form and looked slightly different. I make no gesture of warmth, but rather turn and walk towards Door 6. I actually go past Door 5 because if Door 6 does not hold the one that we are searching for it, then I will have to head past Room 5 anyway. Reaching Door 6, I open it with my left hand as a Void Orb appears in my right hand. My connection tot he Void is growing stronger I believe as I don't even focus on harnessing energy from it.

OOC: No worries, old man.

-----------------
"I Will Strike First and I Will Strike Last. Order calls for your neutralization."
Kautuka - Mystic Hybrid | The Art of War
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry   

Back to top Go down
 
Shinteractive Quest: The Golden Tonberry
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» HAPPY GOLDEN BIRTHDAY ADAM!
» Golden Bolt
» The Mystery of the Golden Idol!
» New Golden Blood Alpha
» The quest for celestians A dragon quest 9 fanfic

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shintheory Role-Playing :: DOR :: Roleplaying Board :: Terra Regnum-
Jump to: